FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > cats

cats

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well both our cats are in early tonight, so we are going to use this opportunity to have an early night ourselves

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atcockleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

Why did that matter aren't cats nocturnal ???

By * Jay69Man  over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

"Why did that matter aren't cats nocturnal ??? "

Mine has just gone out. She'll be back in for bedtime.

However, can an animal that regularly has 18 hours sleep out of every 24 really be called nocturnal?

leeds

We have 5 and they come alive at night lol hence why I thought they were night creatures

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mine stay out all night, if they are in when I go to bed they won't leave me alone.

leeds

"Mine stay out all night, if they are in when I go to bed they won't leave me alone. "
that's what I meant sort of lol

One of my kittens is draped round my bare shoulders like a scarf... The other kitten is hiding inside a large paper bag!!!

Bridgwater - Somerset

Mine sleeps on the bottom of the bed - usually there when I go to sleep and same place when I wake up, who knows what happens in between?

leeds

We have a cat and in the summer she uses our bedroom window as a door she jumps on the gas box onto the porch then in the window there funny things

Bridgwater - Somerset

"We have a cat and in the summer she uses our bedroom window as a door she jumps on the gas box onto the porch then in the window there funny things "

Mine does much the same, jumps from the roof of the bay window and climbs the roughcast wall coating to come in the bedroom window.

Love her to bits.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

One of mine lying with me the other is in the bathroom, they are both house cats so dontgo out

leeds

My brother had house cats that wouldn't go out

"Why did that matter aren't cats nocturnal ??? "
yes but we prefer them in a night time, we don't like getting up and finding mice running about or even worse dead ones

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

Mine are house cats, the girl is currently purring quiety in a Jabba the Hutt pose against my hip.

all mine in at night prefer to know where they are. one is 12 so rarely goes out anyway and another has poor vision in one eye after an illness last year.

as for finding mice or birds if they go out at night that doesnt really matter as mine fetch them in during day anyway.

I wanted mine to be house cats but as soon as they got a sniff of the outdoors they were off, I find voles, mice and even rabbits dotted around the garden, they bring them in now and again, I then go and get a neighbour to remove them for me! Freaks me out.

By *onghMan  over a year ago

cardiff

I keep mine in at night - I wouldn't sleep through worry if she was out! As for her hunting skills, fortunately she appears not to have mastered the art. She brings in a feather occasionally but I'm fairly certain she's just found it rather than it being the remains of something she's caught!

"all mine in at night prefer to know where they are. one is 12 so rarely goes out anyway and another has poor vision in one eye after an illness last year.

as for finding mice or birds if they go out at night that doesnt really matter as mine fetch them in during day anyway."

yes but at least you have a chance to catch them bringing them in

As for these ppl who say they are only bringing you presents, well actually I prefer jewellery, but they don't seem to grasp that no matter how much I tell them

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

My cat Bailey is my life

Ive never had a cat 12 years before

He goes out at night and then sleeps on setee or in his bed all day

He soon lets me know when he is hungry and also which brands he doesnt like..(snob)

I will be lost if and when its time for him to leave.can u tell Im a cat lover

I'm keeping my kittens in to try and create house cats, but i'm getting the feeling they want to be outside

I say this as they keep planning a 'great escape' every time i open the door!

When i let them out in the garden with me and Obi the other day they kept climbing up onto the fence or shed roof then cry because they were stuck!!

"One of mine lying with me the other is in the bathroom, they are both house cats so dontgo out"

Oohhh isnt that a tad harsh.....cats need outdoors surely, its instinct??

One of mine is now lying on me having some cuddles

"He soon lets me know when he is hungry and also which brands he doesnt like..(snob)

"

lol sounds just like my 12yr old cat first cross siamese and will only eat a one brand that wilkos do which isnt a cheap one or IAMS

Gosport

Over the years there have been enough reports of cats fixating on collecting various strange things including kids toys and underwear so you may yet get lucky. If you really want shiny stuff collected for you you need to consider some pet magpies though.

just home and my wee baby purred n cuddled in..then fell asleep on a magazine...weirdo!

Gosport

Whats the sitting on papers thing, my tom is obsessed with it even to the extent of stealing papers to sit on them somewhere more to his choice.

"Whats the sitting on papers thing, my tom is obsessed with it even to the extent of stealing papers to sit on them somewhere more to his choice."

when you are reading the paper you are not paying enough attention to the cat. he will associate the paper with this and steal so you cant.

My sister has cousins to our cars and only lives a few doors away, and she is always saying will you cats eat this as mine won't, I laff later when over pops her cat to ours and scoffs the food she says he won't eat

Would not have a cat for anything.

"Would not have a cat for anything."
well that's your choice

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"One of mine lying with me the other is in the bathroom, they are both house cats so dontgo out

Oohhh isnt that a tad harsh.....cats need outdoors surely, its instinct?? "

they don't need to be stolen though, my girl was an outside cat and people kept trying to keep her. The boy has never been out since he was born, I've only acquired him a few weeks ago

"One of mine lying with me the other is in the bathroom, they are both house cats so dontgo out

Oohhh isnt that a tad harsh.....cats need outdoors surely, its instinct?? "

depends entirely on the cat some prefer indoors my 12yr def does. if shes outside she cant sit on me to nick my heat lol

One of our cats steals everything and anything - his list of "spoils" include a hairbrush, a sock, a pair of scissors, a wallet (sadly empty) and just last week the little girl from over the road knocked on our door and asked ever so politely for her pencil case back, which Bumble had just pinched from her when she was doing her homework out in the garden. We gave it back and apologised for the teeth-marks

I have a cat that thinks she is a hoover, eats all the bits that end up on the carpet. Doesn't matter what it is, down it goes.

"One of our cats steals everything and anything - his list of "spoils" include a hairbrush, a sock, a pair of scissors, a wallet (sadly empty) and just last week the little girl from over the road knocked on our door and asked ever so politely for her pencil case back, which Bumble had just pinched from her when she was doing her homework out in the garden. We gave it back and apologised for the teeth-marks "
pmsl

My cat sleeps beside me in bed snd takes up most of the room lol but I dnt have to fight her for the duvet thats one thing I guess but shes in all night too xx

talking of stealing my favourite is my sisters cat who once stole someones sunday roast it was still steaming when she came in with it. i can only imagine the convo in that house when they came back nto kitchen and the roast had gone.

"talking of stealing my favourite is my sisters cat who once stole someones sunday roast it was still steaming when she came in with it. i can only imagine the convo in that house when they came back nto kitchen and the roast had gone."

» Add a new message to this topic