FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > what does it mean

what does it mean

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Professional in profiles

Professional couple - professional male

Does it mean they are do this for a living ? paid to be swingers ?

Does it mean they are better than non-professional people like shelf fillers, trolley collectors, lollipop ladies, part time bar staff etc.

(sorry to those unprofessionals who are offended at getting a mention I don't think your any less important than "professionals")

Is an accountant, Doctor, fireman, Nurse, Mechanic etc likely to be any better in a meet situation ?

Curvy - what does that mean, to me it means a an hour glass figure ie boobs and hips bigger than your waist, but some some slim people describe themselves as curvy but some larger women describe themselves as curvy ?

What other profile descriptions confuse you ?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

single

but my wife doesn't understand me???

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Its the 'Professionals' that can't spell the word that gets me - looked at the people who had looked at us the last time this was discussed and came up with 4 different spellings! (hope I've got it right!)

You mean like this one we found in our "looked at me" this morning

proffetional

yes it is spelt professional,

I did think professional people might mean educated

By *rouble and strifeCouple  over a year ago

Nr Glasgow

"You mean like this one we found in our "looked at me" this morning

proffetional

yes it is spelt professional,

I did think professional people might mean educated "

its peeps with there head to far up their arses.im a carpark attendant,nothing professional about that,but i own the carpark.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can't travel, can't accommodate?

The comment, no face pic no reply, on a faceless profile?

What's that all about then?

I really don't see why a lot of people get all het up about people saying they are professional

Surely if they think they are then thats up to them

And if some folk feel inferior, surely thats hardly the prfessional's fault now is it?

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Oh I always thought they were prostitutes.

"Oh I always thought they were prostitutes. "

does that make swingers amateurs then haha

I'm not commenting on the 'professional' angle.

Confusions!

Sense of humour. Everyone demands that everyone else has one. Humour is as diverse as the individual and to fragment things further it will differ according to circumstance. We all know someone who thinks they have a great sense of humour if they 'fart' and think you are a misery if you don't find it hilarious. Others totally miss 'irony' which has others howling. I am fascinated frequently by the surreal yet others are fearful because they don't understand anything outside the remit of their own experiences and behaviours. I was going to ask what a good sense of humour is to YOU but that would hijack a thread. So .. think I'll start a new thread. x Gran x

By *ive it to usCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Professional, is a short way of putting im up my own arse. A bit like people who go to work saying their middle class! x

"Professional" to me means the person has a vocational qualification where the practitioners have to adhere to a set of code of conducts applicable to that qualification.

If they don't, they can be disciplined by their own govening body, and strip their members of their membership.

It used to be quite black and white, doctors, nurses, pharmacists etc. are professionls, whereas gas men and electricians are traders.

However, nowadays, more and more trades have their own code of conducts etc., like gas men and sparkies, the distinction is not so black and white.

I have "professional" in my profile, as I belong to the former group.

I worked hard to gain my professionl qualication, and am proud of it.

In order to gain this qualification, one must be tertiary educated at universities that offer a specific degree covering the fundamental knowledge required, before he/she can work as a trainee, then pass an exam, before he/she can be awarded the few letters that he/she can use after his/her name, in conjunction with his/her degree.

Yes, it can be perceived as being snobbish to state one is a professional.

However, what is wrong to let people know one is tertiary educated and has a professional qualification?

The level of education one received can often be deducted from the way a person speaks, writes and behaves.

However, educated people can often be pigs, and not so educated ones can be life's real gems.

At the end of the day, back to the old chestnut, each to their own.

If you read that in one's profile, if that is not to your taste, and you think he/she is being snobbish or whatever, you do not have to do anything except to move on, and accept everyone is different.

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

god how many times has this been done!!!

"god how many times has this been done!!!"

Mornin kitty lol xxx

finger licking good

"god how many times has this been done!!!

Mornin kitty lol xxx "

good morning xx

PEARL NECKLACE - thank you for answering the question, which of course was "what does it mean"

Your concise and informed answer was perfect for me, I now understand what it means and with hindsight am sure I remember that as being the case from my past (memory not so good in my old age)

Personally I do think that the knowledge required by for instance, a fireman is equal to that of the people you mention, but that I think is the progression of time, a Doctor always needed to know more than a fireman in the past but perhaps not so much these days.

LICKMEALLOVER - I am not het up over it I just wondered what they meant by it as I said I thought it had something to do with education but spelling and grammer in many profiles seemed to belie that, I have now been informed why that assumption by me was wrong.

BUBBLEANDSQUEAK

I do understand that some people cant accommodate or travel but they can still meet, I live 30 seconds from a swingers club, to say i can travel would be misleading if that was the only kind of meet I could arrange, I guess the same goes for those who use local hotels.

NAUGHTY_KITTY

Be carefull I was told off by a moderator last week for commenting on how some threads are repeated over and over again and reminded that everyone has the right to start any thread which is within the rules

Thanks all for your input

To kitty's defence, she only commented on it in a post, a lot of us do that.

However, those of us who do, seldom start a new thread complaining about repeats.

That's the difference. Simple, as the meerkat says!

finger licking good

yawwwwwwwn i dont care, its boring, u was the one going around moaning everywhere about it, practice what u preach maybe?

i aint telling u not to post it or any others but it if bores me i will say.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think 'Professional' is more a state of mind when people put it on their profiles than necessarily a statement of fact.

It's a whole subtext middle class (if such a thing exists) thing where what people are really saying, to an extent is that they live and work in a middle class environment with what would be called a 'nice' house in a 'nice street' etc etc.

All of this is of course totally subjective - nobody is going to ask you dor your qualifications as you arrive at their door. What they are really saying is they are more likely to meet people 'like them'. They're not really after a couples turning up wearing football tops with half a dozen cans of carslberg special and a tattoo of their teams starting line up on their backs....

It's a very British thing. It's got nothing to do with money, brains, ability or education. It's all to do with the way the social fabric of this country works - they want to meet people 'like' them, thats all really.

"yawwwwwwwn i dont care, its boring, u was the one going around moaning everywhere about it, practice what u preach maybe?

i aint telling u not to post it or any others but it if bores me i will say."

Everything you write bores me I just dont normally say it, I am sure you think likewise with all my posts

finger licking good

"yawwwwwwwn i dont care, its boring, u was the one going around moaning everywhere about it, practice what u preach maybe?

i aint telling u not to post it or any others but it if bores me i will say.

Everything you write bores me I just dont normally say it, I am sure you think likewise with all my posts "

dont be silly ur posts dont bore me hun, i love what u write, i can only understand simple things so am so glad u post here or would never be able to understand any post

love it

Christ ya got to admit that was bloody quick pmsl xxx

very quick, that one didn't bore me that one was funny

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

... It's all to do with the way the social fabric of this country works - they want to meet people 'like' them, thats all really.

"

That's pretty much how I see it... it's used (not necessarily accurately) to try and paint a picture in the fewest number of words.

Think used to try and attract people of similar. Maybe they have had pre drink meets and found difficult to connect conversationally.

I don't see it as 'up themselves' at all.

Just another way of trying to minimise wasting everyone's time. It won't all the time but might on occasion.

ok ok I accept that so some profiles should say professional

But how come some profiles don't say

obnoxious twats who dont wash can be a wee bit smelly and will pounce on any bit of flesh you dare to show

"ok ok I accept that so some profiles should say professional

obnoxious twats who dont wash can be a wee bit smelly and will pounce on any bit of flesh you dare to show "

oh Jedypoos

they do, they do, they do, they do, they do hahahaha

"ok ok I accept that so some profiles should say professional

obnoxious twats who dont wash can be a wee bit smelly and will pounce on any bit of flesh you dare to show "

It doesn't pay to be too provocative Jed. Just think of the mail they'd get. No time to sit in their own pee n stare out of the window.

Obnoxious people come in many forms .......

so do professionals, I bet some professionals are obnoxious too

Soooooooo easy!

Yes "professional" on profiles have been done to death so I won't make too much of a comment other than some people do appear to feel slighted by it, when no slight is intended I'm sure.

Men you say in their profiles they like the attention of both parties in a couple but state their sexual orientation as straight confuse me.

Men that have "dominant" in their profiles but contact me saying they are sub has me really scratching my head!

Oh...and "vwe" 6"!!! Sorry that's not vwe in my book!

"Oh...and "vwe" 6"!!! Sorry that's not vwe in my book! "

OMG someones been lying ta me then xxxx

Nr Glasgow

"Think used to try and attract people of similar. Maybe they have had pre drink meets and found difficult to connect conversationally.

Just another way of trying to minimise wasting everyone's time. It won't all the time but might on occasion.

"

how can they attract people of similar when there are so many definitions of the word professional

"Oh...and "vwe" 6"!!! Sorry that's not vwe in my book!

OMG someones been lying ta me then xxxx "

Lol yep...and he opened the door to me naked and the 6" - and I'm probably being generous - was fully erect!

That said I don't think I've met anyone so comfortable and confident in their own skin as well as very skilled and attentive so hey lol

"Think used to try and attract people of similar. Maybe they have had pre drink meets and found difficult to connect conversationally.

how can they attract people of similar when there are so many definitions of the word professional "

I said 'think' ... and as someone who doesnt feel the need to say professional and also, I don't message anyone.. maybe they have a deep understading than me

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"PEARL NECKLACE - thank you for answering the question, which of course was "what does it mean"

Your concise and informed answer was perfect for me, I now understand what it means and with hindsight am sure I remember that as being the case from my past (memory not so good in my old age)

Personally I do think that the knowledge required by for instance, a fireman is equal to that of the people you mention, but that I think is the progression of time, a Doctor always needed to know more than a fireman in the past but perhaps not so much these days.

LICKMEALLOVER - I am not het up over it I just wondered what they meant by it as I said I thought it had something to do with education but spelling and grammer in many profiles seemed to belie that, I have now been informed why that assumption by me was wrong.

BUBBLEANDSQUEAK

I do understand that some people cant accommodate or travel but they can still meet, I live 30 seconds from a swingers club, to say i can travel would be misleading if that was the only kind of meet I could arrange, I guess the same goes for those who use local hotels.

NAUGHTY_KITTY

Be carefull I was told off by a moderator last week for commenting on how some threads are repeated over and over again and reminded that everyone has the right to start any thread which is within the rules

Thanks all for your input

"

Just to clarify.....a moderator can have an opinion just like every other member and although I do sometimes clarify what Admin like to happen, I also speak for myself.

If you feel "told off" when I have an opinion, then I think it says more about you than me....IMO.

As you so rightly put, any subject can be started and discussed unless Admin object to it ,which is a bit ironic really if you think about it.....but carry on by all means...if someone doesn't like the thread you have startd, they don't have to read or comment on it.

And please folks, keep it clean, if you don't like someones post or how they post, ignore them.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

how can they attract people of similar when there are so many definitions of the word professional "

Just the same as phrases such as “looking to broaden horizons”… we use words and phrases as we understand them.

Nr Glasgow

how can they attract people of similar when there are so many definitions of the word professional

I said 'think' ... and as someone who doesnt feel the need to say professional and also, I don't message anyone.. maybe they have a deep understading than me

"

View, maybe if your posts were more grammatically comprehensible, I would understand what you are trying to say. Remember, I am only a car park attendant!

View, maybe if your posts were more grammatically comprehensible, I would understand what you are trying to say. Remember, I am only a car park attendant! "

'only a car park attendant' wow I would never think of myself as an 'only'... in life we all add value..

now trouble my wee darlings , we both know we dont really connect, nor did we in your previous profiles, so I offer a nice suggestion that we both move along the forums and dont try and wind each other up xxxxx

nor do I want freddie making an appearance

have a great day tho xxx

Nr Glasgow

View, maybe if your posts were more grammatically comprehensible, I would understand what you are trying to say. Remember, I am only a car park attendant!

'only a car park attendant' wow I would never think of myself as an 'only'... in life we all add value..

now trouble my wee darlings , we both know we dont really connect, nor did we in your previous profiles, so I offer a nice suggestion that we both move along the forums and dont try and wind each other up xxxxx

have a great day tho xxx"

At 6ft tall, I'm not your little darling. In fact, I could never be your little darling or big darling for that matter, as I am hetrosexual, not like yourself.

finger licking good

have a great day tho xxx

At 6ft tall, I'm not your little darling. In fact, I could never be your little darling or big darling for that matter, as I am hetrosexual, not like yourself."

whats darling gotta do with ya sexuailty?

seems someone is not as comfy with their own sexuailty as other are maybe?

have a great day tho xxx

At 6ft tall, I'm not your little darling. In fact, I could never be your little darling or big darling for that matter, as I am hetrosexual, not like yourself."

lol lol ..........

yup I am a non hetrosexual and also someone who knocked back your second profile when you wrote to me...

so on this occasion, I am someone who knocked you back xx and always will be x

now toddle on and look to cause trouble somewhere else sweetie xxx

finger licking good

have a great day tho xxx

At 6ft tall, I'm not your little darling. In fact, I could never be your little darling or big darling for that matter, as I am hetrosexual, not like yourself.

lol lol ..........

yup I am a non hetrosexual and also someone who knocked back your second profile when you wrote to me...

so on this occasion, I am someone who knocked you back xx and always will be x

now toddle on and look to cause trouble somewhere else sweetie xxx"

LOL ohhhhhhh i get it all now ahahha

full moon again is it view

jeez

you can be my wee darling no matter what your sexuality is

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Time out folks

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Just the same as phrases such as “looking to broaden horizons”… we use words and phrases as we understand them."

I've never heard of anyone calling their fanny a "horizen" before.

Or am i missing the point??