FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > We've lost all our emails

We've lost all our emails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We've been on holiday and our membership lapsed. Upon returning and joining again we've found that all our emails have gone.

We had some ongoing correspondence and it would be a massive pain to start all over again. Is there anyway of recovering these emails ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Can you expand on "membership lapsed" as it appears that you are and still have had a profile on here for over a year.

"Can you expand on "membership lapsed" as it appears that you are and still have had a profile on here for over a year."

Hi rammy, We were silver site supporters and hadn't renewed. We had never deleted our account and left it running. Upon returning we upgraded to site supporter again but all our mails have gone, even sent items.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I could be wrong, however the email should be viewable once the site supporter status is resumed.

"I could be wrong, however the email should be viewable once the site supporter status is resumed. "

We have just renewed our site supporter status and we still have no emails.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Not entirely sure about why your messages should disappear, maybe it's time to make admin earn their money and give you a definitive answer

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I'm sure I have read somewhere that when you renew, everything is reinstated.

Saying that, I thought it was only the thread style message view you got with site supporter. Have you lost all your original individual messages as well?

How long were you away for? Im sure I read that old messages get automatically deleted after a certain amount of time from static accounts

Click on FAQs at the bottom of the page and theres info about it

"How long were you away for? Im sure I read that old messages get automatically deleted after a certain amount of time from static accounts"

We were away for about six weeks but our site supporter status would have only lapsed by a few of weeks.

It's a sign, let go and move on x

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

From FAQ page:

I've not logged on for a while and now most of my messages have been deleted / I have loads of messages in my inbox and some of the older ones have gone missing

Fab is a super busy site. Hundreds of thousands of private mails are sent every day and we have tens of millions of such messages on our system. Because we do this mostly for free, we can't keep all the messages for ever because our costs would go up and up and the site would get slower and slower. Older messages that have already been read in "dormant" accounts that haven't been logged into for a while are removed from the system. Similarly if you have loads of mails in your inbox, the system will periodically remove some of the oldest.

If some mails are important to you and you want to make sure they're not deleted, become a site supporter and save any important mails to your "saved message folder" (look for "save it" on the bottom of messages you receive) and we'll keep those mails on the system (unless we screw things up and they get deleted too; but we'll try not to!).

"From FAQ page:

I've not logged on for a while and now most of my messages have been deleted / I have loads of messages in my inbox and some of the older ones have gone missing

Fab is a super busy site. Hundreds of thousands of private mails are sent every day and we have tens of millions of such messages on our system. Because we do this mostly for free, we can't keep all the messages for ever because our costs would go up and up and the site would get slower and slower. Older messages that have already been read in "dormant" accounts that haven't been logged into for a while are removed from the system. Similarly if you have loads of mails in your inbox, the system will periodically remove some of the oldest.

If some mails are important to you and you want to make sure they're not deleted, become a site supporter and save any important mails to your "saved message folder" (look for "save it" on the bottom of messages you receive) and we'll keep those mails on the system (unless we screw things up and they get deleted too; but we'll try not to!).

"

Thanks. I'd just read that also. Looks like we'll just have to start all over again.

In Your Bush

Moral of the story Polk is:

Next year choose a week in Skegness and not six weeks in the Bahamas

I haven't read the post from admin but my site supporter lapsed and we I renewed it the conversations all came back.

In Your Bush

"I haven't read the post from admin but my site supporter lapsed and we I renewed it the conversations all came back."

Read the post from admin you silly faggot

"Moral of the story Polk is:

Next year choose a week in Skegness and not six weeks in the Bahamas "

We wish.

"I haven't read the post from admin but my site supporter lapsed and we I renewed it the conversations all came back.

Read the post from admin you silly faggot "

I have now but mine worked

"I haven't read the post from admin but my site supporter lapsed and we I renewed it the conversations all came back.

I have now but mine worked "

How long had you let it lapse for Ju ?

How long had you let it lapse for Ju ? "

I can't remember the exact timing, but a good couple of weeks

I can't remember the exact timing, but a good couple of weeks "

Same here , 4 weeks at the most. It's a bit of a pain as we had some ongoing conversations that have been lost.

In Your Bush

Same here , 4 weeks at the most. It's a bit of a pain as we had some ongoing conversations that have been lost. "

Here is my cunning plan. Get the other person to respond to the old mail and it may bring the history back with it

Same here , 4 weeks at the most. It's a bit of a pain as we had some ongoing conversations that have been lost.

Here is my cunning plan. Get the other person to respond to the old mail and it may bring the history back with it "

Good thinking, that may just work. Thanks Ryan.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ryannna, cunning and cunnilingus are not the same thing

In Your Bush

"Ryannna, cunning and cunnilingus are not the same thing "

You mark my words. Remember, you read it here first

Admin should employ me on here

Here is my cunning plan. Get the other person to respond to the old mail and it may bring the history back with it

Good thinking, that may just work. Thanks Ryan. "

Welcome back and I hope you get it sorted

Good thinking, that may just work. Thanks Ryan.

Welcome back and I hope you get it sorted "

Hi Queenie , thanks but it looks like we have lost all our mail and will have to start from scratch. It's a bit of a pain but never mind.

Yeah, i understand what your going through op and totally sympathise. My inbox is always empty when i log in as well.

"Yeah, i understand what your going through op and totally sympathise. My inbox is always empty when i log in as well. "

» Add a new message to this topic