FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Landlords

Landlords

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Not new one but previous ones....grr sending threats to get my shit out or the locks will be changed....and to get told its my fault that there is paint worn due to me clearing off damp and mould...I have to rant but i paid them £200 in rent more so they could change the carpet in the living room and left a 5 month old washing machine....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Not new one but previous ones....grr sending threats to get my shit out or the locks will be changed....and to get told its my fault that there is paint worn due to me clearing off damp and mould...I have to rant but i paid them £200 in rent more so they could change the carpet in the living room and left a 5 month old washing machine.... "

Tell him to fuck off!! (he says in his cockney accent)

I've ignored him....rightly or wrongly I just can't be arsed

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"I've ignored him....rightly or wrongly I just can't be arsed "

fetch your washing machine then tell him to go fook his self

Scumbag!

Do they owe you a deposit?

Sorry to say wrongly ,acre 7 days they charge storage and Chase u for cost.counter claim saying what u had to put up with

"I've ignored him....rightly or wrongly I just can't be arsed

Sorry to say wrongly ,acre 7 days they charge storage and Chase u for cost.counter claim saying what u had to put up with "

I doubt very much that would happen...He gets a free washing machine

"Do they owe you a deposit?"

No I was only meant to pay rent from the 6 to the 6th however I paid from the 15th to 15th as that's when my rent gets taken out so they got the extra rent to change the carpet and they changed the locks yesterday...luckly I had removed everything before then. He sent me a message on face ache

come live with me sweetheart x

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I've ignored him....rightly or wrongly I just can't be arsed

Sorry to say wrongly ,acre 7 days they charge storage and Chase u for cost.counter claim saying what u had to put up with

I doubt very much that would happen...He gets a free washing machine"

He probably doesn't want a free washing machine, especially one he doesn't know the history of.

If it belongs to you and it's delaying/ preventing him from installing a new tenant, he may well try to recoup his lost income - from you.

I'd have thought that the (Torts) Interference with goods act 1977 would cover what the landlord is and isn't allowed to do with your chattels (Property) but I do know that the Landlord who I subcontracted to for maintenance, always allowed 28 days for the tenant to remove their stuff. Once the property was vacated either voluntarily, eviction or a moonlight flit, a notice was placed in a prominent place in the window clearly stating that the owner had 28 days from XX/XX/XXXX to remove his/her property, after which the landlord would assume that they were no longer required and would be disposed of.

I can't get the washing if he has changed the locks...

Glasgow

"I can't get the washing if he has changed the locks..."

As you said

I don't think that the Landlord quite knows the laws. Either he is very stupid, or he is calling your bluff. You could cause him a load of grief if you want. You hold all the aces as far as the law is concerned.

Glasgow

"I don't think that the Landlord quite knows the laws. Either he is very stupid, or he is calling your bluff. You could cause him a load of grief if you want. You hold all the aces as far as the law is concerned."

Can you explain that a bit further? Throw in some case law if you reckon it'll help*.

* it won't.

No need, I could fill the whole forum with legal bs. It's better to get the story straight. He's changed the locks & he has a washing machine that isn't his. Then he's breaking the law. I would tell him that & if he doesn't co-operate go to shelter or CAB & get them to confirm the law & threaten to get legal aid to sue. If that doesn't work sue! Simples!

I gave him a months notice from the 6th jan after he said they were selling the place I found somewhere and signed the tenancy to the new place on the 17th I paid rent on the old place on the 15th and paid a full month...he changed the locks yesterday. I agreed that he could have the washing machine before he turned into a cunt...he illegally evicted me by changing the locks before the notice period had ended.

Just tell him that if he doesn't give you it back you're going to take legal action. If he ignores you go to Shelter or CAB. Good luck & keep me posted if there's any problems. I'm a Landlord with 25 properties.

» Add a new message to this topic