FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > bleedin keyboard

bleedin keyboard

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

firstly apologies for lack of capitals my keyboard has gone nuts and dont know how to fix it, if i try and do a capital i get whatever ive copied and pasted previously, anyone got any ideas how to stop it. cant even put a flamin question mark.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

no sure if this will work but unplug it from computer sit it sideways on table knock crumbs/dirt out it if its not a laptop or get a paintbrush and do the keys hope it helps xx

nope didnt work

if its a non laptop keyboard a wee scoot o wd40 may help??

Laptop or pc with separate keyboard ?

Remote or wired keyboard ?

If rebooting the pc, unplugging and reconnecting the k/b doesn't work, it could be that the keyboard driver has become uninstalled or corrupt or maybe you've changed a setting someplace and it thinks your using a different k/b to that which you have connected

Or the k/b may simply be shagged - have you spilled beer into it by any chance, I know from experience that spilling beer into to k/b does impair it's operation

my son spilt beer into the laptop keyboard about 5 days ago and although i got it dried out an removed the keys and replaced them it still plays up so i have plugged a keyboard itno the laptop so i can use it. it was working fine up till this afternoon when i pressed a capital letter what i had previously copied and pasted came up in repeat.

could strangel the little shit for drinking near the laptop

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

"if its a non laptop keyboard a wee scoot o wd40 may help??"

NO DONT sorry that will bugger it up totaly

try going in to controle panel

and see if the keyboard settings are right sound like you have it set to sticky keys setting

i did it with the keyboard on my old tower system and it worked! then again everythin in here gets a scoot of wd40 if it dont work lol x

Tried that and yep it was that thanks a lot ... Loook capitals, YEEHAHH

XXX

Drinking alcohol and surfing the tinternet can be fatal.

Wanking and surfing the net on the other can be enjoyable if you can avoid the keyboard

ha ha my mate nicki gushed all over hers while camming an promptly fell off the chair giving her self concussion as well as a shagged keyboard lol

Too right it can. My Logitech k/b and mouse suffred at the hands of a large Vodka abd Cranberry Juice .

But as it's a logitech and covered by a 3yr warranty, I rang them up and said that it had just 'gawn orf' so they put me through a few diagnostics and all that rubbish, which I pretended to do. Obviously it all failed so they sent me a new one free of charge

So about a year later, having held on the the old k/b and mouse, I tried the same thing again and it worked lol. This time they told me to destroy the keyboard though and email them the photos, which I did - of the original knackered k/b lol, so they sent me another new one which is still sitting in it's box in case the worst should happen again

OMG Mr Red I never thought of doing that when my Logitech keyboard naffed up I just went out and got a new one cos it only cos a few quid.

Mind you I do agree with Mznwty a wee squirt of WD40 works wonders on everything in my house

Doesnt matter what has locked up I shout at hubby to "get that tin of squirty stuff that stinks to high hell"

Shona

x x x

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

You'd expect the problem is compounded when you spill liquid which has sugars in it - beer, coffee, soft drinks etc.

The heat inside the laptop will a good job of evaporating the liquid and leaving the sugar behind which just gets stickier and stickier and makes the keys impossible to operate. Eventually the'll go down but won't come back up

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

New keyboard is easiest option. On line, sub £7.50 inc delivery and your Capitals will return.

» Add a new message to this topic