FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Flight hunting

Flight hunting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opping_candy OP   Woman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Haven't looked at flights or hols for years and just sort of dipping my toe in the water and pricing up a holiday to see if it's something even worth considering.

They don't make it easy do they! Am on a 'flight comparison site' looking at different flights, but having problems finding decent flight times (as I don't drive and will be traveling with a 6 and 7 year old).

Can really see why people go for package holidays!

So if you're going abroad do you find your own accom and flights, or let them sort it all out for you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I look online for estimated prices, then go to a travel agent to see if they can beat the price or if they can offer better flights/upgrades etc!

Good luck, it is very hard to figure it all out seperately, I could never do that - I cannot organise a piss us at a brewery. If by magic you find a website that does everything you want which does not seem unreasonable, please share - good luck

I prefer to plan my own itinerary and book them myself, so that I know exactly what I am letting myself in for.

West Yorkshire

I'm sort of trying to do that pearl as there is a particular place I'd like to go, and the accommodation costs are very reasonable but the flights are ridiculous.

I think this might be the end of the going abroad idea.

Everyone I know reckons I have it all with my dad living in Cyprus, but most of the time it works out cheaper for me to book a package holiday even though all I have to pay for are the flights x

West Yorkshire

"Everyone I know reckons I have it all with my dad living in Cyprus, but most of the time it works out cheaper for me to book a package holiday even though all I have to pay for are the flights x "

It seems the flights are the killer.

Have just found an all inclusive package deal for two more nights which only comes to a hundred more than self catering at the other place plus flights. Definitely seems like package could be the way forward and much easier for my first trip abroad with the sprogs

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

What comparison site are you using??

Skyscanner lets you choose a flight time window for outbound and return flights.

West Yorkshire

I discovered that and it did help slightly but kept changing my return destination to Liverpool!

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Download Groupon lots of holidays come through with them

Book a package... Much easier. All first choice hols are all inclusive.... Its worth it... Easier to budget. They gave hotels targetted for families with kids facilities....

West Yorkshire

"Download Groupon lots of holidays come through with them

"

I get emails from Groupon but never paid that much attention to the hols. Will have a closer look and see if they are a pay it all in one lump kinda deal.

» Add a new message to this topic