FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gut Instinct?

Gut Instinct?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago
Forum Mod

Ive just read about a man who relied on the instructions of his sat nav (kitty take note!) and ended up teetering on the edge of a cliff in his car!

Have we become so reliant on technology that our natural instincts are becoming lost?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I saw this on our local news, its not a zillion miles from where i live.

Apparently they are trying to prosecute him for dangerous driving!!

I have a love/hate relationship with my sat nav...it tried to kill me in Ireland by telling me to turn right off a bridge and it gets very upset when I ignore its instructions and switches itself off LOL

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

" Ive just read about a man who relied on the instructions of his sat nav (kitty take note!) and ended up teetering on the edge of a cliff in his car!

Have we become so reliant on technology that our natural instincts are becoming lost?

"

yeah we always tend to take the easy option ...in aviation the satnav is always secondary nav aid for that very reason except in the posh jets who have the mega bucks stuff .

Forum Mod

Hahaha I heard of a cab driver who drove his car into a river because of his sat nav!!

we're the last to get all these gadgets but I think even I would get a bit worried if I was heading towards the edge of a cliff

Forum Mod

Unless I was driving chitty chitty bang bang lol

Its a great game on a long journey to watch your satnav screen instead of the road

" Ive just read about a man who relied on the instructions of his sat nav (kitty take note!) and ended up teetering on the edge of a cliff in his car!

yeah we always tend to take the easy option ...in aviation the satnav is always secondary nav aid for that very reason except in the posh jets who have the mega bucks stuff ."

Out of interest, and nothing sinister at all in this but whats your primary Nav Aid?

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

Got towed by the AA a while back and he used a SatNav to get us home - and despite me saying several times that i thought he was going well out of his way he chose to ignore me and rely on the sat nav.

When he finally pulled over and said you are here (and took over an hour longer than i had predicted the journey to be ) i then informed him that we may be "here" but "here" wasnt where i needed to be - and that "home" was another good hours drive if he now listened to my directions!!

Ha ha

Think they are good in general - but its still best to have a map or a good idea where you are going to in general!!

(bet he listens to the woman next time!!!)

I got a cheap one from Aldi and it's bloody brilliant most of the time. Admittedly it did once take me through a field that was only suitable for a tractor and went mental in london. But for swing meets in areas you've never heard of and arse end of nowhere rugby and cricket fixtures i love it.

Yeah what happened to the good old days of map reading.......bludy lazy i say, and i dont drive lol

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Secondrow i agree couldnt live with out it now for getting to meets mines now nicknamed THE SHAGNAV lol

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

yeah we always tend to take the easy option ...in aviation the satnav is always secondary nav aid for that very reason except in the posh jets who have the mega bucks stuff .

Out of interest, and nothing sinister at all in this but whats your primary Nav Aid?"

depends if i am imc or vfr

Does anyone else think that this guy is just using this excuse to avoid a dangerous driving charge.

Out of interest, and nothing sinister at all in this but whats your primary Nav Aid?

depends if i am imc or vfr"

IMC...Idiotic male conversations?

VFR...Voluptuous female rebel?

"Does anyone else think that this guy is just using this excuse to avoid a dangerous driving charge."

you see him on telly? i recon he could swing it LOL

Forum Mod

He could well be but he still sounds pretty dumb if he ended up dangling off a cliff lol

Perhaps it would be best to keep him off the roads!

For someone who drives for a living you would think he would know you don’t drive on footpaths or crash through fences to get where your going.

"For someone who drives for a living you would think he would know you don’t drive on footpaths or crash through fences to get where your going."

LMAO, what a dick..he is going to get loads of shit in his local pub

I don't know about the navigational properties of sat nav systems, but I'll tell you one thing ... that woman with the monotonous voice irritates the hell out of me on our sat nav, what a bitch lol .... I always change it to that sexy new zealand accent when paul isn't using it lol xxx

P.S. Is it just me that argues with sat navs?

I downloaded Yoda from Star Wars to mine and I have to chuckle when it says: "The next left, you must take, then straight on you must go."

Although it can get a tad confused at a busy junction when it says: "In 5 yards, right you must stay, no, left you must stay, fuck, you must do, right you must turn. Quit, I do. May the force be with you." ... then promptly turns itself off!

Anyone with a half an ounce of common sense would have thought, "Hang on a minute, this road is looking remarkably like a path"

What an asshole - he should be jailed

"I don't know about the navigational properties of sat nav systems, but I'll tell you one thing ... that woman with the monotonous voice irritates the hell out of me on our sat nav, what a bitch lol .... I always change it to that sexy new zealand accent when paul isn't using it lol xxx

P.S. Is it just me that argues with sat navs?"

Now you all know how it feels for us guys having women as co-pilots. Fortunately sat-nav's have an off button!

Perhaps if you changed it to a male voice you'd find it less argumentative? lol

By *lackboaWoman  over a year ago

greenock

I dont need a SatNav...where i live theres only one road in (and out)...so even a total f**kwit couldnt get lost!!!

E xx

depends if i am imc or vfr"

Again not sure what your flying experiance is but in both weather conditions you describe what nav sytems do you use?

» Add a new message to this topic