FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is a man feeling emotinal and crying sign of weakness

Is a man feeling emotinal and crying sign of weakness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

No personal attacks as feeling already very low

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No. Sending you a big hug. Xx

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

No its deffo not a sign of weakness

Who has told you that

Its not just us women who get emotional over things

xxx

I hope not because I can be a rather sensitive soul.

I usually bottle it up though because if I started crying these days I might not stop, too much has happened in the last few years and don't have the luxury of falling to pieces.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

No it's not.

Bottling up emotion is unhealthy.

No way.

Crying is a release valve and i know that when ive let go and had a good blub, i feel better for it.

And thats regardless of being male or female.

Gone are the days when you were less of a man for having emotions and feelings....

thank god.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

naw i think its normal. but if you want to laugh about il later wait til you are at your most emotional and tears and snot are running down your face and take a selfy .works for me but im weird...

No it isn't and sending hugs to you xxx

No. Its a good way to.let stress out. Tears get rid of chemicals.

It shows you're human and have emotional intelligence.

Hugs xx

I had a big crying fit the other night. I felt better for it. Real men cry in my opinion, they should do it more often. And yes it does help, sending you a hug

No it isn't ,if your feeling that low maybe go see your doctor good luck and big hug

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"No personal attacks as feeling already very low "

No, it's a normal reaction to extreme emotional trauma. It's a worry if it's a result of stress/depression/every day living.

"No it isn't ,if your feeling that low maybe go see your doctor good luck and big hug "

Good idea

And sending a huge (((( hugs ))))

I think it takes a strong man to let it out. x

Thanks very much for comforting words

Talking to family back home after couple or years I could not hold back the tears

Scared them for a bit as they never saw me crying and thought some thing horribly gone wrong but feeling better now

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

Really? So all of the females above would be quite ok with your man crying at so-called weepy movies and the usual things women cry at the drop of the hat at?

"Really? So all of the females above would be quite ok with your man crying at so-called weepy movies and the usual things women cry at the drop of the hat at?"

Wouldnt worry me at all, shows they are human after all and somethng made of granite

"Thanks very much for comforting words

Talking to family back home after couple or years I could not hold back the tears

Scared them for a bit as they never saw me crying and thought some thing horribly gone wrong but feeling better now "

Awwwwww thats lovely Lp....

Hope everything turns out ok

Leicester

Scared them for a bit as they never saw me crying and thought some thing horribly gone wrong but feeling better now "

Not knocking you btw, OP, extreme emotionally stuff and all that. I'm querying the usual stuff women cry at that make a lot of men go

Leicester

Scared them for a bit as they never saw me crying and thought some thing horribly gone wrong but feeling better now

Hope everything turns out ok "

Right, so your man sits there blubbing when some soap character dies and you're thinking "Aww, how sweet".

Not knocking you btw, OP, extreme emotionally stuff and all that. I'm querying the usual stuff women cry at that make a lot of men go "

It takes a lot to make me cry, im normally quite a tuffy....so when i do it has to be an extremely emotional reasoning behind it....

Like many guys.

Dont think i would like a "tit" who cried at anything ,but a guy who sometimes has to let go is ok with me.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

wouldn't want a man who cried at every little thing but its not a bad thing to let emotions out

Glad you're feeling better xx

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Really? So all of the females above would be quite ok with your man crying at so-called weepy movies and the usual things women cry at the drop of the hat at?"

I have sat with men crying at films, at the sport, through difficult conversations, when exposing their demons and just because they were happy. I love them all and don't think less of them.

OP, I think it's a strength to be honest about your emotions. I'm still trying to get honest about mine and know how damaging to keep tears bottled up.

Not knocking you btw, OP, extreme emotionally stuff and all that. I'm querying the usual stuff women cry at that make a lot of men go

It takes a lot to make me cry, im normally quite a tuffy....so when i do it has to be an extremely emotional reasoning behind it....

Like many guys.

Dont think i would like a "tit" who cried at anything ,but a guy who sometimes has to let go is ok with me. "

Especially the 'tit' bit.

Hope everything turns out ok

Right, so your man sits there blubbing when some soap character dies and you're thinking "Aww, how sweet"."

I cry if something moves me emotionally. A poignant moment in a film, a song beautifully sung, a dance danced with passion and depth of feeling. I don't see it as a weakness, i t is simply a sign of emotional expressiveness. It is both healthy and appropriate.

However sobbing is a sign of cathartic emotional release and is also very healthy. It is a way of releasing repressed emotions that have built up over time. This is often triggered by an emotional trauma or a deep realisation is breaking through.

That said if this becomes part of a depressed emotional state then that is not healthy and help should be sought.

"Really? So all of the females above would be quite ok with your man crying at so-called weepy movies and the usual things women cry at the drop of the hat at?

I have sat with men crying at films, at the sport, through difficult conversations, when exposing their demons and just because they were happy. I love them all and don't think less of them.

OP, I think it's a strength to be honest about your emotions. I'm still trying to get honest about mine and know how damaging to keep tears bottled up.

"

I suffer with PTSD, its 99% under control but it raises its head when I'm extremely stressed. I get anxious and a little paranoid and have moments when I could bawl my eyes out for no good reason and I can lock myself away and not communicate with anyone for days. My saving grace are my kids, I only need to see them and I feel a million times better and know everything I've been through was in some small way to make their lives better and safer.

While I'm on the subject I should really thank Ruby, she's been my rock this weekend.

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

It's a sign of being human. xx

Leicester

I've a feeling you ladies are in a vocal minority

"I've a feeling you ladies are in a vocal minority"

That may well be the case. That doesn't mean they are wrong. More likely that would be due to us living in an emotionally (and sexually) repressed society.

I've cried buckets over the last few years . No shame

Leicester

"I've a feeling you ladies are in a vocal minority

That may well be the case. That doesn't mean they are wrong. More likely that would be due to us living in an emotionally (and sexually) repressed society."

Yep, men crying at the drop of a hat and promiscuity is the way forward to a more enriched society

"

While I'm on the subject I should really thank Ruby, she's been my rock this weekend."

Anytime darling, its what I'm here for... You xx

Op You need to man-up and get a grip!!!!

Only being mean it sounds like you miss your family. Feel free to pm us any time if you fancy a chat.

No not at all, it shows a real man

Nette

Better out than in xx you have a cry . xx it not a bad thing .

Leicester

"I've cried buckets over the last few years . No shame "

There is no shame if it's due to death of loved ones, extreme emotional situations like the OP's, that kind of thing. But just from watching something on tv or at the cinema? Naaah *shaking head emoticon*

No shame at all, shows you are human

Me and ex went to see Dido & Aeneas, many moons ago. At the point of Dido's Lament, I noticed that there wasn't a dry eye in the house, including ex's. It moved me that men could be moved to such extent, too.

There s only one way when you hit the bottom in life its up ......It may feel bad now but things will get better you see .

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

some men may think its weak for a man to cry at somethin silly but the tears are usually for somethin much deeper. x x X

Whoever said that 'a man ain't supposed to cry' needs a serious reality check.

We're all human, and we all need a sense of release. No shame in having a cry if something hurts you, whatever sex you are.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 28/01/14 20:27:15]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

All the best to you

"Me and ex went to see Dido & Aeneas, many moons ago. At the point of Dido's Lament, I noticed that there wasn't a dry eye in the house, including ex's. It moved me that men could be moved to such extent, too.

"

Music often has a very powerful effect on me, it always has. First time I heard 'I Had A Dream' by Gary Moore the guitar solo reduced me to a gibbering wreck, there's many pieces of music that does similar and others I can no longer listen to because they remind me of someone who's no longer with us.

By *o1mrtlcMan  over a year ago

cannock

no its not and nothing to be a shamed of

"Me and ex went to see Dido & Aeneas, many moons ago. At the point of Dido's Lament, I noticed that there wasn't a dry eye in the house, including ex's. It moved me that men could be moved to such extent, too.

Music often has a very powerful effect on me, it always has. First time I heard 'I Had A Dream' by Gary Moore the guitar solo reduced me to a gibbering wreck, there's many pieces of music that does similar and others I can no longer listen to because they remind me of someone who's no longer with us."

Music touches the soul at its best. Good music has the same effect on me

"I've a feeling you ladies are in a vocal minority

That may well be the case. That doesn't mean they are wrong. More likely that would be due to us living in an emotionally (and sexually) repressed society.

Yep, men crying at the drop of a hat and promiscuity is the way forward to a more enriched society "

If it's something guinuinely emotional then sure it's not a bad thing, but most men don't cry unless it's something serious. It's just the way we are. To say it's unhealthy to bottle it up is rubbish, us men must be a very unhealthy lot if that's the case.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I have never understood the stiff upper lip thing, women cry as an emotional release and it must be awful to a guy who is going through some emotional trauma to have to choke it all back and not let it out.

You are human beings too and there is no shame in showing your emotions.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

its a natural emotion, i hear 2 particular songs and i get emotional. Not necessarily to the point of tears but do take a min to remember the link to a lost comrade and my mother.

Have known 2 blokes one in the forces and another in blue light emergency services who were both suffering pretty badly for different reasons, neither could open up and both cases ended tragically for their respective families..

would much rather they could have cried their eyes out rather than be at their graveside..

emotions are a bit like mental health issue's, totally natural and attention is needed whenever required..

just like a broken leg..

As a child, i once heard my grandfather tell my brother,who was upset...That boys do not cry...girls yes but no way do boys or men.

We grow up expecting the man to be all macho and tough and not to show their feelings, well not the weak ones.

So it really goes back to parenting and how we teach the boys , and say it really is ok to cry and show emotion.

Yes

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

heard something similar between a boyhood friend and his dad, went home and asked mum why did he say that and we had a bit of a chat about it..

telling young lads who are about to go through the emotional rollercoaster of puberty etc that certain emotions are to be hidden is potentially asking for trouble..

Leicester

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm not disagreeing with most of the above. Bottled emotions are a negative thing.

BUT, are you women seriously telling me you'd be happy if your fella was the sort to burst into tears when someone announced an engagement, a pregnancy or at the cute puppy on the latest Andrex ad?

if you cry you are a pussy proper!

Oh shit not the answer you wanted.

**sneaks out of thread**

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm not disagreeing with most of the above. Bottled emotions are a negative thing.

BUT, are you women seriously telling me you'd be happy if your fella was the sort to burst into tears when someone announced an engagement, a pregnancy or at the cute puppy on the latest Andrex ad? "

Lol I don't for a moment think that is what is being said.what is being affirmed is men expressing emotion appropriately and not feeling shame. The negative introjections, that Peaches mentions, create a false belief set that can cause men to repress their emotions. That repression can lead to distorted behaviour or worse.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm not disagreeing with most of the above. Bottled emotions are a negative thing.

BUT, are you women seriously telling me you'd be happy if your fella was the sort to burst into tears when someone announced an engagement, a pregnancy or at the cute puppy on the latest Andrex ad?

Lol I don't for a moment think that is what is being said.what is being affirmed is men expressing emotion appropriately and not feeling shame. The negative introjections, that Peaches mentions, create a false belief set that can cause men to repress their emotions. That repression can lead to distorted behaviour or worse."

well said

Lol I don't for a moment think that is what is being said.what is being affirmed is men expressing emotion appropriately and not feeling shame. The negative introjections, that Peaches mentions, create a false belief set that can cause men to repress their emotions. That repression can lead to distorted behaviour or worse."

Some men can get so angry when upset as if its ok to punch someone, something or just lash out because they dont know how to release that pent up emotion, they are upset and dont know how to handle it, cry and your a pussy etc etc.

Im not saying that women in general want some blubbering fool crying at bambi or because sideshow bobs gonna kill bart....We as parents just need to say "hey son, its ok to cry sometimes" ...and yes...your still a man for doing so.

Thank you very much for all the kindness and support it means a lot that exactly the way I thought a swinging community will be

One for all and all for one

If I am quoting it right

No it's not. We're only human. Sometimes I cry when I'm very angry.

Just hope that whatever your issue, you'll be ok.

"Thank you very much for all the kindness and support it means a lot that exactly the way I thought a swinging community will be

One for all and all for one

If I am quoting it right "

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

We're all human beings with feelings!

Big hugs. Hope you feel better and happier soon.

Seeing a man crying is very moving to me...because I am aware that society often casts judgement on men who cry and I assume it is why you raised the question in your post. So for a man to allow himself to show his vulnerability to me like that is far from weak....but actually a very beautiful and humbling thing which draws me closer to him. Crying is a normal expression of a human emotion that we all share so to show that to someone, makes you real...makes you human...shows you feel deeply. X

No it shows they are human and sensitive, personally I would rather have a guy that crys even at movies over the stiff upper lip guys any time

Not at all mate. Let it all out . Chin up

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"If it's something guinuinely emotional then sure it's not a bad thing, but most men don't cry unless it's something serious. It's just the way we are. To say it's unhealthy to bottle it up is rubbish, us men must be a very unhealthy lot if that's the case."
It has become a learned behaviour for many men to suppress their emotions. Children learn from birth what others around them deem appropriate. Adults read forum posts and get feedback on what is permitted or frowned upon and it is social influence at work. It is healthy for people to learn and find their own way, and as animals we have naturally occurring emotions. It is a sign of wisdom for a man or woman to know their emotional selves well and to express as they need. Repression causes many of the ills today and is not healthy.

Men who cry actually show strength not weakness. It's not easy to display such emotion traits. My ex lost his father several years ago and he was one of the most hardened guys I have ever met, part of some gang outlaw club for bikers, but just of late, watching a movie can make him cry.... although saying that, I don't think he could display such emotions in front of just anyone.

Crying is a release, so if you want to let go of what pains you. Crying, is a very good way of doing so. Just have some pain killers handy as it can also give you headache.

Hope you feeling better soon, big hugs x

Thanks for lovely msgs just thought for couple of days now going for pure life stopped smoking first than drinking and than travel the world lol good luck every one just saying good bye

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Thanks for lovely msgs just thought for couple of days now going for pure life stopped smoking first than drinking and than travel the world lol good luck every one just saying good bye "

all the best to you and good luck

» Add a new message to this topic