FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gender neutral terms

Gender neutral terms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r.Stephen-Pickle OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Ends

Are terms like bro, guys, girl, sis gender neutral in the modern world or do you think we should just use gender neutral terms instead?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky_couple2020Couple 2 weeks ago

North West

"Are terms like bro, guys, girl, sis gender neutral in the modern world or do you think we should just use gender neutral terms instead?"

I think guys has become pretty gender neutral. I use it like that. I use "folks" too.

The others - I think it depends who is using them and the context. I don't mind being called bro

By *onderWomanWlvWoman 2 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I don't think 'guys', for example is gender neutral. Just ask a straight man how many 'guys' he has had sex with...

What terms like that are, are the default male - ie the male term is centred and seen as the standard. Many people feel that the male term as default is inclusive of women (and others) as long as they mean it that way, but a simple trick to see how this is false is to reverse it.

Eg, how many men who work in sales would mind their job title being "saleswoman"? After all, if 'salesman' actually means everyone, then so does 'saleswoman'.

There's an excellent parody account on various social media sites called Man Who Has It All that makes excellent and often funny posts about this.

By *hoirCouple 2 weeks ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"Oi" seems to work well for me.

I rarely use anything else aside from names.

C

By *uriousscouserWoman 2 weeks ago

Wirral

An old agent of mine used to constantly call me "dude". I got used to it eventually and it used to make me smile.

I try to avoid unnecessarily gendering in work (ladies and gentlemen for example, such an old-fashioned way to start speaking, and if talking to a group of women there's the girls/ladies minefield to be swerved) but I treat "guys" as fairly neutral.

I'm in the fortunate position of rarely being misgendered (occasional spammy emails addressed to Mr Sarah/Dear Sir) so it's not something I feel particularly keenly but understand why others might.

By *uriousscouserWoman 2 weeks ago

Wirral

"I don't think 'guys', for example is gender neutral. Just ask a straight man how many 'guys' he has had sex with...

What terms like that are, are the default male - ie the male term is centred and seen as the standard. Many people feel that the male term as default is inclusive of women (and others) as long as they mean it that way, but a simple trick to see how this is false is to reverse it.

Eg, how many men who work in sales would mind their job title being "saleswoman"? After all, if 'salesman' actually means everyone, then so does 'saleswoman'.

There's an excellent parody account on various social media sites called Man Who Has It All that makes excellent and often funny posts about this. "

I love Man Who Has It All!

North West

"An old agent of mine used to constantly call me "dude". I got used to it eventually and it used to make me smile.

I try to avoid unnecessarily gendering in work (ladies and gentlemen for example, such an old-fashioned way to start speaking, and if talking to a group of women there's the girls/ladies minefield to be swerved) but I treat "guys" as fairly neutral.

I'm in the fortunate position of rarely being misgendered (occasional spammy emails addressed to Mr Sarah/Dear Sir) so it's not something I feel particularly keenly but understand why others might."

I get misgendered all the time at work (by students, via email usually). It's not something that bothers me personally, I know English is their second or third language.

By *emorefridaCouple 2 weeks ago

La la land

I'm not allowed to use oi twats in work unfortunately. I do tend to use guys but it's something I'm trying to stop doing. But it's flipping hard in classes of over 200 and they're being idiots.

Part of the dialect where I'm from calls a group of people boys. So I don't mind it personally, but appreciate that isn't the case for everyone.

By *ssex_tomMan 2 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Tom is a traditional man. He prefers Ladies and Gentlemen

By *wistntwirlCouple 2 weeks ago

Middle Land

"or do you think we should just use gender neutral terms instead?"

No.

There's enough words to keep everyone happy. Or unhappy should they prefer.

By *naswingdressWoman 2 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think aiming for gender neutral language is the safest way forward, recognising that habits and sensibilities are difficult to break

By *tsJustKateWoman 2 weeks ago

London

"Are terms like bro, guys, girl, sis gender neutral in the modern world or do you think we should just use gender neutral terms instead?"

I don't subscribe to that nonsense

By *ad NannaWoman 2 weeks ago

East London

I get called bruv now and then, and am included in groups addressed as guys.

I don't care, I'm not easily offended and I'm not gender sensitive.

East London

"I think aiming for gender neutral language is the safest way forward, recognising that habits and sensibilities are difficult to break"

Safest? Are people in danger from gender specific words?

Ends

"Are terms like bro, guys, girl, sis gender neutral in the modern world or do you think we should just use gender neutral terms instead?

I don't subscribe to that nonsense "

Did you click unsubscribe at the bottom of the email?

Manchester (she/her)

"I think aiming for gender neutral language is the safest way forward, recognising that habits and sensibilities are difficult to break

Safest? Are people in danger from gender specific words?"

Clearly not. In terms of including everyone.

See what I did there? I used a gender neutral term.

Ends

"I get called bruv now and then, and am included in groups addressed as guys.

I don't care, I'm not easily offended and I'm not gender sensitive. "

Because you’re one of the mandem

By *ransgirl7TV/TS 2 weeks ago

South/East Devon

‘Guys’ completely does my head in! Yes, I’m probably old fashioned!

East London

"I think aiming for gender neutral language is the safest way forward, recognising that habits and sensibilities are difficult to break

See what I did there? I used a gender neutral term."

Because you wouldn't use singular gender terms in that sentence.

I'm not sure I've understood the question, to be honest.

East London

Because you’re one of the mandem"

Right on, sis!

By * man -Man 2 weeks ago

Bath

I think our own words and our own true values and intentions are our own and always should be. Other people’s interpretations, judgement and opinions are theirs. If people aim to offend then shame on them, if people see offence where none was intended then that’s a shame too. Our words should always remain our own individual choice. By all means be influenced by social pressures, friends, trends & progress but we should never be told what words we can or cannot use - that kind of shiz is an imbalance of power!

They isn’t even correct grammar anyway, we’d have to start using IT instead! What’s the first thing people ask me about my dog when we’re out and I get stopped? Awwww cute, is IT a BOY or a GIRL! I always try to reply THEY’S not an IT, you transphobe!!!

Ends

Because you’re one of the mandem

Right on, sis! "

By *ts the taking part thatMan 2 weeks ago

southampton

If you just ask if someone has a prostate you'll know if it's a he, her or he/she.

Simples.

Middle Land

I use 'dick' as a gender neutral term

And 'cunt' for that matter.

By *illy IdolMan 2 weeks ago

Somewhere near the middle

I use guys to address a mixed group. It just blurts out.

What would you recommend I change it for going forward?

Middle Land

"I use guys to address a mixed group. It just blurts out.

What would you recommend I change it for going forward?"

Hi all?

Hello everyone?

Alright peeps?

Yo muthafuckas!

Manchester (she/her)

See what I did there? I used a gender neutral term.

Because you wouldn't use singular gender terms in that sentence.

I'm not sure I've understood the question, to be honest.

"

I could have said (it would have been unnatural, but I could have) the guys, the gals, the ladies and gentlemen, etc.

I'm quite happy to think for a second and substitute a term that doesn't imply one gender or another or a gender binary, rather than potentially upsetting someone. I just think it's curteous.

Ends

"I don't think 'guys', for example is gender neutral. Just ask a straight man how many 'guys' he has had sex with...

There's an excellent parody account on various social media sites called Man Who Has It All that makes excellent and often funny posts about this. "

I get you. And agree with you. But if a woman calls me girl or sis, and they have done, I don’t think I care. I know women that call other women bro or bruv in affectionate ways. But I guess that’s different isn’t it? It’s complex it’s usually the answer to these questions

Ends

Terms that can be used in a gender neutral way and often are but are not in nature gender neutral

Manchester (she/her)

There's an excellent parody account on various social media sites called Man Who Has It All that makes excellent and often funny posts about this.

I get you. And agree with you. But if a woman calls me girl or sis, and they have done, I don’t think I care. I know women that call other women bro or bruv in affectionate ways. But I guess that’s different isn’t it? It’s complex it’s usually the answer to these questions"

I'm inclined to think that these rules (and other forms of trying to be polite) are stricter when we're less sure how others will react.

You might call your friends a bunch of bastards, but your bosses might not take it too well. Default to polite when you don't know how people will take things (and assume good faith in the first instance when someone crosses one of your boundaries)

By *inaTitzTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I aim for gender neutral terms, as it costs me nothing and can mean a great deal to some people.

Ends

I get you. And agree with you. But if a woman calls me girl or sis, and they have done, I don’t think I care. I know women that call other women bro or bruv in affectionate ways. But I guess that’s different isn’t it? It’s complex it’s usually the answer to these questions

I'm inclined to think that these rules (and other forms of trying to be polite) are stricter when we're less sure how others will react.

You might call your friends a bunch of bastards, but your bosses might not take it too well. Default to polite when you don't know how people will take things (and assume good faith in the first instance when someone crosses one of your boundaries)"

I get you but I don’t think a bunch of bastards is a fair comparison to the terms I’m talking about.

Manchester (she/her)

You might call your friends a bunch of bastards, but your bosses might not take it too well. Default to polite when you don't know how people will take things (and assume good faith in the first instance when someone crosses one of your boundaries)

I get you but I don’t think a bunch of bastards is a fair comparison to the terms I’m talking about. "

It's not.

Sorry, I was trying to remove the gender element to make my point. Some people won't understand why using (potentially) gender specific terms would upset people, so I went for different potential rudeness to try to demonstrate it.

Going gender neutral, for me, is polite, for an audience I don't know. In the same way as using more rigid, formal language is polite, even though my cultural default would be to slag off people I have high regard for.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 2 weeks ago

Leeds

Gender neutral what a load of bollocks, maybe people should try not being a pussy.

The mr

Ends

"Gender neutral what a load of bollocks, maybe people should try not being a pussy.

The mr "

You first babe

Manchester (she/her)

"Gender neutral what a load of bollocks, maybe people should try not being a pussy.

The mr

You first babe "

It's always amazing when men use babe, hun, or whatever to me and I call them petal or darling in response. They almost always lose their shit.

I wonder why

By *toC Thats MeWoman 2 weeks ago

Sheffield

My children often call me bro, I don’t think they are gender specific no.

Like if I’ve done something wrong I go ahhh man!

By *toC Thats MeWoman 2 weeks ago

Sheffield

I get you. And agree with you. But if a woman calls me girl or sis, and they have done, I don’t think I care. I know women that call other women bro or bruv in affectionate ways. But I guess that’s different isn’t it? It’s complex it’s usually the answer to these questions"

Agreed…just endearing terms to me.

Leeds

The mr

You first babe "

Awww bless you tried to be patronising, how cute, back to the drawing board for you.

The mr

By *ripfillMan 2 weeks ago

havant

Hello - it is getting more complex and why ?

In work I tend to refer now to “Hi team” which is so crass and Christian Names which is far better but a collective noun which is politically correct ….

Privately the language I can create ….in my head is for some just me and my brain to deal with !

By *illy IdolMan 2 weeks ago

Somewhere near the middle

What would you recommend I change it for going forward?

Hi all?

Hello everyone?

Alright peeps?

Yo muthafuckas!

"

I like these

By *heeseandWineCouple 2 weeks ago

Reading and Southampton

"‘Guys’ completely does my head in! Yes, I’m probably old fashioned!"
Your not the only one, we don't like the term 'Guys' either

Ends

The mr

You first babe

Awww bless you tried to be patronising, how cute, back to the drawing board for you.

The mr "

Anywayssssssssss

By *parkle1974Woman 2 weeks ago

Leeds

Fuckface works for all I find.

North West

The mr "

Or a dick. Let's be inclusive when using genital-based insults.

By *wist my nipplesCouple 2 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Honestly, I don't get the fuss. If I can be more inclusive in my language, therefore making somebody feel more comfortable, why wouldn't I do that? It's no skin off my nose.

Mrs TMN x

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 2 weeks ago

North West

I loathe the terms Guys.

My f friend and I were called Guys in a restaurant at the weekend. (It wasn't 5 Guys before any wits start).

In my world, Guys is a male term that's just bled into general use.

Flip it and ask, would you use a F term, like Gals for a Male group ?

Manchester (she/her)

The mr

Or a dick. Let's be inclusive when using genital-based insults. "

Everyone has an arsehole. That's my default. It's gender neutral!

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 2 weeks ago

North West

And yes, bad terminology really burns my toast.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Stockport

"I think our own words and our own true values and intentions are our own and always should be. Other people’s interpretations, judgement and opinions are theirs. If people aim to offend then shame on them, if people see offence where none was intended then that’s a shame too. Our words should always remain our own individual choice. By all means be influenced by social pressures, friends, trends & progress but we should never be told what words we can or cannot use - that kind of shiz is an imbalance of power!

They isn’t even correct grammar anyway, we’d have to start using IT instead! What’s the first thing people ask me about my dog when we’re out and I get stopped? Awwww cute, is IT a BOY or a GIRL! I always try to reply THEY’S not an IT, you transphobe!!! "

But you've just used "they" as singular! It's actually perfectly natural usage in english as a third person pronoun when we don't know the gender of the person we're referring to. There just seems to be something embedded in nearly everybody's social conditioning that as soon as we get even the slightest hint of someone's gender, our brain almost forces us to switch to gendered pronouns. It suddenly becomes outrageous to talk about a person as "they", it has to be "he" or "she", even though just moments before we were told (or just guessed) a gender, it was the most natural thing in the world...

For the record, my preference is for people to call me "she" at the times when it's bloody obvious I'm dressed as a woman and using a female name, "he" when I'm dressed as a man and using a male name. I always recognise that it can be easy to make an honest mistake, as the gender thing is just so built in to our social behaviour, especially on phone calls or any other situation where I don't have easily visible gender clues. What is annoying though is when someone is clearly just being a twat and deliberately trying to cause offence...

Manchester (she/her)

"I loathe the terms Guys.

My f friend and I were called Guys in a restaurant at the weekend. (It wasn't 5 Guys before any wits start).

Flip it and ask, would you use a F term, like Gals for a Male group ? "

I think men would lose their shit if you started calling them traditionally female terms, yet they expect women to just take traditionally male terms, and isn't that telling.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Stockport

"If you just ask if someone has a prostate you'll know if it's a he, her or he/she.

Simples."

Yes, obviously the best way to assign gender is on the basis of an internal organ that only your doctor will ever have any reason whatsoever to examine. Hope you won't mind if refuse to use your own preferred pronouns until after I've shoved a finger up your bum and had a good feel around...

By *inkyycurvyyWoman 2 weeks ago

Manchester

Best way around it is just to call everyone fuck nugget

Ends

"I loathe the terms Guys.

Flip it and ask, would you use a F term, like Gals for a Male group ? "

I think I don’t mind being called girl or sis by people but I do think that men feel very uncomfortable with it. You can tell that’s why men call women females

By *inkOasisWoman 2 weeks ago

Wolves

"If you just ask if someone has a prostate you'll know if it's a he, her or he/she.

Simples."

Why would you even make this transphobia comment.

Ends

By the way guys, I do use gender neutral terms but I’m just reflecting on my use of the terms I mentioned in my OP and actually whether people wouldn’t like it

By *rucking-HellMan 2 weeks ago

Northampton

I suppose "Hello cunt" is gender neutral.

That's the one I'd like to use in a woke workplace anyway.

Ends

"I suppose "Hello cunt" is gender neutral.

That's the one I'd like to use in a woke workplace anyway. "

In a woke workplace

This website gives me nothing but jokes some days

Leeds

The mr

Or a dick. Let's be inclusive when using genital-based insults. "

I said bollocks, just no pleasing some people

The mr

La la land

"By the way guys, I do use gender neutral terms but I’m just reflecting on my use of the terms I mentioned in my OP and actually whether people wouldn’t like it"

You're young ish Pickle. What do you use instead of guys for a group of young mixed gender people? Because my go to is guys, when I'm trying to get their attention. And although I may want to swear at them, that's kinda not appropriate

Manchester (she/her)

In a woke workplace

This website gives me nothing but jokes some days"

I saw an advert for lawn care of all things yesterday that tried to be anti-woke. It just made me roll my eyes. OK mate, alienate a sector of potential customers, very good.

Ends

"By the way guys, I do use gender neutral terms but I’m just reflecting on my use of the terms I mentioned in my OP and actually whether people wouldn’t like it

You're young ish Pickle. What do you use instead of guys for a group of young mixed gender people? Because my go to is guys, when I'm trying to get their attention. And although I may want to swear at them, that's kinda not appropriate "

I said guys when I used to work with young people and I got told not to say that by a boss so shifted to people.

And that feels pretty natural

By * man -Man 2 weeks ago

Bath

"I think our own words and our own true values and intentions are our own and always should be. Other people’s interpretations, judgement and opinions are theirs. If people aim to offend then shame on them, if people see offence where none was intended then that’s a shame too. Our words should always remain our own individual choice. By all means be influenced by social pressures, friends, trends & progress but we should never be told what words we can or cannot use - that kind of shiz is an imbalance of power!

They isn’t even correct grammar anyway, we’d have to start using IT instead! What’s the first thing people ask me about my dog when we’re out and I get stopped? Awwww cute, is IT a BOY or a GIRL! I always try to reply THEY’S not an IT, you transphobe!!!

But you've just used "they" as singular! It's actually perfectly natural usage in english as a third person pronoun when we don't know the gender of the person we're referring to. There just seems to be something embedded in nearly everybody's social conditioning that as soon as we get even the slightest hint of someone's gender, our brain almost forces us to switch to gendered pronouns. It suddenly becomes outrageous to talk about a person as "they", it has to be "he" or "she", even though just moments before we were told (or just guessed) a gender, it was the most natural thing in the world...

For the record, my preference is for people to call me "she" at the times when it's bloody obvious I'm dressed as a woman and using a female name, "he" when I'm dressed as a man and using a male name. I always recognise that it can be easy to make an honest mistake, as the gender thing is just so built in to our social behaviour, especially on phone calls or any other situation where I don't have easily visible gender clues. What is annoying though is when someone is clearly just being a twat and deliberately trying to cause offence..."

Yes that’s one opinion. You do it your way, I’ll do it mine and they can do it theirs or his or hers. But I don’t think anyone should be policing language - and I appreciate that’s just MY opinion, but nobody can tell me what my opinion is any more than they can tell you yours? I think so much talk and focus on identity has made many people lose respect and understanding for true individuality of thought

Ends

In a woke workplace

I saw an advert for lawn care of all things yesterday that tried to be anti-woke. It just made me roll my eyes. OK mate, alienate a sector of potential customers, very good."

Were they telling people to get off it?

Manchester (she/her)

In a woke workplace

I saw an advert for lawn care of all things yesterday that tried to be anti-woke. It just made me roll my eyes. OK mate, alienate a sector of potential customers, very good.

Were they telling people to get off it?"

no

It was something like "we identify as blokes/ geezers/ (some other stuff that makes it clear that we think pronouns are stupid even though we use the word we, which is a pronoun)"

The ad would have been just fine without that line, and I'm not sure why a company would try to be divisive when it's about something apolitical.

La la land

"By the way guys, I do use gender neutral terms but I’m just reflecting on my use of the terms I mentioned in my OP and actually whether people wouldn’t like it

You're young ish Pickle. What do you use instead of guys for a group of young mixed gender people? Because my go to is guys, when I'm trying to get their attention. And although I may want to swear at them, that's kinda not appropriate

I said guys when I used to work with young people and I got told not to say that by a boss so shifted to people.

And that feels pretty natural"

Hmm I'll try people, but I can't use an exasperated tone as easily with that word

Ends

Hmm I'll try people, but I can't use an exasperated tone as easily with that word "

COME ON PEOPLE?!?!

La la land

Hmm I'll try people, but I can't use an exasperated tone as easily with that word

COME ON PEOPLE?!?! "

Oh actually I can do that lol

By *ransgirl7TV/TS 2 weeks ago

South/East Devon

"‘Guys’ completely does my head in! Yes, I’m probably old fashioned!Your not the only one, we don't like the term 'Guys' either "

‘Folks’ seems to do the job well!

Middle Land

There's a 'he' in a 'they'.

Manchester (she/her)

"There's a 'he' in a 'they'. "

There's also die in diet.

Arrest dieticians, they murder people!

North West

The mr

Or a dick. Let's be inclusive when using genital-based insults.

I said bollocks, just no pleasing some people

The mr "

True. But they can be cut off very easily.

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

"Are terms like bro, guys, girl, sis gender neutral in the modern world or do you think we should just use gender neutral terms instead?

I don't subscribe to that nonsense "

100% with you on that one I get fed up with hearing about the latest invented genders. male female is all that's needed it's less that 1% of the human population that don't fall into either of those genders despite what social media try and tell you and as for the whole sis thing that just pisses me off

North West

And that feels pretty natural"

I'm guilty of the "guys" thing. I use "folks" more often now. It's impractical to reel off 20+ names when trying to get students to STFU.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm guilty of the "guys" thing. I use "folks" more often now. It's impractical to reel off 20+ names when trying to get students to STFU. "

Barking "shut the fuck up" seems pretty gender neutral to me

Chelmsford

The one thing that gets Tom's goat is being called a Cis male.

Tom identifies as a male. Stick your Cis where the sun don't shine.

Chelmsford

In a woke workplace

I saw an advert for lawn care of all things yesterday that tried to be anti-woke. It just made me roll my eyes. OK mate, alienate a sector of potential customers, very good."

Anti woke lawn care. What did they do that was anti woke?

Or was it an attempt at humour?

North West

I'm guilty of the "guys" thing. I use "folks" more often now. It's impractical to reel off 20+ names when trying to get students to STFU.

Barking "shut the fuck up" seems pretty gender neutral to me "

I would unfortunately get the sack if I said STFU to my students

Manchester (she/her)

I would unfortunately get the sack if I said STFU to my students "

More's the pity

Ends

"The one thing that gets Tom's goat is being called a Cis male.

Tom identifies as a male. Stick your Cis where the sun don't shine. "

Just because it sounds like sis doesn’t mea-

Actually. Nvm.

La la land

I would unfortunately get the sack if I said STFU to my students "

Totally annoying isn't it? Have to think it instead

By *iddlesticksMan 2 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I think cock must be gender neutral.

Only today I’ve seen pics of men with cocks and ladies with cocks.

East London

You're young ish Pickle. What do you use instead of guys for a group of young mixed gender people? Because my go to is guys, when I'm trying to get their attention. And although I may want to swear at them, that's kinda not appropriate "

I used to say right you lot, or ok class, pens out etc

By *uzie69xTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Maidstone

What would you recommend I change it for going forward?"

I think the good ol' British term "folks" is underused. Sounds a bit old fashioned but I think it's quaint. I use it all the time!

By *agnar73Man 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

‘Guys’ for a mixed group, nope

Just say hello and avoid trying to collectively address them.

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 2 weeks ago

manchetsr

Who cares really?

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man 2 weeks ago

District 13

Without trying to “offend” I will use mate, bab and whatever term I grew up using for a “man” or “woman” simply because whichever way you toss it or want it to be there are only two genders which are male and female

Fire away by all means but it’s the truth

Glasgow

"Who cares really? "

Tedious bastards usually

By *ea monkeyMan 2 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

I generally use the term ‘folks’. I don’t like the term ‘guys’.

It’s funny how many people seem to think that ignoring a person’s pronouns and actively misgendering them is ok.

Yes it is a choice, so is being a c*nt. just don’t be one! I guarantee that if a man was constantly being called ‘miss’ they would take issue with that ‘choice’

Glasgow

"I generally use the term ‘folks’. I don’t like the term ‘guys’.

It’s funny how many people seem to think that ignoring a person’s pronouns and actively misgendering them is ok.

"

It’s not okay, but it’s difficult to use something like guys for a mixed group and even then swerving using a descriptor is sometimes better

" Yes it is a choice, so is being a c*nt. just don’t be one! I guarantee that if a man was constantly being called ‘miss’ they would take issue with that ‘choice’ "

There’s general politeness and societal expectations, where I can, I do the right thing and that’s all you can do.

Manchester (she/her)

It’s not okay, but it’s difficult to use something like guys for a mixed group and even then swerving using a descriptor is sometimes better

Yes it is a choice, so is being a c*nt. just don’t be one! I guarantee that if a man was constantly being called ‘miss’ they would take issue with that ‘choice’

There’s general politeness and societal expectations, where I can, I do the right thing and that’s all you can do.

"

Swerving descriptors and trying to be polite is also being gender neutral, which helps some people. I don't see the problem.

By *antra MassageMan 2 weeks ago

Old bog road

I like the Royal "We", or " one". Regal, formal, and gender neutral.

By *ools and the brainCouple 2 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Genuinely and I know this is going to piss people off.

I really don't give a flying fuck,sick of listening and reading about it, whatever we say and do is wrong someone will change stance about what they are offended by daily.

There's far too much going on in the world far more serious than me being concerned if I should call my mate "mate" or not incase someone is in earshot and finds a non offensive term offensive it's not like I'm using actual offensive terminology it's merely a term of endearment.

But hey it goes both ways,in that case I demand everyone calls me Mr or Sir if not I'll be deeply offended.

By *ellhungvweMan 2 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Genuinely and I know this is going to piss people off.

I really don't give a flying fuck,sick of listening and reading about it, whatever we say and do is wrong someone will change stance about what they are offended by daily.

There's far too much going on in the world far more serious than me being concerned if I should call my mate "mate" or not incase someone is in earshot and finds a non offensive term offensive it's not like I'm using actual offensive terminology it's merely a term of endearment.

But hey it goes both ways,in that case I demand everyone calls me Mr or Sir if not I'll be deeply offended.

"

I am 100% with this

By *ellinever70Woman 2 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"Genuinely and I know this is going to piss people off.

"

If you ask politely, rather than demand, that would probably work better for you

Chelmsford

Yes it is a choice, so is being a c*nt. just don’t be one! I guarantee that if a man was constantly being called ‘miss’ they would take issue with that ‘shoice’ "

Is this white knight syndrome..

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 2 weeks ago

manchetsr

Yes it is a choice, so is being a c*nt. just don’t be one! I guarantee that if a man was constantly being called ‘miss’ they would take issue with that ‘shoice’

Is this white knight cyndrome..

"

Why did you choose to alter the quote?

Chelmsford

Yes it is a choice, so is being a c*nt. just don’t be one! I guarantee that if a man was constantly being called ‘miss’ they would take issue with that ‘shoice’

Is this white knight cyndrome..

Why did you choose to alter the quote?"

Syndrome .. sorry

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Chichester

I use mate and bro a lot with everyone and pal

By *ea monkeyMan 2 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

Is this white knight syndrome..

"

No. It’s called respecting a person. I wouldn’t expect you to understand

By *he turned me GreyCouple 2 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Is it not all contextual?, where use these terms, who we use them with, why we use these terms

Mr

By *tylebender03Man 2 weeks ago

Manchester

I am HIM

North West

"I am HIM"

His Infernal Majesty?