Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

just announced.....

Rage against the Machine is number 1

off to walk my dogs now xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

It was obviously going to be a tight run thing this year, would have thought the X Factor winner would be there, but personally would have preferred Peter Kay, lol xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"just announced.....

off to walk my dogs now xxx"

This brings a wry smile to my face

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Rages hit single is a cracking tune and as a rock chick, its not before time

But I do like the silly christmas tunes

horay three cheers and all that lol

thankyou we havent got an x factor no 1

sorry if i have upset anyone

Couldn't really give a toss either way tbh ... The charts have been rigged for years anyway.

"just announced.....

off to walk my dogs now xxx

This brings a wry smile to my face "

good man,knew I could rely on you sir.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Couldn't really give a toss either way tbh ... The charts have been rigged for years anyway. "

Same here, funny thing is some people think this is all new because of the xfactor lol

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

I wanted the muppets to be number one

Regards

Harry Jones

LOVE IT!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I wanted the muppets to be number one

Regards

Harry Jones"

Where you beenxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You havent seen my dining room since its been decorated

anything that keeps anything to do with X factor off number one is good by me

maybe they will take the hint and stop doing the stupid show now

i like festive no. 1s ..... what happened to Shaky Stevens and Slade!!!!!

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

"anything that keeps anything to do with X factor off number one is good by me

maybe they will take the hint and stop doing the stupid show now "

Agree! Or maybe pigs will fly - it's a nice little earner for that pillock Cowell and his cronies.

And maybe that smug prat will get a decent haircut too... reminds us of a bogbrush

"anything that keeps anything to do with X factor off number one is good by me

maybe they will take the hint and stop doing the stupid show now

Agree! Or maybe pigs will fly - it's a nice little earner for that pillock Cowell and his cronies.

And maybe that smug prat will get a decent haircut too... reminds us of a bogbrush "

"just announced.....

off to walk my dogs now xxx"

Sorry old friend...but am a bit of a closet rocker......well in closet now...since my hair started falling out and receding.....so.....

YAAAAAAY......have even been back to the yellow submarine that is my house to dig out my RATM CD

oh.....by the way.....am back

no coincidence that they are both signed to sony????

i feel a little conspiracy going on??

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

"I wanted the muppets to be number one

Regards

Harry Jones

Where you beenxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You havent seen my dining room since its been decorated "

Well invite me over to see it then. Would be lovely to catch up xxxxxxxxxxx

Regards

Harry Jones

By *ama bamaMan  over a year ago

dalkeith

so you all have rage against the machine albums then or just bought it because of the campain well what there song about a bullet then and dont goggle it

Didnt realise charts really worked any longer anyway lol lol ah well all for charity

"so you all have rage against the machine albums then or just bought it because of the campain well what there song about a bullet then and dont goggle it

"

i have all their albums and have seen them live a cpl times, didnt download the song tho as i already have it lol

dalkeith

"so you all have rage against the machine albums then or just bought it because of the campain well what there song about a bullet then and dont goggle it

i have all their albums and have seen them live a cpl times, didnt download the song tho as i already have it lol"

a true fan so whats the song about a bullet called

[Removed by poster at 22/12/09 03:03:46]

Bullet in the head?

its off the self titled album

dalkeith

"Bullet in the head?

its off the self titled album"

whats the song then

dalkeith

"Bullet in the head?

its off the self titled albumwhats the song then"

yeah there best song ever

"Bullet in the head?

its off the self titled album

whats the song then"

dont understand what you mean by whats the song, thats the titles of the song???

I just watched RATM on youtube in it's entirety for the first time and have to say what a complete load of bollocks it is. What makes me laugh the most about it though is that this is supposed to be an anti-govt anthem song yet it's available for sale, which puts the profits straight into both the corporate Sony label and the band member's pockets. That's a very radical idea isn't it - let's get rich by conning the public into thinking we're with them.

Anyone who has bought this 'protest' record to halt Messrs Cowell & Walsh in their tracks have been well and truly mugged. RATM could have made the song freely available for download from their website but to do so would have disqualified it from getting the No.1 slot - which is sales driven.

On a final thought: Would ANY anti-govt band/performer want ANY material released by them to feature on ANY offical chart listing knowing full well that to be included in a recognised chart listing one has to achieve a certain level of sales?

Sales = corporational co-operation

"I just watched RATM on youtube in it's entirety for the first time and have to say what a complete load of bollocks it is. What makes me laugh the most about it though is that this is supposed to be an anti-govt anthem song yet it's available for sale, which puts the profits straight into both the corporate Sony label and the band member's pockets. That's a very radical idea isn't it - let's get rich by conning the public into thinking we're with them.

Anyone who has bought this 'protest' record to halt Messrs Cowell & Walsh in their tracks have been well and truly mugged. RATM could have made the song freely available for download from their website but to do so would have disqualified it from getting the No.1 slot - which is sales driven.

On a final thought: Would ANY anti-govt band/performer want ANY material released by them to feature on ANY offical chart listing knowing full well that to be included in a recognised chart listing one has to achieve a certain level of sales?

Sales = corporational co-operation "

The song you speak of is actually an anti racism song, against the racism that is said to go on throughout the American police force, so really your argument doesn't truly stand, and YES I am very happy such a song makes number one.

also the protest was against this McDonald's pop that so dominates the charts, not against the institution, so although I see your point, again it's not really that valid.

a load of bollox?, all comes down to opinion, and if you don't get it then you like anyone is entitled to that opinion.

RATM are red hot live, even after their separation for a some time.

oh and to add Wishy, RATM have announced they will play a free gig in the UK due to them being made Christmas number 1.

"Bullet in the head?

its off the self titled albumwhats the song then"

What has any other song by RATM got to do with the one currently at number one?, it's the singles charts, not album charts, people buy singles usually because they like that one song, not because they like every song the artist has done, which is why the singles charts don't stand as strong as the album charts IMO.

"oh and to add Wishy, RATM have announced they will play a free gig in the UK due to them being made Christmas number 1. "

That's very big of them. How many of the 500,000+ that bought the song will get to see the gig?

But it's ok, they'll announce more gigs so everyone can see them... at £30 a ticket!

Protest band my arse. Pure capitalism, plain as the egg on their faces.

"oh and to add Wishy, RATM have announced they will play a free gig in the UK due to them being made Christmas number 1.

That's very big of them. How many of the 500,000+ that bought the song will get to see the gig?

But it's ok, they'll announce more gigs so everyone can see them... at £30 a ticket!

Protest band my arse. Pure capitalism, plain as the egg on their faces."

If you wish to believe that, then do.

I'm glad that the sickly cut to shape manufactured pop of the simon cowell cut didn't make number one at christmas, this is what the protest is about, and started not by RATM.

you a Joe or Cowell fan Wishy?. .

I don't think Joe or any of simon cowells plastic artists would have played a free gig if they reached number one, basically, it doesn't matter what RATM do, you wont be happy and will find fault just like myself with simon cowell and the plastic pollution he places in the charts.

"oh and to add Wishy, RATM have announced they will play a free gig in the UK due to them being made Christmas number 1.

I'm glad that the sickly cut to shape manufactured pop of the simon cowell cut didn't make number one at christmas, this is what the protest is about, and started not by RATM.

I don't think Joe or any of simon cowells plastic artists would have played a free gig if they reached number one, basically, it doesn't matter what RATM do, you wont be happy and will find fault just like myself with simon cowell and the plastic pollution he places in the charts."

Why should any artist play a free gig? You go out to work for a living don't you, are you going to offer your boss a free day's work? Are you hell as like!

Joe has got a great voice, seems like a very likeable young man and he's done something with his life instead of hanging around on a street corner wearing a hoodie and mugging any passer by that happens along. Why do you resent him for being successful? Why do you resent Simon Cowell for being successful? That's just so fookin British. Peg back the successful and promote the lazy, inept and weak.

Simon Cowell is a British man being successful in all corners of the globe. We should knight him, not blight him.

I don't think Joe or any of simon cowells plastic artists would have played a free gig if they reached number one, basically, it doesn't matter what RATM do, you wont be happy and will find fault just like myself with simon cowell and the plastic pollution he places in the charts.

Why should any artist play a free gig? You go out to work for a living don't you, are you going to offer your boss a free day's work? Are you hell as like!

Joe has got a great voice, seems like a very likeable young man and he's done something with his life instead of hanging around on a street corner wearing a hoodie and mugging any passer by that happens along. Why do you resent him for being successful? Why do you resent Simon Cowell for being successful? That's just so fookin British. Peg back the successful and promote the lazy, inept and weak.

Simon Cowell is a British man being successful in all corners of the globe. We should knight him, not blight him."

It's ok Wishy, you don't get it, that's fine.

you are the one that suggested RATM should offer their music for free, I expressed they are offering a free gig, you scoffed at that, your argument now has fallen flat as you are contradicting yourself.

I resent the cut and shape shite that these big companies offer us, Joe took a chance on a TV channel, hardly put in all the hard work you speak of that RATM have to get where they are, so again your point is stale.

Simon Cowell knows how to manipulate the public, like Jordan, that's what I don't like, that people look up to these manipulative rich people, not a good example IMO.

Rage against the Machine have been one of my favourite bands for a long time. Regardless of what some members of this site think or believe they have been a protest band since they formed and write about the issues that are important. I for one am glad they got to number one in the charts because i'm sick and tired of people like Simon Cowell, spoon feeding talentless, fabricated crap to the masses every year, while at the same time destroying and ripping the heart out of real music.

And the majority of the takings from the sale of 'Killing in the Name' is being donated to the charity shelter and the band have also asked any supporters of the talentless X Factor guy to donate too, instead of splashing money on Simon Cowells new poster boy and making him even richer.

Well done Rage!

people can hardly describe some of the contestants on the xfactor as talentless ...... leona is clearly a very talented girl, with joe a great voice and yet to fully mature, I for one wish him well..... alexandra burke, jls..... now yu may not like their music , but come on... they have talent. Because you dont like the show or simon cowell, no need to belittle the contestants just trying to make a living, better themselves , pay taxes in the UK, support the record industry that creates jobs and contributes to the UK economy......

now rage are donating monies to shelter and well done to them..

simon is a businessman , nothing more , nothing less.... same as all the other businessmen and women of the UK.. providing a service and making a profit... and paying taxes... lots of them.

why in britain do we build people up and then knock them down..

stacy a single mum trying to give her kid a better life rather than live on handouts like manay many others that are often bitched about in here as scroungers.

my 2p worth .

Hear! Hear! ... Some, it seems, prefer the grime encrusted long haired, tatty jumper wearing anarchists who offer no real alternatives to the so called problems about which they spout. They always have so much to say about just about anything to do with officialdom and yet have fuck all to say about what we should replace them with except free lager and guaranteed sex, fucking tree huggers.

I'll happily continue to lob empty champagne bottles out of the open window of my porsche at stupid sandal wearing 'eco-warriors' and laugh gleefully as I drive off getting a BJ from Miss fookin Darlington.

"Hear! Hear! ... Some, it seems, prefer the grime encrusted long haired, tatty jumper wearing anarchists who offer no real alternatives to the so called problems about which they spout. They always have so much to say about just about anything to do with officialdom and yet have fuck all to say about what we should replace them with except free lager and guaranteed sex, fucking tree huggers.

I'll happily continue to lob empty champagne bottles out of the open window of my porsche at stupid sandal wearing 'eco-warriors' and laugh gleefully as I drive off getting a BJ from Miss fookin Darlington. "

What a pathetic and insulting view you have. These so called grime encrusted, long haired, tatty jumper wearing anarchists have done more to help this planet and the people in it than people with your selfish attitude have ever done.

And don't lob champagne bottles from your Porsche as it's an offence to drink and drive and drop litter.

"Hear! Hear! ... Some, it seems, prefer the grime encrusted long haired, tatty jumper wearing anarchists who offer no real alternatives to the so called problems about which they spout. They always have so much to say about just about anything to do with officialdom and yet have fuck all to say about what we should replace them with except free lager and guaranteed sex, fucking tree huggers.

I'll happily continue to lob empty champagne bottles out of the open window of my porsche at stupid sandal wearing 'eco-warriors' and laugh gleefully as I drive off getting a BJ from Miss fookin Darlington.

What a pathetic and insulting view you have. These so called grime encrusted, long haired, tatty jumper wearing anarchists have done more to help this planet and the people in it than people with your selfish attitude have ever done.

And don't lob champagne bottles from your Porsche as it's an offence to drink and drive and drop litter. "

What a load of tosh! they are the social scroungers who bleed the country and contribute nothing. Leeches on society they are.

And don't lob champagne bottles from your Porsche as it's an offence to drink and drive and drop litter.

What a load of tosh! they are the social scroungers who bleed the country and contribute nothing. Leeches on society they are."

Well i'm one of them and work....my friends are these people too and all work...so where do you get your information from? The tabloid newspapers which contain no truth whatsoever?

Cant you just feel the forums awash with Xmas spirit ,

"These so called grime encrusted, long haired, tatty jumper wearing anarchists have done more to help this planet and the people in it than people with your selfish attitude have ever done.

"

some have......... many haven't..

often students who think its cool to protest, smash windows, vandalise cars on marches, burn others property, throw missiles at the police endangering lives.. bleat when they police are heavy handed..

then graduate..

and before yu know it they are on the corporate ladder thro graduation schemes in bluechip companies...

progress, become CEO's, have a 5 bed, 3 bathroom house and reflect on their students days as ' such a hoot we had '......

as an ex director of contact centres for a bluechip.. who employed students on mass across the UK... I speak from experience.

but not them all.. some stay committed to their cause and canvas legally and respectfully and I applaud them.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Cant you just feel the forums awash with Xmas spirit ,

"

hehehehehehehehehehe fancy a glass of mulled wine while we watch????

"These so called grime encrusted, long haired, tatty jumper wearing anarchists have done more to help this planet and the people in it than people with your selfish attitude have ever done.

some have......... many haven't..

often students who think its cool to protest, smash windows, vandalise cars on marches, burn others property, throw missiles at the police endangering lives.. bleat when they police are heavy handed..

then graduate..

and before yu know it they are on the corporate ladder thro graduation schemes in bluechip companies...

progress, become CEO's, have a 5 bed, 3 bathroom house and reflect on their students days as ' such a hoot we had '......

as an ex director of contact centres for a bluechip.. who employed students on mass across the UK... I speak from experience.

but not them all.. some stay committed to their cause and canvas legally and respectfully and I applaud them. "

I understand entirely what you mean. I don't count the majority students who think it's right on and only protest to get an image. Though lots are genuine and take an interest in world affairs right up to the day they die.

Some people get sucked right in to the false image of what a protestor is and the tabloid papers never show the thousands of everyday people, elderly or kids who are on a march as they prefer to show a few idiots who are often othing to do with the protest at all. Well it sells papers doesn't it!

Wishy makes me chuckle.

View I see where you are coming from, and agree to a point, but for every pretty face linked with a pretty voice there is some serious talent out there struggling to get noticed because of this cut to shape plastic spokesperson recycled type of pop music, trying hard to bring up children the best way one can is not a ticket to stardom, there are a lot of people worldwide doing the same thing, should they all be propelled to stardom?.

regardless of how talented these people are, we will never truly know because they will go on singing other people words trying to convince us they feel those words, this is what I despise, and in the meantime those with more talent, enough to write their own words, put together their own song, sing it and play instruments get overlooked, those too are british tax payers.

I simply want the best music and artists to have a chance, whilst society is being spoon fed this bile we miss out on the real stuff.

just to add...

RATM did not start this campaign, so like Joe should not be disrespected for it, funny though how some throw insults to them but not Joe, ferkin hypocritical contradictory gits.

What a load of tosh! they are the social scroungers who bleed the country and contribute nothing. Leeches on society they are.

Well i'm one of them and work....my friends are these people too and all work...so where do you get your information from? The tabloid newspapers which contain no truth whatsoever?"

Guess you will grow up eventually and see the light like most of the unwashed.

The rest of us are fed up of the unwashed screaming on non signing on days.

Well i'm one of them and work....my friends are these people too and all work...so where do you get your information from? The tabloid newspapers which contain no truth whatsoever?"

oh of course, the tabloids, when it's in their favour people will quote the tabloids as fact, when it's weighed against them the tabloids shouldn't be believed.

Well i'm one of them and work....my friends are these people too and all work...so where do you get your information from? The tabloid newspapers which contain no truth whatsoever?

The rest of us are fed up of the unwashed screaming on non signing on days. "

and the other rest are sick of the numpty views by the holier than thou brigade.

I too know some campaigners, and most have them have very good and very well paid jobs, that's a fact not speculation.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

dont know much about rage against the machine.one thing i do know is, in ten years, these so called anarchists.will be jumping at any advert on offer.most of them are hypocritical pricks.at least the x factor winner,isnt trying to pull the wool over any bodies eyes.the gullable and the stupid,come to mind.

YAWN!

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Well said mate too many of these unwashed bleeding hearts! Bloody nightmare if we get any more of them.

"dont know much about rage against the machine.one thing i do know is, in ten years, these so called anarchists.will be jumping at any advert on offer.most of them are hypocritical pricks.at least the x factor winner,isnt trying to pull the wool over any bodies eyes.the gullable and the stupid,come to mind."

Well Rage have been going nearly 19 years and never 'sold out' and neither has my fave band The Levellers who have been around just as long. Not everyone lives their lives in such a cynical and selfish way. Some people do actually care and try to make a difference and not live their lives around a bank balance. Some bands do change; just look at the Sex Pistols and an advert for butter!

The X Factor is a show where everything is controlled and fixed and is there to make people alot of money, so could we not say the people who ring in and vote are guillable and stupid?

What a pathetic and insulting view you have. These so called grime encrusted, long haired, tatty jumper wearing anarchists have done more to help this planet and the people in it than people with your selfish attitude have ever done. "

Ok, so I don't jump on the 'lets save the planet' bandwagon because I see it for what it is - a fucking great big con. This planet don't need helping, it's survived just fine for the past god knows how many years and it will be here for a few billion more too, by which time we'll have evolved into 12' tall translucent beings with x-ray eyes and fucked off to live on another planet somewhere. A few deluded tree huggers ain't gonna change a thing.
"

And don't lob champagne bottles from your Porsche as it's an offence to drink and drive and drop litter. "

I love it when they bite hehehe ..

Merry Christmas btw... Jesus Says: "Eat Dolphins - they taste Grrrreat!"

"dont know much about rage against the machine.one thing i do know is, in ten years, these so called anarchists.will be jumping at any advert on offer.most of them are hypocritical pricks.at least the x factor winner,isnt trying to pull the wool over any bodies eyes.the gullable and the stupid,come to mind."

Think your spot on, they all shout and scream till they have money in pocket and then its "not in my back yard" as they realise the Man was right in the first place

"Ok, so I don't jump on the 'lets save the planet' bandwagon because I see it for what it is - a fucking great big con. This planet don't need helping, it's survived just fine for the past god knows how many years and it will be here for a few billion more too, by which time we'll have evolved into 12' tall translucent beings with x-ray eyes and fucked off to live on another planet somewhere. A few deluded tree huggers ain't gonna change a thing. "

A few deluded tree huggers and most of the worlds scientific community...you know...the people who actually know the facts. It's sad to see people who have such little respect for the planet and other life on it. Yeah, the planet will be around for a long time...though with people who think like you i'm sure mankind will be long dead.

Ok, so I don't jump on the 'lets save the planet' bandwagon because I see it for what it is - a fucking great big con. This planet don't need helping, it's survived just fine for the past god knows how many years and it will be here for a few billion more too, by which time we'll have evolved into 12' tall translucent beings with x-ray eyes and fucked off to live on another planet somewhere. A few deluded tree huggers ain't gonna change a thing.

I love it when they bite hehehe ..

Merry Christmas btw... Jesus Says: "Eat Dolphins - they taste Grrrreat!"

"

Oooo you bad bad man lmao

You have to forgive them as some are in unfulfilling jobs that don’t really meet there financial and long term aspirations in life. Will be less of a problem as the soft jobs will disappear as public funding is reduced to the essentials and the tree huggers have to get a real job.

"A few deluded tree huggers and most of the worlds scientific community...you know...the people who actually know the facts. "

Would these be the same scientists that are now saying, "Er, we may have erred a bit with this global warming malarky, we now think the world is cooling down a tad."... would that be the ones?

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"A few deluded tree huggers and most of the worlds scientific community...you know...the people who actually know the facts.

Would these be the same scientists that are now saying, "Er, we may have erred a bit with this global warming malarky, we now think the world is cooling down a tad."... would that be the ones? "

scientists change thier minds every couple of years.im waiting for them to give some good news,before i start believing them again.for the tree huggers.leave those frigging trees alone.they probably dont like yous either.

» Add a new message to this topic