FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Treasured possessions...

Treasured possessions...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emmefatale OP   Woman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Having a sort out , found all sorts....

a wind up magic roundabout with zebedee, florence, dougal and brian, and it stil works!!!

My teddy bear that growls, even tho he has very little fur on now......and i was given a pressie this christmas that shall go on the list.....so what are yours?????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

well in my mind its our bikes

dunno if zoe would say the same tho

Steve

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Having a sort out , found all sorts....

a wind up magic roundabout with zebedee, florence, dougal and brian, and it stil works!!!

My teddy bear that growls, even tho he has very little fur on now......and i was given a pressie this christmas that shall go on the list.....so what are yours?????"

Hmmmmmmmmm I feel a visit to the antiques roadshow coming on lol not that I am suggestion you are of course ooh bugga did I just put my foot in ti

Rex xxxxxxxx

By *emmefatale OP   Woman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

My teddy bear that growls, even tho he has very little fur on now......and i was given a pressie this christmas that shall go on the list.....so what are yours?????

Hmmmmmmmmm I feel a visit to the antiques roadshow coming on lol not that I am suggestion you are of course ooh bugga did I just put my foot in ti

Rex xxxxxxxx"

you aint having my magic roundabout so bog off!!!! lol

A book of poems - Poem for a Day, a collection of 365 poems that each have an association with the day of the calendar it appears on. I never go anywhere without it, cept when swinging of course

My lucky 1962 10p coin which i carry in my wallet at all times.

I am convinced if i lose it some bad luck will doom me.

I don't even know how i got it, i just kept it in my wallet and to this day it feels part of me.

Strange i know

"My lucky 1962 10p coin which i carry in my wallet at all times.

I don't even know how i got it, i just kept it in my wallet and to this day it feels part of me.

Strange i know "

It's unlucky to be superstitious you know!

Rex xxxxxxxxyou aint having my magic roundabout so bog off!!!! lol"

Noooooooooooo it's yours I would neva nick a girlies toys lol

My daughter has loads of MacDonalds happy meal toys from the 80's one day they may be worth a bit all her toys are in her attic now she grabbed them all when her mum moved house !!!

My 1929 Candlestick Telephone and my Collection of Miners lamps

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

Strange i know "

It can't be a 10p coin if it's from 1962...it's a two bob bit...a florin

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Strange i know "

would love to knoe how you got that as we didn't go decimal until 15th February 1971 (me mums birthday) before that we had 2 shilling pieces which were the first 10p pieces but even they have changed since 1971

Dug up an old foto of dad some years ago after he died. Was taken during the war, aboard his cruiser....and collected old press cuttings from the time relating to his ship and the actions they were involved in together with diary extracts written by some of his crewmates....all together in a folder and just has to be my most treasured possessions

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

So when was decimalisation then?....surely not 1962

Strange i know "

My most treasured possessions are a lock of my son's hair who died 19 years ago and the cot tags showing dob, weight and leg tags from my four children. We all have differing definitions of treasured.

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

A funny little glass snowman which has adorned every christmas tree wherever I've lived....it was once part of a christmas tree light set...but never in my lifetime. It isn't even pretty but I love it. Also my black doll which was given to me on my first birthday (it's written in my baby book). When I was 13 or so I found some singer had the nerve to call herself Shirley Bassey after my doll, lol

Strange i know

would love to knoe how you got that as we didn't go decimal until 15th February 1971 (me mums birthday) before that we had 2 shilling pieces which were the first 10p pieces but even they have changed since 1971 "

Sorry my mistake, it is a 2 shilling coin.

Thanks for correcting me.

As a 1974 man shillings were before my time but the size of it is similar to the old 10p before the current version hence why i thought it was that.

That will me be unlucky now

Right now my most prized possesion is my laptop but I get bored easily so that will prob change next week when I get new shoes!!!!

In truth I have soooooo much I wouldnt want parted with:

My soft toys Hubby and the kids have given me - even tho some are soo not what I would have picked

My shoes - come on what woman would want parted from her shoes??

My jewellery - I would be lost without spending hours picking which ear rings and bracelets to wear in the morning

My books - at last count I have over a thousand that I have read too many times to count but some are out of print now

Ohh and Hubby and the kids - had to put that hubby might read this and ask why he and the kids arent top of the list!!!

However in the event of a fire what would I grab? The laptop cos all the pics of the kids are on it along with all the emails about the insurance policies!

Shona

x x x

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Strange i know

would love to knoe how you got that as we didn't go decimal until 15th February 1971 (me mums birthday) before that we had 2 shilling pieces which were the first 10p pieces but even they have changed since 1971

Sorry my mistake, it is a 2 shilling coin.

Thanks for correcting me.

As a 1974 man shillings were before my time but the size of it is similar to the old 10p before the current version hence why i thought it was that.

That will me be unlucky now "

some trivia things just stick in yer head especially when you are as old as me lol

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

My mums wedding ring, anything that belonged to my mum, dad and grandparents all now deceased, photos of them of course, and a video I took on Christmas day 1993 with my then new camcorder which is the one and only of my dad, he died 6 weeks later, though I still can't bring myself to watch it.

My grandpa loved to draw, so the drawing i have, but also his box of pencils and paints. Also a Winnie The Pooh book i was given the year i was born.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive got the stitches my son gave me when he had them out after splitting his head open. I got his baby band. Ive also got some conkers that i used to pick up when we went to see him in the special care baby unit. Modern things are my russian dolls that jay got me

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Mine is me deceased grans wedding ring that I used to get wed

Plus a ring my dad bought me before he died

I have a box full of things the kids made in nursery and school but with three children, you cannot possibly keep everything

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

A gold cross that was my Grans

My teddy bear who is the same age as me

The card my Dad gave my Mum when I was born

Lots of other things I have a memory box filled with allsorts

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

An UGLY broach that was me Grandma's who died when i was 4.

MY teddy thats so thread bare i darent touch him - but he watched over me when i slept when i was a kid- he has never even had a name, not even Big Ted, lol

Teddy wears said Broach, plus a Cross that was given to me when i was a tod.

Other than that - load of stuff has been stolen when i got burgled (3 times) or burnt when i had a housefire

So to me the BESTEST most treasured possession is my LIFE xxxx

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

My most treasured possessions.......

After my kids and jason (I'd better put him in here)........

Is.......

My Posse. I love every single one of them!

I have my grandfathers medals but would say old family pictures from the 1920’s

» Add a new message to this topic