FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > the show yourself threads

the show yourself threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have there been any shocks or surprises when youve seen peoples faces?

Did you have any preconcieved ideas about what people may look like?

Im not after people to be named here, just generally speaking.. all the responses have been that people are gorgeous & stunning.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have been surprised by a few in both a good way and bad way but that is too be expected, I bet my face pics have had the same response.

There is a man I would love to see as I imagine him to look like Meat Loaf but as yet he hasn't taken part x

Guys on here tend to call women 'gorgeous' just going by a picture of a cleavage

So I take it with a large pinch of salt

"I have been surprised by a few in both a good way and bad way but that is too be expected, I bet my face pics have had the same response.

There is a man I would love to see as I imagine him to look like Meat Loaf but as yet he hasn't taken part x"

Always worth just taking a punt n saying 'im nosey.. any chance of a face pic'.. worst he can say is no. X

"Guys on here tend to call women 'gorgeous' just going by a picture of a cleavage

So I take it with a large pinch of salt "

And even without a picture too as I seem to remember from when I first registered here and had no pictures for a week I think

"I have been surprised by a few in both a good way and bad way but that is too be expected, I bet my face pics have had the same response.

There is a man I would love to see as I imagine him to look like Meat Loaf but as yet he hasn't taken part x

Always worth just taking a punt n saying 'im nosey.. any chance of a face pic'.. worst he can say is no. X"

I'm out of their age range x

"Guys on here tend to call women 'gorgeous' just going by a picture of a cleavage

So I take it with a large pinch of salt "

I know that.. dont believe it that all women are stunners. However beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hang on a moment didnt you call me the best looking most sensational stunner on fabs once??? You saying you didnt mean it?!

Pfftt

A couple replied to ours saying they weren't expecting that!! Fortunately, it was in a good way..... I think

Or the "oh my god" we are related moment when a face pic is sent!

Thats more of a shocker than any lol

"A couple replied to ours saying they weren't expecting that!! Fortunately, it was in a good way..... I think "

Ive been guilty of thinking 'smoking hot bodies.. its not fair if they are gorgeous in the face department too'.. (tad cruel of me i know)

So when it turns out theyve a lush body and gorgeous face ive been surprised in a good way.... then cursed them under my breath lol

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

I've had two couple say I looked like Gorgeous George when I showed my face.... Clooney? nope Galloway but they were still positive though

"Or the "oh my god" we are related moment when a face pic is sent!

Thats more of a shocker than any lol"

Lmfao.. not happened to me yet

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

Got to see a few forumites which were prettier than i expected and made me think out of my league

But the threads became a free for all with non regular posters asking. So i didnt go back

I scared so many people months ago when the dare to show your face threads were on I'm being kind and not taking part this time lol

I take it with a pinch of salt i know im fugly lol

"Got to see a few forumites which were prettier than i expected and made me think out of my league

But the threads became a free for all with non regular posters asking. So i didnt go back "

As above, was fun to start with until the lurkers and never seen befores cottoned on

"Got to see a few forumites which were prettier than i expected and made me think out of my league

But the threads became a free for all with non regular posters asking. So i didnt go back "

If i didnt recognise the user id not have responded. X

And slaps!!! No one should be out of anyones league

Had a few comments about being pretty they were just being nice I'm sure x

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

cute is cute .. always has been .. with knockout cleavage as well .. .. im beardy old guy .. better than the pix

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

But the threads became a free for all with non regular posters asking. So i didnt go back

As above, was fun to start with until the lurkers and never seen befores cottoned on "

I thought the aim of these threads was to be fun and get more people posting? Sounds like it was just for the C word people to enjoy when you say things like that

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

guess its the same as when you speak to someone in everyday life on the phone and then meet them they can be totally different to what you imagine, but lets face it thats life lol

I was surprised that it led to two social meets and I was only able to participate a small amount of the time.

"I scared so many people months ago when the dare to show your face threads were on I'm being kind and not taking part this time lol "

Didn't scare me

"

That's the reason I didn't take part this time. I did on the original show your face last year, which ran to 47 threads I think, but in the end you had a lot of non forumites jumping on the bandwagon just to get round filters. I had one local asking even though he was blocked so I stopped after that.

By *utterflywingsWoman  over a year ago

Creswell Derbyshire

"Have there been any shocks or surprises when youve seen peoples faces?

Im not after people to be named here, just generally speaking.. all the responses have been that people are gorgeous & stunning. "

I'm afraid in my experience when guys have sent face pics i can see why they dont get meets, sorry to be so blunt but most are so damn ugly

"I scared so many people months ago when the dare to show your face threads were on I'm being kind and not taking part this time lol

Didn't scare me "

Thank you

Retirement Village

As above, was fun to start with until the lurkers and never seen befores cottoned on

I thought the aim of these threads was to be fun and get more people posting? Sounds like it was just for the C word people to enjoy when you say things like that "

C word ??

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

O M G tin hat time

I thought the aim of these threads was to be fun and get more people posting? Sounds like it was just for the C word people to enjoy when you say things like that "

Yes us lurkers should know our place

"O M G tin hat time"

'twas pleasant..though it seems to have run it's course.

Made a few friends as a result.. One lovely lady said she'd wished she checked me out earlier

It's certainly removed a barrier and been a conversation starter, and thus an opportunity to exchange thoughts which could lead to who-knows-what...?

Same time next year?

I did join in twice on the threads and only received one message..Im not a big enough 'C' obviously

I liked it that filters didn't have to be changed. It was simple enough to ask in the thread and no response was a clear signal.

Although I've been on Fab ages and mainly used the chatrooms. I recently discovered how good the forum is. I've hardly used the chatrooms since! Threads like the 'show yourself' one have been great in truly breaking the ice.

I have found I can get to see more expression of someone's personality than other ways available and express more of mine. Good or bad

I think they are great for breaking the ice and easing new forum users into the group.

I understand that people do hide their pictures for a reason though and so by taking down the barriers and allowing people to _iew pictures of their faces might be a big step.

Its not however compulsery. Id have made clear that unless you recognise the username then the request to see a picture may be declined

I've never taken part because obviously my face is on display

Though if there was a 'Show Your Bushy Beard' thread then I'll be on it like a romantic sonnet

We average out of 100 winks/friend requests only about 5ish remain after seeing face pics (on a good day lol) They all love Mrs but obviously I'm the weakest link! Either that or my extreme good looks intimidate them

Doesn't bother me though as I have Mrs naked next to me every night!!

Retirement Village

I thought the aim of these threads was to be fun and get more people posting? Sounds like it was just for the C word people to enjoy when you say things like that

Yes us lurkers should know our place "

I'm not saying lurkers are bad or good but the post by Legs! somes up what i meant by random people and non forum posters.

It's nothing to do with the C word as i am no member of any C

"O M G tin hat time"

noo dont go saying that..

"I've never taken part because obviously my face is on display

Though if there was a 'Show Your Bushy Beard' thread then I'll be on it like a romantic sonnet"

hows about you show me your left little hairy toe

I've enjoyed it and replied with a pic from anyone who sent me one. I can't play in the lastest one though

I've stopped sending face pics as every time I do the person needs to buy a new monitor, phone screen or whatever they are looking at the pic on.

"Or the "oh my god" we are related moment when a face pic is sent!

Thats more of a shocker than any lol"

Yeah, mum what are you doing here?? Moment

It's funny it did make me feel braver....for periods during the last few days I made private pics public for a while. It eased interaction without having to send or add as friends Also showed I wear clothes from time to time Also made me realise I need some new pictures to provide more variety.

evesham

"

That's the reason I didn't take part this time. I did on the original show your face last year, which ran to 47 threads I think, but in the end you had a lot of non forumites jumping on the bandwagon just to get round filters. I had one local asking even though he was blocked so I stopped after that."

How can they get rounds filters? I thought they had to pm you for a pic?

"We average out of 100 winks/friend requests only about 5ish remain after seeing face pics (on a good day lol) They all love Mrs but obviously I'm the weakest link! Either that or my extreme good looks intimidate them

Doesn't bother me though as I have Mrs naked next to me every night!! "

I'm sure she got my vote for best bottom in the recent voting thingamajig!

Lucky man you are, though since she chose you outta all the men she could be spending her life with...I'm sure you're a bit spesh too!!

Aww, feel all emotional now

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

This is definitely a 'cliquey' forum as some of you 'regular forumites' have clearly demonstrated in this thread.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I've never taken part because obviously my face is on display"

Ditto. Although I do get messages from guys asking for a face pic.

Yes us lurkers should know our place

I'm not saying lurkers are bad or good but the post by Legs! somes up what i meant by random people and non forum posters.

It's nothing to do with the C word as i am no member of any C "

Nothing wrong with lurkers who post occasionally and I'm certainly no member of any C either but you did get people who joined just to get round filters and blocks. I got hassled by a few too and had to resort to blocking in the end unfortunately.

"We average out of 100 winks/friend requests only about 5ish remain after seeing face pics (on a good day lol) They all love Mrs but obviously I'm the weakest link! Either that or my extreme good looks intimidate them

Lucky man you are, though since she chose you outta all the men she could be spending her life with...I'm sure you're a bit spesh too!!

Aww, feel all emotional now "

Ahh man hug! lol

Leeds

Thanks Cute n sassy for inclusive and welcoming comments to new users.

"

That's the reason I didn't take part this time. I did on the original show your face last year, which ran to 47 threads I think, but in the end you had a lot of non forumites jumping on the bandwagon just to get round filters. I had one local asking even though he was blocked so I stopped after that.

How can they get rounds filters? I thought they had to pm you for a pic? "

People asked for filters to be changed

So to stop that Admin suggested asking for pics on the thread.

Ahh man hug! lol "

Lets high 5 - I'm still in bed!!

Ahh man hug! lol

Lets high 5 - I'm still in bed!! "

wash your hands first!!

"

How can they get rounds filters? I thought they had to pm you for a pic? "

Not in the original one last year plus people would ask for a face pic on the threads if you hadn't lifted your filters. Can't say what happened this time as I didnt take pary. My comment refered to the thread thst ran last year!!

"This is definitely a 'cliquey' forum as some of you 'regular forumites' have clearly demonstrated in this thread. "

here's my stance on this.. may of us have been using the forums for a few years so understandably 'relationships' of various forms have been built over this time period to varying levels.

There are forum socials where many users physically meet up and have sexual experiences or keep them as just social friendly visits. Is this a bad thing? No.

Everyone starts somewhere and we were all new once. Talking personally i see usernames that i recognize but i've never seen a facial picture of someone despite reading their posts for years and this has given me opportunity to be a tad nosey.

People hide pictures for various reasons.. confidentiality being one of them, if a person were not to care who see's the pictures then they'd be on public show. So its only fair that someone can choose who to show the picture too.

"

How can they get rounds filters? I thought they had to pm you for a pic?

Not in the original one last year plus people would ask for a face pic on the threads if you hadn't lifted your filters. Can't say what happened this time as I didnt take pary. My comment refered to the thread thst ran last year!!"

It was the same

"This is definitely a 'cliquey' forum as some of you 'regular forumites' have clearly demonstrated in this thread.

here's my stance on this.. may of us have been using the forums for a few years so understandably 'relationships' of various forms have been built over this time period to varying levels.

There are forum socials where many users physically meet up and have sexual experiences or keep them as just social friendly visits. Is this a bad thing? No.

Everyone starts somewhere and we were all new once. Talking personally i see usernames that i recognize but i've never seen a facial picture of someone despite reading their posts for years and this has given me opportunity to be a tad nosey.

People hide pictures for various reasons.. confidentiality being one of them, if a person were not to care who see's the pictures then they'd be on public show. So its only fair that someone can choose who to show the picture too. "

Totally agree

"This is definitely a 'cliquey' forum as some of you 'regular forumites' have clearly demonstrated in this thread.

People hide pictures for various reasons.. confidentiality being one of them, if a person were not to care who see's the pictures then they'd be on public show. So its only fair that someone can choose who to show the picture too. "

Wow . Well said Giles. Would love you to read that to me in you're farmers accent

Ahh man hug! lol

Lets high 5 - I'm still in bed!!

wash your hands first!! "

Lol... I'm going to chams later so have been a good boy

Retirement Village

"This is definitely a 'cliquey' forum as some of you 'regular forumites' have clearly demonstrated in this thread. "

Sorry im a regular poster who says whats on his mind regardless of what the trend is or others think. I dont have issues with new posters and am in no way 'cliquey' so really don't get where you're coming from

Sorry im a regular poster who says whats on his mind regardless of what the trend is or others think. I dont have issues with new posters and am in no way 'cliquey' so really don't get where you're coming from "

"Well said Giles. Would love you to read that to me in you're farmers accent "

pervert

Sorry im a regular poster who says whats on his mind regardless of what the trend is or others think. I dont have issues with new posters and am in no way 'cliquey' so really don't get where you're coming from "

I think I understand what he means. It can feel difficult to break into forum conversations as 'forum friends' often reply to their 'forum friends'. I imagine some posters might feel ignored at times

"Well said Giles. Would love you to read that to me in you're farmers accent

pervert "

I am

evesham

Cliques might not be the right term and before now I have defended the 'friendship' groups on here but since becoming a not so regular poster you can see how people find it hard to get started in here because the 'friendship' groups tend to go off on a tangent. These are very sarcastic boards (of which I have been guilty of as well) so if you aren't expecting a load of people to take the kids out of you you are going to think clique.

The comments on here about it being fun while it was just the 'regulars' do make the threads it relates to seem exclusive and exclusive is just another word for clique.

Sorry im a regular poster who says whats on his mind regardless of what the trend is or others think. I dont have issues with new posters and am in no way 'cliquey' so really don't get where you're coming from

I think I understand what he means. It can feel difficult to break into forum conversations as 'forum friends' often reply to their 'forum friends'. I imagine some posters might feel ignored at times "

When i returned to the forum after a short break with a new username i found it was difficult so can relate. Think its just a case of being persistent.

anyways welcome to the forums for all the newer members.. youve broken the ice by saying hello

I dont think its clique as such, the top forum posters tend to know each other outside in the real world, from time to time there is the odd in joke that only they possibly understand, thats normal, we dint know any of the top forum poster's or anyone one on the forum come to think of it, we join in when something interests us and have NEVER been shot down or ignored when doing so, therefore its not a clique in my opinion

Just my 2penneth

Retirement Village

I think I understand what he means. It can feel difficult to break into forum conversations as 'forum friends' often reply to their 'forum friends'. I imagine some posters might feel ignored at times "

I've been posting on the forums a while now and still get ignored mate. There are those who deliberately take what i say out of context and accuse me of all sorts and some who seem to have it in for me for whatever reason.

so i wouldn't take being ignored personally as long as you stick to who you are

I think I understand what he means. It can feel difficult to break into forum conversations as 'forum friends' often reply to their 'forum friends'. I imagine some posters might feel ignored at times

I've been posting on the forums a while now and still get ignored mate. There are those who deliberately take what i say out of context and accuse me of all sorts and some who seem to have it in for me for whatever reason.

so i wouldn't take being ignored personally as long as you stick to who you are "

When i returned to the forum after a short break with a new username i found it was difficult so can relate. Think its just a case of being persistent.

anyways welcome to the forums for all the newer members.. youve broken the ice by saying hello

"

I agree again lol. I have never felt unwelcome although a relative newcomer to the forum. It is a matter of persistence and learning how best to engage. I really like the forum now even though sometimes I think I'm posting to myself And maybe some of the time that's exactly what I am doing

so i wouldn't take being ignored personally as long as you stick to who you are "

It is hard to get into a forum where many people have met in person and have known each other years. I just kept commenting until I got noticed.

Wasn't until the show yourself threads that I realised I had been noticed x

Wow im new to this forum thingy and not sure whether to run for the hills or try to join in

"It is hard to get into a forum where many people have met in person and have known each other years. I just kept commenting until I got noticed.

Wasn't until the show yourself threads that I realised I had been noticed x"

Oh yes. You have been noticed

"Wow im new to this forum thingy and not sure whether to run for the hills or try to join in

"

Join in it's safe. ..well relatively safe

"Wow im new to this forum thingy and not sure whether to run for the hills or try to join in

"

Welcome Lucy.... I promise you there are lovely people here!

If you're gonna do any running, could you do it with the panties you're wearing in your avatar?

I never really had trouble on the forum at first apart from the odd sarcy comment but that's to be expected when people are just trying to 'haze' the new meat so to speak as it happens on most forums.

Though I can see where some of the guys and girls are coming from, especially when you see the most banal subject get a fuck ton of replies

Though again, that's to be expected when the users have interacted with each other for a long time and have even met.

A clique is just a normal social construct, so shouldn't be banded around like a dirty word imo

"

its addictive.. try it out, its fun

great for debates, general advice and support, theres some nonsense threads that are easy enough to join in with.

its not compulsory to contribute to everything so just pick n choose xx

good luck and welcome xx

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I find being mostly sarcastic on the forums was what I do best on them anyway.

I loved the "show me show me" threads though - I was very, very pleasantly surprised.

I have yet to participate in any, and have no intention to do so.

Same with any other kiss, fuck, avoid threads.

Not saying I'm not guilty of posting piss taking comments by the way

It was a bit of fun, I only showed my face to a few and pleased to say Iv made a friend by taking part...

Retirement Village

"

Be yourself and you'll be fine. Nothing to worry about or feel intimidated by. Think of it as a place to debate and argue, piss take and be random and you'll enjoy it

Okay will give it a go I can always run later lol x

I enjoyed it, it's nice putting faces to reg, posters, on the whole I got some, lovely responses, and some lovely faces in my box ooooerrr!

The downside a lot of people I've never seen before jumped in

My box erm... Delete delete I'm afraid.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"..... some lovely faces in my box ooooerrr!"

*snigger*

The thread itself showed me more than the pictures that were sent ...

Da da dummmmmmmmmmm

"..... some lovely faces in my box ooooerrr!

*snigger*"

Leeds

I am the female of the profile actually. I was referring to the comments that the 'show me' threads we're fine when only regulars posted. If you didn't say this then I didn't mean you. But these comments confirm that there are people who are happier being in a clique even if the rest of you deny its existence.

It would not be unreasonable for anyone who read what you said earlier to conclude that you do have issues with new posters and 'lurkers'. The us and them mentality is a key part to how cliques develop.

Ah ive been on and off here for years ...

Im well known on here ( I think) yet I get ignored by some .... people like to goad

I call it my little soap opera

Cliques ... friendships .. whatever you want to call it just join in

"Ah ive been on and off here for years ...

Im well known on here ( I think) yet I get ignored by some .... people like to goad

"

Who said that? you do like cheesy don't you?

I notice the latest 'Show' thread has lots of new posters all getting to know each other. Can't be a bad thing surely?

Retirement Village

"I am the female of the profile actually. I was referring to the comments that the 'show me' threads we're fine when only regulars posted. If you didn't say this then I didn't mean you. But these comments confirm that there are people who are happier being in a clique even if the rest of you deny its existence. "

Ok let me try and put it another way. If you had a message from a new user or someone who you didn't recognise and never spoke to asking for face pics would you send them?

I made the comment about regular posters and i stick to it. Seeing a face to a name that posted often was the intent of the thread (unless i've misunderstood)

As for the whole 'clique' thing honestly - i couldn't give a monkeys if there was one

I am a regular poster (or a sad bastard with no life if you wish) & have never felt part of any group and do not wish to be part of any group that alienates others. So that is why i accept what you're saying but don't think it applied to the show me thread

The problem with Fab is that occasionally there appears unique idea, something really fun that brings the forum together, something fresh, new and exciting and eeveryone enjoys.

And then that idea, that fun thing, is ruined by overuse, it is repeated time and time again until its dull, old news, stale, uneventful.

The avatar challenges have been spoiled by repetitiveness, good

morning threads, awards ceremonies (tho hopefully the original and best has been pulled back by Femme who keeps a tight reign on that, otherwise it would be every week) and now these face threads.

Its the same with everything though, someone has a unique photo idea and its copied, certain words and phrases are copied from posters mouths until they've become standard language, when I see a name and shame thread i know the 'I arranged to meet you last night and you never turned up' post will arrive soon after.

These face threads are now just another 'would you fuck the one above - that used to be fun once

Who said that? you do like cheesy don't you? "

Hahaha women ignore me more than men ... go figure

One guy has really taken my fancy

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"

I know that.. dont believe it that all women are stunners. However beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

"

Ain't that the truth??

Retirement Village

It would not be unreasonable for anyone who read what you said earlier to conclude that you do have issues with new posters and 'lurkers'. The us and them mentality is a key part to how cliques develop. "

Possibly but then it is also possible for people to read what was set in the 'show me' thread as the 'rules' of the game. As well as my other posts on this thread too before coming to that conclusion

Hahaha women ignore me more than men ... go figure "

Ooooerrr Ignore you? I don't believe it?! You gorgeous lil piece of strumpet you! too cheesy??

By *utzzCouple  over a year ago

wrexham

Aww we missed out on the show threads this time. Was fun the last time around! But then again we're only very part time forum posters anyway

"One guy has really taken my fancy "

Spill miss tease

Hahaha women ignore me more than men ... go figure "

Sorry did you say something

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"when I see a name and shame thread i know the 'I arranged to meet you last night and you never turned up' post will arrive soon after."

And don't forget the Junk Mail analogy for unanswered messages!

As I said above, I don't involve myself in these posts as I have a face pic which anyone can look at one my profile. However, moaning about the forums being cliquey is a bit sad because of course it is! And whats wrong with that? There are some people on here who have been regular posters for years and who have met others over the years they have been here. Should they ignore each other? When they start becoming unwelcoming then there's a problem, but the majority are very welcoming.

We all get excluded to some extent. The way to get round that is to just carry on posting as you would anyway, and stop feeling marginalised by a throw-away comment on an internet forum.

Now, lets all have sex!

Is there a forum in existence anywhere on the Internet where posters haven't moaned about a clique?

Cliques, perceived or otherwise go hand in hand with forums. It's the nature of the beast.

[Removed by poster at 29/12/13 11:26:34]

Clique ? Ill talk to anyone that understands my gibberishness! Be them old,new,male/female. But then that's just me! They all think I'm barking anyway.

Ooooerrr Ignore you? I don't believe it?! You gorgeous lil piece of strumpet you! too cheesy?? "

I liked that cheese my lovely

Sorry did you say something "

oOooOoo OUCHY

"One guy has really taken my fancy

Spill miss tease "

Oh nooo then you'll all wanna piece

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I had a shock when someone asked for a pic of my face in drab mode. I think they had an even bigger shock, mind.

"I had a shock when someone asked for a pic of my face in drab mode. I think they had an even bigger shock, mind. "

o0o0o do u have those kinda pics? im always curious what the guy behind the lady looks like

"One guy has really taken my fancy

Spill miss tease

Oh nooo then you'll all wanna piece "

A piece? Ohhh poor bugger, is he aware of your intentions of disecting him? Shall I bring farther beans

"I had a shock when someone asked for a pic of my face in drab mode. I think they had an even bigger shock, mind.

o0o0o do u have those kinda pics? im always curious what the guy behind the lady looks like "

Me too

"The problem with Fab is that occasionally there appears unique idea, something really fun that brings the forum together, something fresh, new and exciting and eeveryone enjoys.

And then that idea, that fun thing, is ruined by overuse, it is repeated time and time again until its dull, old news, stale, uneventful.

The avatar challenges have been spoiled by repetitiveness, good

morning threads, awards ceremonies (tho hopefully the original and best has been pulled back by Femme who keeps a tight reign on that, otherwise it would be every week) and now these face threads.

Its the same with everything though, someone has a unique photo idea and its copied, certain words and phrases are copied from posters mouths until they've become standard language, when I see a name and shame thread i know the 'I arranged to meet you last night and you never turned up' post will arrive soon after.

These face threads are now just another 'would you fuck the one above - that used to be fun once "

Isn't that the case with everything that is fashionable? It's new it's fresh, it catches on, it becomes tired and dated.

I think you are right about what these threads become.

Ooooerrr Ignore you? I don't believe it?! You gorgeous lil piece of strumpet you! too cheesy??

I liked that cheese my lovely "

Ohhhhh move why are you here, get out n get house hunting

"But the threads became a free for all with non regular posters asking. So i didnt go back "

Are non regular posters not allowed to ask? I thought forums were invitations for discussions and conversations? Obviously not

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I have learned over the years to distance myself from these types of threads, also award ones. I don't get involved but stay on the periphery of the forum because I enjoy the banter.

They bring enjoyment to many and that can never be a bad thing.

As with many things, too much of the same thing can dilute the enjoyment for some. Keep things fresh.

Continue to enjoy, continue to be creative with ideas to bring inclusiveness to the forums.

Kent

I joined in last year and sent my pic to everyone that asked, people that hadn't been around long included.

I did draw the line though at a few that messages asking who's names I did not recognise at all from the forums towards the end. I think it was just a way to try and bypass getting ignored on a first message.

I didn't join in this time but I have no problem with any forumites who's usernames I recognise ever asking me for a face pic. I won't be sharing them with people who I've no recollection of ever seeing before.

As a lurker/poster on these here forums I have noticed that Some just make snide comments for the sake of it but the majority of you lot are friendly fun people. I don't see any clique as such I see deferent types of posts draw in the same faces and friends. And there are ones like this that cross over and bring us all together. Rambling now so gona stop as you were

Mr

only once.

the lady of the couple had short blonde hair and i imagined her with long dark hair lol.

still pretty though

Ohhhhh move why are you here, get out n get house hunting "

I was hunting for houses last night when I got a better offer ... back on it tomorrow with _iewings this week -keep it crossed

Kent

"But the threads became a free for all with non regular posters asking. So i didnt go back

Are non regular posters not allowed to ask? I thought forums were invitations for discussions and conversations? Obviously not "

Anyone was allowed to ask. The final day obviously lies with the person who's pic is to be shared. My problem was with people who have never posted before using it as a way to get a face pic instead of just sending a normal message because they knew they wouldn't get one that way.

Ohhhhh move why are you here, get out n get house hunting

I was hunting for houses last night when I got a better offer ... back on it tomorrow with _iewings this week -keep it crossed "

oh definately good luck .... Everything's crossed for you. Well until next year anyway

And for me I will send to lots of newbies, hey we all have to start somewhere right? It's more the fact, they post once for a face pic. And then are never sighted again! I don't class these as newbies, I class them as chancers... Unless of course the pic that landed in their box made them run for the hills! Never to be sighted again!

"I have learned over the years to distance myself from these types of threads, also award ones. I don't get involved but stay on the periphery of the forum because I enjoy the banter.

They bring enjoyment to many and that can never be a bad thing.

As with many things, too much of the same thing can dilute the enjoyment for some. Keep things fresh.

Continue to enjoy, continue to be creative with ideas to bring inclusiveness to the forums.

"

"As a lurker/poster on these here forums I have noticed that Some just make snide comments for the sake of it but the majority of you lot are friendly fun people. I don't see any clique as such I see deferent types of posts draw in the same faces and friends. And there are ones like this that cross over and bring us all together. Rambling now so gona stop as you were

Mr"

x

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I took it as being a bit of fun....people can take here a bit too seriously at times...I come on here for light relief..it's great that new posters are coming on board it gives me new eye candy....as much as there are some lovely people that post it's nice to see new faces. I choose to show my face to who I pleased and it was a bit of fun..

Retirement Village

"But the threads became a free for all with non regular posters asking. So i didnt go back

Are non regular posters not allowed to ask? I thought forums were invitations for discussions and conversations? Obviously not

Anyone was allowed to ask. The final day obviously lies with the person who's pic is to be shared. My problem was with people who have never posted before using it as a way to get a face pic instead of just sending a normal message because they knew they wouldn't get one that way. "

Thank you Miss HB but be careful you may be accused of being in a 'clique'

& Miss Cuck&CockHungry please don't partially quote what i have said and take it out of context. If you continue to read the conversation within this thread i have clearly said what i think. The forum is for everyone not just groups of friends. New posters are more than welcome and i have no problem chatting to them

Kent

Anyone was allowed to ask. The final day obviously lies with the person who's pic is to be shared. My problem was with people who have never posted before using it as a way to get a face pic instead of just sending a normal message because they knew they wouldn't get one that way.

Thank you Miss HB but be careful you may be accused of being in a 'clique'

& Miss Cuck&CockHungry please don't partially quote what i have said and take it out of context. If you continue to read the conversation within this thread i have clearly said what i think. The forum is for everyone not just groups of friends. New posters are more than welcome and i have no problem chatting to them"

I couldn't give a monkeys if people think I'm in a clique. lol. I probably interact more with certain posters now than I did a few months back because I met a lot of people at the social and have met some again since then. Makes it easier to joke around with people who you know better than others.

Like I say I have no problem showing my face to anyone who posts on the forums if they are genuinely curious but it was very easy to spot the ones who were just using as a way to get one when they've never posted before!! Or since provably x

"And for me I will send to lots of newbies, hey we all have to start somewhere right? It's more the fact, they post once for a face pic. And then are never sighted again! I don't class these as newbies, I class them as chancers... Unless of course the pic that landed in their box made them run for the hills! Never to be sighted again! "

I didn't join in this time because pretty much everyone I sent my pic to last time left the site.

It would not be unreasonable for anyone who read what you said earlier to conclude that you do have issues with new posters and 'lurkers'. The us and them mentality is a key part to how cliques develop.

Possibly but then it is also possible for people to read what was set in the 'show me' thread as the 'rules' of the game. As well as my other posts on this thread too before coming to that conclusion"

Almost anything is possible, but it's reasonable to conclude there is a clique based on your earlier post.

I believe there is 'cliquey' behavior and would expect that of any forum, it's a natural trait of group behavior. I don't see the point of denying it. Threads like the one in question help new people to get past the perception that the cliques and therefore forums exclude them.

That's a good thing.

Im not after people to be named here, just generally speaking.. all the responses have been that people are gorgeous & stunning. "

I have to say I have been surprised by quite a few faces of people that I exchanged with, they were quite different to how I imagined them to be. I've been told that I'm not how they imagined either. I guess you form a mental image based on how they post on the forums, the reality is quite often very different. In a good way mostly

"And for me I will send to lots of newbies, hey we all have to start somewhere right? It's more the fact, they post once for a face pic. And then are never sighted again! I don't class these as newbies, I class them as chancers... Unless of course the pic that landed in their box made them run for the hills! Never to be sighted again!

I didn't join in this time because pretty much everyone I sent my pic to last time left the site. "

Sod of heels, your a bloody yummy red head, you forget I've seen you in the flesh...

Retirement Village

Possibly but then it is also possible for people to read what was set in the 'show me' thread as the 'rules' of the game. As well as my other posts on this thread too before coming to that conclusion

Almost anything is possible, but it's reasonable to conclude there is a clique based on your earlier post.

I believe there is 'cliquey' behavior and would expect that of any forum, it's a natural trait of group behavior. I don't see the point of denying it. Threads like the one in question help new people to get past the perception that the cliques and therefore forums exclude them.

That's a good thing. "

I'll respond to your comment if you will be kind enough to answer my 2 questions -

1) Can you tell me where i have said there isn't a cliquey nature in forums or any group gathering &

2) Have you actually read what i have posted through this thread/conversation or are you just looking at my first post and disecting that to the n-th degree

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"And for me I will send to lots of newbies, hey we all have to start somewhere right? It's more the fact, they post once for a face pic. And then are never sighted again! I don't class these as newbies, I class them as chancers... Unless of course the pic that landed in their box made them run for the hills! Never to be sighted again!

I didn't join in this time because pretty much everyone I sent my pic to last time left the site. "

I never. I laminated it, and kept it in my pants drawer for safe keeping

I didn't join in this time because pretty much everyone I sent my pic to last time left the site.

I never. I laminated it, and kept it in my pants drawer for safe keeping "

See ^^^^

Kent

I never. I laminated it, and kept it in my pants drawer for safe keeping "

Like a reusable cum tribute

That's a good thing.

I'll respond to your comment if you will be kind enough to answer my 2 questions -

1) Can you tell me where i have said there isn't a cliquey nature in forums or any group gathering &

2) Have you actually read what i have posted through this thread/conversation or are you just looking at my first post and disecting that to the n-th degree "

I have read the full thread. You say your a regular poster who is in no way cliquey, but I believe it is reasonable for any non regular poster to see your first post as demonstrating cliquey behavior.

I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with that behavior. I believe it's a natural trait of groups.

In Your Bush

I never. I laminated it, and kept it in my pants drawer for safe keeping

Like a reusable cum tribute "

She looks great with white hair and a ginger tache

Retirement Village

That's a good thing.

2) Have you actually read what i have posted through this thread/conversation or are you just looking at my first post and disecting that to the n-th degree

I have read the full thread. You say your a regular poster who is in no way cliquey, but I believe it is reasonable for any non regular poster to see your first post as demonstrating cliquey behavior.

I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with that behavior. I believe it's a natural trait of groups. "

If any new poster read just the first comment and was that sensitive about it maybe the forums aren't for them cause a lot worse gets said than that. If you or a new poster had read all the conversation and what else i had posted and still came to that conclusion then tbh it aint my problem that you've reached a totally opposite conclusion to everything i have said.

Cliquey behaviour exists in life not just here and if it gets to people that much the who's issue is that

What amazes me is the comment i made was in relation to the show me thread which came with a set of rules at the start. Several other members have made similar comments (stewandonnalou, cute n sassy, legs!, Miss HB) which aren't word for word the same as mine but they have understood where i was coming from. Yet remarkably despite me spelling it out several times you still have picked up on my first post and keep hounding on about it. Why aren't you picking out the other posters??

You say you have read the entire thread and my posts so i assume you read where i specifically addressed the concerns of Miss Cuck&cockhungry, getaroom, leggylucy, shaman uk & welcomed new posters. Something i really didn't have to do.

I can't be arsed banging my head against a wall if all you wish to do is pick one post at the start and disect in a such a nature so i'll be blunt -

- yes there will be cliquey people on fabs because thats the nature of people & if you can't take it then tough cause this site is no different to people in the real world who will form friendships where you may not be part of the 'in crowd' frankly i couldn't give a fuck about the 'im crowd' & am happy as an outsider as long as i be true to who i am

- the show me thread had a certain set of rules posted to it which became a free for all so i stopped with it and stand by what i originally said

Maybe there's a lesson here for forum newbies -

- join in and dont feel bad if you are ignored

- read ALL the thread and not one post at the start and take it out of context. You dont know all the posters and sometimes words can be misinterpeted

- don't feel pressured to be part of a crowd but be yourself and stand for what you believe

That's a good thing.

I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with that behavior. I believe it's a natural trait of groups.

If any new poster read just the first comment and was that sensitive about it maybe the forums aren't for them cause a lot worse gets said than that. If you or a new poster had read all the conversation and what else i had posted and still came to that conclusion then tbh it aint my problem that you've reached a totally opposite conclusion to everything i have said.

Cliquey behaviour exists in life not just here and if it gets to people that much the who's issue is that

What amazes me is the comment i made was in relation to the show me thread which came with a set of rules at the start. Several other members have made similar comments (stewandonnalou, cute n sassy, legs!, Miss HB) which aren't word for word the same as mine but they have understood where i was coming from. Yet remarkably despite me spelling it out several times you still have picked up on my first post and keep hounding on about it. Why aren't you picking out the other posters??

You say you have read the entire thread and my posts so i assume you read where i specifically addressed the concerns of Miss Cuck&cockhungry, getaroom, leggylucy, shaman uk & welcomed new posters. Something i really didn't have to do.

I can't be arsed banging my head against a wall if all you wish to do is pick one post at the start and disect in a such a nature so i'll be blunt -

- yes there will be cliquey people on fabs because thats the nature of people & if you can't take it then tough cause this site is no different to people in the real world who will form friendships where you may not be part of the 'in crowd' frankly i couldn't give a fuck about the 'im crowd' & am happy as an outsider as long as i be true to who i am

- the show me thread had a certain set of rules posted to it which became a free for all so i stopped with it and stand by what i originally said

Maybe there's a lesson here for forum newbies -

- join in and dont feel bad if you are ignored

- read ALL the thread and not one post at the start and take it out of context. You dont know all the posters and sometimes words can be misinterpeted

- don't feel pressured to be part of a crowd but be yourself and stand for what you believe"

I'm not a new poster and I'm certainly not sensitive.

In my opinion you have clearly demonstrated cliquey behaviour, you've then attempted to mitigate your statement once it has been challenged.

I have been persistent for one reason. In the years that I have been on here I have often seen new posters dismissed as being petty or even insecure when they have stated they have experienced cliquey behavior on here and as a result do not post. Some 'regular posters have been adamant that cliquey behavior on these forums simply does not exist.

You keep stating that you're a regular poster, you have exhibited cliquey behavior, then gone on to say you're in no way cliquey??

'm simply choosing to highlight it exists on the forum and using the clear example offered by you as the vehicle.

Just for clarity. I don't care if there's a clique. I do however care that those new posters who believe there is one, shouldn't necessarily have their _iew on this summarily dismissed by regulars.

It suprised me, there are ALOT of really good looking people here behind the posts.

Retirement Village

"... I'm not a new poster and I'm certainly not sensitive.

In my opinion you have clearly demonstrated cliquey behaviour, you've then attempted to mitigate your statement once it has been challenged.

I have been persistent for one reason. In the years that I have been on here I have often seen new posters dismissed as being petty or even insecure when they have stated they have experienced cliquey behavior on here and as a result do not post. Some 'regular posters have been adamant that cliquey behavior on these forums simply does not exist.

You keep stating that you're a regular poster, you have exhibited cliquey behavior, then gone on to say you're in no way cliquey??

'm simply choosing to highlight it exists on the forum and using the clear example offered by you as the vehicle.

Just for clarity. I don't care if there's a clique. I do however care that those new posters who believe there is one, shouldn't necessarily have their _iew on this summarily dismissed by regulars. .."

It's impossible to have a reasoned discussion with someone who is as blinded as you are. You seem to be deliberately picking on me for some reason. I previously mentioned several posters who made similar comments to me and agreed with what i said. Why don't you have a go at them or is it because they have fannies

I didn't have to justify my posts and don't feel the need to continue a discussion with someone who clearly enjoy trolling someone else.

Its all yours sunshine

When does part 16 begin??

In Your Bush

"When does part 16 begin??"

Probably when part 15 finishes

"When does part 16 begin??

Probably when part 15 finishes "

I asked for that really lol

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Probably when part 15 finishes "

Brilliant! You need a deerstalker hat and a magnifying glass, you do!

In Your Bush

Probably when part 15 finishes

Brilliant! You need a deerstalker hat and a magnifying glass, you do! "

I surprise myself sometimes.

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

I have been really surprised and enjoyed the thread too as caught the end of a couple. And had a few nice compliments which is always pleasing and sorting a meet out from someone in the threads so very good.

Lucky you I seem to be miles away in distance from any potential meets good thread though!

I for one thought it was a bit of fun & got chatting to some new people which was good.

I suppose if you've been on here for a while these kind of threads would become a little stale but to newbies they are a new concept!

"I for one thought it was a bit of fun & got chatting to some new people which was good.

I suppose if you've been on here for a while these kind of threads would become a little stale but to newbies they are a new concept!"

I'm a bit of a fab floater depending on my mood so I like them!!

By *igerstyle2k2Man  over a year ago

Oxfordshire

I joined the party a bit late and now part 15 has been closed because the thread is too big!

Sounds like fun l x

"......

It's impossible to have a reasoned discussion with someone who is as blinded as you are. You seem to be deliberately picking on me for some reason. I previously mentioned several posters who made similar comments to me and agreed with what i said. Why don't you have a go at them or is it because they have fannies

I didn't have to justify my posts and don't feel the need to continue a discussion with someone who clearly enjoy trolling someone else.

Its all yours sunshine "

In this post your paranoia and attemps to make this personal are a reflection of your 'debating and reasoning' skills.

I don't expect you to justify anything. I've just chosen to point out the contradiction in your posts. You keep responding to me, and usually with questions.

My point was made early in the thread.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I was surprised that more women than men wanted to see my face.

A new person did go UNLOS after I showed him my face though.

"I was surprised that more women than men wanted to see my face.

A new person did go UNLOS after I showed him my face though."

Unlos??

By *antyfetishTV/TS  over a year ago

Collooney/Sligo/Dublin

just like you gawjus

"I was surprised that more women than men wanted to see my face.

A new person did go UNLOS after I showed him my face though.

Unlos??"

User no longer on site.

I personally think there should be a show your genitalia thread.

Been reading this thread with interest.

Yes, it can be quite clique-y here, but, as said, that's only natural. Not being in a position to attend socials/clubs in the south that most that I feel drawn to tend to visit, I'll remain on the periphery. Wish it were different.

Oh lord! I don't know what people think of me to be honest..

...but, honestly. Those i've been speaking to/speak to/and those who interest me always have something that attracts me to them.

And, up to now - all i can say is. Those i have seen are gorge x and yeah, dare i say....way out of my league.

"I personally think there should be a show your genitalia thread."

You go first the rest will follow

There are a few people on here who are lucky they live miles away from me...

"I personally think there should be a show your genitalia thread."

By *mallteaserWoman  over a year ago

Central

They have been great, some really lovely people, and made nice new friends from them xxx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

If I wanted people I have no intention of meeting seeing me I'd have a visible face pic. Having been here five years there were forumites I was curious about seeing so I did take part in the first one.

New people may think it cliquey but for me I wasn't comfortable sending my photo willy nilly to everyone who asked.

Besides, being told I didn't look scary had a detrimental effect on my psyche!

"If I wanted people I have no intention of meeting seeing me I'd have a visible face pic. Having been here five years there were forumites I was curious about seeing so I did take part in the first one.

New people may think it cliquey but for me I wasn't comfortable sending my photo willy nilly to everyone who asked.

Besides, being told I didn't look scary had a detrimental effect on my psyche! "

I didn't sleep for weeks after seeing you.

Surprises?

Yes, I went to attach a pic of me and realised I'm actually an ugly bastard!

Obviously I rectified that by stealing a picture of a young Jonny Depp

Result..... Now when I clique my fingers my woman comes running (see what I....er..never mind)

By *mallteaserWoman  over a year ago

Central

Lol xxxx

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I didn't take part this time, as I haven't been using the forums as often, so thought people wouldn't remember me and not bother asking for pics!

When's the next one comming along btw?

"I didn't take part this time, as I haven't been using the forums as often, so thought people wouldn't remember me and not bother asking for pics! "

I remember you.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"If I wanted people I have no intention of meeting seeing me I'd have a visible face pic. Having been here five years there were forumites I was curious about seeing so I did take part in the first one.

Besides, being told I didn't look scary had a detrimental effect on my psyche!

I didn't sleep for weeks after seeing you.

"

See what I mean!

Lucy is gorgeous