FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Forum Discontent - Blank or Beer?

Forum Discontent - Blank or Beer?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This little conundrum was prompted by a couple of threads recently started by a few folk who suggested a cease fire would be a good idea in the forums.

Not so sure a cease fire is actually required so long as we all act within the rules and refrain from getting personal, but that’s only my humble opinion.

With the above in mind we know that Madchick does an outstanding job organising charity events which are well attended by a broad cross section of regular forumites. If you had crossed swords via the keyboard with someone on here and you were both attending one of these events would you

a. Think life's way to short for a childish grudge, look to at least shake hands or agree to disagree but hope you could sit down over a beer or two and put the world to rights

b. Say hi and share a non committal chat, even if only briefly, just to see if the opinion you had formed was accurate or not and take it from there

c. Totally blank the person, to the point of deliberately avoiding any eye contact and leaving the room each time they entered

d. Because you took the sword crossing was so badly you look to facially reconstruct your nemesis

For us choice a gets the vote every time as it’s simply how we are but I am interested in what other folks thoughts on the matter are

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT - PLEASE ADHERE TO THEM!!!

1. Keep all names, places, times and locations out of your answers. Not looking for a war just some personal opinions.

2. Madchick’s bashes are only mentioned as it fits with the question I am asking

3. Anyone who thinks “is he aiming this at me”, think again, he’s not

4. If what I describe has already happened to you then pretty please see rule 1 and stick to it

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

wheres a mute smiley when you need 1

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

as i said on earlier post as much as a gobby cow that i am i would sit down and have a chat if i still thought they were a prat afterwards i would walk away but still awknowledge their presence if our paths crossed again!!

in the world there are twats its how you deal with them that shows the person you are!! xx

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

i would fuck um up with a kick to the head

Would love to say a, but being realistic it would probably be option d, hence why we now steer clear of socials in general.

Don’t judge us on that response, we’re really a friendly relaxed couple at heart, but in all honesty there is just too much jealousy, bitching and backstabbing goes on in this lifestyle, you only have to read the forums and nosey in chat to see this, small digs flying around, people blocking other people because they are friends with or have spoke to/met someone they don’t like, the list goes on…. and on….

Prefer things to be fun this end thanks

as I said on an earlier

sadly all 4....

altho I favour option 1 but option 4 appeals to me in a few cases.

I have totally ignored when I was in this situation

Oh I did wanna smack someone in the face

But I didn't because its not anything I have ever done to anyone

But I bet it would feel good for a nanosecond

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

i tend to ignore, if i just am not sure about someone i will prob say hi n leave it at that,

if its someone who i know really does not like me, i will go and have a long old smiling happy chat with them to piss um off

cos i am nice like that

By *aravancoupleMan  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

Life is to short to hold grudge we would like to kiss and make up as soon as possible over a few beer's.

Hmmmmm, interesting,

As everyone knows there are some who have an "internet personality" which can be very different from the real personality, they can post things for varied reasons, they want to be confrontational ( just to be noticed) , they want to appear popular or even less popular ( hoping for sympathy) ,they want to appear sexier/more attractive/intelligent etc.

I have seen some posts saying they were pleasantly surprised by some when they met in real life, also some say they were disappointed when confronted with reality.

Even the ones who try to "hide" behind a keyboard personality tend to give themselves away over a period of time, the type of post,the way they react, them common themes of posts replied to ( or even the ones ignored) can give an impression of the underlying personality, there are occassions when a regular poster posts and we guess what the post is going to be about ( or at least the views expressed) before you even read what its going to be.

So, if the question is, would I go out of my way to meet someone I felt we had less in common with rather than meeting the ones we feel we have similar views/interests then NO, I think we would probably not go out of our way to have a beer.

That doesn't mean if they were in general company we wouldn't give then the benefit of the doubt, we might be pleasantly surprised.

As for rearranging their face? assault? unlikely.

ok no facial assault but how about standin on their windpipe in 6 inch stilletos??xx

"ok no facial assault but how about standin on their windpipe in 6 inch stilletos??xx "

hehe

ok you stand on it

I'll jump up and down on ya shoulders hahaha

deal lol!!!! xxx

Diplomacy is not my strong point, however, I try and be as polite as I possibly can to everyone.

However, if people keep gunning for me because I do not agree with them, and they try and jam their opinion down my throat, then the claws will come out, and I will draw blood if provoked.

And if I don't like someone, that person will know - I make sure he/she knows! I have perfected the art of blanking!!!

Otherwise I am just a nice pussy cat!

Forum Mod

I can't remember what I put the first time this thread was posted

I think it was number 4

Seriously I would go up and say hi and take it from there,if theres not much forthcoming from there side then I will have at least tried and then leave it at that,not everyone gets on in real life and its no different in swinging

It can sometimes be hard to see where people are coming from on the forums,especially when I have to act as a mod,it does'nt always go down well,where as face to face meeting lets more of the personality shine through

"It can sometimes be hard to see where people are coming from on the forums,especially when I have to act as a mod,it does'nt always go down well,where as face to face meeting lets more of the personality shine through

"

Being an admin or mod is a thankless job, however, someone has to do it.

A big thank you to you, Rugby, Redhotcouple and s j etc., for making FAB a nice place to hang out!

Forum Mod

"It can sometimes be hard to see where people are coming from on the forums,especially when I have to act as a mod,it does'nt always go down well,where as face to face meeting lets more of the personality shine through

A big thank you to you, Rugby, Redhotcouple and s j etc., for making FAB a nice place to hang out! "

XmwahX

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

A big thank you to you, Rugby, Redhotcouple and s j etc., for making FAB a nice place to hang out!

XmwahX "

I'll agree with that sentiment...... 'specially as I seem to spend half my life in PM to you, apologising

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

In an ideal world, a definate "A".

However, it depends on the other person, if they arent willing, then its a "B", and take it from there.

OK, a grudginly "B".

"For some people ........

Definately a C..... but without me leaving the room.

I don't like them, they may not like me, so what..... I won't leave a room for anyone!"

I was going to say "C", however, I seldom blank peeps, except those I really do not like, and I can count them with one hand!

I would not accept any drinks/food/favours from peeps I do not like - it is a matter of principle.

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Life's definitely too short. I hate arguments or fall outs, would always make a pont of being friendly. Forgive and forget, unless it was something extremely serious.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"This little conundrum was prompted by a couple of threads recently started by a few folk who suggested a cease fire would be a good idea in the forums.

Not so sure a cease fire is actually required so long as we all act within the rules and refrain from getting personal, but that’s only my humble opinion.

With the above in mind we know that Madchick does an outstanding job organising charity events which are well attended by a broad cross section of regular forumites. If you had crossed swords via the keyboard with someone on here and you were both attending one of these events would you

a. Think life's way to short for a childish grudge, look to at least shake hands or agree to disagree but hope you could sit down over a beer or two and put the world to rights

b. Say hi and share a non committal chat, even if only briefly, just to see if the opinion you had formed was accurate or not and take it from there

c. Totally blank the person, to the point of deliberately avoiding any eye contact and leaving the room each time they entered

d. Because you took the sword crossing was so badly you look to facially reconstruct your nemesis

For us choice a gets the vote every time as it’s simply how we are but I am interested in what other folks thoughts on the matter are

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT - PLEASE ADHERE TO THEM!!!

1. Keep all names, places, times and locations out of your answers. Not looking for a war just some personal opinions.

2. Madchick’s bashes are only mentioned as it fits with the question I am asking

3. Anyone who thinks “is he aiming this at me”, think again, he’s not

4. If what I describe has already happened to you then pretty please see rule 1 and stick to it

"

very interesting post two bonks.....but not all cases are the same.....we all have our different views on how each of us would handle stuff....but taking shit off people is not my style

c

c

c

c

c

jeez

if they dont like mme

its tough

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Lmao looks like a “is it safe to come out thread” Guess it all depends on how you went about upsetting someone in the first place and how much malice was involved as to how they will react to you.

well as a newbie on here I dont think I have pissed anyone off yet !!!!

But as I never ever piss anyone off coz I am so fuckin nice and you will all see at the social lol !!! then if you have a problem with me then I will buy you a drink steal your wallet to pay for it and then steal your rings and watch when I shake your hand !!!!

Look forward to meeting everyone...

Andy

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If by crossing swords the OP means has disagreed within a thread… in all honest half the time I can’t remember who I’ve ‘crossed swords’ with as it’s been about the words in the post rather than the person… and it ends on the page.

I can count the number of people actually dislike as a result of what they have written on two fingers…. and no that’s not how I would greet them

a = I don’t form opinions of dislike easily and (on somewhere like a forum) they’ll have likely been objectively formed over a fair old period of time. So, no, I can’t see it being (a) as I can’t see any reason I’d want to talk to them.

b = same answer as (a). I’ve seen far too many people walk up to someone, say “Hi it’s nice to see you” (for appearances sake) and then slag them off as soon as they walk away… I can’t be arsed with all that two-faced pretending malarkey.

c = close… but I wouldn’t feel the need to leave the room. I am quite capable of standing next to someone I know I don’t want to interact with without it causing me any discomfort. I find it quite easy to overlook the fact they are even there.

d = it’s a pretty sad state of affairs if that is the case…. but if it were another person opting for (d) they’d better make the first one count

Can I have option (e)… they just wouldn’t make a blip on my radar!

"i would fuck um up with a kick to the head "

You gotta love her, aint ya.

"i would fuck um up with a kick to the head

You gotta love her, aint ya. "

If it was Kitty I’d just freak her out with a slightly out of tune transistor radio……. “the voices are coming for you”

"i would fuck um up with a kick to the head

You gotta love her, aint ya.

If it was Kitty I’d just freak her out with a slightly out of tune transistor radio……. “the voices are coming for you” "

I can picture her now, yelling at the radio, "If you dun shut it fuckface, I'm gonna fuck you up the heads!"

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"If by crossing swords the OP means has disagreed within a thread… in all honest half the time I can’t remember who I’ve ‘crossed swords’ with as it’s been about the words in the post rather than the person… and it ends on the page.

I can count the number of people actually dislike as a result of what they have written on two fingers…. and no that’s not how I would greet them

a = I don’t form opinions of dislike easily and (on somewhere like a forum) they’ll have likely been objectively formed over a fair old period of time. So, no, I can’t see it being (a) as I can’t see any reason I’d want to talk to them.

b = same answer as (a). I’ve seen far too many people walk up to someone, say “Hi it’s nice to see you” (for appearances sake) and then slag them off as soon as they walk away… I can’t be arsed with all that two-faced pretending malarkey.

c = close… but I wouldn’t feel the need to leave the room. I am quite capable of standing next to someone I know I don’t want to interact with without it causing me any discomfort. I find it quite easy to overlook the fact they are even there.

d = it’s a pretty sad state of affairs if that is the case…. but if it were another person opting for (d) they’d better make the first one count

Can I have option (e)… they just wouldn’t make a blip on my radar!

"

Maybe the op should add an E. option

BLIP

"BLIP "

Keep trying

"BLIP

Keep trying "

who said that

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 23/01/10 01:51:30]

Every now and again you just go "tick" ........

B. But not for the reason you give.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

For us it would be a, however, if other's choose to hold a grudge, then so be it, sadly, some people just cannot be reasoned with

As obtuse as the question was I asked it because we had experienced the scenario at Newport that example C described.

Bizarrely some of the most articulate folk on here act in the most childish manner but I get to smile big style when they do

I would rather be considered childish by someone I hardly know than talk to someone who plainly dislikes me and me them

Why try to be mates when you know that you will never ever like them, its beyond me

"As obtuse as the question was I asked it because we had experienced the scenario at Newport that example C described.

Bizarrely some of the most articulate folk on here act in the most childish manner but I get to smile big style when they do "

I'm sure you experienced an option (e) as well

Sometimes when you cast your bait you hope to catch a fish, it's not always going to happen, in fact you could well spend months fishing for your catch but when you hook it .....

Thank you God

"Sometimes when you cast your bait you hope to catch a fish, it's not always going to happen, in fact you could well spend months fishing for your catch but when you hook it .....

Thank you God "

Not sure who you were hoping to catch with your maggot... but I've posted in reply to you before that I knew who you were and had nothing to say to you. But I certainly didn't leave any part of the venue because you came in.

I can only assume it wasn't just me who ignored your presence.

Enjoy your fishing

What's said in the forums should stay in the forums (to a point), I don't tend to take things too seriously in these places to be honest, as words when typed can come across so different to everyone, and different to how they were meant in the first place.

If in a social kinda meet there were people there that I have crossed words with then yes I would speak with them, always good to meet for real, it's surprising how different ones opinion can be of another after meeting, been to socials before and met people I wasn't sure of, once we got chatting their posts came across differently to me.

Hell, I'd even have a beer with Mr Twobonks.

"What's said in the forums should stay in the forums (to a point), I don't tend to take things too seriously in these places to be honest, as words when typed can come across so different to everyone, and different to how they were meant in the first place.

If in a social kinda meet there were people there that I have crossed words with then yes I would speak with them, always good to meet for real, it's surprising how different ones opinion can be of another after meeting, been to socials before and met people I wasn't sure of, once we got chatting their posts came across differently to me.

Hell, I'd even have a beer with Mr Twobonks. "

Most grown up and mature folk folk would

"What's said in the forums should stay in the forums (to a point), I don't tend to take things too seriously in these places to be honest, as words when typed can come across so different to everyone, and different to how they were meant in the first place.

Most grown up and mature folk folk would "

And me!!

And me!! "

You may not think it but I have always though that

And me!!

You may not think it but I have always though that"

oh gawd, now you have lost me.

And me!!

"

We verbally joust, we are grown up

And me!!

We verbally joust, we are grown up "

Exactly, when I get in the mood to extract the urine a little, I find it better to do so with those than can both take and give it back, rather than those that may feel hurt by comments that are not meant to hurt, if truth be told, I have posted before actually that I agree with much of what you say.

anyway, bedtime before I get all lovey dovey.

"

Exactly, when I get in the mood to extract the urine a little, I find it better to do so with those than can both take and give it back, rather than those that may feel hurt by comments that are not meant to hurt, if truth be told, I have posted before actually that I agree with much of what you say.

anyway, bedtime before I get all lovey dovey. "

I agree entirely with you and would love to swap a beer or two with you at some time

"

"

It's only what most grown up folk would naturally do

[Removed by poster at 23/01/10 23:30:52]

"I would rather be considered childish by someone I hardly know than talk to someone who plainly dislikes me and me them

Why try to be mates when you know that you will never ever like them, its beyond me

"

This thread was not aimed at you ever ever ever ever, it's not how I do my business

If I was going to be on your case it would be a public thing