FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nightshift hate em or luv em

Nightshift hate em or luv em

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

One for the nightshift gang what do you hate/love about nightshift?

For me I love getting away from the day shift crap, climbing in to bed when the weather is shit knowing that the bosses are just getting up to go to work, nightshift in the winter you're at work when it's dark go to bed when it's dark and get up when it's dark.

Hate summer nightshift 24/7 daylight, house alarms(ones going off as I type) inconsiderate neighbours that BBQ and party when I'm getting ready for work.

Anything I've missed?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I love night shifts because I get paid a stupid amount of money for watching DVDs, doing coursework and occasionally having a nap.

I hate night shifts because they rob me of any type of social life for one week every fortnight. I don't see friends, dont get anything done apart from eat, sleep and a quick gym session.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I used to love night shifts when I did them - quieter, cooler, no officious twat bosses around. Sleeping in the day not a problem with top-notch ear-plugs and an eye mask

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I spent several years doing nights a security officer (less pay than a guard), and hated every minute of it. Only good thing was there was less of management to bother us.

I'd happily work nights, it would be more in tune with my waking hours.

By *eedelightsWoman  over a year ago

London

Hate nights with a passion! I dont sleep well during the day ( even with ear plugs and mask)

And it takes me days to get my body clock back to normal. My whole body hurts!

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I have worked Nights for about 28 years, not continuously but across several different careers. The advantages include being "my own boss" with no other managers to get in the way or hinder my work plus being able to work to my timetable as opposed to day time staff who tend to work to a more rigid format.

The disadvantages are constantly changing my body clock, sometimes fitting in a social life around those who wok a normal 9-5 routine, plus sleeping when everyone else is awake and who can't appreciate those trying to sleep in the daytime.

But, primarily, as I get older, the job gets much harder, simply due to fatigue. That's why aI am seeking a "day" job; my GP is encouraging me to do so as it will be better for me!

I always found backshifts to be worse than nightshifts. At least nightshifts there was a bit of time where you're at home when others are awake to. Backshifts you'd go just before they got home and get home when they were in bed asleep, wake up and they would be at work.

» Add a new message to this topic