FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Loneliness

Loneliness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ries1 OP   Man 2 weeks ago

erdington

Do many men on here experience this? And what have you done that helped alleviate the feeling?

Be good to know if your relationship status and see if that makes a difference..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etal and KinkMan 2 weeks ago

Malice

Desperately for years. Had enough of it and went online to find company.

Found company, loneliness gone.

By *kiguy1234Man 2 weeks ago

Newport

Loneliness is a really downer.. can destroy self confidence and just sends you into a downward spiral.. that when you need your friends and make sure you see them as it just gets darker if you don't.. speaking as someone who knows

By *egoMan 2 weeks ago

Preston

I’m chronically lonely.

My past has broken me emotionally so bonding with someone is terribly difficult. At least through fab, i have made friends and we can cuddle etc without the attachment required.

This helps, but i feel nothing.

Newport

I have great mates who have really helped ..but you have to help yourself as well ..make the effort to go out see people and enjoy their company doesn't matter if male or female ..just go and see people..thats what I did .. otherwise I wouldn't leave the house and that just get darker and darker...lived in Malta for two years with no friend network..so bad ..beautiful island great weather but was just dieing inside

By *irtyDanish2.0Woman 2 weeks ago

somewhere

I experienced loneliness recently, doughnut and I went through a trial separation and I really found out who my close friends were, I spent night after night in my room or at work, hardly anyone contacted me through that time, unless they wanted something from me and when I declined I never heard from them again. Thing is my reasoning was they all had their own lives and what was going on on my life was a drop on the ocean but on the other hand, people tell you to keep in touch, you try doing that and it doesn't feel like you get much support, so I kinda locked myself away in the end as I didn't want to bother anyone.

By *eanR2023Man 2 weeks ago

Dublin

Loneliness is painful, and it’s quite common too. You can even feel lonely even when you have “people” around you, it is a good idea to find a group that have something in common with you for example a photography group or walking group.

We need in person connection even though it’s great to have online connections it’s physical connection we need to combat loneliness from research in this area.

There are online meet up groups that meet for coffee and chats, men’s sheds, hiking groups etc maybe try some out. You won’t be alone in the feeling the others in the group will understand how you feel that’s why they started up generally.

Newport

There they are not true friends sorry to say .. a good mate will always be there whatever happens

By *avinaTVTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

[Removed by poster at 17/04/24 20:37:07]

By *exbecs12Woman 2 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

I am happy in my own skin and no family just select good friends.

I work lone working..drives me nuts. Prefer human company.

Been single since a long time.

Watching that married at first sight most cheat.

I am not lonely have a pet. Human company can be smothering

By (user no longer on site) 1 week ago

Always lonely and have been for years.

By *rHotNottsMan 1 week ago

Cebu City

Yes, in the wrong relationships and when thousands of miles away from my people. Never when home & single.

I also get the opposite of lonely when there’s too many important friends & women in my life. Still figuring it out….

By *ong-leggedblondWoman 1 week ago

Next Door

Weekends can be lonely at times, especially during winter. Friends are usually doing things with partners/family.

Happy with my own company, but it would be nice to have more friends

By *oyoteUglyWoman 1 week ago

somewhere

I have very, very few close people in my life. But I like it that way, I like my own company. People can be over bearing and that just panics me.

By *reeneggsandsamMan 1 week ago

Perpignan and cap

I struggled with loneliness this January February and march. It's a difficult time for me with work but I came through. I'm just building up my social network now and I'm out and about more. Asking pretty girls on dates and penciling in social events.

By *oody BMan 1 week ago

Mcr. - The Gilded Palace of Sin

I’ve got some distractions to keep it from crippling me again. Loneliness is sad. I feel for anyone else who struggles, it’s not nice.

Celebrations are a difficult time for me. My birthday for example - which is some time in the next 12 months…

I could write loads, but I have to figure out how to live with it instead of trying to fix it, because nothing works for me.

By *9XAYNOR69Man 1 week ago

Centralised he/him/his From the land of haribos

Considering I grew up into a large family, the contract between siblings is zero.

I'm divorced parter and I remain friends & she remarried.

My daughter married last year and is living their life.

I knew that the dynamics would change.

I'm alone am I lonely I'd say it's both.

I continue to work full time, it's shifts predominantly lates. The job has significant barriers.

In my experience since lockdown people have got on with their lives and are looking after themselves.

I think I've accepted the situation being an older gay guy I can't really see the situation changing in my head I've said I don't want to be here. I just put the lid on the box and get on with it.

It's tough

By *itSurreyCoupleCouple 1 week ago

Reigate

I had awful loneliness in my early 20s. Even though it’s 20 years later, I’m married, children, some friends (but not many). That feeling has never left, I actually think it was so bad it damaged me a bit permanently.

Heavy for a Sunday morning.

By *ymbunny79Woman 1 week ago

sheerness

I can be surrounded by people and still feel incredibly lonely, I have been in some dark places and times when I have had to talk to myself just to see if my voice still works.

Loneliness never leaves me I just get breaks from it, I suppose being single for 14 years doesn’t help that

By (user no longer on site) 1 week ago

"I’ve got some distractions to keep it from crippling me again. Loneliness is sad. I feel for anyone else who struggles, it’s not nice.

Celebrations are a difficult time for me. My birthday for example - which is some time in the next 12 months…

I could write loads, but I have to figure out how to live with it instead of trying to fix it, because nothing works for me. "

This ^

By *rAitchMan 1 week ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I live alone, and have done for over 12 years. I know a lot of people, but have very few close friends. I like being aound people, and I work with one of my close friends - she has a great sense of humour and makes me laugh, lots.

But, I like nothing better at the end of the day to come home to the remoteness and seclusion of where I live offers me.

Am I lonely, though? No, I'm not. I enjoy my own company and never get bored.

By *ral-FanaticMan 1 week ago

Manchester

I feel more lonely now than I did during lockdown because everyone was in the same situation and being on my own wasn't anything to do with me. Also I have a lot of hobbies you can do on your own - reading, watching films, etc.

Now I feel worse because I could be seeing people, and other people are seeing people, but I rarely am. And I struggle to do anything about it.

By *iss.Bella.Woman 1 week ago

North Wales

I'm currently living with family until my move in the summer. I'm never alone but I feel lonely most of the time. Luckily, my daughter is a huge distraction. She's my whole little world

By *inxy777Woman 1 week ago

essex

I’m not alone, I have my kids, friends that all married, and now I rarely see. Some days it’s ok, some days it isn’t! Being on here, chatting to people makes it a little brighter x it’s ok not to be ok x.

» Add a new message to this topic