FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Knives...boring thread so be aware!

Knives...boring thread so be aware!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

How do I dispose of a set of knives safely? And I mean the knife block ones, as had a new set delivered today, I don't just want to put them out in the usual rubbish, so what do I do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is there a knife bin at your local police station ?

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

Scrap metal dealers or blunt the blade. You could give them away to a charity shop if they are in fair nick

You can still put them in your wheelie bin or take them to the skip and dispose in scrap metal

"How do I dispose of a set of knives safely? And I mean the knife block ones, as had a new set delivered today, I don't just want to put them out in the usual rubbish, so what do I do? "

Scrap metal skip at the recycling centre. Alsorts of scrap metal has razor sharp edges on it not just knives so those involved are used to dealing with sharp things.

Scotland - Aberdeen

I don't drive so public recycling plants not easily available, but will try the police station idea, so thanks to all your responses x

And I have the giant bins that are uplifted by the big truck things...you know what I mean, is it illegal to dispose of them in there?

I'm not thick normally, I just don't know what you can and can not put in them

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

You can put them in your wheelie bin as long as you wrap them safely first ( roll them in cardboard and tape up)

"I don't drive so public recycling plants not easily available, but will try the police station idea, so thanks to all your responses x

And I have the giant bins that are uplifted by the big truck things...you know what I mean, is it illegal to dispose of them in there?

I'm not thick normally, I just don't know what you can and can not put in them "

don't put them in the Normal bin as they go to land fill, put them in your recycle bin if you have 1 or as.You said hand them.in.at your local police any or community police officer, who will be only to willing to have them disposed for you

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Some helpful hints and not cutting comments or sharp replies. I expect foxy has got the point now and will be able to get a handle on her problem of knife disposal.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Some helpful hints and not cutting comments or sharp replies. I expect foxy has got the point now and will be able to get a handle on her problem of knife disposal. "

Ha Bloody ha! There is always one, and it had to be you lol x

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I don't drive so public recycling plants not easily available, but will try the police station idea, so thanks to all your responses x

I'm not thick normally, I just don't know what you can and can not put in them don't put them in the Normal bin as they go to land fill, put them in your recycle bin if you have 1 or as.You said hand them.in.at your local police any or community police officer, who will be only to willing to have them disposed for you "

I will do this! So thank you! Steve, are you listening? some sensible advise, on another point, can I recycle a cat???

By * Jay69Man  over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

I'm not thick normally, I just don't know what you can and can not put in them don't put them in the Normal bin as they go to land fill, put them in your recycle bin if you have 1 or as.You said hand them.in.at your local police any or community police officer, who will be only to willing to have them disposed for you

I will do this! So thank you! Steve, are you listening? some sensible advise, on another point, can I recycle a cat??? "

Only if it's a dead cat. RSPCA take a dim view of turning live ones into hand muffs.

As would I.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"can I recycle a cat??? "

Probably not. Dead pussies normally turn into skunks

Brighton - even Hove!

Foxy, just bury the cat and plant something on top. Recycle it that way.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Foxy, just bury the cat and plant something on top. Recycle it that way. "

The cat is alive and well! Just being a complete pain in the arse! Grrrr Anyone????

I think your only option is to buy a dog as well.

Brighton - even Hove!

"Foxy, just bury the cat and plant something on top. Recycle it that way.

The cat is alive and well! Just being a complete pain in the arse! Grrrr Anyone???? "

Well, you've got some knives....

» Add a new message to this topic