FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would You Still FAB If You Had To Pay To Be A Member?

Would You Still FAB If You Had To Pay To Be A Member?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/06/13 22:25:16]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Possibly not, as I only tend to use it for the forum now.

I'll try again - an 'EDIT' button would be wonderful on this forum !!

Random thought - would you still be a member of FAB if you had to PAY to be so?

Personally - yes. I'm currently a Silver member so therefore I pay (fiver or something like that).

If you HAD to pay a fiver, do you think it may stop a lot of the idiots? Think it might be a possibility.

Recently we have had warnings about scammers registering. There have been a lot of so called 'single women' register lately in my area who on contact request you call their premium number, look at 'their' site, etc. Admin are pretty good at catching them and most disappear after a day BUT it must be a lot of work.

Would a fiver each stop a lot of this?

If nothing else, it would do away with the need for people to keep putting 'run out of messages' in their status!

Any thoughts?

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I already do pay.

Been swinging many years from experience fakes and scammers can access fab just because its a free site does not mean fakes do not have money to create a fake account xx

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

no I wouldn't pay .. im not interested in who has looked at our profile or anything else so I don't see the point

Paying to use the site would prevent the fake profiles being posted however Fab wants to remain free for all.

Personally I do support the site by paying every so often as I think it is a good site that must require a lot of work to keep it running.

I think it should be a matter of choice however.

It wouldn't stop the idiots with money.

...and there are a lot of those.

A scammer will pay the £5 they will make a whole lot more for a small investment.

If your in doubt about anyone tell them to phone you if its scammer they won't bother.

Let me tell you something..

If this site was mine, I'd be charging.

£10 per month per user/couples still pay as separate entities meaning £10 each.

There are approx 16K people logged in at any one time, that's just what we can see logged in at the same specific time as we are...

Just based purely on that logic 16K X £10 per month...well you know, you do the math on that one.

I think it's admirable what the owners have allowed and maybe they don't get enough credit for that, plus the modding/running of a site as big as this..but seriously, flat out, if I owned the place, that's what I'd do.

I'd charge.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Been on pay sites - still get timewasters, fakes and scammers.

Fakes and time wasters also have access to money.

"Fakes and time wasters also have access to money. "

But they are less likley to spend it on here!

No I would choose not to as would many others I suspect. For a compulsory pay to use site I would expect a lot more and less reliance on volunteers and more support and questions answered when they are submitted via the appropriate channels which currently seems to be absent.

It's the best site around with widest choice - worth every penny I currently pay

imagine it like this, my theory:

a well known site charges quite a bit...basically just to be able to view a profile and or send messages.

now the site gets many paying members, a good few are real people of course...but think of it this way... the fakes?the timewasters?-if they arent men, they are bots

now for the bots, its essentially a marketing ploy...whether the site itself has connections with the thirdparty bot maker I dunno...but if they are getting a cut for advertising the fake profile on the site, u can imagine the money the company that takes users to their paypercam site may get from men(the main users)that are happy to get some cam action.

soo my point?

£5 or £30 or £100 to subscribe to a sex website will not stop fakes n timewasters

it would ruin the main aspect of fab, which is real people meeting others for sex/fun..and for FREE!

weirdly tho..I do wonder why people can complain at something that is essentially free(even just to perv around ffs)

"Fakes and time wasters also have access to money.

But they are less likley to spend it on here!"

Evidently not.

Ad a Silver supporter I enjoy my web pages advert free.... The ridiculously small amount for this service is what the owners request for all of the administration and RnD they put in on pur behalf so that we may swing, basicallyfred gratis, with other like minded people....

This is a swingers site, not a sex site where sex is exchanged for financial gain....

Higher costs would not prevent non swingers, and until the owners need more capital to maintain the high quality they provide today, there is no call for the users to raise tariffs....

Keep up the great work admin, we're here if you need us.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I'll try again - an 'EDIT' button would be wonderful on this forum !!

Personally - yes. I'm currently a Silver member so therefore I pay (fiver or something like that).

If you HAD to pay a fiver, do you think it may stop a lot of the idiots? Think it might be a possibility.

Recently we have had warnings about scammers registering. There have been a lot of so called 'single women' register lately in my area who on contact request you call their premium number, look at 'their' site, etc. Admin are pretty good at catching them and most disappear after a day BUT it must be a lot of work.

If nothing else, it would do away with the need for people to keep putting 'run out of messages' in their status!

Any thoughts?"

Scammers, timewasters et al have money too!

I'm on several paid sites, and guess what the number one beef is?

Would I stay if I had to pay? No!

"Ad a Silver supporter I enjoy my web pages advert free.... The ridiculously small amount for this service is what the owners request for all of the administration and RnD they put in on pur behalf so that we may swing, basicallyfred gratis, with other like minded people....

This is a swingers site, not a sex site where sex is exchanged for financial gain....

Higher costs would not prevent non swingers, and until the owners need more capital to maintain the high quality they provide today, there is no call for the users to raise tariffs....

Keep up the great work admin, we're here if you need us. "

looks like someones fishing for gold membership...whatta suckup!!!!!

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Any thoughts?"

Making people pay would not stop idiots, scammers, timewasters,etc.

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Been on pay sites and it doesn't stop the fakes and scammers......it's amazing how many American apple pie college girl types actually live in nigeria, i had no idea

yes i wud and if there is any sites out there pm me x

"Been swinging many years from experience fakes and scammers can access fab just because its a free site does not mean fakes do not have money to create a fake account xx"

For many years ( and still have accounts) I was on other paid sites... The number of guys that would pay £65 or more to still waste time or just look at photos was huge...

so it makes little difference..

There is a preview message button, perhaps you should have used that first

No it wouldn't make any difference to the idiots, timewasters nor status updates

"Been on pay sites - still get timewasters, fakes and scammers."

If not more so!

We subscribe to support the site not so much for the extra features, it's a good site overall and we seem to be able to swerve the idiots in the main

"Let me tell you something..

There are approx 16K people logged in at any one time, that's just what we can see logged in at the same specific time as we are...

Just based purely on that logic 16K X £10 per month...well you know, you do the math on that one.

I think it's admirable what the owners have allowed and maybe they don't get enough credit for that, plus the modding/running of a site as big as this..but seriously, flat out, if I owned the place, that's what I'd do.

I'd charge.

"

That would count some of us that are genuine out as we cannot all afford to pay £10 per month paying off debts come first

Before I met Ruby, I was on another site as a single guy where the joining fee was over £100 for the first MONTH.

Guess what - they still got fakes. A lot less admittedly, but they still got them.

Some 'people' will pay anything to be able to wind others up with their nasty little games.... just have to get cleverer than they are and expose them.

ted.

A fiver is nothing to pay, incredible value for a site that offers so lot more than ones which charge £30 A month.

But nothing will stop scammers, but maybe it will deter timewasters

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

In my experience on pay sites the ladies have a really tough time.

A lot of the guys feel that "I have spent all this money I deserve a shag off you"

and can get quite nasty when turned down

"Ad a Silver supporter I enjoy my web pages advert free.... The ridiculously small amount for this service is what the owners request for all of the administration and RnD they put in on pur behalf so that we may swing, basicallyfred gratis, with other like minded people....

Keep up the great work admin, we're here if you need us.

looks like someones fishing for gold membership...whatta suckup!!!!! "

Ohhhh... Trust me..... The ladies know what I suck like.....

I already do x

Yes as I do pay

No as I don't believe you need to pay a penny on any site to have fun

Im more than happy to support the site,I love the extras you get from doing that

Forcing people to pay is needless and would'nt change ant of the usual moans and groans that you hear at the moment

We pay for silver currently, would happily pay up to 10 a month if the site had additional features ( better searches, ability to block groups etc)

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I'd be happy to pay, if I can get guarantees that I will have women knocking on my door every night

Ps, I already pay

By *av1970Man  over a year ago

Tattershall

Been on paid sites before I found this place and as others have said they are full of fakes, timewasters and scammers. Any site is the same. I am happy to pay my fiver here for the improved features to help out what is a cracking site and it is a small fee.

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

We already pay. From experience on another website that charges...much less timewasters, but that's just our opinion.

we don't mind paying as server fees and general upkeep of the web needs $$$ from somewhere.

By *ysteryboatMan  over a year ago

Brighton

certainly not. plenty of alternatives.

"We already pay. From experience on another website that charges...much less timewasters, but that's just our opinion.

we don't mind paying as server fees and general upkeep of the web needs $$$ from somewhere."

£££s are even better....

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

I'm quite happy to be a site-supporter and £5 every 60 days is good value for money.

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

I've been on here a little over a year now, I've met plenty of genuine people and only been sucked in by one dodgy profile as I use my common sense to decide whether someone is for real or not. I am a site supporter, not really for the extra features or larger photo albums but because I feel I should contribute to the site because I can but I like the fact that payment is optional so that everyone is free to enjoy it.

As has already been said, other pay sites have problems with fakes and scammers too and in general the admin on here are quick to remove any dodgy profiles once they've been reported.

Would probably go up to £5 a month, think the £10 a month someone suggested is way to much

"Paying to use the site would prevent the fake profiles being posted however Fab wants to remain free for all.

Personally I do support the site by paying every so often as I think it is a good site that must require a lot of work to keep it running.

I think it should be a matter of choice however."

We are on a couple of sites you have to pay for,one is very expensive for single guys,but lots do join:-you still get as many fakes on them as here,seems they will pay to be timewasters!

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I think if your a real gen faber , then yes paying is a good idea . But it wont stop the fake single guys saying they are either female or a couple . Easy way to show your gen is regular updates on pictures ,verifications and the good old chat on the mobile first .

"I think if your a real gen faber , then yes paying is a good idea . But it wont stop the fake single guys saying they are either female or a couple . Easy way to show your gen is regular updates on pictures ,verifications and the good old chat on the mobile first . "

on local swingers females or female halves of couples have to phone admin to show they are guenuine,it then shows on your profile that you have

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I pay ..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I'd charge.

"

if you are charging that... 120 per year...

1. you'd be the most expensive swinging site out there...

2. you'd kill off the site overnight...... no one would be here...

Any thoughts?"

Just by the by you do know there is an option to preview post before posting so you can edit it then.

Don't think I would pay anymore than I would now as I'm not meeting.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"I think if your a real gen faber , then yes paying is a good idea . But it wont stop the fake single guys saying they are either female or a couple . Easy way to show your gen is regular updates on pictures ,verifications and the good old chat on the mobile first .

on local swingers females or female halves of couples have to phone admin to show they are guenuine,it then shows on your profile that you have"

Still easy to get around..just ask a woman to ring for you! if you want to fake you'll find a away..money, asking for images and phone calls won't stop a serious faker..just the pissed up guys after the pub, who join for kicks. But what if you let them in and they then try it and become geniune swingers! We all had to start somewhere

If text messaging ect doesn't stop the idiots then how would a fiver per month (or whatever)??? Plus you can pretty easily spot the idiot & block.

There's not too many pleasures in life that are; 'virtually' free so, keep it that way!!!

Yes I would pay to be here on fab as been on some sites that cost a lot over the years and this site is far better.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I'd charge.

if you are charging that... 120 per year...

1. you'd be the most expensive swinging site out there...

2. you'd kill off the site overnight...... no one would be here..."

I would NOT spend a tenner a month to be here. what I pay is fine for the use I make of the place.

"Yes I would pay to be here on fab as been on some sites that cost a lot over the years and this site is far better."

So why change it then?

I'm not game for it, game4it!!

"I think if your a real gen faber , then yes paying is a good idea . But it wont stop the fake single guys saying they are either female or a couple . Easy way to show your gen is regular updates on pictures ,verifications and the good old chat on the mobile first .

on local swingers females or female halves of couples have to phone admin to show they are guenuine,it then shows on your profile that you have

Still easy to get around..just ask a woman to ring for you! if you want to fake you'll find a away..money, asking for images and phone calls won't stop a serious faker..just the pissed up guys after the pub, who join for kicks. But what if you let them in and they then try it and become geniune swingers! We all had to start somewhere"

If you want to take things to the extreme a real faker wanted to go the whole hog they could arrange a meet and pay a female to go in their place,easy money for a prostitute!(bit like the driving test scam that was going on a few years backaying somebody to take your place!) we were just saying that one of other sites tries to ensure couples and females are that and not guys pretending to be!

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

I'd charge.

"

By *heScotandthegirlCouple  over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

It would obviously depend how much. Given how much other sites charge a fiver a month or something is nothing and if it wont stop the scammers it might at least stop the randoms who pop on as a couple but are actually a bloke for example. It wouldnt stop them all obviously but it might reduce them considerably or make them think twice.

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

I'd charge.

"

And you'd be the proud owner of a very expensive and very empty site!

There's a simple way to avoid the fakes, use the filters provided and more importantly use your brain! Most of the dodgy profiles are easy enough to spot and if you're in any doubt at all, move on.

"Yes I would pay to be here on fab as been on some sites that cost a lot over the years and this site is far better.

So why change it then?

I'm not game for it, game4it!! "

I feel they have it right on here and not charging the single men loads , Other sites I was on men had to pay more ,, its not fair is it .

» Add a new message to this topic