FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > So Ashamed

So Ashamed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I lost my temper in front of my daughter today,we were in Mc donalds for lunch in the Metro centre.I left her sitting at a table while I got our order and when I came back she was standing by herself with two lads and a girl sitting there, they had told her to move.i lost the plot and ashamedly punched one of the lads in question and was about to deck the other one before I realised what I was doing and stepped away,now I feel so bad that my daughter had to see this

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

We all see red at some point, unfortunately we never really know when that time may come.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I lost my temper in front of my daughter today,we were in Mc donalds for lunch in the Metro centre.I left her sitting at a table while I got our order and when I came back she was standing by herself with two lads and a girl sitting there, they had told her to move.i lost the plot and ashamedly punched one of the lads in question and was about to deck the other one before I realised what I was doing and stepped away,now I feel so bad that my daughter had to see this "

Whoa!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wow mate, what caused you to punch one of the lads? And how old was he?

Have to admit people do tend to pressurise children into moving from tables, it's definitely something rude people without any manners or respect do.

"I lost my temper in front of my daughter today,we were in Mc donalds for lunch in the Metro centre.I left her sitting at a table while I got our order and when I came back she was standing by herself with two lads and a girl sitting there, they had told her to move.i lost the plot and ashamedly punched one of the lads in question and was about to deck the other one before I realised what I was doing and stepped away,now I feel so bad that my daughter had to see this

Whoa! "

I know

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Why did you leave your daughter alone? How old is she? The kids in question did wrong but as you have realised so did you.

Anger management for you.

"Wow mate, what caused you to punch one of the lads? And how old was he?

Have to admit people do tend to pressurise children into moving from tables, it's definitely something rude people without any manners or respect do."

mid to late 20's,they had moved her possessions too that's what got to me,they had threw her bag and coat onto the floor

I hear you, been there myself, it's the feeling that you let you kid down, you didn't you are human after all, it's only a problem if its a constant thing

I personally think a lot of these 'kids'today need more of the same. I'm sure your daughter will be okay if you sit her down and explain your reasons

How old is she

"Why did you leave your daughter alone? How old is she? The kids in question did wrong but as you have realised so did you. "
to keep our seats as it was busy and she is 10,shes my step daughter

Have to admit people do tend to pressurise children into moving from tables, it's definitely something rude people without any manners or respect do.mid to late 20's,they had moved her possessions too that's what got to me,they had threw her bag and coat onto the floor"

Then good for you mate, I'd have done the same

"I hear you, been there myself, it's the feeling that you let you kid down, you didn't you are human after all, it's only a problem if its a constant thing"

I see it very differently, if you can get violent over something so unimportant, I would get help. we are all under pressure constantly, violence is never an answer.

Have to admit people do tend to pressurise children into moving from tables, it's definitely something rude people without any manners or respect do.mid to late 20's,they had moved her possessions too that's what got to me,they had threw her bag and coat onto the floor

Then good for you mate, I'd have done the same "

still feel bad

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Have to admit people do tend to pressurise children into moving from tables, it's definitely something rude people without any manners or respect do.mid to late 20's,they had moved her possessions too that's what got to me,they had threw her bag and coat onto the floor"

so not children as such more full grown adults. Mr N has gone into fight or flight mode when our kids or me have been threatened or treated wrongly and I have to admit of someone had done this to one of my children I would have been extremely angry.

"I lost my temper in front of my daughter today,we were in Mc donalds for lunch in the Metro centre.I left her sitting at a table while I got our order and when I came back she was standing by herself with two lads and a girl sitting there, they had told her to move.i lost the plot and ashamedly punched one of the lads in question and was about to deck the other one before I realised what I was doing and stepped away,now I feel so bad that my daughter had to see this "

When things happen that involve you're kids, were bound to lose it at times, don't feel bad I'm sure won't think bad of you, probably love you even more

Have to admit people do tend to pressurise children into moving from tables, it's definitely something rude people without any manners or respect do.mid to late 20's,they had moved her possessions too that's what got to me,they had threw her bag and coat onto the floor

Then good for you mate, I'd have done the same still feel bad "

I'd never condone this behaviour, but I'd certainly understand it.

I can imagine you do, but don't be too hard on yourself, as long as your little girl is ok and you've talked to her then forget it. People like that need taking down a peg or two, and hopefully you would have gotten through to them and next time they'll be more courteous to people .

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Although I agree with the boys being wrong anyone saying that violence is a good way to deal with it isn't setting a very good example for their kids!

I would of just calmly walked over, picked up their stuff, took it to the other side of the restsurant and dumped it on the floor as they did with hers then told them to move if they hadn't already and that essentially bullying a ten year old out of her seat is unacceptable

You should have been arrested for assault. What's shocking is that you only seem ashaned that your daughter witnessed this and not that you are a violent thug.

it isn't like me at all , in fact I cnt even remember the last time I even shouted at anyone ,just saw red as my daughter looked very upset at what they had done,im not proud of what ive done to be honest, at the time I felt great but 5 mins after it ive felt bad since

You are aware that the victim may press charges and the incident might had been caught on CCTV?

"Although I agree with the boys being wrong anyone saying that violence is a good way to deal with it isn't setting a very good example for their kids!

I would of just calmly walked over, picked up their stuff, took it to the other side of the restsurant and dumped it on the floor as they did with hers then told them to move if they hadn't already and that essentially bullying a ten year old out of her seat is unacceptable "

I did speak to them first,but was told to fuck off

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"it isn't like me at all , in fact I cnt even remember the last time I even shouted at anyone ,just saw red as my daughter looked very upset at what they had done,im not proud of what ive done to be honest, at the time I felt great but 5 mins after it ive felt bad since "

Was your daughter frightened by your behaviour and have you explained to her that violence is not the answer?

"You are aware that the victim may press charges and the incident might had been caught on CCTV?

"

yes,im aware of this

"it isn't like me at all , in fact I cnt even remember the last time I even shouted at anyone ,just saw red as my daughter looked very upset at what they had done,im not proud of what ive done to be honest, at the time I felt great but 5 mins after it ive felt bad since

Was your daughter frightened by your behaviour and have you explained to her that violence is not the answer? "

no just more shocked

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

so not children as such more full grown adults. Mr N has gone into fight or flight mode when our kids or me have been threatened or treated wrongly and I have to admit of someone had done this to one of my children I would have been extremely angry. "

same here

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You are aware that the victim may press charges and the incident might had been caught on CCTV?

yes,im aware of this"

presumably if its on CCTV the men evicting your daughter and throwing her things on the floor will be too.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Although I agree with the boys being wrong anyone saying that violence is a good way to deal with it isn't setting a very good example for their kids!

I would of just calmly walked over, picked up their stuff, took it to the other side of the restsurant and dumped it on the floor as they did with hers then told them to move if they hadn't already and that essentially bullying a ten year old out of her seat is unacceptable I did speak to them first,but was told to fuck off "

Yeah young lads (and girls) can be bolshy buggers, well what's done is done and you obviously regret it. Just next time take a step back and a deep breath instead of lashing out.

I would of just calmly walked over, picked up their stuff, took it to the other side of the restsurant and dumped it on the floor as they did with hers then told them to move if they hadn't already and that essentially bullying a ten year old out of her seat is unacceptable I did speak to them first,but was told to fuck off

Yeah young lads (and girls) can be bolshy buggers, well what's done is done and you obviously regret it. Just next time take a step back and a deep breath instead of lashing out. "

yes I will thank you

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

yes,im aware of this

presumably if its on CCTV the men evicting your daughter and throwing her things on the floor will be too."

maybe it will. but still dont make it right

By *RYBBWCouple  over a year ago

Leeds.

No need to feel bad. You looked after and defended your step daughter. You tought these bullies a well deserved lesson. Hopefully it will help them to consider their actions in the future.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

what's done is done. I did the same many years ago in front of my daughter. The guy next door was being a pain in the arse. After weeks of trouble from him I lost it. My daughter ran and hid in her cupboard. I told her I was wrong to do what I did. I can understand why you reacted like you did but I would tell her its not something you would normally do etc. X

"When things happen that involve you're kids, were bound to lose it at times, don't feel bad I'm sure won't think bad of you, probably love you even more "

Seriously? Or she might be scared shitles of who he'll deck next?

It's a fucked up world if you think his actions are going to be endearing to a 10 year old.

Have to admit people do tend to pressurise children into moving from tables, it's definitely something rude people without any manners or respect do.mid to late 20's,they had moved her possessions too that's what got to me,they had threw her bag and coat onto the floor what's done is done. I did the same many years ago in front of my daughter. The guy next door was being a pain in the arse. After weeks of trouble from him I lost it. My daughter ran and hid in her cupboard. I told her I was wrong to do what I did. I can understand why you reacted like you did but I would tell her its not something you would normally do etc. X"

I have and thanks

Everyone will have their own opinion on if it was a right or wrong thing to do, I'll keep mine to myself as all that matters is that your daughter is ok, speak to her and just tell her why and how you felt afterwards, communication is key for her to understand.

"You should have been arrested for assault. What's shocking is that you only seem ashaned that your daughter witnessed this and not that you are a violent thug. "

I think that many dads who might witness their young daughters being aggressively harrassed by a bunch of twenty year olds might just lash out.

I don't think that makes someone a violent thug at all. it makes then human. And they make mistakes.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

understand why you did it maybe you should have asked to see the manager and asked them to sort it ie move them or chuck them out

"You should have been arrested for assault. What's shocking is that you only seem ashaned that your daughter witnessed this and not that you are a violent thug. "

Thats a great help to the thread, sometimes if you havnt got something worth while to say try saying nothing for once.

in hindsight I wish that's what I had done ruby

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

I would of just calmly walked over, picked up their stuff, took it to the other side of the restsurant and dumped it on the floor as they did with hers then told them to move if they hadn't already and that essentially bullying a ten year old out of her seat is unacceptable I did speak to them first,but was told to fuck off "

I wouldn't be feeling too bad about it. If I've understood correctly you tried speaking to them about it and got told to fuck off.

Diplomacy is always best but sometimes a smack in the mouth is all someone will understand. And deserve.

"When things happen that involve you're kids, were bound to lose it at times, don't feel bad I'm sure won't think bad of you, probably love you even more

It's a fucked up world if you think his actions are going to be endearing to a 10 year old.

"

you are remorseful yes, but is it because you have shown a dark side and the image you want to portray has been shattered or a case of genuine regret at assaulting someone ?

Report to the local police station, explain what happened and confess your actions. Its a good place to start with genuine regret and setting a true example of how to behave with integrity.

"You should have been arrested for assault. What's shocking is that you only seem ashaned that your daughter witnessed this and not that you are a violent thug.

Thats a great help to the thread, sometimes if you havnt got something worth while to say try saying nothing for once.

"

Why should I condone his violence?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You should have been arrested for assault. What's shocking is that you only seem ashaned that your daughter witnessed this and not that you are a violent thug.

I think that many dads who might witness their young daughters being aggressively harrassed by a bunch of twenty year olds might just lash out.

I don't think that makes someone a violent thug at all. it makes then human. And they make mistakes."

Yea I'm struggling with this one myself. Mr N had to step in when my daughter and I were being threatened once and I'm very glad he did, he did so with no regard for his personal safety or for the fact that there were 8 or 9 much younger men. I can absolutely understand the reaction here but I can't condone it. As ever though we only have one side of the story.

Leeds.

yes,im aware of this

presumably if its on CCTV the men evicting your daughter and throwing her things on the floor will be too."

I'm sure the lads in question may think they're big and tough. But I'm also sure they won't want to be seen in the public arena bullying and intimidating a ten year old girl. If your step daughter suffered any kind of distress because of their actions she can also make a complaint to the police. And if there was any physical contact whatsoever between the tough bullies and your step daughter that is assault just as much as your actions. If charges are brought demand to have access to the full incident. Assault adult to adult is one thing. But assault adult to child is another and I don't think they'll want that on their record.

"Everyone will have their own opinion on if it was a right or wrong thing to do, I'll keep mine to myself as all that matters is that your daughter is ok, speak to her and just tell her why and how you felt afterwards, communication is key for her to understand.

"

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

and where was the police in all this.......

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I understand that in split second decisions we can make the wrong choice and I think you did on this occasion and I'm sure that you are aware of that..I know someone who is doing time for punching a guy with that one punch he killed the guy...he regrets his actions to this day...this situation could of turned out the same...you just don't know. Sometimes we have to rise above things and walk away. We cannot be teaching the next generation that it's ok to be violent we have enough violence on our streets as is it...I hope that there are no further consequences to your actions and the people in question do not choose to go to the police to log the assault. You will be the one that is held accountable and you could be arrested etc...you really don't want a criminal record because of the actions of some idiots...

I'm sorry but a group of teenagers or early 20s putting your child's personal possessions doesn't deserve a smack or thump, and to behave in that matter in front of your child is disgusting!

Legally you were in the wrong and you may have to pay the consequences.

Morally you were in the right as you were protecting your child. Anyone can lose their cool when their child is being picked on. Its human nature. However something must have been on your mind to lose it in the first place. If you tried being verbal and getting assistance first then fair enough. But lashing out straight away for one thing is a bit over the top. Then again if your daughter was showing distress by these lads its no wonder why you lost it. The only thing that would bother me if I was hear are: The relationship between me and the daughter and hope the bond isn't broken at all and they aren't pressing charges.

I don't think that makes someone a violent thug at all. it makes then human. And they make mistakes."

"and where was the police in all this....... "
it was over as quick s it started bro,we were there for 15 minutes after the incident and the manager nor police showed up to hve a word

Why should I condone his violence? "

You there's this crazy idea that floats around. It's called the middle ground.

Only ignorant people see the world in black and white, in my _iew.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Completely agree and I very definitely don't condone violence but no one can be preaching holier than thou attitude until they've been in that position and seen how they reacted.

As the OP already says he's done but the important bit is talking to his daughter and explaining what he did was wrong but explaining why it happened. Kids need to be taught that we all have emotions which are ok even anger and sometimes we react on them rightly and wrongly!!

yes,im aware of this

presumably if its on CCTV the men evicting your daughter and throwing her things on the floor will be too.

I'm sure the lads in question may think they're big and tough. But I'm also sure they won't want to be seen in the public arena bullying and intimidating a ten year old girl. If your step daughter suffered any kind of distress because of their actions she can also make a complaint to the police. And if there was any physical contact whatsoever between the tough bullies and your step daughter that is assault just as much as your actions. If charges are brought demand to have access to the full incident. Assault adult to adult is one thing. But assault adult to child is another and I don't think they'll want that on their record."

They didn't break the law he did...they asked her to move and told him to fuck off....he assaulted the bloke and that is assault he would be done for the whole thing....regardless of their behaviour they did nothing wrong in the eyes of the law

hertfordshire

"in hindsight I wish that's what I had done ruby"

yep and if you got abuse from the manager my advice would be

deck him lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"in hindsight I wish that's what I had done ruby

yep and if you got abuse from the manager my advice would be

deck him lol"

Ruby that's naughty....but quite funny

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Not going to comment on the punching as everyone else has but please make sure you let your step-daughter know that what you did was wrong and completely out of proportion, and that violence is never an appropriate response to that sort of thing.

By *abe1200Couple  over a year ago

belfast

There is no excuse for what u did it was bang outta order.Should it have been my kid u punched ull be locked up by now

dont go anywhere near the police and if you ever see them again only on your own this time give him another smack ,all this group hug sit with an asehole just gets you more shit on

Newcastle and Gateshead

"and where was the police in all this....... it was over as quick s it started bro,we were there for 15 minutes after the incident and the manager nor police showed up to hve a word"

i am guessing they took down your information because the cctv will have to be given to the police...it is going to be out of the shops hands.... like it or not it is common assault...

"I lost my temper in front of my daughter today,we were in Mc donalds for lunch in the Metro centre.I left her sitting at a table while I got our order and when I came back she was standing by herself with two lads and a girl sitting there, they had told her to move.i lost the plot and ashamedly punched one of the lads in question and was about to deck the other one before I realised what I was doing and stepped away,now I feel so bad that my daughter had to see this There is no excuse for what u did it was bang outta order.Should it have been my kid u punched ull be locked up by now "
who hit a Kid

Can't say I would have done exactly the same, as you never know unless you're put in that situation, but I have put myself physically between my son (11 at the time) and someone who raised their hand to slap him, and I can honestly say I would have done ANYTHING to protect him at that moment.

Explaining what you did was wrong and why would help, but also let her know it was with the best of intent, ie to protect her.

"and where was the police in all this....... it was over as quick s it started bro,we were there for 15 minutes after the incident and the manager nor police showed up to hve a word

i am guessing they took down your information because the cctv will have to be given to the police...it is going to be out of the shops hands.... like it or not it is common assault..."

No Nothing, they finished there meal and we finished ours and left

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I lost my temper in front of my daughter today,we were in Mc donalds for lunch in the Metro centre.I left her sitting at a table while I got our order and when I came back she was standing by herself with two lads and a girl sitting there, they had told her to move.i lost the plot and ashamedly punched one of the lads in question and was about to deck the other one before I realised what I was doing and stepped away,now I feel so bad that my daughter had to see this There is no excuse for what u did it was bang outta order.Should it have been my kid u punched ull be locked up by now "

He didn't hit a kid he hit a guy in his mid to late twenties

Hope the cctv didn't catch you . Would have done the same though

Also I'd be more worried about if the other people had something on them like a gun or knife you just don't know....

"Should it have been my kid u punched ull be locked up by now who hit a Kid"

you hit someones child.

"Can't say I would have done exactly the same, as you never know unless you're put in that situation, but I have put myself physically between my son (11 at the time) and someone who raised their hand to slap him, and I can honestly say I would have done ANYTHING to protect him at that moment.

Explaining what you did was wrong and why would help, but also let her know it was with the best of intent, ie to protect her. "

I have done nd my daughter is fine and understands why I did it now, im not proud and just wish it never happened

I'm sorry but I'm a very liberal person who is in no way violent but as I read this situation those 'kids' got everything they deserved.

Some twenty years old intimidated ( and no doubt they did if they made her move) a ten year old girl who had every right to be sitting at a table. Some people need to learn the World isn't theirs and they can't treat others with disdain.

You may regret your actions but hopefully these idiots will learn from this situation.

Violence is rarely an answer but unfortunately it's all some idiots can understand and learn from so don't feel too bad.

Like I say I very rarely see violence as an answer but as someone who lives in a town full of such people my sympathies don't really extend to them.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Can't say I would have done exactly the same, as you never know unless you're put in that situation, but I have put myself physically between my son (11 at the time) and someone who raised their hand to slap him, and I can honestly say I would have done ANYTHING to protect him at that moment.

Explaining what you did was wrong and why would help, but also let her know it was with the best of intent, ie to protect her. "

Yes I can identify with that. I would have (and still would) stood in front of a speeding train for either of my kids. I think that in the cold light of day its easy to say that you would have moved to another table, reported to the manager etc etc but in the heat of the moment its very different.

How can the word "thug" be used here .

A thug is someone who doesn't care how they behave as long as they get what they want and they don't care who gets hurt along the way doesn't matter as long as they are happy.

This bloke was protecting his child. Any threat to a parent/child and the other one will react extremely strongly and probably even more strongly if they were there at the time. It is debatable whether this guy was in the right or wrong, but its the blokes who was picking on his daughter are the thugs.

hertfordshire

if anyone hurt my kids no matter how old I don't think id be responsible for my actions

these yobs annoy me as they are big men when in a group but the biggest cowards when alone

By *st timers 2012Couple  over a year ago

helmsdale

It's your job as a parent never to let any harm come to your children! They shouldn't have moved her or touched her belongings maybe you could have dealt with it better though as your no good to your daughter behind bars either mate.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Explaining what you did was wrong and why would help, but also let her know it was with the best of intent, ie to protect her. I have done nd my daughter is fine and understands why I did it now, im not proud and just wish it never happened"

Hopefully everyone involved has learned a lesson. Tomorrow is another day, move forward wiser and a little sadder.

"I'm sorry but a group of teenagers or early 20s putting your child's personal possessions doesn't deserve a smack or thump, and to behave in that matter in front of your child is disgusting!

"

OP you totally overreacted in my opinion...you assaulted a young adult in a busy family restaurant and to be honest the police should have been involved. Instead of wringing your hands on here seeking validation of your actions you should be thankful you weren't arrested for assault

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

"I lost my temper in front of my daughter today,we were in Mc donalds for lunch in the Metro centre.I left her sitting at a table while I got our order and when I came back she was standing by herself with two lads and a girl sitting there, they had told her to move.i lost the plot and ashamedly punched one of the lads in question and was about to deck the other one before I realised what I was doing and stepped away,now I feel so bad that my daughter had to see this

There is no excuse for what u did it was bang outta order.Should it have been my kid u punched ull be locked up by now "

But you wouldn't pull up your offspring about kicking a 10 yr old girl off her table, throwing her stuff on the floor and then when her parent turns up telling him to fuck off?

There is nothing stronger than a parents protective instinct. Be careful though. Not worth getting nicked for these idiots. I speak from experience of a similar incident. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Tbh.i would have done the same mess with my kids do so at your own peril. Yes she saw it but she knows no matter what dad's got my back.

"Should it have been my kid u punched ull be locked up by now who hit a Kid

you hit someones child."

technically I suppose yes but they wernt a kid

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm sorry but a group of teenagers or early 20s putting your child's personal possessions doesn't deserve a smack or thump, and to behave in that matter in front of your child is disgusting!

OP you totally overreacted in my opinion...you assaulted a young adult in a busy family restaurant and to be honest the police should have been involved. Instead of wringing your hands on here seeking validation of your actions you should be thankful you weren't arrested for assault "

he isn't seeking validation.

At twenty years old, they are old enough to know better, but the world is full of ignorant bullies unfortunately. I can understand you seeing red.

Explaining what you did was wrong and why would help, but also let her know it was with the best of intent, ie to protect her. I have done nd my daughter is fine and understands why I did it now, im not proud and just wish it never happened

Hopefully everyone involved has learned a lesson. Tomorrow is another day, move forward wiser and a little sadder."

thank you

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Losing your temper over something so trivial would concern me, especially as your initial action was violence. Life is stressful, we're all under pressure, using your fist is not the answer.

Okay, you know you overreacted, apologise to your daughter as you don't want her to think violence is the answer.

I remember once when I was a kid, a tramp started shouting at me in the street - my dad immediately interceded between him and me and, after verbally dismantling him, told him in no uncertain terms that'd he'd beat him black and blue if he didn't leave immediately - he left immediately.

It was a horrible scene and I remember being terrified at the time, but that wasn't my dads fault. Looking back, I'm glad I had the sort of dad who would look out for me.

OP you totally overreacted in my opinion...you assaulted a young adult in a busy family restaurant and to be honest the police should have been involved. Instead of wringing your hands on here seeking validation of your actions you should be thankful you weren't arrested for assault "

im not seeking validation for my actions , im merely stating im ashamed of something I have done today, its way out of character for me,and whatever the outcome of this I wll take as its only me to blame for what I did

Wow!

1. That you'd assault anybody over something so pathetic

2. That you'd do it while employed as a University Lecturer (for which you surely can't be suited?)

3. That people would Defend your behaviour

4. That you'd even write about it in the first place

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I hear you, been there myself, it's the feeling that you let you kid down, you didn't you are human after all, it's only a problem if its a constant thing

I see it very differently, if you can get violent over something so unimportant, I would get help. we are all under pressure constantly, violence is never an answer."

Pretty much my _iew too!

Don't blame you alot of young adults these days need a good punch.At least you stepped away just be careful in future try and keep calm.

These days you never know if they have a weapon on them.

By *arlock69Man  over a year ago

Batley... (near Leeds)

Don't blame yourself...grown adults bullied a 10 yr old girl from where she was sat and dumped her stuff on the floor...you tried to speak to them and got verbally abused...personally I would have punched both guys and dumped whatever food/drinks over the girl...idiots only learn the hard way!!!!

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

.......What crap...good on you m8...you stood up to bullies...would have done same thing...this has nothing to do with being a violent thug ( utter crap ) hold your head high m8...prob is that you didnt slap the other guy as well....

By *hecat007Woman  over a year ago

Round the corner

Hate violence of any kind and yea it sounds as if the guys were very rude and upset your daughter too so understand your anger . Imagine their point of _iew too they queued for their food tray in hand looked around no free tables one girl alone at a full table no food just holding a empty table when they needed to sit

Leeds.

"I lost my temper in front of my daughter today,we were in Mc donalds for lunch in the Metro centre.I left her sitting at a table while I got our order and when I came back she was standing by herself with two lads and a girl sitting there, they had told her to move.i lost the plot and ashamedly punched one of the lads in question and was about to deck the other one before I realised what I was doing and stepped away,now I feel so bad that my daughter had to see this There is no excuse for what u did it was bang outta order.Should it have been my kid u punched ull be locked up by now who hit a Kid"

Not saying there was a violent attack on your step daughter. But if they so much as shoved her or pushed her or even simply touched her that is common asault.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

"it isn't like me at all , in fact I cnt even remember the last time I even shouted at anyone ,just saw red as my daughter looked very upset at what they had done,im not proud of what ive done to be honest, at the time I felt great but 5 mins after it ive felt bad since "

I can understand that you are upset annoyed and cross at yourself. Until you are in that situation it's hard to comment. If someone did that to my child I hope I wouldn't flip but the urge to protect your child is strong.

Yes it's assault. Am sure if the person bullying your child had attracted your child then you would do the same. Fight or flight.

Talk to your daughter and explain yourself. Explain to her your appalled at your behaviour.

hertfordshire

ok the op does realise he did wrong but you all tell me you wouldn't have done the same the minute the yob said fuck off? maybe if he had a drink he would have got it poured over his head !!! anyway he may think twice about bullying now

ok, have read the thread through and cant find anywhere where you have said you tried to reason with them, just spoke and was tld to fuck off.

i cannot condone what you did and as said, you should be charged with assault.

bad manners doesnt require physical violence to alleviate.

that said, i doubt they will carry out these actions in the future, but still, you went way too far and i would expect a call from the fuzz some time in the near future, as im sure once these lads families have heard of this, they will be in touch with the police

"

Anything that makes someone think about what they have done wrong, has to be good. Every thread will attract many _iews, and by saying what you feel, is good communication, which is exactly what the Op was about, or lack of communication.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

"ok the op does realise he did wrong but you all tell me you wouldn't have done the same the minute the yob said fuck off? maybe if he had a drink he would have got it poured over his head !!! anyway he may think twice about bullying now"

"ok the op does realise he did wrong but you all tell me you wouldn't have done the same the minute the yob said fuck off? maybe if he had a drink he would have got it poured over his head !!! anyway he may think twice about bullying now"

no i wouldnt have done the same.

i would have taken their meals and dumped them on the floor and let them make the first move.

self defence is better than attack

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Crikey.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"ok the op does realise he did wrong but you all tell me you wouldn't have done the same the minute the yob said fuck off? "

I think people are very good at saying how they would handle a situation when they aren't in it.

Sorry I have to laugh at the manly grunts of support (including the female ones). It's pathetic behaviour by his own admission and anybody not able to control their anger should be seeking support somewhere other than a swingers forum.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"ok, have read the thread through and cant find anywhere where you have said you tried to reason with them, just spoke and was tld to fuck off.

that said, i doubt they will carry out these actions in the future, but still, you went way too far and i would expect a call from the fuzz some time in the near future, as im sure once these lads families have heard of this, they will be in touch with the police"

the lads are in their mid to late twenties. My son is 22 and if he came home and said "some guy decked me because I moved his ten year old daughter from a table in McDonalds and put her belongings on the floor" the last place I'd go would be the police station. I would be angry at both adults in the situation.

The OP feels bad enough. So shows he has a conscience unlike the thugs he had the misfortune to meet.

People's post on this thread makes me wish they were in that situation and how they would have dealt with it. Then I think its not their fault they have stupid parents. So why should they suffer.

Easy to say - I'd like to hear it from the other point of _iew too though - I'll bet it's a little different.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Easy to say - I'd like to hear it from the other point of _iew too though - I'll bet it's a little different."

that is a big problem in threads liek this we only get to hear one side of the story.

By *ucyhenry69Couple  over a year ago

Hampton

They should not have done that to a little girl.

Its very easy for people to condemn your actions. They weren't there. All you saw was a couple of louts who had bullied a ten year old girl. Of course your reaction was violent, but this was a child in your care who was visibly upset by these idiots. We have all done things that we are ashamed of and regret, but what is done is done. Its easy to cast the first stone. We are all human and have a breaking point. A few months back , my mother, who is 78, was nearly barged into the road by a couple of schoolgirls. My poor old mum was in tears, and the girls sniggered and called her names.I can honestly say, if I had seen this, I would have smacked them both hard around the face. Bugger the consequences.

Then good for you mate, I'd have done the same still feel bad

No need to feel bad. You looked after and defended your step daughter. You tought these bullies a well deserved lesson. Hopefully it will help them to consider their actions in the future."

. Yeah you did well you taught the bullies that you were also a thug and bully!! Well done big slap on the back. I would say you were more out of order than them in honesty, they had no right to move your daughter to sit down however you after exchanging words decided to punch one of them! Was it worth it???

"ok the op does realise he did wrong but you all tell me you wouldn't have done the same the minute the yob said fuck off?

I think people are very good at saying how they would handle a situation when they aren't in it. "

Probably because they know they'd never resort to violence

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

yes,im aware of this

That doesn't excuse violence.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I would have eaten their burgers.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"The OP feels bad enough. So shows he has a conscience unlike the thugs he had the misfortune to meet.

People's post on this thread makes me wish they were in that situation and how they would have dealt with it. Then I think its not their fault they have stupid parents. So why should they suffer. "

Who has "stupid parents" and TBH how would you know if they did or not?

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I would have eaten their burgers. "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

yes,im aware of this

That doesn't excuse violence."

I didn't mean to suggest that it did just that if anything did come of it the whole story would be there

Most sensible suggestion so far. Sit down with them, share some fries, bit of small talk about the good old days..

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

So you want all people to say " there there you ig thug don't worry that you are violent and enjoyed it especially in front of your daughter"

I can't say that, I echo whoever you are quoted....You should have been arrested for assault. What's shocking is that you only seem ashaned that your daughter witnessed this and not that you are a violent thug.

"ok, have read the thread through and cant find anywhere where you have said you tried to reason with them, just spoke and was tld to fuck off.

that said, i doubt they will carry out these actions in the future, but still, you went way too far and i would expect a call from the fuzz some time in the near future, as im sure once these lads families have heard of this, they will be in touch with the police"

He didn't go to far as if he achieved this. (People not acting like that in the future) and no one was harmed much. He didn't go too far. Doing extreme damage like breaking bones/risking lives, causing extreme damage to property is going too far. Also if my child came home at that age and said someone hit him and told me the truth and it was because of this. I wouldn't go to the police. I would try and contact the bloke and even daughter concerned and apologise. Going out of your way to terrorise a child deserves punishment of some sort and as its only verbal I doubt the police or anyone would step in for that.

At the end of the day. If a child is a victim of something the parent will do all possible to protect them. Especially when in the situation. The law half the time won't enter their heads. Secondly in the long run the child will look back and be glad they had someone looking out for them.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

yes,im aware of this

That doesn't excuse violence.

I didn't mean to suggest that it did just that if anything did come of it the whole story would be there "

I can't see how that would matter , only one person was assaulted.

"ok the op does realise he did wrong but you all tell me you wouldn't have done the same the minute the yob said fuck off?

I think people are very good at saying how they would handle a situation when they aren't in it.

Probably because they know they'd never resort to violence "

Oh but they would - and they'd make big manly grunting noises and some gorilla chest thumping... all from the comfort of their sofa of course.

hertfordshire

op did the management step in when all hell broke loose if so what happened

I guess the OP is genuinely ashamed and probably would change things given a chance.

But the fact remains that someone was physically assaulted ? To what extent I don't know ? Did he bang his head, detach his retina, cause internal bleeding ? All these things happen in assaults, its not TV.

I'm sure the men were loud and boisterous puffing out their young chests, but to all the morons and armchair hard men advocating violence , what message are you sending out ?

Please don't preach this sad get them before they get you rubbish ( probably learnt on a Xbox )

Shouldn't the safe extraction of the gentlemans daughter have been the priority ?

Have we not developed beyond smashing eachother everytime something happens that we don't like ?

Beggars belief.

You feel bad about it now and that says to me that it is not a regular occurance....mark it up to a bad day and something you did out of character.

Don't beat yourself up too much about it now - what's done is done

"When things happen that involve you're kids, were bound to lose it at times, don't feel bad I'm sure won't think bad of you, probably love you even more

you are remorseful yes, but is it because you have shown a dark side and the image you want to portray has been shattered or a case of genuine regret at assaulting someone ?

Report to the local police station, explain what happened and confess your actions. Its a good place to start with genuine regret and setting a true example of how to behave with integrity. "

And then be promptly arrested, gain a criminal record... Etc. Why ? What good does that serve ? And the lads will probably be awarded damages for their "traumatic" experience, be sent on an all expenses paid holiday. Poor lambs.

And continue bullying ten year olds.

Justice truly served.

those that say if they were the parents of the lad that did wrong in the first place, are level headed, much like myself, and i agree, i wouldnt do either.

that said, how many of you, as parents, have seen down at the school, when a child is found to be doing wrong, they back the child to the hilt, no matter what, and thats what some parents do.

the refuse to see they has raised a little shit and instead blame the world for being harsh on their poor baby.

sorry, but its true, and thats whats wrong with the world as it is.

and it still doesnt make 2 wrongs, right

"Easy to say - I'd like to hear it from the other point of _iew too though - I'll bet it's a little different."

It is noticable that there is only one side of this story.

We have known lamin for quite a few year now , and would like to say this is totally out of character for him,it has surprised us after his thread on here.and knowing him I can truthfully say he will be devastated over his actions

"The OP feels bad enough. So shows he has a conscience unlike the thugs he had the misfortune to meet.

People's post on this thread makes me wish they were in that situation and how they would have dealt with it. Then I think its not their fault they have stupid parents. So why should they suffer.

Who has "stupid parents" and TBH how would you know if they did or not? "

People who have said they disapprove of this guys behaviour 100%. Are either bully's or too weak to stand up to them. Sometimes when confronting a bully. A fight does tend to break loose as its a like a fight for survival. Attack or be attacked. Thugs look for fights. This guy was protecting his daughter. Being violent isn't natural to him, which is why he stopped half way through losing his temper. So that alone shows he isn't a thug. If this was me. I'd be more concerned about being arrested and my daughter. I wouldn't care what people think because everyone who saw it and people who knew me. Knows what I am like anyway and if anyone asks I'll just say I was protecting my daughter.

His step daughter god help them if it was his real daughter.

"His step daughter god help them if it was his real daughter."
my step daughter and daughter mean the world to me equally

People who have said they disapprove of this guys behaviour 100%. Are either bully's or too weak to stand up to them. Sometimes when confronting a bully. A fight does tend to break loose as its a like a fight for survival. Attack or be attacked. Thugs look for fights. This guy was protecting his daughter. Being violent isn't natural to him, which is why he stopped half way through losing his temper. So that alone shows he isn't a thug. If this was me. I'd be more concerned about being arrested and my daughter. I wouldn't care what people think because everyone who saw it and people who knew me. Knows what I am like anyway and if anyone asks I'll just say I was protecting my daughter. "

You know nothing about the situation other than what has been written above - unless you were there?

And how was he 'defending' his daughter?

I'm neither a bully nor weak, so take your own assumptions and try sticking them somewhere useful.

People who have said they disapprove of this guys behaviour 100%. Are either bully's or too weak to stand up to them. Sometimes when confronting a bully. A fight does tend to break loose as its a like a fight for survival. Attack or be attacked. Thugs look for fights. This guy was protecting his daughter. Being violent isn't natural to him, which is why he stopped half way through losing his temper. So that alone shows he isn't a thug. If this was me. I'd be more concerned about being arrested and my daughter. I wouldn't care what people think because everyone who saw it and people who knew me. Knows what I am like anyway and if anyone asks I'll just say I was protecting my daughter.

You know nothing about the situation other than what has been written above - unless you were there?

And how was he 'defending' his daughter?

I'm neither a bully nor weak, so take your own assumptions and try sticking them somewhere useful."

"Anger management for you."

I have to agree I can understand your anger but you have decked someone elses child

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"People who have said they disapprove of this guys behaviour 100%. Are either bully's or too weak to stand up to them."

I am neither a bully not too weak to stand up for my daughter thank you. I think that when you resort to violence you have lost control, and I am very aware of how bad my temper is when I lose control.

However I was not there and so will not assume that the OP was a fire breathing thug or an angelic hero. He knows he did wrong, and suggesting that those of us who agree with that are weak is wrong also. Violence is never a solution.

We are all human everyone makes mistakes ! No point looking back you need to deal with the affects which it sounds like you have with you daughter.... I'm surprised no one else stepped in b4 you got back to the table ... I know I would not have just sat back and watched it happen to a young girl !!!!

Tayside

People who have said they disapprove of this guys behaviour 100%. Are either bully's or too weak to stand up to them. Sometimes when confronting a bully. A fight does tend to break loose as its a like a fight for survival. Attack or be attacked. Thugs look for fights. This guy was protecting his daughter. Being violent isn't natural to him, which is why he stopped half way through losing his temper. So that alone shows he isn't a thug. If this was me. I'd be more concerned about being arrested and my daughter. I wouldn't care what people think because everyone who saw it and people who knew me. Knows what I am like anyway and if anyone asks I'll just say I was protecting my daughter. "

I 100% don't agree with his actions so you're saying I have stupid parents?

Again you have no idea about anyone's parents from what they say or do on here and just because people don't back the OP's actions it doesn't make them a bully either!

The easiest way the OP (or you if you were in that situation) to protect his daughter was to walk away and not to start a fist fight!

Newcastle and Gateshead

knowing how up on security the metrocentre is.. I am surprised no one showed up, be that police or shopping centre security....

I am not going to condone it, because it is common assault, and you could have been in serious trouble.. but maybe the fact that is seems like you have gotten away with it is your pennance

hertfordshire

if nobody stands up to these bullies they will think its acceptable behaviour

Who knows, I may have done the same myself, I refuse to judge you or the situation.

I stand by this. Do what you think is right at the time.

Well done, next time the "victim" decides to act like an ass, he may remember and be polite, he may now be a model citizen.

Ohhh please.....I've never heard such twoodle

So anyone who doesn't condone the OP's violence is a bully or a coward in your opinion???

You were protecting your loved one, im Shaw you would be feeling even worse if youd of done nothing..

"if nobody stands up to these bullies they will think its acceptable behaviour "

I agree with this, if everybody stood up to antisocial behaviour in a direct action sort of way.... there would be chaos.... but chaos with a cause!!

It could be argued that you had no right to reserve a seat in the first place. Assuming this 20 year old so and so along with his friends were eating, then they must have been in the queue first and so should have been granted the table im my opinion. It annoys me when I am in a queue and someone from behind swoops in and takes a table.

Also, many men feel it is wrong to hit a woman. This may be presumptuous, but I assume you feel the same way. Therefore, if this was a group of 20 year old girls giving it the 'big I am' would you have punched the girl in the face?

One punch is a warning of the violence that may come, if one does not drastically change.

"His step daughter god help them if it was his real daughter.my step daughter and daughter mean the world to me equally"

I find it completely irrelevant that it was his step daughter and I would be so upset to think my dad would treat me any different if it was his sperm that created me.

"if nobody stands up to these bullies they will think its acceptable behaviour

I agree with this, if everybody stood up to antisocial behaviour in a direct action sort of way.... there would be chaos.... but chaos with a cause!!"

At last. Someone with sense.

"Hate violence of any kind and yea it sounds as if the guys were very rude and upset your daughter too so understand your anger . Imagine their point of _iew too they queued for their food tray in hand looked around no free tables one girl alone at a full table no food just holding a empty table when they needed to sit "

Oh, that's OK then. They should wait for a table like anyone else, or politely explain to the little girl that they will move once her daddy returns. There is no excuse for these idiots behaviour.

I would never leave a child of 10 years old at a table would rather wait and have her with me, could have been worse people who could have joined her there.

Good for you they idiots should know better, I know it won't make you feel any.better for what happened. At least you feel remorse for your actions, I doubt if the others will.

Very easy to say what you would do if you were there when your not in the heat of the moment.

The guy has said he is ashamed if his actions he isn't seeking validation.

He said he did try speaking to the men (yep if your in your 20's your a grown adult and responsible for you actions as much as the next person.) and was told to fuck off, and then the red mist came over him and he clocked him one. When it comes to protecting your kids sometimes the red mist takes over, sometimes you can control it, other times you can't. It's unfortunate but at least he accepts that he dealt with it wrong and feels ashamed.

Maybe in the future he will deal with such situations better as a result of this? Who knows, but your intensions were to protect your child and I personally wont fault you on that. If the management didnt get involved and the blokes carried on eating and just left I doubt the police will be involved to be honest.

It's not worth getting into trouble with the police over scum like that though so hopefully in future you will try harder not to loose your cool, but you never know how your gonna react when you feel your kids are being threatened, it's not as black and white as some make it out to be, the love for your children can bring out the best and worst in you.

Hope you have squared things with your daughter and she is ok.

My dad is the most placid man you could ever meet but one day lost it at a grown man who lived up the road who grabbed my sister, he was cutting the hedge at the time so had a chainsaw in his hand, he squared right upto him and told him if he ever came near his kids again it would be the last thing he ever did. Me and my siblings were sat on the wall cheering, kids aren't stupid they are switched on as to what's going on. Never seen my dad like that since but even the most placid can snap if their children are threatened, doesnt make you a thug or some monster.

"You were protecting your loved one, im Shaw you would be feeling even worse if youd of done nothing.. "

He wasn't protecting anyone, his daughter wasn't in any danger!!!!!

I'd feel the same mate.

instead of punching him, you could've told them to shift, then if they didnt, chuck their belongings including food on the floor before hitting him.

there are some scumbags out now.

"You were protecting your loved one, im Shaw you would be feeling even worse if youd of done nothing..

He wasn't protecting anyone, his daughter wasn't in any danger!!!!!"

What a pathetic comment!

I have children and I would stick up for them if they are being bullied and have done previously!

Just because I don't condone violence

Doesn't make me a bulky or weak!

The lads just took their table!! Hardly makes them thugs, the OP is a mature adult who should be setting an example for his child! Not going around thumping lads

So you want all people to say " there there you ig thug don't worry that you are violent and enjoyed it especially in front of your daughter"

I can't say that, I echo whoever you are quoted....You should have been arrested for assault. What's shocking is that you only seem ashaned that your daughter witnessed this and not that you are a violent thug.

"

You got that from what i wrote and yr a mod maybe time to retire if thats the case

I agree with this, if everybody stood up to antisocial behaviour in a direct action sort of way.... there would be chaos.... but chaos with a cause!!

At last. Someone with sense. "

But it is true, in the past when I was young....and we went to pubs, they were largely self policed by the older generations also frequenting the pub. Go to a pub nowadays, it is just young people getting pissed up with no one telling them when to stop, or when to behave. At KFC a few weeks ago I stopped a group of teenagers having a food fight, not one other person intervened... all I had to do was to shout "Fucking BEHAVE"... I would really have liked to have punched them. My point being I suppose, is we are too used to bad behaviour, if we accept it, it will stay.

"Anger management for you.

I have to agree I can understand your anger but you have decked someone elses child "

Someone in there 20's is not a child, maybe if society stopped treating them as such we wouldn't have so many arse wipes going around thinking they can bully 10 year old girls in McDonald's and have no one call them up on it?

hertfordshire

At last. Someone with sense.

But it is true, in the past when I was young....and we went to pubs, they were largely self policed by the older generations also frequenting the pub. Go to a pub nowadays, it is just young people getting pissed up with no one telling them when to stop, or when to behave. At KFC a few weeks ago I stopped a group of teenagers having a food fight, not one other person intervened... all I had to do was to shout "Fucking BEHAVE"... I would really have liked to have punched them. My point being I suppose, is we are too used to bad behaviour, if we accept it, it will stay.

"

management are there to deal with such behaviour the problem is nobody likes to complain when they should do

And your profile says not pushy in any way

"His step daughter god help them if it was his real daughter."

What a ridiculous statement.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

the moment you lifted your hands

a strong word with them would have done the job.

Bucks

"And your profile says not pushy in any way "
Meaning ?

Personally, I think you did 3 people a big favour.

You showed your 10 year old daughter that you are able to protect her from ADULTS who were bullying her by taking her table and throwing her clothes and bag on the floor.

You showed an ADULT that bullying a 10 year old child is not acceptable and would have consequences - hopefully, he will take this as a life lesson and never try to bully a child again.

You showed yourself to be a caring and protective father - violence isn't always the right answer, but sometimes it's the best one.

Well done to you.

Bucks

The problem is he didn't like seeing how his young daughter was treated. I would of been pretty miffed if it was my daughter. We all react diffently in the heat of the moment.

"His step daughter god help them if it was his real daughter.

What a ridiculous statement."

And people make gestures about my posts and yet this idiot posts that .

A daughter and step daughter are loved equally for gods sake.

Well it certainly made for an interesting read and I feel a little safer knowing which people not to sit with in a fast food restaurant.

"Personally, I think you did 3 people a big favour.

You showed your 10 year old daughter that you are able to protect her from ADULTS who were bullying her by taking her table and throwing her clothes and bag on the floor.

You showed an ADULT that bullying a 10 year old child is not acceptable and would have consequences - hopefully, he will take this as a life lesson and never try to bully a child again.

You showed yourself to be a caring and protective father - violence isn't always the right answer, but sometimes it's the best one.

Well done to you."

Or...

You demonstrated to your daughter that violence is a solution.

You put your daughter at potential risk by instigating a physical fight right next to her.

You highlighted how many morons on here would find your behaviour acceptable.

I never meant this thread to turn into a slanging match for people to slate other peoples _iews.We all have a right to voice opinions on whatever subject,I feel ashamed and foolish about my actions today,sorry if ive offended anyone by this thread

Bucks

"His step daughter god help them if it was his real daughter.

What a ridiculous statement.

And people make gestures about my posts and yet this idiot posts that .

A daughter and step daughter are loved equally for gods sake. "

my daughter has just had her niece move in with them. I treat her like a granddaughter. However its been a huge change for my natural granddaughter. In the space of 2 mths shes become a big sister and now has an older cousin living with her as well. I will pick her up from school once a week and spend time with her. At the age of 6 its a huge change for her.

Tayside

"Personally, I think you did 3 people a big favour.

Well done to you.

Or...

You demonstrated to your daughter that violence is a solution.

You put your daughter at potential risk by instigating a physical fight right next to her.

You highlighted how many people on here would find your behaviour acceptable."

My oh my.

So much support ( with a few notable exceptions)in favour of a clear unprovoked assault.

Glad i wasn't nearby and had the temerity to nick one of his chips.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

to the OP...

Dont be ashamed, you have nothing to be ashamed about. Although calling 20 odd year olds kids was a mistake on your part.

However all those who witnessed a 10 YO being bullied by 3 adults and those here who seem to think you are in the wrong do have something to feel very ashamed about. The fact is that if you fail to stand up to those who use violence or the threat of violence to enforce their will on others than they will continue with that behavior and there is a good chance they will escalate the behavior. The chances are that if "remonstrated" with them as some here would have had you do that they would have ganged up on you, that your reaction was to hit one of them probably saved you a kicking and may have caused at least one of them to reconsider their behavior and modify it.

Sometimes a smack in the face followed by a kick in the crutch is the best thing thing to do.

I have a ten year old daughter and understand ur anger but there are better ways to handle this,and that is to embarrass them by firmly speaking to them and walking away

Wot u did was wrong,I know u feel remorse,but ur daughter witnessed ur behaviour,2 wrongs don't make a right.its all abt showing children. How to behave in a aggressive society,and how to be strong by walking away,ur not weak,it could have been worse he could have hit back and the mates joined in,ur daughter could have then got caught in crossfire

I'm not having a go at u as what is done is done,it is just how I handle things

Did you know, as a matter of company policy MacDonalds will refuse to serves Horses and Cyclists using the drive through.

Mad, i tells ya.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You got that from what i wrote and yr a mod maybe time to retire if thats the case "

Hardly.

I commented on you telling others that they should keep their _iews to themselves because you don't want to hear it.

It is a forum where people can comment,some may not like the comments but as long as they don't break any rules they are allowed to.

If you don't like that or something I have said, the best place to send your feedback is to Admin from the CONTACT button or report the post.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

This place has more saints than the Catholic Church...

It's funny how people are quick to judge and call the OP a thug without knowing the full facts, but are offended when someone makes a judgement about them...