FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Costa

Costa

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arley Quim OP   Woman 2 weeks ago

Somewhere

Running late this morning. Treated myself to a hot chocolate at train station - mistakenly said 'sure' to the cream and marshmallow option... £4.90?!! Nearly had a heart attack on spot... Now sat on the train tipping the cream that didn't melt in, on to my face. Cos am I bollocks wasting it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky_couple2020Couple 2 weeks ago

North West

Costa has gone down in my estimation since it was taken into the Coca Cola company. They use vile Coca Cola brand soya milk with artificial sweetener and it's absolutely disgusting. No more lattes there

By *arley Quim OP   Woman 2 weeks ago

Somewhere

"Costa has gone down in my estimation since it was taken into the Coca Cola company. They use vile Coca Cola brand soya milk with artificial sweetener and it's absolutely disgusting. No more lattes there "

Aye, it wasn't even particularly chocolatey!... Should have gone to Greggs

By *ot to giggleWoman 2 weeks ago

Coventry

"Costa has gone down in my estimation since it was taken into the Coca Cola company. They use vile Coca Cola brand soya milk with artificial sweetener and it's absolutely disgusting. No more lattes there

Aye, it wasn't even particularly chocolatey!... Should have gone to Greggs "

oooh I love greggs coffee and Starbucks - Im not a big Costa fan although they do have a machine at the local shop and treat myself occassionally

By *ornycougaWoman 2 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat - Portugal

The coffee at the chains is shite. If I'm going to be r*bbed blind I prefer to go to an independent coffee shop - supporting local business and tastes like coffee rather than washing up dregs!

By *red333Man 2 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Running late this morning. Treated myself to a hot chocolate at train station - mistakenly said 'sure' to the cream and marshmallow option... £4.90?!! Nearly had a heart attack on spot... Now sat on the train tipping the cream that didn't melt in, on to my face. Cos am I bollocks wasting it "
lol

By *red333Man 2 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Running late this morning. Treated myself to a hot chocolate at train station - mistakenly said 'sure' to the cream and marshmallow option... £4.90?!! Nearly had a heart attack on spot... Now sat on the train tipping the cream that didn't melt in, on to my face. Cos am I bollocks wasting it "
£2 worth of cream

By *oeBeansMan 2 weeks ago

Derby

"The coffee at the chains is shite. If I'm going to be r*bbed blind I prefer to go to an independent coffee shop - supporting local business and tastes like coffee rather than washing up dregs! "

^ she knows!

By *obilebottomMan 2 weeks ago

All over

Good independent coffee shops always preffered though simetimes use costa forca coffee and some brown toast if in a hurry. I always tell them how to make it for me though as like it strong and not filled to top with water. They are happy to do that. Prices though have gone up and too much for a very mediocre cup of coffee

Derby

Costa is probably my favourite out of the big chains when I can't find a a good independent (they're surprisingly scarce in the metropolitan city that is Derby), but can never buy a flat white because it's the size of a fucking latte! The struggle is real

By *inky_couple2020Couple 2 weeks ago

North West

"The coffee at the chains is shite. If I'm going to be r*bbed blind I prefer to go to an independent coffee shop - supporting local business and tastes like coffee rather than washing up dregs! "

Unfortunately a lot of independent coffee shops are not wheelchair accessible. You can pretty much guarantee Starbucks, Costa are. The Northern Quarter in Manchester is full of allegedly brilliant coffee places, but it's inaccessible as hell.

By *viatrixWoman 2 weeks ago

Back in Gatwick!

I never used to take my own coffeebags/cup to work, etc…

I only drink black coffee- and I’m not paying £3.90 for it it is $8 in the US, $10 in NYC

So I take my Folger’s coffee bags (they’re as small as teabags) and my lil cup haha.

By *bi HaiveMan 2 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Top tip for Costa.

Take your own reusable cup (empty) and ask for four chocolate baby cinos for the imaginary children you've left outside.

Hey presto.

A large hot chocolate at half the price.

By *eroLondonMan 2 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Costa is probably my favourite out of the big chains when I can't find a a good independent (they're surprisingly scarce in the metropolitan city that is Derby), but can never buy a flat white because it's the size of a fucking latte! The struggle is real "

And this is why I detest Costa™ at every level — anyone who serves a Flat White in a pint-sized paper cup needs an edification on the fine årt of coffee. As far as chains go Caffé Nero™ is still my 'go to'.

Derby

"Costa is probably my favourite out of the big chains when I can't find a a good independent (they're surprisingly scarce in the metropolitan city that is Derby), but can never buy a flat white because it's the size of a fucking latte! The struggle is real

And this is why I detest Costa™ at every level — anyone who serves a Flat White in a pint-sized paper cup needs an edification on the fine årt of coffee. As far as chains go Caffé Nero™ is still my 'go to'."

Nero has grown on me a bit and hasn't been too bad. I do wish they knew how to pierce a second hole in their lids though so you can actually sip the coffee! Or is that just where I go?

By *obilebottomMan 2 weeks ago

All over

"Costa is probably my favourite out of the big chains when I can't find a a good independent (they're surprisingly scarce in the metropolitan city that is Derby), but can never buy a flat white because it's the size of a fucking latte! The struggle is real

And this is why I detest Costa™ at every level — anyone who serves a Flat White in a pint-sized paper cup needs an edification on the fine årt of coffee. As far as chains go Caffé Nero™ is still my 'go to'.

Nero has grown on me a bit and hasn't been too bad. I do wish they knew how to pierce a second hole in their lids though so you can actually sip the coffee! Or is that just where I go? "

They should also update their places and keep them clean and tidy. Used to like them but find most are not.

By *adgerMan 2 weeks ago

wirksworth

"Costa is probably my favourite out of the big chains when I can't find a a good independent (they're surprisingly scarce in the metropolitan city that is Derby), but can never buy a flat white because it's the size of a fucking latte! The struggle is real "

The metropolitan city that is Derby … almost wet myself!

By *adgerMan 2 weeks ago

wirksworth

Exactly!

» Add a new message to this topic