FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Syrian refugees

Syrian refugees

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Read on news we are to take in hundreds of syrian refugees who are seen as most vulnerable and this is something we should not have been resisting as the government as so far.

The government only decided to do this after seemingly facing defeat in commons thats disgraceful and shows how uncaring they are.

Even NIgel Farage ukip leader thinks its right as there is clear distinction between refugees in this position and the usual type of immigration.

I do not like nor agree with Farage or ukip except on this.

Other nations who contribute financially like uk to humanitarian aid are taking in thousands.

My only concern is where are the properties for refugees arise from as there is chronic shortage of houses as it is.

I hope the refugees see the uk is not just full of bigots as it seems on fab and generally there are in uk.

They should be given as much help as possible because of what they have and are going through.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Genuine refugees should be helped and more than we are doing now and sort out the backlog with the economic ones.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

According to a report the other day, the UK has given over £600 million in aid. More than the rest of Europe combined.

An expert on refugees and disaster relief was on the news, he stated that instead of bringing a few hundred or a few thousand refugees to the UK the money would be better spent helping tens of thousands in neighbouring countries. He went on to say that many would want to return once the fighting was over and that they would be better staying within their own culture.

It goes to show that offering to take refugees is not always the best option.

I fully agree we should help but why help a few, when you could help many?

"According to a report the other day, the UK has given over £600 million in aid. More than the rest of Europe combined.

An expert on refugees and disaster relief was on the news, he stated that instead of bringing a few hundred or a few thousand refugees to the UK the money would be better spent helping tens of thousands in neighbouring countries. He went on to say that many would want to return once the fighting was over and that they would be better staying within their own culture.

I fully agree we should help but why help a few, when you could help many?"

this, they have already been forced from their homes by 1 bloke, why tak them from whats left of their country.

and when will they go back? after the fighting?

well the fighting in syria has gone on longer than in any other country so far

are there going to be boots on ground to bring around a regime change quicker, cuz the millitants/fredom fighters (call them what you will) dont have the resources to defeat a government backed army.

the whole thing has left a little of a bitter taste in my mouth, truth be told.

the western world has been funding and helping these oppressive regimes for decades, and now we back millitia groups because we arent a fan of the way things are going?

the whole thing stinks like yesterdays diaper

oh, and if brought over, the really should be kept in detention centres or something of the ilk so they can be kept an eye on, simply because we dont have that good a record on keeping track on people and them disappearing.

By *at2Couple  over a year ago

north Down

"According to a report the other day, the UK has given over £600 million in aid. More than the rest of Europe combined.

this, they have already been forced from their homes by 1 bloke, why tak them from whats left of their country.

are there going to be boots on ground to bring around a regime change quicker, cuz the millitants/fredom fighters (call them what you will) dont have the resources to defeat a government backed army.

the western world has been funding and helping these oppressive regimes for decades, and now we back millitia groups because we arent a fan of the way things are going?

the whole thing stinks like yesterdays diaper"

A lot of the refugees are not fleeing the regime but the so called militia stop watching and getting all your info from the BBC and the likes and have a look at what these poor freedom fighters are doing to other Muslims , Christians and Kurds with in Syria.

the whole thing stinks like yesterdays diaper

A lot of the refugees are not fleeing the regime but the so called militia stop watching and getting all your info from the BBC and the likes and have a look at what these poor freedom fighters are doing to other Muslims , Christians and Kurds with in Syria."

excuse me?

where did i say who they were running from?

i said they are running from a never ending fight not one particular side of things.

really wish people could read a post properly and quote it accurately.

"Read on news we are to take in hundreds of syrian refugees who are seen as most vulnerable and this is something we should not have been resisting as the government as so far.

The government only decided to do this after seemingly facing defeat in commons thats disgraceful and shows how uncaring they are.

Even NIgel Farage ukip leader thinks its right as there is clear distinction between refugees in this position and the usual type of immigration.

I do not like nor agree with Farage or ukip except on this.

Other nations who contribute financially like uk to humanitarian aid are taking in thousands.

My only concern is where are the properties for refugees arise from as there is chronic shortage of houses as it is.

I hope the refugees see the uk is not just full of bigots as it seems on fab and generally there are in uk.

They should be given as much help as possible because of what they have and are going through."

just because we on here bigots as you called us don't agree with you bein called bigots is a bit offence don't you think? And if you have a spare room I'm guessing you won't be putting any Syrian refuges up then?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it is all so very sad.

I hope they find safety x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

actually it is not just ukip who had said the same of this matter.....

Labour brought it up in PMQ's two weeks ago

Lib Dems also brought this up as well.....

we are only talking about a few hundred at the most and most other european countries have done the same things....

Britain is full.

Its a terrible terrible thing that happening over there but this country just cant afford anymore people to pay for.

I think some of the people in this country who claim poverty because they don't get as much money on the dole as they would like but still have a roof over their head, smoke, have a TV and a mobile phone should go look how these people are living

Shame on anybody who would leave these kids to freeze to death over the winter, they have nothing, they know real poverty

That's all i'm saying

"Britain is full.

Its a terrible terrible thing that happening over there but this country just cant afford anymore people to pay for."

Its a tricky one. Housing shortages are always mentioned. There are thousands

Of properties lying empty both private and.social. There should be rules about how long housing can be left unused....

The whole area is a cluster fuck with the Americans, Russians, Chinese and Iranians fighting each other by proxy. Those caught in the middle deserve help and support. If we can spend circa £100m on military aid I am sure we can find space for a few thousand unfortunates?

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

"Its a tricky one. Housing shortages are always mentioned. There are thousands

Of properties lying empty both private and.social. There should be rules about how long housing can be left unused...."

Year ago I lived in London for a while and was astounded at the amount of huge public buildings left empty when there was so much homelessness.

We have spent £600 million on humanitarian aid the second largest contributor

The money is better spent in Syria . The camps should be in Syria protected by the UN

We have helped and I'm sure will continue to do so

What the UK's poor have to do with this or why they should be brought into this is beyond me

the whole thing stinks like yesterdays diaper"

Other countries give them the weapons and then complain when they shoot people, The western world put saddam husseyin in power and was fine with him until he became a meglomaniac who they couldnt control anymore. Then they spend billions trying to get him out and lose many lives in doing so. I agree we should help the many rather than the few and thats got to happen in the camps etc ...By supplying what they need to survive this attrocity .Moving them from their homeland is playing into the hands of those commiting these war crimes

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

"

we are only talking about a few hundred at the most and most other european countries have done the same things...."

As I said earlier... You can rehouse a few hundred over here or help thounds over there.

A family come to the UK. The transport costs, legal fees, housing, feeding, clothing etc for one family would pay for tens of families over there. Would you like to be responsible for picking which family? How would you feel if you chose one family over another then found out the children you didn't pick had died, when you could have saved lots of families for the same amount of money?

"Britain is full.

Its a terrible terrible thing that happening over there but this country just cant afford anymore people to pay for."

dead right,starts off a few then their families,then snowballs into mass immigration,again,bad things happen all over the world,bout time this and any uk government started to do its proper job,look after British people,if the countrys so hard up how can we afford being so generous with aid?cos it doesnt seem like its appreciated,then again,how much actually reaches those in need?

"Britain is full.

» Add a new message to this topic