FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > utter crap

utter crap

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know this is the lounge and therefore any subject is acceptable, but do you think it is getting full of total and utter crap ?

People opening threads just for the sake of it or is it attention seeking or boredom.

Threads which have no reason, like the one I have just looked at "sunday 9pm"

I enjoy the games, I enjoy the "picture above you" and the "do you leave the bread out" type threads but some have got to be pure attention seekers I am sure.

No offence and I appologise if the OP's of this thread take it that way, it's only my opinion and I wondered if others thought the same, had noticed the same or think I am seeing something where there is nothing ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The forums are the same as the everyday world, composed of the good, the bad and the ugly ( topics I mean )

some folks like the silly stuff, some dont.

some like informative stuff, some dont.

some like the moaning whinging threads, some dont.

some like the flirting and club mentality/clique type threads, some dont

some like the "holier than thou" type advice ( we know better than you, therefor you're doing it wrong) type threads, some dont.

just cos I dont agree or like every post doesnt mean they shouldnt be here, open forum, open ideas, open opinions, if they dont break the forums rules good luck to em,

I read the ones I like, I comment/contribute when the feeling takes me, I ignore the ones I dont want to participate in.

fair point, just that I haven't actually met a lot of people in Asda or the pub who walk up and say "Sunday 9pm"

Now I am thinking it's a conspiracy with codes like in WWII

ok so "The donkey has slept with the goldfish Midnight thursday"

"Now I am thinking it's a conspiracy with codes like in WWII

ok so "The donkey has slept with the goldfish Midnight thursday""

Lol wheres Enigma when you need it?

"fair point, just that I haven't actually met a lot of people in Asda or the pub who walk up and say "Sunday 9pm"

ahhhhhh, you're a secret menber of the " very small donkey and very large goldfish fetish scene" cool, you should have rolled your trouser leg up and given me the funny handshake

"fair point, just that I haven't actually met a lot of people in Asda or the pub who walk up and say "Sunday 9pm""

Don't get many who walk up and say "anal sex or a blow job????" either sadly

"I know this is the lounge and therefore any subject is acceptable, but do you think it is getting full of total and utter crap ?

People opening threads just for the sake of it or is it attention seeking or boredom.

I enjoy the games, I enjoy the "picture above you" and the "do you leave the bread out" type threads but some have got to be pure attention seekers I am sure.

No offence and I appologise if the OP's of this thread take it that way, it's only my opinion and I wondered if others thought the same, had noticed the same or think I am seeing something where there is nothing ?"

its all about freedom of speech nothing more

n whats wrong with just a bit of banther

"The forums are the same as the everyday world, composed of the good, the bad and the ugly ( topics I mean )

some folks like the silly stuff, some dont.

some like informative stuff, some dont.

some like the moaning whinging threads, some dont.

some like the flirting and club mentality/clique type threads, some dont

some like the "holier than thou" type advice ( we know better than you, therefor you're doing it wrong) type threads, some dont.

just cos I dont agree or like every post doesnt mean they shouldnt be here, open forum, open ideas, open opinions, if they dont break the forums rules good luck to em,

I read the ones I like, I comment/contribute when the feeling takes me, I ignore the ones I dont want to participate in."

I agree with the OP but this is how I approach life in the Lounge.

In some of the vanilla forums I participate, one can preview the thread content without the need to open it.

I shall suggest that in Site Feedback.

I like the Lounge as it is, and have been here long enough to know whose threads are worth opening, and whose to avoid.

Long live the Lounge!

Done, feeling great after doing something positive!

Now I shall go and face the real world!

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I am the same as most here

I comment on those that mean anything to me, the rest can go jog on

But I don't comment on every thread, god knows I have more time than most to do so

I love the lounge, I love the variety, I love (most) of the posters..........

As with most things on this site not everything is everyone's cup of tea as I'm sure I've seen the OP post themselves if you don't like it ignore it

Raz

Most forums are the same, I like the lounge and I'll post in the serious threads and the funny ones depending on what mood I'm in.

I have to admit as daft as some of the threads are they have me laughing, some of the other threads can be a bit much for my tastes so I ignore them, easy really

OP, there is a simple solution to your dilema......

Don't read them if you don't like them. Maybe some of the threads aren't as intellectualy stimulating as you would prefer, but it's horses for courses innit, each to their own ....

Start a few threads of your own if your so concerned about it, I'm sure you'll be able to think of something interesting to say which will command the attention of the lesser people ...

I read some, I don't others.

I try to balance my nonsense with input into other threads on more important 'life' challenges..

Having experienced both chat and forums now.. yu learn you will endear yourself to some and piss others off.

so I chat and post as ME..

and having found myself blocked by some for no other reason than a forum post.. quicker the block facility comes and folks are spared having to read anything I say from now till doomsday.....

( but obviously, I will still read what they say as I am nosey, sad and can read the forums without being logged on )

Jed,

Whilst I do totally agree with what you have to say I also totally agree with the many who constructively criticise your post.

The couple of spiteful and sarcastic replies do those posters no favours but also come as no great surprise bearing in mind the content of your opening shot, you were always going to get a few personal attacks from the usual suspects.

IMHO the lounge is not what it used to be for many of the reasons you state, which is why I rarely post in here. I am not saying it has changed for the worse, it has simply evolved in a manner that is not to my taste hence I pass most of it by and there is often a very definite gang culture which will, sadly, always see threads like this take a big hit.

jensash we agree wiv u ppl on here doin silly threads some times wonder what site we r on here

Think I am probably one of those who post "utter crap"...I make no apologies.

If something in the news grabs my attention then I'll post something a bit more "meaty" and I add to those types of forums if I have an interest or something to say.

However, I really think that life's to short to be serious all the time, and I don't ever want to wake up and find my head is up my own arse.

So....will keep on posting and contributing to threads, if I don't like the thread, then I just won't post.

As a tutor of mine once said "It ain't rocket science".

Simples

Stu,

Just a very very polite enquiry but whats the correlation with serious and head up your arse

By *afthalfMan  over a year ago

Near you x

As the poster of this utter crap... *giggles *, may i say, thank you for taking the time out to feel the need to reply.

I guess you aren't a fan of Mr Beaur then huh ???

Anyway, cant help but feel that i am one of the few who constantly post's this "utter crap " on here but seeing as i have the same rights as everyone else and don't live in China so therefore able to post such things i shall continue to do so...

Psssst, thanks for reading the post anyway..

[Removed by poster at 19/01/10 10:01:24]

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

"I know this is the lounge and therefore any subject is acceptable, but do you think it is getting full of total and utter crap ?

"

No 'getting' about it. It's been total and utter crap for yonks.

Near you x

The Lounge: The lounge is for general chat and discussion- - -

Nuff said xx

"Stu,

Just a very very polite enquiry but whats the correlation with serious and head up your arse "

Where I grew up it was a turn of phrase for someone that takes themselves....and life too seriously and ends up looking down their noses at those who don't....never wanna be that person...am happy living here on planet stu these days

Is that what you think Jed is doing with this thread

As its been said before..the forums for

everyone 2 have there say in wat ever

they wish 2 talk about freedom of speach

"Anyway, cant help but feel that i am one of the few who constantly post's this "utter crap ""

Considering you have only ever started 3 threads I doubt Jed is specifically aiming at you.

I happen to agree with the OP, but then not all threads will suit all tastes and I'm sure it's the same for many. I dont have any problem with it and I post on whatever takes my fancy at the time...as I'm sure Jed does and will continue to do.

"Is that what you think Jed is doing with this thread "

Nah, think they have a very valid point and I do not disagree with them at all.

Is just my own perspective on me and life here on planet stu.

2009 a shitty year for me, for various reasons, so now staying put on planet stu.

If folk don't like that, then is no skin off my nose. Same goes for my "utter crap" threads......they're just me letting off steam.....no one has to read them and no one has to post on them.

[Removed by poster at 19/01/10 10:13:33]

If you don't like it don't read it.....simples.

The forums are there for an open debate of any type whether it be stupid, silly or informative.

as stu states

If folk don't like them, then is no skin off anyone's nose...they're just letting off steam.....no one has to read them and no one has to post on them..endd of

u know thats a gd statement

People opening threads just for the sake

of it or is it attention seeking or

boredom...Threads which have no reason

I can agree with what Jed (the op) has said here, this is possibly the reason I drift in and out of the forums, that doesn't go to say everything or anything I post wont be deemed crap to some here, it's all about individuality.

The problem is we encourage people to post away and get themselves involved and known, and sometimes people post for posting sake, out of boredom or to simply start some sort of conversation.

without dictation on how to post, how can we change it?, we can't, it's the same with all forums.

Do as I, read what interests you, or again like myself take time away every so often.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

One persons utter crap is amusing to the next person.

Happily we are all different and probably all like different things.

It would be good if on an adult site where acceptance to our lifestyle isn't easily given, that we could all accept what each other wants to chat about.

Threads or posts might not always be what you would like to see but it isn't compulsory to read them.

Move on to the next thread that you might enjoy.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Does it really matter if it's utter crap or not?

We enjoy some of the banter and light hearted moments on here, this site is about having fun, fun, fun, some people not a million miles away are up to their necks in rubble, some members of their family, lost, gone forever, pity they'll no longer have the opportunity to moan about utter crap!

Thanks to everyone who posted, I have my answer now

Living proof that the forums work.

Some people post to seek attention, some out of boredom, some because they can and some because they enjoy it.

And that's an end to it, whatever your reason "carry on posting" maybe they will make a movie out of it

But those who thought I was being critical were wrong, I honestly just wondered why people do it and I have my answers, there is no reason why people shouldn't post what they want in the lounge if people are having fun with it

Its each to there own here and its a good thing as long as no one is hurting or nasty people dont have too look and read post here do thay?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Some of us are not stupid

"Some of us are not stupid "

I am..

"Some of us are not stupid

I am.. "

I didn't understand the question

"Some of us are not stupid "

Shame the "not stupid" ratio is not better

I am..

I didn't understand the question "

Sausages!

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"In some of the vanilla forums I participate, one can preview the thread content without the need to open it.

"

but one can always start viewing and then leave without posting ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am..

I didn't understand the question "

Seems it is only me then

I am..

Sausages! "

TAXI !!!!!!!

birmingham

I am..

Seems it is only me then"

We come in pairs

Forum Mod

O o O oo

oooooo come with me if you are not stupid too, we can sit in the same corner.....snog has sausages so I might invite him too even though he admits to being stupid

"In some of the vanilla forums I participate, one can preview the thread content without the need to open it.

but one can always start viewing and then leave without posting ?"

As I said with my tongue firmly in my cheek, opening and closing a thread involves 2 clicks, hovering over a thread title involves none.

The energy saved by not clicking and closing a thread can be significant if there are many threads to trawl through!

birmingham

"snog has sausages so I might invite him too even though he admits to being stupid "

As we're a minority at the moment, we best invite Snoggy we may well need a body guard!

"oooooo come with me if you are not stupid too, we can sit in the same corner.....snog has sausages so I might invite him too even though he admits to being stupid "

I may be stupid but you aint getting ya hands on my Sausage...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It's ok, I have my whip

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"It's ok, I have my whip "
can i watch???

"snog has sausages so I might invite him too even though he admits to being stupid

As we're a minority at the moment, we best invite Snoggy we may well need a body guard! "

Who will guard me?...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"oooooo come with me if you are not stupid too, we can sit in the same corner.....snog has sausages so I might invite him too even though he admits to being stupid

I may be stupid but you aint getting ya hands on my Sausage... "

You can't be that stupid then I think you lied

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It's ok, I have my whip can i watch??? "

Only if you show me your shoe collection.

birmingham

"snog has sausages so I might invite him too even though he admits to being stupid

As we're a minority at the moment, we best invite Snoggy we may well need a body guard!

Who will guard me?... "

Craig!

Who will guard me?...

Craig! "

I feel safe now...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Shame the "not stupid" ratio is not better "

lol it wouldn't be as much fun then now would it

"It's ok, I have my whip can i watch???

Only if you show me your shoe collection. "

It carries a government health and safety warning!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Only if you show me your shoe collection. "

deal.......so would you like to see the real shoes collection or the one bigbad knows about?????

shoes where shoes.... ?!?!?!?!?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Only if you show me your shoe collection. deal.......so would you like to see the real shoes collection or the one bigbad knows about????? "

Has to be the real one, and I promise not to tell bad

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Only if you show me your shoe collection.

It carries a government health and safety warning! "

The shoe collection or the whip?

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Only if you show me your shoe collection. deal.......so would you like to see the real shoes collection or the one bigbad knows about?????

Has to be the real one, and I promise not to tell bad "

ok il start taking pics......then upload should be done by say..........next christmas ????

"fair point, just that I haven't actually met a lot of people in Asda or the pub who walk up and say "Sunday 9pm"

I am distraught. I never had you down as an Asda man ....

"jensash we agree wiv u ppl on here doin silly threads some times wonder what site we r on here"

I'd agree if I understood. x promise x

Shame the "not stupid" ratio is not better

lol it wouldn't be as much fun then now would it "

Very true but would be a lot less work for you

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

No offence and I appologise if the OP's of this thread take it that way, it's only my opinion and I wondered if others thought the same, had noticed the same or think I am seeing something where there is nothing ?"

i think if people post stupid threads simply because they are attention seekers , they merely draw attention to the fact that they are twats , a bit like the village idiot standing in the square shouting look at me

i agree some of the threads are numbingly boring , but that in itself in some ways gives you some stimulous

whilst reading some about a month ago and saying to eachother how daft and pointless some of them were , mrs luton put one on just to see the response

i think it was called PEAS OR CARROTS , and asked what people out there prefered

amazingly 30 or so replied with serious replys and gave detailed analasis as to how they percieved to difering flavours , textures etc

i guess like in a lot of things , its the run of the mill threads that make the good ones stand out

No offence and I appologise if the OP's of this thread take it that way, it's only my opinion and I wondered if others thought the same, had noticed the same or think I am seeing something where there is nothing ?

i think if people post stupid threads simply because they are attention seekers , they merely draw attention to the fact that they are twats , a bit like the village idiot standing in the square shouting look at me

i agree some of the threads are numbingly boring , but that in itself in some ways gives you some stimulous

whilst reading some about a month ago and saying to eachother how daft and pointless some of them were , mrs luton put one on just to see the response

i think it was called PEAS OR CARROTS , and asked what people out there prefered

amazingly 30 or so replied with serious replys and gave detailed analasis as to how they percieved to difering flavours , textures etc

i guess like in a lot of things , its the run of the mill threads that make the good ones stand out "

Jusr like the people .......

Love Peas and carrots missed that thread...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I missed it too.....I would have said that I didn't like peas or carrots.

I know i post utter crap.

But i can also answer serious if in the mood.

I look at it this way..

I have enough "serious" stuff going on in my life with illness and big big family misfortunes..work etc.

I come on here for a little light relief and to put the serious stuff behind me for a little while.

I unwind and chill and if that means a daft post now and again. so be it.

I dont do it to wind people up or to offend in anyway so i cant see the harm.

See.....

told ya i was right

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

haha peaches

crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap

Au contaire

I can talk considerably more crap than you xxx

Ok already. (said in a good jewish accent)

you win already . oiii ve

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

boooohoooo someone crying cos the forum aint up to their standered (can never spell that shit)

build a bridge and get over it..

"I know i post utter crap.

But i can also answer serious if in the mood.

I look at it this way..

I have enough "serious" stuff going on in my life with illness and big big family misfortunes..work etc.

I come on here for a little light relief and to put the serious stuff behind me for a little while.

I unwind and chill and if that means a daft post now and again. so be it.

I dont do it to wind people up or to offend in anyway so i cant see the harm. "

here here peaches...totally agree with you hun. its escapism sometimes being on here from serious stuff in life.

anyhow i like petit pois think thats how yer spell it, not keen on carrots

"boooohoooo someone crying cos the forum aint up to their standered (can never spell that shit)

build a bridge and get over it.. "

Ask a serious question and someone is bound to get thier knickers twisted, how dare someone have a different opinion to someone else - whose really doing the crying here

Each to their own, one person's car boot junk for sale is another person's treasured find.

I too like to participate in forums such as FAB as well as others for some light hearted relief.

I too would like to believe I do not take myself too seriously, or come across as being too far up my own arse.

And no, I seldom block people unless they really irritate the sh1t out of me.

And welcome back, kitty, I missed you!

Near you x

Sorry, last post removed due to the fact it had a link for everyone to catch up and also be several episodes infront of the UK Premier of Season 8 24.

So if i may ???....

Google Project Free TV and do a search for 24. You will find all 8 seasons there.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

Hmmmmmmmmm now let me think about that one for a moment.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 23/01/10 02:32:28]

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Sorry, last post removed due to the fact it had a link for everyone to catch up and also be several episodes infront of the UK Premier of Season 8 24.

So if i may ???....

Google Project Free TV and do a search for 24. You will find all 8 seasons there."

there are other places where it can be watched.... I am already up to hour 5 of 24 for this season... its a goodie.. and I have managed to keep my mouth shut and not ruin anythin!!! lol

» Add a new message to this topic