FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Parents!

Parents!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who'd have em lol.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Absolutely everyone !

Do not wish them away x

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Wish I still had mine

[Removed by poster at 25/02/14 22:54:33]

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

i think they are kinda essential

Mine are kind of cool parents to have.

It's hard and fun explaining to people that my mum is actually my mum and my dad is actually my dad.

I wish I had my mum still and wish Id known my dad better ...

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

I love my mum and wish my dad was still with us

"I wish I had my mum still and wish Id known my dad better ...

"

oi!..have you done that question yet?..

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"Do not wish them away x"

I would have loved to have had more time with my mom, she passed when I was 11....

My father passed a year ago this month after a long illness, on a sunny morning with myself and my sister's at his side, it was the most amazing moment of my life, alongside the birth of my kids.

oi!..have you done that question yet?.. "

What question

[Removed by poster at 25/02/14 23:01:49]

By *dub67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Wish mine were still both here. My dad died over 30 years ago. My mum last November miss them both

oi!..have you done that question yet?..

What question"

I sent it you whatsapp:

At a party, everyone shook hands with everybody else. There were 66 handshakes.

How many people were at the party?

#maths

My mummy died 29 years ago today

I miss my mum

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

lost my dad very suddenly 13 years ago this Saturday ...... miss him loads

"I would have loved to have had more time with my mom, she passed when I was 11....

My father passed a year ago this month after a long illness, on a sunny morning with myself and my sister's at his side, it was the most amazing moment of my life, alongside the birth of my kids."

I lost my dad almost 5 years ago, myself , sister and my mum by his side. Took his last breath at the same time as the sunset and stopped shining through his hospital window. Was one of them moments that was almost beautiful if it wasnt so sad.

Luckily mums still going strong and living life to the full

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My mum shouted in the middle of ikea when buying the bed....I hope you are going to make a baby on that bed..

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"My mum shouted in the middle of ikea when buying the bed....I hope you are going to make a baby on that bed.. "

That's one way to shorten the queues at the till.

"Wish I still had mine "

Me too

By *taffsfella1Man  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I had to deliver mine to the airport at 4.45am this morning - the bloody cheek!

"I would have loved to have had more time with my mom, she passed when I was 11....

My father passed a year ago this month after a long illness, on a sunny morning with myself and my sister's at his side, it was the most amazing moment of my life, alongside the birth of my kids.

I lost my dad almost 5 years ago, myself , sister and my mum by his side. Took his last breath at the same time as the sunset and stopped shining through his hospital window. Was one of them moments that was almost beautiful if it wasnt so sad.

Luckily mums still going strong and living life to the full"

It's as beautiful a moment as you will ever experience and as sad a one as well, the peace that settles on the room is indescribable.

I did not suffer with grief after my father's death anywhere near as much as I expected to and I believe it was because I was holding his hand when he passed xxx

"Wish I still had mine

Me too"

And me

Haven't spoken to my parents for years and quite happy that way. Not all parents belong on a pedestal, and the decision to turn my back on them was long overdue.

I envy those with a close loving relationship with their families but life isn't like that for all of us.

"Haven't spoken to my parents for years and quite happy that way. Not all parents belong on a pedestal, and the decision to turn my back on them was long overdue.

I envy those with a close loving relationship with their families but life isn't like that for all of us."

Good point.

I have'nt seen nor spoken to mine for over ten years, like someone has said not all parents are worth the time. Things happened when I was growing up and at the age of 14 my mother walked out on 3 of us me being the oldest and the youngest being 10 with just a note on the table and then 3 years later my father did the same and he sided with the lady that he was with and went on to marry when she said "that she had got enough children in the house already" so we where put with relatives.

I don't miss them and I give my children enough love for everyone!!! Ruby

By *athylacyTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

I have just read all the posts in this thread and my eyes are leaking now...

By *izzybird2014Woman  over a year ago

Doncaster

My parents frustrate me but are the reason I am here, they've supported every fatal decision I've made been there no matter what. For that I'm grateful love you old folks

"Haven't spoken to my parents for years and quite happy that way. Not all parents belong on a pedestal, and the decision to turn my back on them was long overdue.

I envy those with a close loving relationship with their families but life isn't like that for all of us."

Afraid I also have to echo this sentiment whilst striving to ensure my own daughter never feels the same way about me.

at the end of the day we owe them our lives! and an effort should be made as the day will come when its too late and in years to come you might feel huge regret ! nobody is perfect and maybe they just can't give what they haven't got

Mine should of been sterilized at birth total disgrace to parenthood pure waste of space.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

My mum died about 8 yrs ago but we hadn't spoke in easy 25 yrs before she died. Iv no idea if my dads still alive or not nor do I care they where both nasty pieces of work. My eldest sister was my only real mum but sadly she died 11 yrs ago. Im happy engh knowing I'll never see ether of my parents again but by fuck id give all that I have to just have 1 last conversation with my sister life can really suck at time but hey I know all the shit makes us who we are an other than my sis id change nothing

I envy those with a close loving relationship with their families but life isn't like that for all of us. at the end of the day we owe them our lives! and an effort should be made as the day will come when its too late and in years to come you might feel huge regret ! nobody is perfect and maybe they just can't give what they haven't got"

My parents are not nice people. They are lying manipulative, selfish, bullies who have fallen out with many, many people during their lifetimes.

However well intentioned, I don't need strangers telling me I should reconcile my relationship with them. I made allowances and excuses for over 30 years I don't need to be told I might regret my choices when they are dead.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"

My parents are not nice people. They are lying manipulative, selfish, bullies who have fallen out with many, many people during their lifetimes.

However well intentioned, I don't need strangers telling me I should reconcile my relationship with them. I made allowances and excuses for over 30 years I don't need to be told I might regret my choices when they are dead. "

I have a good relationship with mine....

But I know others who are in same situ as the above...

Well said Crystal/Wheels

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

"

Who'd have em lol."

I would give everything i have for an hour with mine again mate.

John

its very sad that some people lack such gratitude when others would love to have their parents back or to even know who they are

"its very sad that some people lack such gratitude when others would love to have their parents back or to even know who they are"

In my first post I said I was envious of those who have a close relationship. I would love it. And for a very longtime I tried for it. But ultimately I was pissing in the wind.

I think implying that those that are estranged from their family's lack gratitude and are selfish is extremely unfair. People with close family's tend to be unable to relate to those that haven't. I'm acutely aware of what I'm missing.

Me. My dad's been done for twelve years, I'd have him back in a heartbeat

its sometimes easier to get on with your parents when you are little, not so easy when you are grown up.

both my parents are dead and i miss them, you tend to remember peoples good points, not their bad points when their not around anymore and you know you will never see them again.

we didnt get on so well most of the time but i think about what they did for me, and how close we were when i was a kid, they made mistakes and i made sure i didnt make the same ones with my son. i know people think its wrong for me to say but i miss my dogs more than i miss my parents because they were always there for me and didnt judge me.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"its very sad that some people lack such gratitude when others would love to have their parents back or to even know who they are

In my first post I said I was envious of those who have a close relationship. I would love it. And for a very longtime I tried for it. But ultimately I was pissing in the wind.

I think implying that those that are estranged from their family's lack gratitude and are selfish is extremely unfair. People with close family's tend to be unable to relate to those that haven't. I'm acutely aware of what I'm missing.

"

+ 1

I didn't have the best relationship with my parents due to my mum having bi polar , there was an awful lot of pressure put on me and at times I did resent my dad for allowing it.

I've made sure I haven't made the same mistakes with my children and I have a very close relationship with them.

But I do miss my parents dearly.

People say things about parents for there OWN reasons so I would never judge anyone, we haven't walked in their shoes.

By *raggleRocCouple  over a year ago

Morpeth

hertfordshire

sad to hear of people who have not got a relationship with their parents its odd how parents can also end up reliant on their kids to look after them when they age

when my dad died my mum whispered in his ear to let go she wld be ok he died within 5 minutes im sure he heard her and decided it was time to leave

"its very sad that some people lack such gratitude when others would love to have their parents back or to even know who they are"

Its also very insensitive and judgemental to make comments such as yours about people you know nothing about.

Those of us who grew up with parents who loved and nurtured us are indeed blessed and very lucky. What right do we have to criticise those who did not - do you not think that given a choice they would have wished for loving parents too?

"I didn't have the best relationship with my parents due to my mum having bi polar , there was an awful lot of pressure put on me and at times I did resent my dad for allowing it.

I've made sure I haven't made the same mistakes with my children and I have a very close relationship with them.

But I do miss my parents dearly.

People say things about parents for there OWN reasons so I would never judge anyone, we haven't walked in their shoes. "

No nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors and what people are realy like to live with.

i hardly ever critisised my son, i wanted more than anything to make him feel wanted and not feel bad about himself the way i was made to feel a lot of the time. saying that though we all make mistakes sometimes.

you have to try your best to be good to your kids and as you get older the more you learn and make up for the mistakes you made.

Like anyone else , there are good parents and not so good parents .

There is no way any of us can possibly judge other people's parents so please let's just share our own personal experiences .

as parents get older it is our duty to care for them the same as they cared and nurtured us as babies! even tho we night not think the job they did was as good as they could have but they possibly had their own problems and the fact we are alive today means we owe it to them to care for when they need us

hertfordshire

"as parents get older it is our duty to care for them the same as they cared and nurtured us as babies! even tho we night not think the job they did was as good as they could have but they possibly had their own problems and the fact we are alive today means we owe it to them to care for when they need us"

my mum has been very reliant on me for company since my dad went and her health is not good either

"as parents get older it is our duty to care for them the same as they cared and nurtured us as babies! even tho we night not think the job they did was as good as they could have but they possibly had their own problems and the fact we are alive today means we owe it to them to care for when they need us"

I think perhaps you should try to remember some people do not do there best or in fact half there best our parents do not come from a generation that could choose to have children often they came along if they where wanted or not. As for owing care if someone didnt care for them how do they owe care noone asks to be born in fact thry have no say in the matter. I would like you to explain why you feel someone who may have been neglected or abused by there parents how they owe there parents anything ?

Sorry mate , but that's a bunch of crap

And just so I am clear I miss my dad every single day and would give almost all i have to speak for just 5 mins. My mum while driving me bannans I am about for anything she needs. So I do have close family but definitely dont feel need to tell others how there family should be . Xx

"its very sad that some people lack such gratitude when others would love to have their parents back or to even know who they are

Its also very insensitive and judgemental to make comments such as yours about people you know nothing about.

Those of us who grew up with parents who loved and nurtured us are indeed blessed and very lucky. What right do we have to criticise those who did not - do you not think that given a choice they would have wished for loving parents too?"

thank you.

It's one thing being able to conceive children, it's quite another being a parent. Not all parents are nice, kind, considerate, caring people. At times my mother has destroyed my sense of self worth creating me huge anxiety problems. I don't care who or what she represents, no one should ever make another person feel like that. I have a right to a peaceful life where I am well and can look after my family and work. She has been given many chances in the past but it got to the stage where I had to ask the Police to intervene.

"as parents get older it is our duty to care for them the same as they cared and nurtured us as babies! even tho we night not think the job they did was as good as they could have but they possibly had their own problems and the fact we are alive today means we owe it to them to care for when they need us

Sorry mate , but that's a bunch of crap "

Ruby

"as parents get older it is our duty to care for them the same as they cared and nurtured us as babies! even tho we night not think the job they did was as good as they could have but they possibly had their own problems and the fact we are alive today means we owe it to them to care for when they need us

I think perhaps you should try to remember some people do not do there best or in fact half there best our parents do not come from a generation that could choose to have children often they came along if they where wanted or not. As for owing care if someone didnt care for them how do they owe care noone asks to be born in fact thry have no say in the matter. I would like you to explain why you feel someone who may have been neglected or abused by there parents how they owe there parents anything ?"

Ruby

maybe your children might have the opinion you didn't care for them as well as you could have even tho you try your best! hope they don't cast you aside to rot

My parents emotionally and physically abused me for years, on one occasion my fathet tried to strangle me. For years afterwards I made excuses for their behaviour and desperately sought their approval which never came. And then I cut them out of my life. Not pne of my friends has ever questioned this decision which speaks volumes.

So I'm struggling with this notion that just because they spawned me I automatically "owe" them care in their old age. Sorry but I owe them fuck all.

There are people I do have that loyalty and grattitude to, specifically certain friends who's love is such that their is an undeniable and unbreakable debt of gratitude.

"My parents emotionally and physically abused me for years, on one occasion my fathet tried to strangle me. For years afterwards I made excuses for their behaviour and desperately sought their approval which never came. And then I cut them out of my life. Not pne of my friends has ever questioned this decision which speaks volumes.

So I'm struggling with this notion that just because they spawned me I automatically "owe" them care in their old age. Sorry but I owe them fuck all.

There are people I do have that loyalty and grattitude to, specifically certain friends who's love is such that their is an undeniable and unbreakable debt of gratitude."

Why do you feel the need to justify yourself to strangers on the internet? Similar to what you would say on other threads, it's no-one else's business but yours. x

I think a lot of people are lucky they had/ have great parents. Not everyone is the same unfortunately.

If I had disowned a parent I certainly wouldn't be looking for any kind of support for my actions from anyone else.

"maybe your children might have the opinion you didn't care for them as well as you could have even tho you try your best! hope they don't cast you aside to rot"

If they do you know what I will know I did a shit job. I believe and you will hate this but the way our kids feel about us is a good idea on how we have been as people cause although we have careers and friends if we are good parents we r missed eveeyday just like my dad

"My parents emotionally and physically abused me for years, on one occasion my fathet tried to strangle me. For years afterwards I made excuses for their behaviour and desperately sought their approval which never came. And then I cut them out of my life. Not pne of my friends has ever questioned this decision which speaks volumes.

There are people I do have that loyalty and grattitude to, specifically certain friends who's love is such that their is an undeniable and unbreakable debt of gratitude."

ok I find myself in a strange postion cause I rarely agree with your posts. But please do not feel you need to justify yourself on here cause remember children love there parents unconditionally until they are given several reasons not too. If there parents are so bad again and again you owe them nothing the greatest gift parents give is too love there children whenever they need and believe in them whatever they do. I had that I am a very lucky person I know this and am grateful for it.

"I love my mum and wish my dad was still with us"

me too

[Removed by poster at 26/02/14 20:53:56]

"I love my mum and wish my dad was still with us

me too"

"

Who'd have em lol."

I'd have my dad back in an instant!

i (him) dont have any there choice not mine dont miss them 1 little bit nowt but agro !!

"

Who'd have em lol.

I'd have my dad back in an instant! "

My mother I despised

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I wasn't particularly wanted as a child. My relationship with my parents got better when I moved to Brighton. I was with my Father when he died. It wasn't good. I always think though, it was the worst day of his life, not mine. I'm a better Father than he was, I believe.

» Add a new message to this topic