FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Survival?

Survival?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Whats your experiance?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Getting divorced and then making it on my own!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

errr loads of survival courses during 13 years in the army, I like to think I am pretty good at it

After all we are all good at at least one thing in our lives

I'm like a fish out of water without a modern day supermarket to stock up from. I'd be crap at hunting and prepping my own food but at a push I guess I'd learn pretty fast if it meant eating or starving.

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

some people dont know the meaning of survial

"Getting divorced and then making it on my own!! "

So bloody true !

By *rouble and strifeCouple  over a year ago

Nr Glasgow

"some people dont know the meaning of survial "
what does survial mean????

Forum Mod

Eating food and drinking water has got me this far

Ill continue to do this as I think it works

Survived my lovely being killed in a motorbike accident then cancer.... after that all else in my own life pales into insignificance for me.

"Survived my lovely being killed in a motorbike accident then cancer.... after that all else in my own life pales into insignificance for me. "

Hugs to a strong lady!

Life has been good to me so far. Touch wood!

OK, loosing my late partner to an accident was traumatic, however, I was able to get up and go relatively easily as I was financially independent.

There are many people who are much less fortunate than me. Hence I do not like to moan about anything, as life really is not that bad!

Think we all have things in our lives that until they happen we have no idea we could ever get through but somehow we manage it, I try to keep that in mind while they are going on and when I realise its true know the end must be in sight!

"Survived my lovely being killed in a motorbike accident then cancer.... after that all else in my own life pales into insignificance for me.

Hugs to a strong lady! "

Hugs back to an equally strong lady Pearl. xxx

I am fortunate in that I have always had the love for and from, my three children. It would have been so easy for me to give up on life and go 'under' but for the bond I have with them. When I say they are my life, they truly are. But for them I would not be here today. xxx

Preeclampsia - coma for three days, death of my son, lost of sight - returned after six months, divorce, daughters attempted suicide, husband's mental breakdown...

...and I'm still smiling - cliched I know, but what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger!!

"Preeclampsia - coma for three days, death of my son, lost of sight - returned after six months, divorce, daughters attempted suicide, husband's mental breakdown...

...and I'm still smiling - cliched I know, but what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger!! "

Another 'strong' sassy lady indeed xxx

being run over twice .25 yrs of marriage lol

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Stranded in a blizzard on a mountain, spent 13 hours in a snow hole.....

Half a clip (about 15 rounds) of AK47 rounds fired at me, all missed but I never want to feel bullets brush past me again....

Used to go off into the "wilderness" when I was younger for a weekend and just live off the land, taking nothing but a knife.

Self-reliance is a good set of skills to learn cos it gives you the right kind of mindset to deal with anything life throws at you.

"Stranded in a blizzard on a mountain, spent 13 hours in a snow hole.....

Half a clip (about 15 rounds) of AK47 rounds fired at me, all missed but I never want to feel bullets brush past me again....

Used to go off into the "wilderness" when I was younger for a weekend and just live off the land, taking nothing but a knife.

Self-reliance is a good set of skills to learn cos it gives you the right kind of mindset to deal with anything life throws at you. "

A blizzard on a mountain, that's nothing for you compared with taking a walk in your local park many an SAS soldier has died on your beacons.

Thankfully the worlds greatest automatic rifle is generally in the hands of those who don't know how to use them with accuracy

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

When my (now ex) husband left me with a 4 year old just after my father died, he was having an affair with my (then) 20 year old niece. Don't know how I got through that but I did and came out the other side a stonger person.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Stranded in a blizzard on a mountain, spent 13 hours in a snow hole.....

Self-reliance is a good set of skills to learn cos it gives you the right kind of mindset to deal with anything life throws at you.

A blizzard on a mountain, that's nothing for you compared with taking a walk in your local park many an SAS soldier has died on your beacons.

Thankfully the worlds greatest automatic rifle is generally in the hands of those who don't know how to use them with accuracy"

Lol, perhaps luckily for me, the guy behind the trigger was very d*unk.... but all the same those two or three heartbeats whilst waiting for the pain to kick in felt like a lifetime.

Kudos to Mikhail Kalashnikov whos design specification said that it should be field strippable by a peasant, on a flat rock, with a twig as a tool, his design has never been bettered.

well im still alive so must be doin somethin right!! xx

I take my hat off to most of the contributors on this thread..... Those who have lost loved ones, survived against the odds, and had all sorts of shit thrown at them.

My little illnesses feels insignificant now!!!! All I can say is thank goodness for antibiotics and the NHS!

Gangrene of the appendix and then a little over a year later, meningococcal meningitis septecaemia were a doddle compared to some of the trauma you have suffered.

I count myself bloody lucky. Love to you all xx

christmas just gone on two weetabix a cup of tropican and two ibuprofen ,,, thats REAL survival ,,, at my age i have experienced the heart ache ( divorce ) the grief ( burying my two day old daughter the illnesses (diabetes for over 20 years ) the near death experiences ( land rover in front of me bombed in northern ireland ) but i think it has all shaped the person that i have become ,,, i do though tend to cock a snoop at life in general ,,, when ya times up its up ,,, no amount of pppppp's will save ya

jeeze ,,, just read that ,,, no wonder i live alone ,,, i,m fuckin jinxed

Oh blimey....

son nearly dying of septacemia.

Myself nearly dying of it too.

Losing mom, dad and aunt of cancer and now four other relatives are dying with it .

ALong with my lovely sister.

And my son embroiled in a religious cult in the usa and havent seen him for 5 years.

Yet still we go on.we have to.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I've never really thought of myself as being a survivor - but I suppose I am - terrible childhood - abusive first marriage - nearly died in child birth then rushed back in a month later with complications, nursed mum through cancer (she was an alcoholic as well all my life) but lost her to it, could go on but why as it's all in the past - hardship can make you a better person, I have got to a stage in my life when I am actually really happy. I try to be a nice person and look after others where I can and I think some aspects of my past although very painful were character forming. Z

finger licking good

Survival............ is living with my good looks, its a hard life for me haha

"Survival............ is living with my good looks, its a hard life for me haha"

I'm with you Kitty. Trying to spend all this money! It's a killer ....

finger licking good

"Survival............ is living with my good looks, its a hard life for me haha

I'm with you Kitty. Trying to spend all this money! It's a killer .... "

man what hard life's we lead, me with my looks u with the cash we should hook up and go group therepy to help us though our hard life.

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

[Removed by poster at 24/01/10 17:40:20]

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Think at the end of the day - what ever life throws at us - we have to remember that there are people worse off.

My mate teases me as she has never met anyone with so much bad luck - and even her mum tells me if i didnt have bad luck i would have no luck at all....

BUT

despite recent woes - i am well (physically at least!!)) and ok.

Unlike them uncovering the dead in Haite for example.

There is no doubt that a lot of members have had some bad times (putting it mildly) there is no doubt that other members have had worse things happen but they are not mentioned here, there is no doubt that people around the world are still having bad times and will do so for a long time to come, some far worse than even the bad things here and they are bad enough.

BUT

Have any of these things specifically turned out to be a life turning corner for you ? have they made you a better or stronger person ? have they in hindsight been a good thing in the end ?

I am sure many haven't but I am also sure that once in a while something which makes you think you were better off out of it has in time turned out to be a good thing.

Something bad happened to me once, I thought it was bad back then, I thought things would never get better and that it was the worst experience of my life, 28 years on I have come to realise it was actually the best thing that ever happened to me

There is always someone worse off and thats wot we should all remember

what a lot of brave peeps you all are ,,i must not know what life is about ,,or am i just lucky

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"There is always someone worse off and thats wot we should all remember "

Yes definitely, we don't take anything for granted and count our blessings. Z

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Many years ago we lived in a neighbourhood where a minority of thugs had an objection to homosexuality, this resulted in graffiti over external walls / our cars vandalised / bricks, stones through our windows, threats of violence, during this episode of terror there was no legislation / agencies / police to turn to for protection / assistance, this was a very difficult & testing time for us, we eventually managed to sell the property, move on, and put it behind us, but at that moment in time, it sure as hell was a time for survival.

[Removed by poster at 24/01/10 19:52:37]

"There is no doubt that a lot of members have had some bad times (putting it mildly) there is no doubt that other members have had worse things happen but they are not mentioned here, there is no doubt that people around the world are still having bad times and will do so for a long time to come, some far worse than even the bad things here and they are bad enough.

BUT

Have any of these things specifically turned out to be a life turning corner for you ? have they made you a better or stronger person ? have they in hindsight been a good thing in the end ?

I am sure many haven't but I am also sure that once in a while something which makes you think you were better off out of it has in time turned out to be a good thing.

Something bad happened to me once, I thought it was bad back then, I thought things would never get better and that it was the worst experience of my life, 28 years on I have come to realise it was actually the best thing that ever happened to me "

Got divorced, career happened and took off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other shit things that have happened in my life, can't say anything good happened out of them, apart from learing to pick myself up and that life goes on........... still manage to be the half cup full rather than the half cup empty for the most part!

» Add a new message to this topic