FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Baby Boomers

Baby Boomers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    2 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 23/04/24 15:49:56]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iddlesticksMan 2 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I don’t ask this in a mean spirited way but out of genuine curiosity for other peoples view. Is it just me or are the baby boomers the worst generation in modern history. I can’t think of an area or domain of life (ecological/ economical/ scientific/cultural/political) where they have made a significant breakthrough or paradigm shift. In fact the opposite seems the case."

That would suggest that rebuilding Europe after world war 2 was insignificant and that there was no cultural impact in the late 50s and 60s, but other than that you’re probably right.

By *naswingdressWoman 2 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's equally valid to say that millennials are all whiny children who've been spoiled by participation trophies and made insane by video games.

Generalisations are a bit shitty.

I agree. I didn’t mean it be harsh or judgmental and you may be right about millennials. I’m just curious as to why the west has been in malaise. Possibly we’re just victims of own success

By *icolerobbieCouple 2 weeks ago

walsall

Before I comment could someone tell me which one I am?

By *inky_couple2020Couple 2 weeks ago

North West

"Before I comment could someone tell me which one I am?"

You're Gen X. If your ages are vaguely correct

By *inky_couple2020Couple 2 weeks ago

North West

"I don’t ask this in a mean spirited way but out of genuine curiosity for other peoples view. Is it just me or are the baby boomers the worst generation in modern history. I can’t think of an area or domain of life (ecological/ economical/ scientific/cultural/political) where they have made a significant breakthrough or paradigm shift. In fact the opposite seems the case.

That would suggest that rebuilding Europe after world war 2 was insignificant and that there was no cultural impact in the late 50s and 60s, but other than that you’re probably right. "

Boomers invented the internet. And a bunch of other cool stuff. They just forget, like every generation before them, what it's like to be young and that generations after them do not have exactly the same experience and opportunity. Each cycle is different.

Elders have been trash talking younger generations since the beginning of time.

E.g.

Socrates (470–399 BC): "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

By *ild_oatsMan 2 weeks ago

the land of saints & sinners

Not wishing to bust your bubble but generationalism or gereration kinetics is bad science. It’s nothing more than a purely cultural construct as a way of pigeon holing groups of people in certain age groups.

Surprisingly enough governments like to use this.

Sorry if anyone was insulted by my post. I have never used the forum until today and now I can’t seem to stop. As it happens I love older people. My parents are older people as a matter of fact.

By *naswingdressWoman 2 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Sorry if anyone was insulted by my post. I have never used the forum until today and now I can’t seem to stop. As it happens I love older people. My parents are older people as a matter of fact."

This is pretty easy going. I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy the bun fights (but don't actually try to provoke them )

By *aters139Man 2 weeks ago

Sheffield

"I think it's equally valid to say that millennials are all whiny children who've been spoiled by participation trophies and made insane by video games.

Generalisations are a bit shitty."

You are a millennials......same as me...I definitely didn't receive any participation trophy...all I got was a smack for 'something to cry about'..

» Add a new message to this topic