FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > CRAPPY SHIFTS OVER XMAS

CRAPPY SHIFTS OVER XMAS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

well i start the first of seven x 12 hour shifts in the next eight days tonight ,, ( 4 night shifts .3 day shifts ) any one here got a worse hand than that ????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * 4 fun bCouple  over a year ago

b,ham

all the troops in afghanistan.or any other trouble spots may qualify ,mwah

"all the troops in afghanistan.or any other trouble spots may qualify ,mwah"
very true ,, i spent 5 years in the royal marines ,,,, but i dont think many out there haver the fun of our forum

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yup think of the army overseas, god bless our boys.

We have a better shift than you.

We start work at 10am tomorrow morning, Christmas Eve and work through until the shift ends at 12midday on Boxing day, a total non stop shift of 50 hours.

We are really looking forward to it, it's going to be great fun.

Our job is to be the "security" at Chameleons during the only time of the year it is closed. Which means we stay in the clubs best hotel room, have full use of club facilities, jacuzzi, sunbeds, sauna, steam room, cinema (for watching our xmas pressie DVD's on) and attend the Staff Xmas Party held in the club behind closed doors on Xmas Eve.

It's bad but someone has to do it.

And the wages are good too

wow they are tough shifts..

hope you get some time to enjoy xmas.

well my self and two others have 4,500 bedrooms to look after with just a couple of hundred occupied ,,, no gym , no sauna, no forty winks , and deffo no nookie oh and the microwaves on the blink ,,, but hey ho ,,, could be dressed up in red with 22 million homes to visit in 8 hours ,, keep up the good work santa

I've had to suffer being off for almost 2 weeks already and then the pain of not returning to work until 6th Jan

Life's tough at the moment, but I'll cope somehow

"well i start the first of seven x 12 hour shifts in the next eight days tonight ,, ( 4 night shifts .3 day shifts ) any one here got a worse hand than that ????"

You whining git! Every person on here who caters for partners , family and children have bigger shifts than that.

Don't even count the planning that's gone on all year or the saving or the buying. My Xmas shift started a couple of hours ago when I prepared a meal for those who turn up tonight. Then from tomorrow I get a slow drip until everyone is here round about the 26th 27th. They go in time for New Year and I feel like i've been a 24/7 hotel for over a week. AND im exhausted before the shift starts cos ive been stripping and making beds and doing more food shopping than a lorry canhandle and Im dead when it's finished. So .... yeah ... eveyone who does for families.

First = Santa has all the time he needs to deliver presents to every home on earth, he has the ability to freeze time and that's exactly what he does on Christmas Eve.

All those bedrooms and 1 microwave, your kidding me, we have only 4 bedrooms for our guests and we have 4 microwaves in the kitchen, 3 toasters, 2 kettles, 2 croissant heaters, 1 egg boiling machine, a griddle plate, 4 gas hobs, a hostess trolley and the oven ?

"well i start the first of seven x 12 hour shifts in the next eight days tonight ,, ( 4 night shifts .3 day shifts ) any one here got a worse hand than that ????

You whining git! Every person on here who caters for partners , family and children have bigger shifts than that.

Don't even count the planning that's gone on all year or the saving or the buying. My Xmas shift started a couple of hours ago when I prepared a meal for those who turn up tonight. Then from tomorrow I get a slow drip until everyone is here round about the 26th 27th. They go in time for New Year and I feel like i've been a 24/7 hotel for over a week. AND im exhausted before the shift starts cos ive been stripping and making beds and doing more food shopping than a lorry canhandle and Im dead when it's finished. So .... yeah ... eveyone who does for families. "

yep ,,, i too have family staying ,,, my great uncle scrooge arrives tonight and is staying till august

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Katee is a nurse and is working a 12 hour shift xmas day, a 12 hour shift boxing day, 8 hour shift on sunday and a 12 hour shift on monday, then same again for new year.

Don't come much worse than that!

"First = Santa has all the time he needs to deliver presents to every home on earth, he has the ability to freeze time and that's exactly what he does on Christmas Eve.

All those bedrooms and 1 microwave, your kidding me, we have only 4 bedrooms for our guests and we have 4 microwaves in the kitchen, 3 toasters, 2 kettles, 2 croissant heaters, 1 egg boiling machine, a griddle plate, 4 gas hobs, a hostess trolley and the oven ?"

Bet you wish Santa could freeze time when you're cooking breakfast for your guests using all those kitchen gadgets! BTW-What's an egg boiling machine?? (Is it a posh name for a saucepan?)

By *unflowersWoman  over a year ago

exeter

Xmas and boxing day 12 hour days... and 27 28 12 hour nights not quite so bad as the original poster but bad enough.. booooooooooo

» Add a new message to this topic