FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > gym

gym

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any gym fanatics here??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I enjoy the gym but wouldnt call myself a fanatic. Prefer things like football and hiking for fitness.

By *NLOSMan  over a year ago

Kirkcaldy

Only just got the bug but I am really getting into it.

Originally I didn't want to put on more muscle because I cross dress but I always want to add fine more rep it the next progression .

Wats the best way to loose stomach fat lol

I hate the gym: I have no self-motivation. I need team sports and group activities to keep fit.

Same here lol its just a pass time for me...but 0 motivation

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"Wats the best way to loose stomach fat lol"

90% diet, 10% exercise.

Its actually really simple but you needs lots of will power. Thats tge bit people fail with when trying to lose weight

Kirkcaldy

Loose all the other fat then your body will finally take the stomach fat.

Eat a calary deficit , do resistance not cardio

Stop eating junk food an eat more fruit and veg

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

When I was younger I used to use a gym for circuit training...

I did a minimum of 6 miles booted road training and 3 multigym circuits every morning before breakfast (took about 45 mins total, 30 running).

However I was a commando and a cross country runner so not sure if that would rule me out.

southend

"Wats the best way to loose stomach fat lol

Stop eating junk food an eat more fruit and veg "

I'm not allowed to eat fruit, too much sugar. My stomach seriously knows about the amount of veg I'm eating though!!!

moston

Its actually really simple but you needs lots of will power. Thats tge bit people fail with when trying to lose weight "

Dont try, do or dont do. And the only way to loose weight is to take in less than you burn off!

As said by an earlier poster, eat celery (the only food sold everywhere that takes more energy to digest than it supplies).

I'm not allowed to eat fruit, too much sugar. My stomach seriously knows about the amount of veg I'm eating though!!!"

Yeah I agree no sugar so no fruit, juice drinks, honey etc etc. Low carb protein shake tgree times a day, one slice of bread and then lean meats. Do it for 6 weeks and will notice big difference but first two, you wont notice much and so people usually give up or cheat at that point. Gotta be really strict

Kirkcaldy

I'm gonna disagree respectfully with being super strict and cutting down in sugar. Sugar is hard to cut. Yes you'll loose loads if weight without it but if you can stick to the diet then you'll gain it all back again.

I think it's better to make a plan to loose half a pound a week that you can stick to than do something drastic that makes you loose a ton of weight but you can only keep up for 6 weeks

southend

I've lost just under a stone in 4 weeks. But my personal trainer isn't that bothered about weight. He measures me, amd is concerned with my shape. As my ultimate goal is marathon training, I'm likely to put weight on in the long term.

I haven't cut sugar completely, there is enough natural sugar in the veg and stuff that I'm eating. I just don't add it to anything.

moston

"I've lost just under a stone in 4 weeks. But my personal trainer isn't that bothered about weight. He measures me, amd is concerned with my shape. As my ultimate goal is marathon training, I'm likely to put weight on in the long term.

I haven't cut sugar completely, there is enough natural sugar in the veg and stuff that I'm eating. I just don't add it to anything. "

When you start your road training buy an old ex military skellington (58pat) webset and fill the mag and kidney pouches with sandbags and run in heavy boots and thick jumper (use gel pack insoles to protect knees). Start at about 3 miles and work up... Then once a week go for a distance run in your running vest and trainers (you will feel as if you're running on air and can go forever!)

southend

"I've lost just under a stone in 4 weeks. But my personal trainer isn't that bothered about weight. He measures me, amd is concerned with my shape. As my ultimate goal is marathon training, I'm likely to put weight on in the long term.

I haven't cut sugar completely, there is enough natural sugar in the veg and stuff that I'm eating. I just don't add it to anything.

When you start your road training buy an old ex military skellington (58pat) webset and fill the mag and kidney pouches with sandbags and run in heavy boots and thick jumper (use gel pack insoles to protect knees). Start at about 3 miles and work up... Then once a week go for a distance run in your running vest and trainers (you will feel as if you're running on air and can go forever!) "

Thanks for the tip!!! But I can barely run 3 miles as it is!!!! My cardio is shocking!!!

moston

^^^

For run substitute jog/fast walk, and if 3 miles is too far reduce it to a mile and a half and aim to do it in 15 mins.

The heavy boots, jumper and sand (you should have about 20/25Ks will really slow you down and make you sweat like a pig, but will do so much for your muscle tone and cardio fitness. The weekly trainer run is so that you will see how your improving, and it will be meteoric!

[Removed by poster at 23/02/14 06:54:02]

I get this question all the time and I sorry to say you can't spot fat remove the only way to remove belly fat is to do cardio and hole body movements with weights that burns whole body fat and your body will remove the fat from where ever it's wants to, but if you keep going long enough it will go from your belly to in the end so just get moving lift weights and the fat will go

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I'm not allowed to eat fruit, too much sugar. My stomach seriously knows about the amount of veg I'm eating though!!!

Yeah I agree no sugar so no fruit, juice drinks, honey etc etc. Low carb protein shake tgree times a day, one slice of bread and then lean meats. Do it for 6 weeks and will notice big difference but first two, you wont notice much and so people usually give up or cheat at that point. Gotta be really strict "

Hoorah! Sense on a fat loss post.

Most of these threads attract absolutely crap advice.

Low carb - easiest and most scientifically supportable method of losing fat.

I get this question all the time and I sorry to say you can't spot fat remove the only way to remove belly fat is to do cardio and hole body movements with weights that burns whole body fat and your body will remove the fat from where ever it's wants to, but if you keep going long enough it will go from your belly to in the end so just get moving lift weights and the fat will go"

Diet is far more important in losing fat than exercise.

You can lose fat with minimal exercise with the right diet. With the wrong diet shifting fat will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, regardless of the exercise done.

southend

"  your body will remove the fat from where ever it's wants to"

Tell me about it, down 2 shoe sizes and my rings are falling off!!! Belly still wobbles though!!! Granted not as much as it did!!!

"  your body will remove the fat from where ever it's wants to

Tell me about it, down 2 shoe sizes and my rings are falling off!!! Belly still wobbles though!!! Granted not as much as it did!!!"

"Any gym fanatics here??"

I'm not a fanatic but I do go to the gym 4/5 times a week and spend about 1-2 hours there each time.

I'm (Mr.R) signing up for the first time tomorrow so ill let you know how I get on! My current plan is to alternate Swimming/Gym 6days a week, hoping to start off around 30mins and work my way up

moston

"I'm (Mr.R) signing up for the first time tomorrow so ill let you know how I get on! My current plan is to alternate Swimming/Gym 6days a week, hoping to start off around 30mins and work my way up"

Unless you are training for a definite goal other than improving fitness, core stability, power and endurance swimming is much better for you than the gym.

The gym is high impact training targeted at specific muscle groups and can easily cause serious injury, where swimming is low impact whole body exercise that is less lightly to cause injury.

I haven't cut sugar completely, there is enough natural sugar in the veg and stuff that I'm eating. I just don't add it to anything. "

Well done! People focus too much on the scales! Lose bodyfat, take measurements. Ditch the BMI!I go paleo when getting leaner. Just natural un processed food. Carbs are fine as long as youve earned them, and theyre in the form of fruit or veg and not donuts!

"I'm (Mr.R) signing up for the first time tomorrow so ill let you know how I get on! My current plan is to alternate Swimming/Gym 6days a week, hoping to start off around 30mins and work my way up

Unless you are training for a definite goal other than improving fitness, core stability, power and endurance swimming is much better for you than the gym.

The gym is high impact training targeted at specific muscle groups and can easily cause serious injury, where swimming is low impact whole body exercise that is less lightly to cause injury."

Weight lifting is not high impact. Consult a good trainer and they can put you on a safe and manageable resistance training and nutrition program. Swim if you enjoy it, but for fat loss and fitness weight training is excellent.

When you start your road training buy an old ex military skellington (58pat) webset and fill the mag and kidney pouches with sandbags and run in heavy boots and thick jumper (use gel pack insoles to protect knees). Start at about 3 miles and work up... Then once a week go for a distance run in your running vest and trainers (you will feel as if you're running on air and can go forever!) "

Yes because that will work...

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Do those slendertone muscle things work on stomach definition?

I've lost 2 stone 2.5 lbs since mid November using a food diary (myfitnesspal) and going to the gym since jan 9th, 3/4 times a week. I haven't cut carbs out altogether but have reduced them and increased my protein. Big winner for me was cutting out bread!! Need my PT to take me through some toning up machines soon. I've got some wobbly bits that need attention before they turn saggy!!!!

(Did I just say that out loud?????????)

By *oom For 1 MoreMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Diet & lots of cardio... Grrr

"Do those slendertone muscle things work on stomach definition?

"

no, you will have a defined stomach when your body fat percentage is below 12% roughly. Everyone is different so might find it harder to shift from the abdominal area.

moston

When you start your road training buy an old ex military skellington (58pat) webset and fill the mag and kidney pouches with sandbags and run in heavy boots and thick jumper (use gel pack insoles to protect knees). Start at about 3 miles and work up... Then once a week go for a distance run in your running vest and trainers (you will feel as if you're running on air and can go forever!)

Yes because that will work... "

I used to run sub 30 6 mile cross country and represent both HMRMC and UKLF at national competitions. Also my best time for a marathon is 2:28.

However I'll bow to your experience and training expertise...

(By the way I learned how to train from an APTC QSMI who was an olympic fitness coach.)

Its not always about losing weight,

Apart from removing a bit of belly fat i want/need to bulk up

moston

"Do those slendertone muscle things work on stomach definition?

"

Nearly ever fit guy has a sixpack...

To see it you need to get your body-fat down to under about 2%.

Any high protein, low fat and low carbohydrate diet will do that.

[Removed by poster at 27/02/14 21:38:30]

I used to run sub 30 6 mile cross country and represent both HMRMC and UKLF at national competitions. Also my best time for a marathon is 2:28.

(By the way I learned how to train from an APTC QSMI who was an olympic fitness coach.) "

Could it just possibly be that you were training to be a very fit soldier and having achieved that, the bonus was that you became a very fit runner?

But respect where it's due, a time that would have seen you in the top 50 of all Uk marathon runners and barely 10 minutes away from olympic qualification is to be applauded

moston

(By the way I learned how to train from an APTC QSMI who was an olympic fitness coach.)

Could it just possibly be that you were training to be a very fit soldier and having achieved that, the bonus was that you became a very fit runner?

But respect where it's due, a time that would have seen you in the top 50 of all Uk marathon runners and barely 10 minutes away from olympic qualification is to be applauded"

Thank you, for the compliment, but in answer to your basic question: NO, it was the other way round, I was a very fit soldier that was given the chance to train for national and possibly international competition (I did not make the grade by the way). I was placed in training with a guy called Gordon Milne, he had me running 60+ road miles a week in boots with weight in the season and over 100 miles out of season training, then doing a 6 mile 1000ft height gain timed run in vest and trainers every Wednesday afternoon. The one thing that really stuck was that if you want to improve your fitness you run carrying weight and then you drop the weight every few days so you see your improvement and positively reinforce your will to succeed.

It really works!

But respect where it's due, a time that would have seen you in the top 50 of all Uk marathon runners and barely 10 minutes away from olympic qualification is to be applauded"

Sorry, typo in that. Should say that the top 50 of all UK marathon runners in 2013, not ever as it implies.

running while laden is effective for an experienced runner. But for a new runner who may be over weight it can damage their joints and cause injury.

moston

But respect where it's due, a time that would have seen you in the top 50 of all Uk marathon runners and barely 10 minutes away from olympic qualification is to be applauded

Sorry, typo in that. Should say that the top 50 of all UK marathon runners in 2013, not ever as it implies. "

At the time I was running I would have been higher up the list, never finished higher than 22 in a marathon and 6 in a cross country. As I said, didn't quite make the grade. Maybe if I had stayed in the mob and continued my training things would have been different. But the truth is that when you're in your early 20's and in training you are always No1 and then you turn up at races and see others kick away from you at the end of a XCountry or just disappear into the distance and out of sight on longer races and you're not told that your prime will come in your 30s all you see are old men thrashing you and that cuts! LoL

Psychological training is better today!

I'm starting off with the goal of improved overall fitness, then once I've gained that I'm aiming for a bit more muscle mass

moston

"I'm starting off with the goal of improved overall fitness, then once I've gained that I'm aiming for a bit more muscle mass"

Fitness is generally misunderstood. There is only one sort of fitness...

Cardiovascular Fitness.

There are also a number of things that can be improved...

Power...a measure of peak output...

Stamina...the ability to sustain effort...

Flexibility...the ability of the body to move...

Stability...the ability of the body to sustain all the above without injury.

If you understand what you are trying to accomplish you have more chance of success without injuring yourself.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you have other body fat too, then you just need staying power, and determination to persist, even when you dont really fancy it. Decide and do it, and be in for the long haul, no fads or half hearted measures. Then tweak your diet. Muscle consumes more energy at rest than fat does, so increasing your muscle mass, even if your weight is static, will mean you consume more calories whilst doing nothing, or when on the go. So bulk up your larger muscles. Cut out your main contribution of dietary crap and replace with healthy vegetables. Get more active overall and remain seated for less time, and add as many tricks as possible to keep yourself doing more energetic things. Walk further to the shops etc. As your body fat level decreases you will likely start losing weight over time. When your body plateaus from one routine, change it. Your stomach fat may be last to go, but if you are active, your stomach muscles will be good, once revealed. Stick at a plan for a few years, so you know youre not just managing diet and exercise for a few weeks.

Everyday mate it's a routine.

By *lirtygirl445Woman  over a year ago

Lancashire

Im a gym freak I often pop in just to perv the guys wink wink you sexy hunks mwahhhhhhhhhhhhh

you cant spot reduce fat. you gotta lower your BF%

diet and cardio

» Add a new message to this topic