Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *herrybomb77Woman 5 weeks ago

Belgium and Luxembourg

Avoiding taxes

By *bi HaiveMan 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Paying over the odds for shit social media platforms.

Going into space for 30 seconds.

Becoming President.

People actually liking them......

By *ot to giggleWoman 5 weeks ago

Coventry

being president!

By *ad NannaWoman 5 weeks ago

East London

Living forever on the moon.

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

How rich? Most wealthy people think they're poor and/or middle class, and dream of being rich(er).

"Oh it's all locked up in property/shares/etc", "oh well actually my net worth is negative because of loans/mortgages/etc", "oh well my income is that now but it could disappear at any minute".

Never met poorer people than the rich.

By *itygamesMan 5 weeks ago

UK

dream of not worrying about who's going to get there money

By *ostindreamsMan 5 weeks ago

London

Going by some recent high profile cases, I wouldn't want to know.

By *red333Man 5 weeks ago

Dorchester

Being poor but with loads of friends and family

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS 5 weeks ago

stockport

Not living in Stockport.lol

Belgium and Luxembourg

"How rich? Most wealthy people think they're poor and/or middle class, and dream of being rich(er).

"Oh it's all locked up in property/shares/etc", "oh well actually my net worth is negative because of loans/mortgages/etc", "oh well my income is that now but it could disappear at any minute".

Never met poorer people than the rich."

Well there's middle-class, rich and uber rich.

Just because you own property doesn't automatically make you "rich". And mortgages are no joke either, especially in places like the UK and Ireland where the average property owner has zero protection from greedy banks and equally greedy tax collectors.

Plus some of us have families to feed and care for, illnesses to manage (and that's not free in Ireland, that's for sure).

The way I see it the ones at the very top, the hyper-rich are the very same ones with the same sense of entitlement as the ones at the bottom who expect free social housing in city centres, don't give a crap about those of us working our butt off and paying through the nose in taxes so that all we're left with is bills, no holidays, more bills and dreams of retirement.

Oddly enough, they find the wherewithal to holiday in Lanzarote while cashing their social welfare cheques.

We haven't had a family holiday in years. We can't afford it.

Sorry if this offends your sensibilities but I've been working since my teens, I've never been on welfare, my parents neither and they worked their butts off and saved up to buy a house while their fellow citizens kept jeering at them for being foreign and "stealing our jobs" while drinking cans, using every trick in the book to live off the state and smoking Players Light.

I view those people no better than Jeff Bezos.

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

"Sorry if this offends your sensibilities but I've been working since my teens, I've never been on welfare, my parents neither and they worked their butts off and saved up to buy a house while their fellow citizens kept jeering at them for being foreign and "stealing our jobs" while drinking cans, using every trick in the book to live off the state and smoking Players Light."

This doesn't offend me. It's incredibly confusing, mind. Do you think I think you're rich? Why with all the poor-bashing in a thread about rich people?

By *shburton76Man 5 weeks ago

nearby

Honestly…

Being bought a pint…just once.

“Same again?” Not something I’ve heard in a very long time

By *rill PhilMan 5 weeks ago

Crediton

People not hating them because they're jealous of their success?

By *r_reusMan 5 weeks ago

Coventry

Epstein Island.

By *lex46TV/TS 5 weeks ago

Near Wells

"How rich? Most wealthy people think they're poor and/or middle class, and dream of being rich(er).

Never met poorer people than the rich."

You forgot the John Paul Getty quote “I’m feeling extremely vulnerable now “ with assets worth Billions.

By *rucking-HellMan 5 weeks ago

Northampton

Depends what you mean by "rich". If you're talking financially, then they worry about how not to be so anxious about their "wealth" vanishing or losing it's value.

If you're talking about the spiritually rich, they worry about nothing.

nearby

"People not hating them because they're jealous of their success? "

I happen to work in the creative industry and have between london and the states and now happily in the south-west with no plan on every going back to the rat race I think I’ve done ok… the ones that become jealous will generally stay where they are, the ones that are color/wealth blind will ask questions and seek advice, I’ve always been very open about my career and how to get ahead… green eyed people will always been green eyed and never make it far!

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan 5 weeks ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Money gives you choices. I'm lucky that I don't havebto worry about money, but am not in the slightest worried about material things, for me life and happiness is about relationships, experiences and being happy with who you are.

nearby

"Depends what you mean by "rich". If you're talking financially, then they worry about how not to be so anxious about their "wealth" vanishing or losing it's value.

If you're talking about the spiritually rich, they worry about nothing. "

It’s (I know this from experience) very difficult to become spiritually rich in the UK without having to deal with the daily bullshit of feeding yourself and paying the bills…can I do yoga and meditation for 3hrs on a beach in Devon yes I can…can Sharon who works down Lidl? Probably not

By *rill PhilMan 5 weeks ago

Crediton

"People not hating them because they're jealous of their success?

I happen to work in the creative industry and have between london and the states and now happily in the south-west with no plan on every going back to the rat race I think I’ve done ok… the ones that become jealous will generally stay where they are, the ones that are color/wealth blind will ask questions and seek advice, I’ve always been very open about my career and how to get ahead… green eyed people will always been green eyed and never make it far!"

I don't know... I think envy is good. It drives you to want more for yourself. It's only bad when being envious leads you to being resentful.

I'm not rich. Not even a little bit. I have to fight for and stretch every penny I have but, I hold no ill will towards people with money.

Do I wish they would give some to me? Sure! I'm mainly living on rice at the moment so, absolutely! But, should they give me money? No.

Should they feel bad? No.

If you've been lucky enough to either be born into money, or you've been lucky enough to make a financial success of yourself, more power to you I say.

People like that generally create employment opportunities, and some of them even pay tax!

We need rich people. Besides, one day I an to be one... don't want to be shitting on my future doorstep.

By *ea_toastkinkyWoman 5 weeks ago

Hinckley

"Depends what you mean by "rich". If you're talking financially, then they worry about how not to be so anxious about their "wealth" vanishing or losing it's value.

It’s (I know this from experience) very difficult to become spiritually rich in the UK without having to deal with the daily bullshit of feeding yourself and paying the bills…can I do yoga and meditation for 3hrs on a beach in Devon yes I can…can Sharon who works down Lidl? Probably not"

I imagine I fantasise about the same things richer people and poorer people do: the next step up the property ladder, the next holiday.... richness comes in many forms.

nearby

It’s (I know this from experience) very difficult to become spiritually rich in the UK without having to deal with the daily bullshit of feeding yourself and paying the bills…can I do yoga and meditation for 3hrs on a beach in Devon yes I can…can Sharon who works down Lidl? Probably not

I imagine I fantasise about the same things richer people and poorer people do: the next step up the property ladder, the next holiday.... richness comes in many forms.

"

Definitely don’t fantasise about property or holidays for sure…but normal stuff… like someone else buying a pint for a change would be nice

By *rucking-HellMan 5 weeks ago

Northampton

It’s (I know this from experience) very difficult to become spiritually rich in the UK without having to deal with the daily bullshit of feeding yourself and paying the bills…can I do yoga and meditation for 3hrs on a beach in Devon yes I can…can Sharon who works down Lidl? Probably not"

One route to spiritual richness is through the daily process and experience of feeding oneself and paying the bills.

Finding deeper meaning in one's suffering and all that.

Belgium and Luxembourg

"Sorry if this offends your sensibilities but I've been working since my teens, I've never been on welfare, my parents neither and they worked their butts off and saved up to buy a house while their fellow citizens kept jeering at them for being foreign and "stealing our jobs" while drinking cans, using every trick in the book to live off the state and smoking Players Light.

This doesn't offend me. It's incredibly confusing, mind. Do you think I think you're rich? Why with all the poor-bashing in a thread about rich people?"

Some people consider us rich because we were "lucky" enough to inherit. But there was a catch. We had to take a mortgage to build a granny flat for granny. Granny is long gone but we're still paying for Granny's disabled friendly flat.

If it had been up to me, I would have stayed in the UK and kept working. The moment we landed in Ireland I found out about expensive things like daycare, non-existent parental leave and an intensely toxic work culture aimed at my Irish husband.

I was also subjected to racism, sexism, homophobia, fat-shaming, xenophobia and NO ONE in the local D4 Irish mammy group could believe my "luck".... they'd zing me with questions during playgroup like "how did you two MEET?" when really they were saying "why couldn't your husband find a nice normal Irish girl".

I was prevented from teaching non-religious values to my daughter. I was discouraged from teaching her my native tongue.

And it wasn't just me. My other expat friends complained of the same behavior.

Yet whenever someone asks where we lived and we said Sandymount, people looked at us funny... like we were millionaires. What they didn't realise was that moving to Dublin took a massive toll on my physical, mental and emotional health but Granny wanted her Granny flat so we schlepped over there, from Scotland where I was happy and settled, had a career and friends and made to live through 12 years of he'll.

I'm not saying Irish people are mean. I have Irish friends, both male, female and in between.

But I will never forgive those nasty, vituperous, two-faced, Foxrock tractor driving mammies in D4.

So yeah, on paper we're "rich"... but not really.

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man 5 weeks ago

District 13

How to make more money

By *icolerobbieCouple 5 weeks ago

walsall

How much money would one need to be rich?

By *ex HolesMan 5 weeks ago

Up North

Rishi Sunak

District 13

"How much money would one need to be rich? "

As long as someone wakes with air in their lungs they’re rich beyond money

walsall

"How much money would one need to be rich?

As long as someone wakes with air in their lungs they’re rich beyond money "

‘‘Tis true, but I was hoping it could be quantified in pounds sterling.

District 13

As long as someone wakes with air in their lungs they’re rich beyond money "

And I’m not raising a debate about money, wealth, health or anything else I’m just a glass half full kinda guy

District 13

‘‘Tis true, but I was hoping it could be quantified in pounds sterling."

100k plus earners are in top 2% so I’d have to say 1,000,000 to be comfortably rich but not super rich

walsall

And I’m not raising a debate about money, wealth, health or anything else I’m just a glass half full kinda guy "

Yeah, good way to be. I was thinking at what point is someone considered rich?

walsall

100k plus earners are in top 2% so I’d have to say 1,000,000 to be comfortably rich but not super rich "

So unless we’re a millionaire earning 100k were not rich.

Dam and blast!

By *alcon77Man 5 weeks ago

where the land meets the sky

[Removed by poster at 29/03/24 14:19:47]

District 13

100k plus earners are in top 2% so I’d have to say 1,000,000 to be comfortably rich but not super rich

So unless we’re a millionaire earning 100k were not rich.

Dam and blast!"

That’s just what I retrieved from gooooooogle I couldn’t say for absolute fact however if I had a million I’d feel rather rich

By *uckurcumMan 5 weeks ago

County Durham .Bishop Auckland

Keeping those struggling in their place so they remain unchallenged....

We need an apocalypse to level the playing field in what's becoming a very unjust world,I'm not religious but we've got the lot from false gods being worshipped to locusts who can be likened to politicians !

walsall

"Keeping those struggling in their place so they remain unchallenged....

We need an apocalypse to level the playing field in what's becoming a very unjust world,I'm not religious but we've got the lot from false gods being worshipped to locusts who can be likened to politicians ! "

If all the money was shared out equally, believe that we’d be back to where we are before we knew it.

The squanderers would squander, the savers would save, the investors invest and the business types do business.

Basically the squanderers would give all their money to the businesses, who’ve been invested in by the investors.

This is not a fact btw, just my take on it.

By *lipy123TV/TS 5 weeks ago

Birmingham

More money

By *mynightCouple 5 weeks ago

London

Fucking the poor!

By *alcon77Man 5 weeks ago

where the land meets the sky

Buying all the pants in the world.

-If I were jeff bezos, that's what I'd do.

I'd buy all the pants.

By *harismatic_SapiophileMan 5 weeks ago

Leafy Suburbs NW

Real people, authenticity knowing that those around them are there for the value In the relationship rather than the value in the bank.

Ways of protecting their wealth.

The ways of benefiting others that has benefit and/or impact.

By *ackdaw52Man 5 weeks ago

Chesterfield

They fantasise about being in the house of Lords, political connections, tax breaks and enduring legacies.

Coventry

"Fucking the poor! "

I've met a couple of rich people before but I did most of the fucking.

Coventry

"Buying all the pants in the world.

I'd buy all the pants."

Is that pants as in underpants or what Americans call trousers?

Because I'd buy all the latter, stuff the legs and turn them into hats, so people could all walk around looking like some sort of bizarre Space Rabbits...

By *iaisonseekerMan 5 weeks ago

Liverpool

I think the Boss covered this when he sang:

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, king ain't satisfied till he rules everything."

By *onameyet2Man 5 weeks ago

chorley

I'd buy all the pants."

Have you been at my washing line ?

By *onameyet2Man 5 weeks ago

chorley

I'd buy all the pants.

Is that pants as in underpants or what Americans call trousers?

Because I'd buy all the latter, stuff the legs and turn them into hats, so people could all walk around looking like some sort of bizarre Space Rabbits..."

By *cLovin2Man 5 weeks ago

Reading

"Fucking the poor! "

No wonder the bastard's all join the Tories, now there's a group who take great pleasure in fucking the poor and there's no orgasm in it either

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 5 weeks ago

Leeds

Probably similar shit to poor people.

Mrs

By *aplaMan 5 weeks ago

denny

Fucking the poor

By *9alMan 5 weeks ago

Bridgend

"Fucking the poor! "

I hope that they do fantasize about having sex with poor people

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Chichester

most of them fantasize about sucking my girldick tbh , from all the ones i have met anyway

Coventry

"Fucking the poor!

I hope that they do fantasize about having sex with poor people "

The one's who've read Lady Chatterley's Lover perhaps?

walsall

"most of them fantasize about sucking my girldick tbh , from all the ones i have met anyway "

That’s all well and good, but are you poor?

By *tylebender03Man 5 weeks ago

Manchester

Deceiving the masses

Chichester

"most of them fantasize about sucking my girldick tbh , from all the ones i have met anyway

That’s all well and good, but are you poor?"

No i am not

By *hav02Man 5 weeks ago

Glasgow/London

*walks in and puts my car keys in the bowl* who wants their fantasy to come true?

By *mynightCouple 5 weeks ago

London

"Fucking the poor!

No wonder the bastard's all join the Tories, now there's a group who take great pleasure in fucking the poor and there's no orgasm in it either "

Orgasms for the sadomasochistic poor and orgasms for the rich!

walsall

"most of them fantasize about sucking my girldick tbh , from all the ones i have met anyway

No i am not "

Did they fuck you?

By *9alMan 5 weeks ago

Bridgend

"*walks in and puts my car keys in the bowl* who wants their fantasy to come true?"

are they Rolls Royce keys or Reliant Robin keys ?

Chichester

No i am not

Did they fuck you?"

Right in my ass

By *m-BatmanMan 5 weeks ago

Gotham

"Avoiding taxes"

Can confirm - this. Gives me hot sweats at night and I get all excited by morning with new ideas!!

By *m-BatmanMan 5 weeks ago

Gotham

"Definitely don’t fantasise about property or holidays for sure…but normal stuff… like someone else buying a pint for a change would be nice"

You still go out with people? Not hit the recluse stage yet? I can’t remember the last time I stepped foot out of my mansion and socialised with the pint drinking rabble I’ll be honest!

walsall

No i am not

Did they fuck you?

Right in my ass "

Disproves the rich only fucking the poor then!

By *red333Man 5 weeks ago

Dorchester

Making more money

Reading

"Fucking the poor!

No wonder the bastard's all join the Tories, now there's a group who take great pleasure in fucking the poor and there's no orgasm in it either

Orgasms for the sadomasochistic poor and orgasms for the rich!"

Grope up against a skip for the poor

By *heSchwingersCouple 5 weeks ago

Essex

A Tory government taking from the poor and giving to them

By *ananas57Couple 5 weeks ago

lake ariel

The rich people I know, wish they had a normal life. Not the false friends and the distant family

By *owcester-ishMan 5 weeks ago

Towcester

I don’t fantasise about anything. I’ve got everything I need or want. The only thing I dream about is the next man in my bed

By *r.Esteban-PepinilloMan 5 weeks ago

Ends

Being poor and Black

By *ecadent_DevonMan 5 weeks ago

Okehampton

Olives

Reading

"A Tory government taking from the poor and giving to them "