FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Advertising Condoms and Abortions

Advertising Condoms and Abortions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eakcouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

peak district

The government has announced it is looking at allowing pregnancy advice services to advertise on TV, radio and in other media. Condoms and abortion advice clinics would be able to try to sell their products/services. This is already legal on the continent.

What do people think? We think it's a great idea, but already some fanatical christian organisations are saying it is immoral, evil, will lead to moral degeneracy etc. This doesn't seem to stop our neighbours across the channel from having such adverts. Why do the British have to be such prudes?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We think it's a great idea, but already some fanatical christian organisations are saying it is immoral, evil, will lead to moral degeneracy etc. "

Says an organisation who have murdered millions in the name of 'God'... bloody rich that!

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"We think it's a great idea, but already some fanatical christian organisations are saying it is immoral, evil, will lead to moral degeneracy etc.

Says an organisation who have murdered millions in the name of 'God'... bloody rich that!"

took the words right out of my mouth .wishy

us brits have always been outwardly prudish since queen vic signaled us to be restrained when it came to sex. ...god knows why we listened ,she had 8 kids and 3 husbands allegedly

i have a german friend and when we go to clubs she is amazed at the fact that women will not walk around naked, and we have witnessed some ouples getting it on in dressing gowns ...which she finds astonishing..diferent culture tho eh

mr x

Forum Mod

I would welcome as much advertising regarding pregnancy prevention as they can throw at us

Young people don't seem to be too shy to have sex it just seems they hav'nt mastered the art of using condoms. The teenage pregnancy rate here is the highest in Europe,but that doesn't mean that all of these are unplanned,my mum was a teenage mother and I think she did a grand job with me

As for advertising abortion clinics whilst I don't think its wrong to do this it seems to me like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

"We think it's a great idea, but already some fanatical christian organisations are saying it is immoral, evil, will lead to moral degeneracy etc. "

Not in any way religious but also dont believe in abortion ( have a relative who has had 3 and it seems to be her method of birth control) and as for advertising condoms it might help quote prevent the need for abortions anyway.

" We think it's a great idea, but already some fanatical christian organisations are saying it is immoral, evil, will lead to moral degeneracy etc.

Not in any way religious but also dont believe in abortion ( have a relative who has had 3 and it seems to be her method of birth control) and as for advertising condoms it might help quote prevent the need for abortions anyway.

"

Yes, it could in turn develop the problem of people being made fully aware that abortion is available and therefore become a method of contraception for some, which could then help STI's to boom.

W

By *eznhannahCouple  over a year ago

leeds

abortion should be as a last resort, in desperate circumstances even then in our eyes is wrong in most cases, when 2 of my kids were born when i was a fair bit younger and much more stupid, abortion would have been such an easy answer, and was offered, i am so so so glad it wasnt taken up, not just saying it is wrong because of the pro life slant, but the phsycological problems it can cause sometimes years later, however we dont live in an ideal world and abortion is legal, and used by some as a kind of birth control, but the answer isnt making it easier and more accessable, the answer is educating people and making them more aware and responsible for there actions,

in my opinion abortions are better than unwanted, unloved kids, its not an option i would have ever taken, i have 3 children and none of them was planned but unplanned does not always mean unwanted, but for those who don't feel the same about being pregnant surely an abortion is better than the way some children are treated in this country but unloving parents? plus most youngsters are having underage sex, some are unlucky enough to fall pregnant, 13 and 14 year old girls should not have to spend the rest of their childhood looking after a baby, they not mature enough for a start, and i know a lot will say, they made their bed, lay in it, but cummon they kids doing what most kids their age have been doing for years and many more to come, they dont have to throw their lifes away for one daft mistake, so even tho i personally would never have an abortion im not anti abortion so the infomation should be around for those who feel they need it

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

But I like my fluffy dressing gown ...and it answers the eternal question of 'what do I wear?'...

" Not in any way religious but also dont believe in abortion ( have a relative who has had 3 and it seems to be her method of birth control) and as for advertising condoms it might help quote prevent the need for abortions anyway.

"

Women who have abortion after abortion are just plain irresponsible and ignorant. With condoms so freely available thesedays there is no excuse for unplanned pregnancies and I am of the pro-life stance; if you do the deed, you're responsible for it's outcome.

As for the argument about unloved kids: these children grow up to be adults and their childhoods are left nehind, as adults they will reach an age of awareness where they will understand about life's inconsistencies and probably make great parents themselves - why should they be denied that chance?

The ONLY time I'd ever agree that abortion is the sensible option is if the foetus is diagnosed as having very severe abnormalities.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

its a real moral maze abortion ..such issues as the right of the mother over the foetus.

I think the point of where abortion is allowed should be lowered to the point where the cell division becomes self aware.It should then have rights enshrined in law.As it is at that point a human being .

Then again on the flip side

why do we hold human life so sacrisant and then dispose of it in every day life under the banner of war ....arent we all a bit arrogant about our own importance on the grand scheme of things

purely because we are at the top of the food chain on our particalar little scrap of rock.

tough call ....

By *randmrsdisco2008Couple  over a year ago

port glasgow

as for advertising "condoms" then yes as we`ve got 2 boys 16 and 20 ,but as far as abortions go then no,you want to play then you take the consequences,only abortions that should be allowed are for medical or if the girl has been raped,thats our opinion as parents of 4 kids

I wonder what programs they'd target the advertising at?

Forum Mod

"I wonder what programs they'd target the advertising at?"

Disney Channel?

" With condoms so freely available thesedays there is no excuse for unplanned pregnancies and I am of the pro-life stance; if you do the deed, you're responsible for it"

my thired child is the result of a failed vasectomy, having the snip was something we both decided was right for us as we already had two children and decided it was enough, but along came child number three and a second vasectomy a few years later, see i dont agree with the you made your bed lay in it attitide, i did'nt have an abortion but in situations like that i can understand why people do, you have decided not to have kids and acted responsably to make sure you don't, but nothings 100%.

Im my opinion noone has the rights to tell others what to do, its the woman body and the woman life, so her choice, if you banned abortions all you would get is more unloved kids, you can't force love, if someones not cut out to be a partent they never going to do it well and as i said im my above post, an abortion is better than a mistreated child,

Forum Mod

" With condoms so freely available thesedays there is no excuse for unplanned pregnancies and I am of the pro-life stance; if you do the deed, you're responsible for it

my thired child is the result of a failed vasectomy, having the snip was something we both decided was right for us as we already had two children and decided it was enough, but along came child number three and a second vasectomy a few years later, see i dont agree with the you made your bed lay in it attitide, i did'nt have an abortion but in situations like that i can understand why people do, you have decided not to have kids and acted responsably to make sure you don't, but nothings 100%.

Im my opinion noone has the rights to tell others what to do, its the woman body and the woman life, so her choice, if you banned abortions all you would get is more unloved kids, you can't force love, if someones not cut out to be a partent they never going to do it well and as i said im my above post, an abortion is better than a mistreated child, "

Well put naughty..what you would also get if abortion was illegal would be back street butchers giving women abortions and ripping their insides to shreds with no before or after care like there were before it was made legal

Abortion should only be between the woman and her doctor. Her choice, anyone else can have their view on how it should apply to them. I think, how dare they impose their views on someone else...

so men are just sperm donors??? surely it takes TWO to get pregnant... well thats what they taught me at nursy school....... any ways ladies need to be more bloody careful...

Forum Mod

"so men are just sperm donors??? surely it takes TWO to get pregnant... well thats what they taught me at nursy school....... any ways ladies need to be more bloody careful... "

Yet every form of contraception that you can take is'nt 100% effective...even a vasectomy or a sterilisation

i agree but i do tend to think we are athrow away society and that abortion is used as more ov a means ov contraception xx

Forum Mod

"i agree but i do tend to think we are athrow away society and that abortion is used as more ov a means ov contraception xx"

In some cases thats true and having worked with women who choose to have abortions its not something that doctors or nurses like to see....but everyone has to be treated as an individual and no matter how much information about other forms of contraception is given it sometimes makes no difference at all

"Abortion should only be between the woman and her doctor. Her choice, anyone else can have their view on how it should apply to them. I think, how dare they impose their views on someone else... "

Totally agree with what you have said, everyone has a view but until a situation has been experienced how can anyone really know how they will react. The more information that is freely available cant be a bad thing, after all life is about choices, and informed choices are a better option.

Advertising leads to awareness and awareness leads to education and if that helps people prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortions then thats a good thing.

It is one of those problems that is ever growing in society and just like underage binge drinking is an issue the government have been spending millions on. Lets see how it goes and give it a chance!

I think its good that they want to advertise condoms and abortions. Honestly if I got pregnant when I was younger and wanted to get rid of it I wouldn't know what to do or where to go.

"so men are just sperm donors??? surely it takes TWO to get pregnant... well thats what they taught me at nursy school....... any ways ladies need to be more bloody careful... "

in most of these cases i think yes the man is just a sperm donor!!

I think very very few married women would abort a healthy child, most abortions that are not done thro medical resons are the result of one night stands and women that are scared to bring up a child alone, sad fact but true.......

ok so she should ahve been more careful, its easy to say that but hey we only human we all make mistakes

Good idea but do we really need it on tv abortion is a sensitve subject for many.

Surly it would be better moved to schools and the internet?

» Add a new message to this topic