FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The 'Millie's'

The 'Millie's'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adchick OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cyprus

Am I the only one who has just sat and watched the Sun Military Awards and sobbed my heart out all the way through it?

Or is it just cus I work with the front line military?

**Maddie...... apologising for being a soppy old trollop**

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I thought it was on next Sunday...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Am I the only one who has just sat and watched the Sun Military Awards and sobbed my heart out all the way through it?

**Maddie...... apologising for being a soppy old trollop**"

I can't watch it, as I know I too will cry my eyes out!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Am I the only one who has just sat and watched the Sun Military Awards and sobbed my heart out all the way through it?

**Maddie...... apologising for being a soppy old trollop**"

wow what a programme, sobbed out too

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I just bawled my eyes out again lol. Have to say im not much of a roylist but harry is an absolute gem hes so genuinely involed.

By *adchick OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"I just bawled my eyes out again lol. Have to say im not much of a roylist but harry is an absolute gem hes so genuinely involed."

He's a true gent........ the way he held those mothers made me cry even worse.

[Removed by poster at 22/12/09 01:53:34]

By SammiandBilly Couple (MF) just this minute!

Blackpool

Gonna cause a full scale riot here i know! but before anyone gets on their high horse its just my personal opinion which i believe i'm entitled to..

I'm sick sore an tired hereing about the armed forces and what they're doing in the name of "0ur" country but its NOT our war and never was!

what about our firemen an women who put their lives on the line every day to try and save lives in "our" country where is their praise and honours? maybe i'm just bigoted being an ex fire fighter! but it just annoys me that they don't get any credit but do just the same service if not more than the armed services in Afghanistan or any other country that has f**k all to do with us!

Billy

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

" By SammiandBilly Couple (MF) just this minute!

Blackpool

Gonna cause a full scale riot here i know! but before anyone gets on their high horse its just my personal opinion which i believe i'm entitled to..

I'm sick sore an tired hereing about the armed forces and what they're doing in the name of "0ur" country but its NOT our war and never was!

what about our firemen an women who put their lives on the line every day to try and save lives in "our" country where is their praise and honours? maybe i'm just bigoted being an ex fire fighter! but it just annoys me that they don't get any credit but do just the same service if not more than the armed services in Afghanistan or any other country that has f**k all to do with us!

Billy "

My dad was a fireman for thirty odd years and received a number of awards/commendations for bravery, as did my brother. I never heard either of them grousing about lack of recognition for what they did.

While I don't neccessarily agree with our armed forces being in Afghanistan, I certainly am not sick of hearing about the bravery of our troops.

I didnt watch it as I knew would be upsetting..

total respect to the armed services tho........ they deserve more from the country.

best wishes to all of them xx

Blackpool

Billy "

To a certain extent I fully agree.

They decide to do the job so they take all the risks involved.

What other industry do you get all this coverage just for doing your job???

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

Never underestimate the lengths The Sun will go to to boost circulation.

BTW. Whit the fuck was thon cunt fae X Factor daein' on the show??????????

Blackpool

Billy "

Billy,

I have been a serviceman for the last 35 years with more to come and I take this from your post

"bigoted being an ex fire fighter!"

I will run out of fingers if I try to remember all the times brave colleagues of mine have stepped into the breach while you lot were on the picket line whining about not being able to hold down 2 full time jobs as well as your fireman duties.

Perhaps that's more the cause of your ire than anything else.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

Blackpool

Billy "

Billy

While i acknowledge that firemen do a great job there is no way you can equate the risk being faced by front line troops to the risk fireservice personal face,the statistical data just does not support it.

Just the psychological effect of front line warfare is enough to elevate these people doing there duty into a different league and as a country we have to be behind them as they did not have a choice but to go,whether they felt it the right decision or not.

I hate to bring in statistics when discussing brave people and i no way deny the emergency services there due. However,in my oppinion you can not draw a parralel with front line personal where every step on patrol might be their last it is simply a more intense and contant risk.

The fireservice fatality statistics are on the brigade site .

Blackpool

Billy

Billy,

I have been a serviceman for the last 35 years with more to come and I take this from your post

"bigoted being an ex fire fighter!"

I will run out of fingers if I try to remember all the times brave colleagues of mine have stepped into the breach while you lot were on the picket line whining about not being able to hold down 2 full time jobs as well as your fireman duties.

Perhaps that's more the cause of your ire than anything else.

"

as stated before was just my opinion but as someone else so kindly pointed out in this forum To a certain extent I fully agree.

They (armed forces) decide to do the job so they take all the risks involved.

What other industry do you get all this coverage just for doing your job??? but i'm not gonna get into a slagging match over it.. its christmas

Forum Mod

O o O oo

" By SammiandBilly Couple (MF)

What other industry do you get all this coverage just for doing your job??? but i'm not gonna get into a slagging match over it.. its christmas "

Most jobs don't have people coming home in body bags

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

What other industry do you get all this coverage just for doing your job??? but i'm not gonna get into a slagging match over it.. its christmas

Most jobs don't have people coming home in body bags "

good point and think of there familys

I have a lovely male friend who is a fire chief in Kabul, the fire service run similar risks daily supporting our troops out there. Every person serving their fellow countrymen is a hero in my book, irrespective of which uniform they wear. xxx

I would never place more importance on anyone that puts their lives on the line for people they dont know, they all deserve respect.

I could never be in the military, but I'm glad some can.

I could never be a fireman, but I'm glad some can.

I could never be ambulance crew but I'm glad some can.

I could never be in the police but I'm glad some can.

I could never be a doctor/nurse but I'm glad some can.

There are many many jobs I could not do, but I am glad there are people who can, and all of those deserve the utmost respect.

I could never be a traffic warden ----- thats all

But thats a risk they take when they sign up.

I'm a driver, I could come home in a body bag, granted far less likely but still even a small chance, how much press coverage would I get????

3 more had the utmost respect paid to them as the people of Wooten Bassett, reflecting pretty much the feeling of most of the country once more stood in silence as they passed through the town.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Most jobs don't have people coming home in body bags

3 more had the utmost respect paid to them as the people of Wooten Bassett, reflecting pretty much the feeling of most of the country once more stood in silence as they passed through the town."

And how sad it makes most of us to see that. And for every one poor lad in a coffin, there are so it seems a few maimed in the process.

My hubby joined the RAF many years ago , as a child himself he was tempted by the lifestyle, the travel, the job he was about to do.

Yes he signed up also knowing he may be used in a war, and no doubt all of those signed up now know there is going to be risks.........but lets be honest, there are more risks doing your job with bombs and bullets whistling around your head than driving a van.

No one is saying whatever you do in life is as safe as houses, but what they do over there for their pennies is a damn site more dangerous.

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Blackpool

Billy My dad was a fireman for thirty odd years and received a number of awards/commendations for bravery, as did my brother. I never heard either of them grousing about lack of recognition for what they did.

While I don't neccessarily agree with our armed forces being in Afghanistan, I certainly am not sick of hearing about the bravery of our troops."

Most definitely agree with you there Chezza!

By *irral_coupleCouple  over a year ago

wirral

Our son is in he army and due to go to afgan very soon, as a selfish parent we dont want him to go, but he wants to as "thats his job" and we are 1000% behind him

You do not have to agree with the war, (as we dont either) BUT we all do have to support the people that are out there doing dangerous jobs - if you had family members out there then maybe peoples opinions would differ

» Add a new message to this topic