FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Christmas day food

Christmas day food

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you all have traditional food on christmas day.

I always without fail all my life have had pork pie and boiling bacon/gammon for my breakfast and then turkey dinner. I dont have tea but supper of cold meat and pickles

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I'll have whatever hes cooking

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

dont have traditional breakfast fare but its got to be turkey for Christmas dinner with sprouts, pigs in blankets, yorkshires and sage and onion stuffing - every year my dad tries to sneak in fancy stuffing (why would you want chestnuts and apricots in stuffing?????)

and to drink we have to have a bottle of Asti - classy or what???? lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Will have a traditional Jamaican breakfast of salt fish fritters, dried dumplings, plantains and harddough bread with Jamaican chocolate. Ten hours later when the arteries have opened up a bit it will be turkey, duck, roast potatoes, rice and peas, vegetables, salad, homemade coleslaw, Christmas pudding all washed down with Guiness punch!

My breakfast consists of a small nip of scotch followed by erm.......oh yeah more scotch

Then i start cooking dinner for the family.

Turkey,pigs in blankets,crispy roasties and all the trimmings.

All rounded off with a nice glass or 3 of wine and probably some more scotch.

Then i try and walk home hic hic

Walk home ? I'd be flying home after all that Scotch

Daughter is doing christmas dinner for the family and for a change we are having a baked ham, cooked in . xxx

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

"Daughter is doing christmas dinner for the family and for a change we are having a baked ham, cooked in . xxx "

The powder?

"Daughter is doing christmas dinner for the family and for a change we are having a baked ham, cooked in . xxx

The powder?"

the drink

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

well its our first time this year we wont all be over in Yorks round a big table soooooooo

Its just gonna be the 3 of us this year as the eldest lad is working so Zoe gonna be cooking,

Lol poor smoke alarm

Steve

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

If having Xmas dinner at home, only have a small bowl of cereal for brekkie, always have nibbles and chocs out. Christmas dinner is traditional but only cos my daughter wants it, I'd be happy to do a finger buffet so we can eat whenever and whatever we want. But this year going to friends and and they eat dinner in the evening, traditional (turkey, roasties, pigs in blankets, sprouts, carrots and turnips, parsnips etc..) thus we will have a big full english breakfast this year for a change.

Smoked salmon and cream cheese "pate" with dill...

Roast duck, marinated with honey, soya sauce and Chinese 5 spice, with roast parsnips and stir-fried veg (sprouts, peppers, mushrooms and spring onions)...

Tiramisu to finish!

I'll start the day with a Bucks Fizz made with Asti as I don't like champagne.

Made the pate and Tiramisu this evening, and the duck is marinating nicely, all sorted!!!

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

"Smoked salmon and cream cheese "pate" with dill...

Roast duck, marinated with honey, soya sauce and Chinese 5 spice, with roast parsnips and stir-fried veg (sprouts, peppers, mushrooms and spring onions)...

Tiramisu to finish!

I'll start the day with a Bucks Fizz made with Asti as I don't like champagne.

Made the pate and Tiramisu this evening, and the duck is marinating nicely, all sorted!!! "

Mmmmmmmmm you don't happen to need a friend to keep you company by any chance do you, the sound of all that has made my mouth water yum xxxxx

"Mmmmmmmmm you don't happen to need a friend to keep you company by any chance do you, the sound of all that has made my mouth water yum xxxxx"

He may have a bit of the pate and the Tiramisu tomorrow evening, and duck fried rice when he returns on 28 Dec!

» Add a new message to this topic