FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Handwritten Letters

Handwritten Letters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lackshadow7 OP   Man  over a year ago

Toronto

I just got a pleasant surprise in the form of a handwritten note of thanks, and it made me further realise how the practice is almost dead. Text messages, faxes, emails..... Putting pen to paper tends to take a back seat to convenience these days (understandably so)

How many of you, either deliberately or otherwise, still write out letters or notes?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I must admit, never. I also can't remember the last one I received.

Toronto

"I must admit, never. I also can't remember the last one I received. "

Before this one, the last one i got was at christmas.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always send written letters. My family live 130 miles away, and also family in the USA. I think it's much more personal and hand written can be picked up and read over again, unlike mails texts which get lost in the system!!

Everyone should have a pen pal. I started doing this a few years ago to a lovely lady in Austria. Not only do you get to brush up on your writing skills but the excitement of waiting for the postman to deliver a letter is great. Then cuppa in hand and sit back and read. Fantastic.....

I still have a fetish for post it notes, they get plastered all over my office with reminders.

Although I would never claim to have neat handwriting,,,, I send and receive two or three hand written letters every month......

For me there’s few pleasures that beat receiving a hand written letter…

Toronto

"Everyone should have a pen pal. I started doing this a few years ago to a lovely lady in Austria. Not only do you get to brush up on your writing skills but the excitement of waiting for the postman to deliver a letter is great. Then cuppa in hand and sit back and read. Fantastic....."

This sounds really nice actually. Exchanging correspondence with a pen pal was on of those things i never got into when i was younger.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"I still have a fetish for post it notes, they get plastered all over my office with reminders. "

I just had a vision of your bedroom being festooned with them lol

I sent a small present to a playmate a couple of weeks ago with a little letter,his first.comment was about the note and neat handwriting

Handriting is a huge part of my job,I hav'nt lost the art but its not that often that ill sit and write a letter to someone,its generally to an older relative that would'nt text

Toronto

"I still have a fetish for post it notes, they get plastered all over my office with reminders.

I just had a vision of your bedroom being festooned with them lol "

A sea of yellow notes decorating the walls, lol

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Mostly if I handwrite a letter it is a short one to one of my kids' teachers. I don't really have any friends / family that I write to, be it by hand or email.

In Your Bush

Years ago I had a job where I had to write in capital letters. Then with everything being computerised. My hand has forgotten how to write. My handwriting is now abysmal

I love to write them... And get two a week from my sister and dad as neither have mobiles or use pcs.

I do love to get a handwritten letter and will always write a handwritten thank you letter.

Toronto

"Years ago I had a job where I had to write in capital letters. Then with everything being computerised. My hand has forgotten how to write. My handwriting is now abysmal "

How bad are we talking? "Doctor's handwriting" bad?

In Your Bush

"Years ago I had a job where I had to write in capital letters. Then with everything being computerised. My hand has forgotten how to write. My handwriting is now abysmal

How bad are we talking? "Doctor's handwriting" bad? "

No it's still legible, but writing joined up would feel like writing with my opposite hand.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"I still have a fetish for post it notes, they get plastered all over my office with reminders.

A sea of yellow notes decorating the walls, lol"

I was thinking more of many things you wanted to do and in what order starting from the bedroom door to above the headboard! Am I weird? lol

By *exycleanerWoman  over a year ago

pontefract

i write letters to a cpl of friends

twice a year for our birthdays and at christmas x

Toronto

A sea of yellow notes decorating the walls, lol

I was thinking more of many things you wanted to do and in what order starting from the bedroom door to above the headboard! Am I weird? lol"

Ooooh...i quite like that idea actually

I write my shopping list, does that count

I reckon I've sent perhaps two in maybe ten years.

I remember some historian saying how the lack of written letters might cause a gap for historical records in the future with everything now being digitally exchanged etc.

By *adyA01Woman  over a year ago

Wellington

A couple of years ago a friend of mine was in prison and I wrote to him every week and he wrote to me every week too! I loved coming home and finding a letter from him! I really missed his letters when he got out!

By *livia_KWoman  over a year ago

South London

I got a handwritten note in the post today from my sister delivered all the way from Australia!

Inside was a lovely, erm, 'drawing' my 2 year old nephew did for his Aunty Oli. Made me smile

Toronto

"I got a handwritten note in the post today from my sister delivered all the way from Australia!

Inside was a lovely, erm, 'drawing' my 2 year old nephew did for his Aunty Oli. Made me smile "

Awww, now that is cute!

I hand write on a daily basis, I do community nursing and every house I go in I have to fill out the log book to say what I have done, the condition of the client etc I do around 15 calls a day so I do a lot of writing

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Never to late to have penfriends#

Ive had them for years but down to 6 regulars now but I agree a hand written letter on lovely paper is a joy to receive

x

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A friend sends me a handwritten letter every few months. Another writes me letters with strange gifts she puts through my door or in the post addressed to "Lady My Name of My Area".

I write letters when I need to convey difficult news, feelings or love.

» Add a new message to this topic