FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > iphone

iphone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ot - Couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I was thinking of upgrading my contract to an Apple iphone in march. Does anyone have one and what do they think of them? Any problems with them?

Philip

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have had an iPhone since september and love it. Would recommend it to everyone. Haven't had any problems with it at all, but the battery life isn't that brilliant. My only issue with it is that i can't use my music to set as ringtones or text alerts as you can with most other mobile phones.

Also big prob with deleting piks that have not been taken with iphone...Had to reboot phone from start to get rid of some naughty stuff...Doh!

Great phone and apps are brill..

"I was thinking of upgrading my contract to an Apple iphone in march. Does anyone have one and what do they think of them? Any problems with them?

Philip"

just be careful with pics if someone sends u one it comes straight on to ur phone ...my friend was showing his mum his new I-phone .........OMG youve guessed what happened havnt you ! and she thought he was such a good boy !!

Friends have them and they are feckin outstanding.

I have the poor relation, the Nokia 8500 Music Express, cracking phone but I would swap in a heartbeat if it was not for my 18 month contract with T feckin Mobile who do not do the I Phone, Grrrrrrrrrrr

Glasgow

My previous phone was a SE905 with brilliant 8.1mp camera and electroic flash, face detection and all the other extras you find with digital cameras.

After 9 months the phone kept freezing and was sent away 3 times for repairs and came back with the keypad broken so had to go to trading standards to get a diffrent model of phone and now have a SEW995 walkman phone which sometimes has the same problems so thats why i would like a diffrent make.

"I have had an iPhone since september and love it. Would recommend it to everyone. Haven't had any problems with it at all, but the battery life isn't that brilliant. My only issue with it is that i can't use my music to set as ringtones or text alerts as you can with most other mobile phones.

"

Go to google, type in mp3 to mr4 convert. this piece of kit converts your mps to be used on the Iphone. open the file by double clicking on it, if you have itunes of course and you can play the files as your ring tones.

I got an Iphone before Chritsmas. Got lots of apps and now happy I can have my ruingtones back I had on my old phone. Had a sony ericcson C902 before the iphone, now thats a good phone. Just a kid and love toys as such, so had to get an iphone. Still playing with it and so far so good x

Glasgow

"Also big prob with deleting piks that have not been taken with iphone...Had to reboot phone from start to get rid of some naughty stuff...Doh!

Great phone and apps are brill.. "

Whats the qaulity of the camera like?

By *illyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

iPhone - i'm on it now

the stuff it does it does great, like surfing fabswingers. The stuff it doesn't do is what pisses me off, can't Bluetooth stuff etc and everything is through iTunes , but I do love it

Thanks very much for the info will try that. I have downloaded some to use as ringtones but it wont allow me to use them, not sure why tho, lol

Glasgow

"iPhone - i'm on it now

the stuff it does it does great, like surfing fabswingers. The stuff it doesn't do is what pisses me off, can't Bluetooth stuff etc and everything is through iTunes , but I do love it "

That means you cant use it hands free in the car?

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"My previous phone was a SE905 with brilliant 8.1mp camera and electroic flash, face detection and all the other extras you find with digital cameras.

After 9 months the phone kept freezing and was sent away 3 times for repairs and came back with the keypad broken so had to go to trading standards to get a diffrent model of phone and now have a SEW995 walkman phone which sometimes has the same problems so thats why i would like a diffrent make. "

Please excuse my total ignorance, but what's "face detection" and why do i want it??

Glasgow

"My previous phone was a SE905 with brilliant 8.1mp camera and electroic flash, face detection and all the other extras you find with digital cameras.

After 9 months the phone kept freezing and was sent away 3 times for repairs and came back with the keypad broken so had to go to trading standards to get a diffrent model of phone and now have a SEW995 walkman phone which sometimes has the same problems so thats why i would like a diffrent make.

Please excuse my total ignorance, but what's "face detection" and why do i want it??

"

Face detection brings out peoples faces brighter and clearer than a standard digital camera without it.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 22/01/10 18:24:52]

evesham

"I have had an iPhone since september and love it. Would recommend it to everyone. Haven't had any problems with it at all, but the battery life isn't that brilliant. My only issue with it is that i can't use my music to set as ringtones or text alerts as you can with most other mobile phones.

Go to google, type in mp3 to mr4 convert. this piece of kit converts your mps to be used on the Iphone. open the file by double clicking on it, if you have itunes of course and you can play the files as your ring tones.

I got an Iphone before Chritsmas. Got lots of apps and now happy I can have my ruingtones back I had on my old phone. Had a sony ericcson C902 before the iphone, now thats a good phone. Just a kid and love toys as such, so had to get an iphone. Still playing with it and so far so good x"

or download something called iRinger.net

you can import songs from your library and select the 30 or 40 second (cant remember how long it is lol) bit that you want to use as your ringtone, click on export and then just sync it woth your phone - free simple easy!!!

one big tip GET INSURANCE!!! i didnt and i lost it so now am using a crappy n70 till i work out a way of getting a new one cos once you have an iPhone you can never ever go back!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

So, to sum up - it's perfect, except for

The battery life

Crap ringtones

No bluetooth

Ties to itunes

When the people lauding it are posting such deficiancies there must be something wrong.

Personally, I like my Blackberry, which overcomes all of the above, handles email better than any other phone, and doesn't cost the earth.

evesham

"So, to sum up - it's perfect, except for

The battery life

Crap ringtones

No bluetooth

Ties to itunes

When the people lauding it are posting such deficiancies there must be something wrong.

Personally, I like my Blackberry, which overcomes all of the above, handles email better than any other phone, and doesn't cost the earth.

"

yeah but can you programme your sky to record things even when you are not at home or use it as a spirit level to put up shelves????

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Face detection brings out peoples faces brighter and clearer than a standard digital camera without it."

Thank God for that.

I thought it was some new app where the bloody thing recognised people....

....just because i'm paranoid, it doesnt mean they're not out to get me!

I have had mine since November 2007 so it's the first generation.

I have to say it is simply the best fone I have ever had.

Speaking as a techno phobe here I only use my fone very simply .... but you can do almost anything with this fone it's simple to use the camera is great the music is great and you dont just have to use I tunes will let you kow more on that at a later date.

In my opinion this is THE best fone out there but that is my opinion take it check it out and see what you think if you are not happy with it take it back and swap it which is exactly what a friend of mine did she had a Blackberry and found it to hard to work took it back and is now waiting or her new I fone.

"

Try audiko.net, you just select the sample you want and it downloads in seconds which you then just drag and drop into the ringtone section of iTunes.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I was thinking of upgrading my contract to an Apple iphone in march. Does anyone have one and what do they think of them? Any problems with them?

Philip"

I have to say I sold out to the almighty mobile phone god that is the iPhone in november when they finally came out on orange

I was debating whether to get one... all my friend on O2 said do it... I gave in...

Love it!!!!

the only bad thing I have found with it so far is that the battery isn't the best... but that is because you will always been fiddling around on it!!! and it doesn't work well at my mums house... but that is rural essex....

other than that.... no problems at all... if you are going to do it get a 3gs rather than a 3g... I have the 16gb 3gs and it works more than good enough for me....

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 23/01/10 01:33:44]

Newcastle and Gateshead

right... been sleeping on the info I deleted right after I posted it... And since I sent 2bonks the info I think it is only fair for other people to know...

re.... iPhones on T-Mobile......

you CAN get them... but only from T-mobile and they will only give you one if you threaten to leave at the end of the contract...

so if you have been with them for at least 18 month... and your call spend over that time is over 1200-1500 pounds.... try them... see what they say....

there, go at them!!!!!

had an iphone but sent it back because altho the apps are good as an actual phone its useles, i now have an old sony phone and a ipod touch for music etc

got mine with o2 last year and its over hyped if i am honest. A good toy but not the best phone and it is meant to be a phone isn't it!

I have the iphone and i love it

the best thing is the customer service though

apple have replaced mine with no quibble twice - and transfered all info over for me

i think the new Palm phone is a great alternative if apple doesnt turn you on

Glasgow

Does the bluetooth work with a handsfree in the car?

absolutely

be careful though if you want to blue tooth via your built in package in the car then some cars software arent up to date enough with the iphone and wont work

check it out before you buy one or get a blue tooth kit fitted that is compatable

I have used the Iphone with bluetooth in my works motor using the parrot hands free kit

[Removed by poster at 23/01/10 18:13:15]

Glasgow

Ok ive made up my mind im going to go for the iphone when my contract is up.

Thanks to everyone for your comments!

I use mine to call people

lol i never thought of calling people on it!!

evesham

"I use mine to call people"

oh thats so last century lol

"I use mine to call people"

Theres an App for that?

» Add a new message to this topic