Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

over hyped

as many of them..

itll be on dvd very soon, then eventually be down to £3.00 by xmas

By *ibbyhunterCouple  over a year ago

keighley

if you like plenty of action and fighting and special effects you'll love it. it just gave me a headache.

I took my nephew and it was ok. He loved it but he is only 10 so if you are 10 you will enjoy.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Oh no - I was supposed to watch this on Sunday. Think I will choose a different film now x

Of the three blockbusters I saw recently, namely Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness and Man of Steel, I enjoyed MOS the least, and ST the most.

MOS is not a bad film, however, not as good as I had hoped.

By *lanwoodMan  over a year ago

Alton

Well, I saw it last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mind you, the previous two films I saw were Song for Marion and The Place Beyond the Pines. After those, the adverts would have been great.

We're going to see it tomorrow night, can't wait!

MOS is good but no blockbuster.

That said, its a million times better than world war yawn/z. They delayed the film, re-wrote the end and it still sucks ass.

Shameful hoovering of customers money

It was below average, if you are a big fan of the original story and a big superman fan then chances are you won't like it to be honest, I went to see it and within 5 mind of leaving the cinema I have picked apart the entire story, it was the one film I was truly looking forward to for the last 2 tears and now I'm a broken man lol

Lol well i loved it and thought it was EPIC

"Lol well i loved it and thought it was EPIC "

Ill have to agree I seen it twice now its awesome

"Lol well i loved it and thought it was EPIC

Ill have to agree I seen it twice now its awesome "

We enjoyed it right up to the fight scene with SM and Zod, which went on and on and on and on...we liked it more than Star Trek, which was a real let down

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Too over hyped for me. Think I was hoping for it to be more Dark Knight cos of the director so was disappointed.

He's a hottie but just dragged on for me.

I saw it. I dont know what it was, but it wasnt a Superman film.

I came home and watched the 1978 Richard Donner / Christopher Reeve film to cleanse myself.

By *uteguy06Man  over a year ago

Swindon

Going tonight to watch it and can't wait it's going to be epic!!!

Did anyone watch it in 3d, is it worth it?

"Going tonight to watch it and can't wait it's going to be epic!!!

Did anyone watch it in 3d, is it worth it?"

Saw it in 2D and it was awesome but thats our preference

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Too over hyped for me. Think I was hoping for it to be more Dark Knight cos of the director so was disappointed.

He's a hottie but just dragged on for me."

same producer different director this guy made 300

I think you should still see it and make your own mind up about it rather than listening to anyone else.

I'm not a DC fan, far from it tbh but still saw it. It was average 5/10

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Watched it last night sadly I found it very disappointing , if you can't better the original don't bother , as said above it did not feel like a sm film , it totally lacked humour, and character , zod was the only one with any personality

Wanted it to be a dark knight but came nowhere near

Most people came out saying "not bad" not a resounding endorsement x

"I think you should still see it and make your own mind up about it rather than listening to anyone else.

I'm not a DC fan, far from it tbh but still saw it. It was average 5/10"

i rated it 3/5 cud of been better

By *an and wifeyCouple  over a year ago

n lincs

Took theists and kids the other week and we thought it was AWSOME Even the misses loved it.

We are both Trekkies and were a little disappointed with Star Trek but iron man is AWSOME and so is fast and furious 6

I would not waste the extra money for 3 d though

Really enjoyed it. Preferred it to the original. More of a background story was told

ashby de la zouch

"Really enjoyed it. Preferred it to the original. More of a background story was told"

Really ? Although more time was spent at planet krypton I don't think we discovered much if any more than before and it was very dry x as for childhood again there was no more about his school days than previous either

You see for me the problem is that everyone is comparing it to the originals.

It was never made to better, compare or be like the originals. It was a stand alone movie done in a different style and with a darker more serious feel to it.

Im a huge Superman fan and was set to be disappointed by this movie but found it everything i could ask for and more. See it with a fresh outlook and you wont be disappointed. Look for flaws, comparisons and previous likes and again you will find them or be disappointed.

Personally i think it was a brilliant version and had all the hallmarks but in a better darker more intelligent way.

Each to their own opinion obviously but i think the comparisons are unwarranted as its a stand alone movie.

We went to see it last night. It was alright... not as good as I thought it was going to be. I preferred the tv shoe! Was mostly big over-the-top fight scenes. And it was LOUD. I must be getting old!

Oh, but Henry Cavill is HOT!

tv show... not shoe!

"tv show... not shoe!"
knw wht u meant lol and u r very hot btw x

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"Too over hyped for me. Think I was hoping for it to be more Dark Knight cos of the director so was disappointed.

He's a hottie but just dragged on for me.same producer different director this guy made 300

"

Ah, same thing to me

Was hoping for more darkness, wasn't expecting it to be like the original Superman films but got caught up in all the hype.

Looking forward to Wolverine though.

Agree about Henry Cavill being hot, however time will tell if he is going to be a good actor, as I found him very wooden in MOS.

I stand by what I have said about MOS in this and other threads.

I went to see it with an open mind and came out slightly disappointed, as I did not believe it lived up to its hype.

The only direct comparison I had made with previous Superman films was relating to the film scores.

ashby de la zouch

Dark ? Superman 3 was darker , jj in the old films was darker , Lois in the old films was darker with more bite , it was not dark it was humourless , it had a couple of moments , for example when Kevin cost dies but apart from spectacular cgi fight scenes it was pretty bland . The frightened child actor had more charisma than the adult

It was ok had its moments of great potential which were so short i can't quite remember them

ashby de la zouch

For it to be dark it needed to show an adolescent battle concerning using his powers for good or just for him , he perhaps needed to laser a few frogs cause some mischief

"Dark ? Superman 3 was darker , jj in the old films was darker , Lois in the old films was darker with more bite , it was not dark it was humourless , it had a couple of moments , for example when Kevin cost dies but apart from spectacular cgi fight scenes it was pretty bland . The frightened child actor had more charisma than the adult

It was ok had its moments of great potential which were so short i can't quite remember them"

Lol are you serious ?? How can you say superman 3 was darker when it had richard pryor, a ridculously camp robert vaughn and a comedy value of about 1000 ??

Lol i really struggle to see any darkness in that !

"It was below average, if you are a big fan of the original story and a big superman fan then chances are you won't like it to be honest, I went to see it and within 5 mind of leaving the cinema I have picked apart the entire story, it was the one film I was truly looking forward to for the last 2 tears and now I'm a broken man lol"

disagree with this, if you are a true superman fan you will love this film, its different to the days of christopher reeve but its a credit to the superman collection, much better than superman returns.

"It was below average, if you are a big fan of the original story and a big superman fan then chances are you won't like it to be honest, I went to see it and within 5 mind of leaving the cinema I have picked apart the entire story, it was the one film I was truly looking forward to for the last 2 tears and now I'm a broken man lol

disagree with this, if you are a true superman fan you will love this film, its different to the days of christopher reeve but its a credit to the superman collection, much better than superman returns."

By *lanwoodMan  over a year ago

Alton

I saw it in 3D. I don't know if its just me, but I only really notice the 3D effect at the very beginning of films. After a while it seems to wear off and you don't notice it. So, if you don't see it in 3D, I don't think you'll miss much.

ashby de la zouch

"Dark ? Superman 3 was darker , jj in the old films was darker , Lois in the old films was darker with more bite , it was not dark it was humourless , it had a couple of moments , for example when Kevin cost dies but apart from spectacular cgi fight scenes it was pretty bland . The frightened child actor had more charisma than the adult

It was ok had its moments of great potential which were so short i can't quite remember them

Lol are you serious ?? How can you say superman 3 was darker when it had richard pryor, a ridculously camp robert vaughn and a comedy value of about 1000 ??

Lol i really struggle to see any darkness in that !"

Yes and a bad super man who drinks and straightens the leaning tower , very good point it's was not so dark yet still darker than this new offering

As I say having humour does not mean it can't be dark and just removing humour does not make a story dark , dark is touching the inner demons , sometimes crossing a line , being upset that he killed zod was not dark not sensitive not anything meaningful really

Now if he had had sex with zods foxy hench woman or even Lois that would have been darker , or to cheat at something

ashby de la zouch

Did anyone watch it in 3d, is it worth it?

I saw it in 3D. I don't know if its just me, but I only really notice the 3D effect at the very beginning of films. After a while it seems to wear off and you don't notice it. So, if you don't see it in 3D, I don't think you'll miss much."

Im a huge Superman fan and i loved it. Most people who love Superman and moan about the film, forget we live in a different time now, if characters dont change slightly then its not going to work.

He may have bee emotionless in it but where were the scenes for him, as a boy he was kept away from everyone, growing up without friends, if you did, im pretty sure you would too. His an alien so he may not react the same as we do anyway.

As for the ending, they had done a different one where a certain someone goes into the device at the end as well but audiences didnt like it.

Yes he breaks his one rule but its how they gave him no choice and from there, he will make that rule for himself.

It is unlikely that I would buy MOS when it comes out on DVD.

However, if I do, it is because I want to count how many times bodies are repeatedly tossed through buildings and slid across concrete floors/roads during the unimaginative fight scenes.

I guess it is easier to pour money into CGIs whereas decent dialogues and a good script are much harder to come by these days!

One cannot describe the dialogues as sparkling, it is certainly no Casablanca or Some Like It Hot!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"any good"

Pointless! An amalgamation of the Christopher Reeve films without the warmth and humour, dark, violent and VERY LOUD!!!

Superman is hot though!

London

"if you like plenty of action and fighting and special effects you'll love it. it just gave me a headache."

I thought I was getting hold! It gave me a headache too!

London

Saw it in 3d...allegedly.

London

"We went to see it last night. It was alright... not as good as I thought it was going to be. I preferred the tv shoe! Was mostly big over-the-top fight scenes. And it was LOUD. I must be getting old!

Oh, but Henry Cavill is HOT!"

Snap!!!

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

It was ok, no st or im....worst blockbuster of the year

London

"if you like plenty of action and fighting and special effects you'll love it. it just gave me a headache.

I thought I was getting hold! It gave me a headache too! "

*old

"Lol well i loved it and thought it was EPIC

Ill have to agree I seen it twice now its awesome "

Ditto!!!! Love it. Refreshing approach. Weren't so on how he met Lois and started at Daily Planet but loved the fact that more basis was put in Krypton and what happened rather than on Clark's early childhood.

Amazing special effects. Great ass kicking.

Though if you see it at Imax in 3d sit a couple of rows back than you think prefect as you feel like you are in the screen.

i actually prefer the superman returns, would watch that more than once..as for this superman...nope

the only thing I liked was the good laser eye effects

I wasnt too keen on the world eater, or the science behind the black hole stuff

and of course the zod fight(no spoiler attached), really did suck, leaving me to think why hadnt he done that before..or more importantly why had zod n minions not done it

Oh...and!(finally)

top army woman asks what terraforming is...DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I too prefer Superman Returns to MOS!

"Agree about Henry Cavill being hot, however time will tell if he is going to be a good actor, as I found him very wooden in MOS. "

Yeah I thought that too... but he was pretty good in The Tudors... although I guess anyone would look un-wooden next to Jonathon Rhys Meyers!

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

saw star treck in 3d imax i thought it was awesome,so am now going to see iron man in 3d imax next week cant wait

"any good"

Saw it last night in 3d at the imax waterloo

9out10

No morBe said

I prefer my super hero to be fallible, here he is almost annoyingly perfec

Cinematography and sfx are genius

Enjoy x

SPOILER ALERT

Those who complain about the ending with him killing Zod, breaking his rule obviously dont remember Superman 2.

Zod etc all lost their powers making them human and yet Superman still kills them even though they were no threat any longer.

Tho there are cuts of the film where they were taken to prison.

» Add a new message to this topic