FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Caucasians - Tanned or fair skinned?

Caucasians - Tanned or fair skinned?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its been suggested that hundreds of years ago, tans were deemed unattractive as they were associated with the peasantry, who obviously spent a lot of time working outdoors and thusly would have been darker skinned during the hotter months, thusly fair skin was seen as being of wealth and privilege.

These days, tans are largely seen as being attractive, but what are peoples individual preferences toward Caucasian skin tone?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Its been suggested that hundreds of years ago, tans were deemed unattractive as they were associated with the peasantry, who obviously spent a lot of time working outdoors and thusly would have been darker skinned during the hotter months, thusly fair skin was seen as being of wealth and privilege.

These days, tans are largely seen as being attractive, but what are peoples individual preferences toward Caucasian skin tone?"

Preferably not too pink. Any shade of brown will do nicely. Ta.

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

As a natural blonde and fair skinned. A tan is impossible. But have had no complaints Lol

ive found incredible beauty in all skin tones

i love a natural tan tho. looks so healthy

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

what about us that go red in the sun, peel then go white again???

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"what about us that go red in the sun, peel then go white again???"

Yeah I'm one of those too Evie. (that's my been in the sun smilie)

Unless my freckles join up there's not much chance of me getting a tan lol!

I don't have a preference as such but I'm not keen on skin that's had a lot of sun damage, orange & leathery in appearance.

Just call me Casper.

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I quite like the pale interesting types. I always seem to end up in relationships with people who can't stand to be out in the sun though, which is a bit of a bummer as I love just being out in it in the summer. Not necessarily sunbathing as that's boring, but pottering in the garden, reading, eating al fresco.

As long as there not orange i aint fussed

I came back from morroco and people asked if id been away yet. I dont tan

I dont like guys who have dark tan on his forearms and than a white tshirt for the rest of him lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i knew a guy who went to egypt and came back with an all over tan apart from two little strips under each arse cheek...made me chuckle

even though im naturally a red head i can get quite a nice tan.. its not dark but makes me look healthy

if im in the sun though i do burn and go white.. its only after a lot of built up exposure that i gain colour.

in the past ive mistaken someone with an over the top tan for them being black.. anyone else made that mistake?

I really like tanned redheads, the combination of those reddish tones is rather erotic.

I am attracted to smooth light skin and can't help wondering how it feels to the touch.

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

"Its been suggested that hundreds of years ago, tans were deemed unattractive as they were associated with the peasantry, who obviously spent a lot of time working outdoors and thusly would have been darker skinned during the hotter months, thusly fair skin was seen as being of wealth and privilege.

These days, tans are largely seen as being attractive, but what are peoples individual preferences toward Caucasian skin tone?"

It's not hundreds of years ago, only relatively recently has a tanned Caucasian been deemed attractive.

Umbrellas/parasols were originally used to shelter from the sun till some bright spark realised they also kept you dry.

"As a natural blonde and fair skinned. A tan is impossible. But have had no complaints Lol "

Same here all i do is dye my hair as dont like being blonde lol

[Removed by poster at 26/01/14 07:03:04]

I dont look good pale .. So tanned for me .. Got a decent one from my holidays and it seems to be sticking around but will be topping it up with the odd sunbed session soon for the next jollies

I'm a natural brunette but very pale skinned. I get a spray tan sometimes but will be interesting to see what guys prefer

im quite pale. occasionally i will get a bit of a tan, I tried bottled sunshine I ended up looking like an idiot! so I'll stick to being pale and lots of suncream I hate getting sunburn.

Guys prefer a woman who is confident enough to do do what they like with their appearance.

Guys also should understand that just women don't look good to attract guys, but look good , because it makes themselves feel good

My skin is naturally more olive toned. I don't tend to sit out in the sun, but I tan easily.

It's each to their own. I had a spray tan last winter for a party, as it made me feel better.

I just like people, whatever their skin tone/colour.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Tanned.

It's quite common; some Indian friends use the caste system for minor bragging/banter rights over each other.

I'm not too bothered personally but I do think a bit of colour generally looks healthier. Too much though looks bad as does many shades of fake tan.

I tan quite quick on my arms in summer rest takes longer would never fake tan although one of my daughters do and it looks good on her I'm frightened I'd go orange

I tan quickly in the sun but it sadly doesn't last long. How can a man combat the look of pale skin without fake tanning? Any ideas?

Does the colour of one's skin really matter???

I'm light skinned and don't tan well either. It's just the way it is, I can't be doing with fake tan, too much time and I'm sure I would end up streaky or orange. I also wouldn't use a sun bed because I honestly don't believe being tanned is worth the risk of getting skin cancer

"Does the colour of one's skin really matter??? "

put it this way im generally more attracted to a guy with a tan than one who is pastey.. so in terms of personal preference yes

just because we are talking skin colour doesnt mean we are talking about race

We are both massive fans of the tan, enhanced or natural, just makes you look and feel so much healthier especially during the gloomy winter months

The true English rose look a la Lily Cole is very beautiful though.

It's funny how most equate what is basically skin damage to looking healthy ....I had a melanoma a couple of years back so I will stick to pale and interesting

"I'm light skinned and don't tan well either. It's just the way it is, I can't be doing with fake tan, too much time and I'm sure I would end up streaky or orange. I also wouldn't use a sun bed because I honestly don't believe being tanned is worth the risk of getting skin cancer "

I think that fake tan works well across wider areas of skin (ie a persons whole body), but is just too thick and dark to go well on a face.

"I'm light skinned and don't tan well either. It's just the way it is, I can't be doing with fake tan, too much time and I'm sure I would end up streaky or orange. I also wouldn't use a sun bed because I honestly don't believe being tanned is worth the risk of getting skin cancer

I think that fake tan works well across wider areas of skin (ie a persons whole body), but is just too thick and dark to go well on a face."

You could be right, I guess practice makes perfect but I can't be bothered with the hassle. Also I've seen peoples bed sheets after fake tanning, not sure if it washes out?

"I'm light skinned and don't tan well either. It's just the way it is, I can't be doing with fake tan, too much time and I'm sure I would end up streaky or orange. I also wouldn't use a sun bed because I honestly don't believe being tanned is worth the risk of getting skin cancer

I think that fake tan works well across wider areas of skin (ie a persons whole body), but is just too thick and dark to go well on a face.

You could be right, I guess practice makes perfect but I can't be bothered with the hassle. Also I've seen peoples bed sheets after fake tanning, not sure if it washes out? "

I suppose it depends on the quality of tan you use, some have better adhesion than others. Some are literally rub on/wash off, and are probably more for people who just want a quick touch up, THOSE are probably the kind that will rub off in bed.

I can understand a preference for pale or tanned for a wife, but for sex, most guys are not even bothered what sex there shagging,

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Very happy with the shade i was born been called a ghost by my rugby team mates before not into tans

What a question to ask on the wettest weekend in all of Buddhadom. (Same meaning as Christendom but sounds more fun) . Tan is good it now shows you have time to get out in the sun, but dark tan and bright white bums are funny

"What a question to ask on the wettest weekend in all of Buddhadom. (Same meaning as Christendom but sounds more fun) . Tan is good it now shows you have time to get out in the sun, but dark tan and bright white bums are funny

"

I think a white thong tan around a womans bum looks incredibly sexy, so long as the bum in question is round and firm x

"Very happy with the shade i was born been called a ghost by my rugby team mates before not into tans "

And i bet you just laughed it off as banter....where as another race would have made a big deal out of it

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

"Very happy with the shade i was born been called a ghost by my rugby team mates before not into tans

And i bet you just laughed it off as banter....where as another race would have made a big deal out of it"

I wondered how long it would take

Re the spray tan, I have the lightest possible spray it does go very dark but after 8 hours, shower it off and it is fine. I have pics

I'm fair skinned, but skin tone is not an issue for me. It's all down to the person.

Having said that, the guy I play with has managed to hold his tan well and still has a sexy white ass. xx

Manchester Area

[Removed by poster at 26/01/14 13:57:58]

Manchester Area

"

in the past ive mistaken someone with an over the top tan for them being black.. anyone else made that mistake? "

No but 2/12 years ago I thought a gorgeous mixed race guy had a great tan. Didn't do me any harm tho

I tend to be tanned all year round as my lifestyle means I spend a lot of time in warmer climes.

I have to say I love tan lines on me and on others and am fortunate to have the Mediterranean complexion which allows me to use the sun safely.

Having said that I would never discriminate on a potential meet for being too pale (or too dark for that matter) as shin tone does not come into my preferences.

But I must confess I LOVE a tanned six pack!!!!

"But I must confess I LOVE a tanned six pack!!!! "

Sadly, at the moment I have neither.

"But I must confess I LOVE a tanned six pack!!!!

Sadly, at the moment I have neither."

Don't worry, you have other physical attributes which compensate for the lack of tanned six pack.

And you can always work on your abs...

I have great skin I tan easily and love to be tanned

My play partner is extremely white lol

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"I tend to be tanned all year round as my lifestyle means I spend a lot of time in warmer climes.

I have to say I love tan lines on me and on others and am fortunate to have the Mediterranean complexion which allows me to use the sun safely.

Having said that I would never discriminate on a potential meet for being too pale (or too dark for that matter) as shin tone does not come into my preferences.

But I must confess I LOVE a tanned six pack!!!! "

When you next venturing to Blighty, "sextravagant"??

Don't worry, you have other physical attributes which compensate for the lack of tanned six pack.

"

Thankyou, but really, its harder to derive confidence from a big penis than it is from muscles. Out and about in public, people can tell you're a lifter if you have a good physique, but safely tucked away in your underwear, they've no idea of the size of your penis. I've started getting back into my lifting recently though, I've left it far too long x

"

When you next venturing to Blighty, "sextravagant"?? "

Should be end of Feb (as it says on my profile) but date not final yet.

Thankyou, but really, its harder to derive confidence from a big penis than it is from muscles. Out and about in public, people can tell you're a lifter if you have a good physique, but safely tucked away in your underwear, they've no idea of the size of your penis. I've started getting back into my lifting recently though, I've left it far too long x"

Guess you'll have to impress them with your intelligent wit and sexy brain.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I'm blonde but I tan quite well and prefer myself with 'a bit of colour'.

A toned, tanned torso (apart from being a tongue twister) is quite a turnon - got a couple of great examples in my inbox at the moment, houah!!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

"

When you next venturing to Blighty, "sextravagant"??

Should be end of Feb (as it says on my profile) but date not final yet."

I missed that bit.

Thankyou, but really, its harder to derive confidence from a big penis than it is from muscles. Out and about in public, people can tell you're a lifter if you have a good physique, but safely tucked away in your underwear, they've no idea of the size of your penis. I've started getting back into my lifting recently though, I've left it far too long x

Guess you'll have to impress them with your intelligent wit and sexy brain. "

Ah but you have to initiate contact first, and muscles help no end!

i prefer fair skinned people.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Irrelevant to me. My own skin is milky white and remains so despite travelling to sunny climes. I simply do not tan and burn very easily.

So I am always careful in the sun.

Anyone who messaged me and wanted me to have a tan would be disappointed. And I would be relieved not to be meeting them if that is on their criteria.

» Add a new message to this topic