FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > King Charles biscuits

King Charles biscuits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

midlands

Noticed 300g tin of Shortbread biscuits in Selfridges for £14.

Iceland sells 300g biscuits for under £2.

It's not like he makes them himself, what's with the crazy mark up and who buys them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adgerMan 3 weeks ago

york

Camilla?

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

"Noticed 300g tin of Shortbread biscuits in Selfridges for £14.

Iceland sells 300g biscuits for under £2.

It's not like he makes them himself, what's with the crazy mark up and who buys them?"

Ooh crumbs ..not me

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

"Camilla? "

Yes,she stole the crown jewels why not the shortbread

By *offiaCoolWoman 3 weeks ago

Kidsgrove

It's no different to biscuits with Harrods on the tin. It's marketing.

By *arla SwingerWoman 3 weeks ago

Somewhere

I can buy a 8 individual chocolates from Hotel Chocolat for 9.95, or I can buy a big bar of dairy milk for 1.70. It's freedom of choice

By *ust JuicyWoman 3 weeks ago

east london

Prefer F&M biscuits

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

midlands

"I can buy a 8 individual chocolates from Hotel Chocolat for 9.95, or I can buy a big bar of dairy milk for 1.70. It's freedom of choice "

There is a difference in taste and quality regarding the chocolates you mention, we are just talking about normal Shortbread biscuits with his face on the tin.

By *eroLondonMan 3 weeks ago

Mayfair

The biscuits are made by Walker's Shortbread in Scotland and not by the King himself (or at Highgrove or Duchy Organics or whatever). His name and image is simply emblazoned on the tin, which happens to be a limited edition collectors tin, and therefore only a small proportion of any money would be benefitting him - or perhaps, more likely, The Prince's Trust (or similar charity).

Walker's are a family business, using local ingredients, highly quality pure butter, sustainable methods in small batch manufacturing...

Iceland are everywhere, Selfridge's are not. The former can bulk buy to achieve lower RRP costs, the latter cannot.

Taking everything into account I would pay £14.99 for that tin, perhaps as a gift for someone or just a rare treat for myself. If Iceland can sell 'proper shortbread' for under £2 I would question what on earth they put into those for that 'quality'. In any case you can get authentic Walker's Shortbread at Waitrose for under £2 as well.

By *arla SwingerWoman 3 weeks ago

Somewhere

"I can buy a 8 individual chocolates from Hotel Chocolat for 9.95, or I can buy a big bar of dairy milk for 1.70. It's freedom of choice

There is a difference in taste and quality regarding the chocolates you mention, we are just talking about normal Shortbread biscuits with his face on the tin."

Aren't these the Coronation tin? In which case I'm sure collectors will be happy to pay for them, the same as they would a mug, or commerative coin... Tourism fodder too. It's good business

By *agnar73Man 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

"The biscuits are made by Walker's Shortbread in Scotland and not by the King himself (or at Highgrove or Duchy Organics or whatever). His name and image is simply emblazoned on the tin, which happens to be a limited edition collectors tin, and therefore only a small proportion of any money would be benefitting him - or perhaps, more likely, The Prince's Trust (or similar charity).

Walker's are a family business, using local ingredients, highly quality pure butter, sustainable methods in small batch manufacturing...

Iceland are everywhere, Selfridge's are not. The former can bulk buy to achieve lower RRP costs, the latter cannot.

Taking everything into account I would pay £14.99 for that tin, perhaps as a gift for someone or just a rare treat for myself. If Iceland can sell 'proper shortbread' for under £2 I would question what on earth they put into those for that 'quality'. In any case you can get authentic Walker's Shortbread at Waitrose for under £2 as well."

Paying £12 for a tin. It’s for tourists/royal fans

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 3 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

If there is a market for them at that price, then why not charge it.

By *JB1954Man 3 weeks ago

Reading

Is this the same as any brand type name. Clothing , food etc.

I sometimes buy from my local farm shop large cakes . These are higher priced than say supermarket brands. Find these are better quality than my local superstore .

Plus as others have said these are most probably limited edition gift type tin , with standard biscuits inside.

» Add a new message to this topic