FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Paying for membership!!

Paying for membership!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To the powers that be!!

I've come to the conclusion everybody has joined fab for there own reasons, however the majority to meet like minded people for adult fun.

Would the site be far more beneficial to all if their was a fee to join and no free membership. I'm thinking that way only the serious people who have a genuine interest in actually meeting would join.

(Maybe)

It may get rid of the nosey people who just join out of pure curiosity, and days later "user no longer on site"

It would also give folk a little more confidence knowing that the person you message is perhaps a little more of a serious player on here. I'm sure some just join to look at the pics and see if they know anyone local to them!

What do you think, is there any mileage in this!?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

This is an idea that has been doing the rounds for about x number of years with arguments for and against. The search function will bring up 94 threads full of them

By *exycleanerWoman  over a year ago

pontefract

no no no believe i was a swinger long before these sights were even invented there has been timewasters for years even on pay sites x

"This is an idea that has been doing the rounds for about x number of years with arguments for and against. The search function will bring up 94 threads full of them "

I think it's def something that would sort the wood from the trees, and if this is a serious site for swingers well can't understand why it's not been implemented.

Been on other sites and they charge like £20 per month for single guys. Maybe that's why the numbers here have shot through the roof.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

This is the only totally free site I have joined (all the previous ones were cheap or free-ish for females but pay only for males) and I have had much more and better meets from this site.

One of the problems with one of the pay sites I belonged to was that the men felt entitled to a meet because they had paid for it. Also, as this is more of a social site than the others, I think it unfair to make people pay.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think as long as it doesn't costing too much then it's not a bad idea. £5 for 60 days is good and why I am here, I immediately refuse any other site because they are far far too much. Here it is just right, charging anymore though and I would leave.

I think newbies should be given maybe so many hours free, even a day or 2 then be made to pay, because I certainly wouldn't pay without trying the site for a bit first.

It would be good to get rid of the fakes and nosey people, even the guys pretending to be women....

Is it just me or do you see a lot of 'women' with pics that are so obviously fake! Many are clearly photo's of a pics from a magazine, computer screen, tv or the like as you can see the reflection, or the pixel lines cameras pick up from tv screens or computers

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I've had my time wasted in pay sites way more then I have on free sites. Idiots still have money.

If you feel your time is being wasted loads then maybe look at your selection process rather than asking a site to babysit you.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

the fact that fab is free is what attracts

"This is an idea that has been doing the rounds for about x number of years with arguments for and against. The search function will bring up 94 threads full of them

I think it's def something that would sort the wood from the trees, and if this is a serious site for swingers well can't understand why it's not been implemented.

Been on other sites and they charge like £20 per month for single guys. Maybe that's why the numbers here have shot through the roof.

"

If this site started charging £20 a month a lot of the genuine people would leave as well. If people really want to join to be nosey, look at pics, search for locals or for whatever other reason, they'll pay the fee. Fakes and nosey parkers have money too.

I understand what you're trying to say but you would be penalising the genuine people as well. If this site started charging £20 a month for everyone I'd have to think twice about it. I don't mind paying the £5 for 60 days as I think it's a bargain but you will never get rid of all the fakes and time wasters from any site. We just have to put up with them.

"the fact that fab is free is what attracts "

Though anything that is free isn't always good in life..... Maybe a trial period for newbies sounds like a great idea.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This is an idea that has been doing the rounds for about x number of years with arguments for and against. The search function will bring up 94 threads full of them

"

I more like the idea of "last in, first out"... and since you have been here 5 months.... and i have been here 5 years... see ya!!!!

people can use the site the way they want to.. and get whatever they want out of it... its the beauty of the site...

the phrase "Real players" is one of those that gets peoples back up quick smart.....

you say you have been on sites where they charge 20 per month for single males.... and yet you are complaining and using for free.......

irony anyone......

I was on a fairly pricey paying site for a few of months and left because I was sick of chatting for a couple of weeks, then mention the word 'meet' and they'd never be heard of again. I'm not saying that never happens on here, but when it's costing me less than 10p per day it bothers me far less!

"This is the only totally free site I have joined (all the previous ones were cheap or free-ish for females but pay only for males) and I have had much more and better meets from this site.

One of the problems with one of the pay sites I belonged to was that the men felt entitled to a meet because they had paid for it. Also, as this is more of a social site than the others, I think it unfair to make people pay."

I more like the idea of "last in, first out"... and since you have been here 5 months.... and i have been here 5 years... see ya!!!!

people can use the site the way they want to.. and get whatever they want out of it... its the beauty of the site...

the phrase "Real players" is one of those that gets peoples back up quick smart.....

you say you have been on sites where they charge 20 per month for single males.... and yet you are complaining and using for free.......

irony anyone......"

Time served only suggest rose tinted glasses, and an inability to see from a fresh perspective.

I actually am a full member if you checked my profile.... I do pay and have no problem with that.

Thanks.

If we had to pay for the site we would leave. Thankfully we do not need this site to continue our swinging lifestyle. I also think it would be a great shame to start paying as this is what attracts so many and provides this site a strong community.

It wouldn't stop timewasters as you get them everywhere, in fact if you made it cheaper for women than men... you would probably get more men pretending to be women.

Whilst timewasters are annoying, charging those who are not a timewaster is punishing the wrong people.

Sarah

Now if I was guaranteed a guy a week then I would pay, oooh, a tenner a month? I wonder, does platinum membership do that?

Fab has to have numbers, to attract advertising and to create a product that has value, without the many non paying members, the price would be prohibitive to many.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Time served only suggest rose tinted glasses, and an inability to see from a fresh perspective.

I actually am a full member if you checked my profile.... I do pay and have no problem with that.

Thanks. "

inability to see... nah... see in those years I have worked out a way to stand out in my own fashion...

........... yes, it also looks like you are trying to keep others out....

so your 20 per suggestion.... does that only apply to single guys or to everyone????

the issue is that it blames everything else but you... for you are completely blamesless and its the sites fault... even though the site gives you all the options to make it work for you.....

"serious players", "genuine people", "timewasters" blah blah blah..... all such easy phrases to throw out.....

I think the site is fine just the way it is now...

"

Thanks.

inability to see... nah... see in those years I have worked out a way to stand out in my own fashion...

........... yes, it also looks like you are trying to keep others out....

so your 20 per suggestion.... does that only apply to single guys or to everyone????

the issue is that it blames everything else but you... for you are completely blamesless and its the sites fault... even though the site gives you all the options to make it work for you.....

"serious players", "genuine people", "timewasters" blah blah blah..... all such easy phrases to throw out.....

"

Good for you and congratulations, I'm sure you have made it work.

I'm just putting a suggestion across in the forum and seeing what people's reactions are negative or positive. I haven't given any indication of what the charge should be only what I've paid in the past on they sites!!

Does make me chuckle though I mention money for a life's style you choose and everyone goes defensive.

Chill people why is everyone so angry lol.

I don't think it would change a thing. Time wasters have money as well .

"I don't think it would change a thing. Time wasters have money as well ."

Having paid a fee to join an organisation/event/whatever, does not make the person a better one, IMHO.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I'm just putting a suggestion across in the forum and seeing what people's reactions are negative or positive. I haven't given any indication of what the charge should be only what I've paid in the past on they sites!! "

but the point is if those sites are so good... you would be still there and wouldn't be here... right????

and yet... you try to change this site into one like that..... like I said... Irony???

"

Does make me chuckle though I mention money for a life's style you choose and everyone goes defensive.

"

I am glad you seem to have a lot of disposable income..... in this time not everyone does....

If I decide to go to a club, its because I have budgeted....

A joining fee wouldn't make any difference - idiots and nosey people also have money to spend.

"

I'm just putting a suggestion across in the forum and seeing what people's reactions are negative or positive. I haven't given any indication of what the charge should be only what I've paid in the past on they sites!!

but the point is if those sites are so good... you would be still there and wouldn't be here... right????

and yet... you try to change this site into one like that..... like I said... Irony???

I am glad you seem to have a lot of disposable income..... in this time not everyone does....

If I decide to go to a club, its because I have budgeted....

"

I think you seem to be ranting and not making much sense, it's called a forum and I'm "suggesting" only.

How do you know what sites I'm on very presumptuous of you again, next please.

And isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Alanis Morissette would think so

"This is the only totally free site I have joined (all the previous ones were cheap or free-ish for females but pay only for males) and I have had much more and better meets from this site.

One of the problems with one of the pay sites I belonged to was that the men felt entitled to a meet because they had paid for it. Also, as this is more of a social site than the others, I think it unfair to make people pay."

Agree. The entitlement feeling from guys on paid sites is much worse, and it's bad enough on here!

I've been on sites where the guys have to pay a lot for membership and still had timewasters. Money doesn't stop idiots.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

We don't use the site to meet people from here, we don't need a site for that. We are here to keep in contact with friends we have met. We pay to support the site. If it was a forced payment we wouldn't be here.

The site is just fine as it is

The problem is that an awful lot of "serious players", use this site as only a small part of their swinging life and they'd be the one that would leave. Would we pay £20 a month to be on here? Not a chance, we'd use the money to go to clubs.

I always think that the true motivation for these threads is a desire to reduce the opposition.

OP, you could always leave this site and sign up to a pay one? Granted non of them have the same volume of members as Fab currently does which is exactly what would happen on Fab if it became a pay site.

"The problem is that an awful lot of "serious players", use this site as only a small part of their swinging life and they'd be the one that would leave. Would we pay £20 a month to be on here? Not a chance, we'd use the money to go to clubs.

I always think that the true motivation for these threads is a desire to reduce the opposition.

OP, you could always leave this site and sign up to a pay one? Granted non of them have the same volume of members as Fab currently does which is exactly what would happen on Fab if it became a pay site."

I have no intention of leaving at all and do enjoy using the site since I joined 5 months ago.

Don't know where the £20 came from as I've never suggested an amount. I understand where your coming from and after reading what the majority of you have said..... Perhaps the site is fine as it is. If I could reduce the competition hell yes why not wouldn't we all.

Thanks for your input.

off to the pub!!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"To the powers that be!!

I've come to the conclusion everybody has joined fab for there own reasons, however the majority to meet like minded people for adult fun.

Would the site be far more beneficial to all if their was a fee to join and no free membership. I'm thinking that way only the serious people who have a genuine interest in actually meeting would join.

(Maybe)

It may get rid of the nosey people who just join out of pure curiosity, and days later "user no longer on site"

It would also give folk a little more confidence knowing that the person you message is perhaps a little more of a serious player on here. I'm sure some just join to look at the pics and see if they know anyone local to them!

What do you think, is there any mileage in this!?

"

Yeah, because timewasters don't have money!

I've been here five years. I've not once encountered a fake or timewaster: in fact I met my boyfriend here!

I've come to the conclusion that those that constantly get the run around would still attract them no matter what the site as they have poor judgement. Instead of trying to change a site that works for the majority, start with your own selection process!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I've had my time wasted in pay sites way more then I have on free sites. Idiots still have money.

If you feel your time is being wasted loads then maybe look at your selection process rather than asking a site to babysit you."

I'm not alone in my thinking I see!

Agree

I was on a paysite and had a meet in which the guy thought it was a done deal i was gonna have sex with him because he "had paid to join"

I informed him that if he wanted a prostitute, he was looking in the wrong place.

keep it free, time will out the nutjobs

If there was a fee to join I wouldn't be a member here and I'm certain that applies to many,many other members on here. This site wouldn't be anywhere near as good with a joining fee and these forums would be very sparse.

I am and will continue to be a silver member to show my support to the site. There is no pressure on any member to do so,that for me speaks for itself.

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

"Now if I was guaranteed a guy a week then I would pay, oooh, a tenner a month? I wonder, does platinum membership do that? "

Any woman could easily guarantee a guy a month, even one a week. Simply have no standards

Im genuine!

Too many fakes!

Too many timewasters!

All the woeful cries of people who simply have not figured out how to use the site properly and expect the people running it to take responsibility for THEIR poor selections and high expectations.

Charging a mandatory fee will not deter morons, even morons have money.

"Now if I was guaranteed a guy a week then I would pay, oooh, a tenner a month? I wonder, does platinum membership do that? "

Your going to get hounded for price setting now, thought £20 was the going rate lmfao!!!

"Now if I was guaranteed a guy a week then I would pay, oooh, a tenner a month? I wonder, does platinum membership do that?

Your going to get hounded for price setting now, thought £20 was the going rate lmfao!!!

"

I'm a cheap date

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

i have been on this site since the start i know of a couple of people who tried to set up their own charging sites after using this site and getting people to join... but every single one of them shut down and all members came flocking back here... it dont matter if your charge or not your still gonna get divs... and i find sometimes the more money the bigger the div in some cases so it wont stop any of the crap that goes on..

We have always paid and always will ..... nothing comes free

I think it works fine just the way it is ~ I like the fact that it's free but you can pay to be a site supporter & get the additional features.

"We have always paid and always will ..... nothing comes free"

Will say again!!!!!

No money will not stop the "divs" as the op suggested. Would it reduce the div numbers though!?

I think it may...... Flood gate time.

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

"We have always paid and always will ..... nothing comes free

Will say again!!!!!

No money will not stop the "divs" as the op suggested. Would it reduce the div numbers though!?

I think it may...... Flood gate time.

"

I dont think so tho as the paying sites i use i notice no decline in divs

To be fair, I think after being on here a little while you can usually tell the wheat from the chaff.. I've been on here over 18 months now and yet to encounter timewasters. If I feel someone is dodgy or not worth my time, I cut convo's short and move on.. As for the 5 quid for extra's I reckon its worth every penny Just my opinion mind....

» Add a new message to this topic