FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rant!

Rant!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We've been watching the odd 'kitchen/cooking'programme on TV. What really winds us up is the pretentiousness of chef's,in particular one f*****G habit they have.

Why,even though they're friends and on first name terms,must they call each other Chef ffs? GRRRRRR!

You don't get builders saying,"Would you pass me that trowel Brickie?","Sure,here you are Brickie"."Have you any spare solder Plummer?", "Yes Plummer,theres some in my bag".

What a load of bollox,whats it all about?

"Are you having a good shag there Swinger?","Great thanks Swinger,how about you?".AAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!

XXXX

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Pmsl im gonna try the swinger thing out so how far I get!

totally agree!!!!!!! so pretensious

I can't stand any of them as they all live in their celebrity, luvvie world. Saying that i do like Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall of River Cottage!

And would somebody please insert sally salt and percy pepper into that really annoying Ainsley Harriotts ass....ooooh he gets on my nerves!

Forum Mod

Ill do it! lol

I like that mad chef who makes thing out of leather and shoelaces

are you sure you didn't dream this lol; i've never heard of that one.

Good to know Ainsley is in for a shock hehe

Forum Mod

Heston bluementhal? he makes snail porridge as well mmmmmmm lol

It would give me great pleasuer to bend Ainsley over and...well you know the rest

Must say we used to hate Gorden Ramsey.We quite like him now though,at least he can put his tallent where his mouth is and we love the way he rips into those bloody arrogant Yanks,ace.

Ainsley is on of the worst culprits for that "Yes Chef,no Chef" bloody nonsense.

XXXX

"It would give me great pleasuer to bend Ainsley over and...well you know the rest "

Funny, i had that thought about someone else!

By *lackboaWoman  over a year ago

greenock

on the pretentious thing.....kitchens are noisy manic places....so when the man in charge issues an order he needs to know that the skivvy has heard and understood..hence the 'yes chef' response.......most jobs have their own particular vocabulary......I'm medical and i know we do.....E xx

"on the pretentious thing.....kitchens are noisy manic places....so when the man in charge issues an order he needs to know that the skivvy has heard and understood..hence the 'yes chef' response.......most jobs have their own particular vocabulary......I'm medical and i know we do.....E xx"

Noisy they maybe but so are factories and machine shops. Whats to stop Chefs calling eachother by name like they do in those? You don't hear folk being called,Linefeeder,Welder,Turner,Fitter etc.Pretentious gits,lol.

XXXX

By *lackboaWoman  over a year ago

greenock

yes..it probably is pretentious...but as in many of the professions and trades there is a history and a tradition to the way things are done..its also to do with discipline and knowing that the guy in charge is the one that gets it in the neck if it all goes tits up....and in a kitchen that can happen horribly quickly...but you're right..it does sound pretentious.....E xx

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

Docotrs call each other doctor,

police call each other by rank,

But in my humble opinion - they do an important job and earn their respect.

Chef!!!

Ha

Earn your respect over that chopped raddish!!!! LOL

By *teve_SoleilCouple  over a year ago

Malaysia

All jobs refer respect...society deem some job name calling as respectful while some are not....if plumbers feels prideful in being called "plumber"...then why not....in some society...teachers are called "teacher" between each other...in Japan...comic illustrator call each other "sensei"...so chefs calling each other "chef"...aren't really pretentious...and usually work mates feel more professional to call each other professionally as sometimes they don't know each other well outside the job:D

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

Yes boss.............LOL

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

yeah and when is a chef just a cook and vice versa ...who decides ...is there an exam ...?? its bollox...Ramseys ok but the rest are pretentious wanks in my humble oppinion...its becoming like the fashion industry ..

» Add a new message to this topic