FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dear Mr Darling.....

Dear Mr Darling.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Dear Mr. Darling,

Please find below some suggestions for fixing Britain 's economy. Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay them £1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. = Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new British CAR. = Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage = Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They must send there kids / grandkids to school / college /university = Crime rate fixed

5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week there's your money back in duty / tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

And it would cost the country a darn sight less than we have forked out to bail out the banks!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know. If not, please disregard.

This is not mine but taken from an ex-pat newspaper in Spain. Makes sense to me!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"... but taken from an ex-pat newspaper in Spain"

ROFL

Someone in spain suggesting how to fix UK problems.

Do the UK ex pats want to come home, but can't afford it?

sounds good to me but just the one flaw realy and thats getting back the cash from the grasping mp's

"Dear Mr. Darling,

Please find below some suggestions for fixing Britain 's economy. Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay them £1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

2) They MUST buy a new British CAR. = Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage = Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They must send there kids / grandkids to school / college /university = Crime rate fixed

5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week there's your money back in duty / tax etc

And it would cost the country a darn sight less than we have forked out to bail out the banks!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know. If not, please disregard.

This is not mine but taken from an ex-pat newspaper in Spain. Makes sense to me!!"

Alternately mandatory euthanasia at 50 and you save a heap load of cash. Cut vastly the amount we have to pump into the NHS to look after the old. No pensions to have to provide as no one is allowed to live that long. The young would free spend as no point saving, they would all have jobs as you have freed 20 million jobs for the young. (factually wise there are not 20 million over 50’s working but for the sake of your post we will ignore this bit)

Results

20 million free jobs

Reduced NHS crisis

No pensions for the state to save for.

No dodders on the road.

A free flowing economy (No old age to save for).

And NO old goats in parliament.

Now isn’t that a far better proposition!

"Dear Mr. Darling,

This is not mine but taken from an ex-pat newspaper in Spain. Makes sense to me!!

Alternately mandatory euthanasia at 50 and you save a heap load of cash. Cut vastly the amount we have to pump into the NHS to look after the old. No pensions to have to provide as no one is allowed to live that long. The young would free spend as no point saving, they would all have jobs as you have freed 20 million jobs for the young. (factually wise there are not 20 million over 50’s working but for the sake of your post we will ignore this bit)

Results

20 million free jobs

Reduced NHS crisis

No pensions for the state to save for.

No dodders on the road.

A free flowing economy (No old age to save for).

And NO old goats in parliament.

Now isn’t that a far better proposition!

"

I'm 50 in six months, I don't want to die yet, only been swing two years!!!

ahh we can dream!!!

who is goin to train the yoofs to take these jobs??

are there any cars made in britain now? serious question cause i honestly dont know.

most people that age the mortgage is paid .

kids can only do this stuff if they already have the potential some kids who in the crime cycle already have dropped out of school give them a trainin course/ apprentiship instead.

impact on nhs of all these pissed up all dears smoking themselves to death!!

great idea though and lets face it any to get the economy goin is a good thing xx

Is anything made in britain anymore ?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 29/03/10 11:26:01]

Torquay

"Is anything made in britain anymore ? "

The stark reality is that the British public at large would not put 'Made in Britain' before value for money....

When it comes to people supporting the ideal of buying British made goods talk is very cheap......

"Is anything made in britain anymore ?

The stark reality is that the British public at large would not put 'Made in Britain' before value for money....

When it comes to people supporting the ideal of buying British made goods talk is very cheap......

"

If there are better quality goods that are made in other countries then why should I fork out extra for something made in Britain just because it was made in Britain?

What are biggest selling brands around, and are any of them British?

Nike: Japanese

Any car: Non-British

TV/Hi-Fi/PC: Non-British

~ see a pattern emerging here? We have no industry, nothing is made here anymore and we are a nation of people reliant upon foreign imports, with more and more arriving here each day so add to the growing burden of a state that cannot provide for them as it has no jobs to offer them.

It should come as no surprise that curry houses have overtaken the fish & chip shop as our favourite source of eating out/takeaway. Why? Because it's better food.

Torquay

Which is the point I was trying to make, the reality is that Foreign made goods are very often better and almost always cheaper.

People talk a lot about buying British but in the real world they rarely do.

Hence my point.....talk is cheap.

They will talk about it, but they won't stick to it.

"Is anything made in britain anymore ? "

fresh food! So get eating lol

"Dear Mr. Darling,

This is not mine but taken from an ex-pat newspaper in Spain. Makes sense to me!!"

Not talking bloody politics again! I thought this was a fun,swing site?

Torquay

Says the man who posted on a politics thread....

fresh food! So get eating lol"

Actually, something I noticed when I made a stir fry the other day, the baby sweet corn came from Kenya and the pea things were from Italy, and they were packed in Holland or something.

fresh food! So get eating lol

Actually, something I noticed when I made a stir fry the other day, the baby sweet corn came from Kenya and the pea things were from Italy, and they were packed in Holland or something."

and we wonder why we import more than we export! Try sliced carrot cabbage onion etc etc

" Try sliced carrot cabbage onion etc etc"

Nah, I prefer those little baby sweetcorn and pea things, they're much tastier with a nice Szechuan sauce

» Add a new message to this topic