FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > RIP Paco

RIP Paco

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eMontres OP   Man  over a year ago

Halesowen

21 December 1947 – 25 February 2014

A sad loss, one of the finest exponents of the genre.

Vaya con Dios mi amigo

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Halesowen

I can't believe there aren't any music lovers on the forum tonight -

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I wouldn't really say a Spanish flamenco guitarist is going to get a lot of recognition ;p

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had to Google him.

I like music but not Spanish flamenco so never heard of him.

Seemed quite young to die though which is always sad.

Halesowen

He was more a flamenco/gypsy jazz crossover/fusion artist. Internationally renowned, and next to Al DiMeola and John McGloughlin, probably the the foremost exponent of this style of playing.

As I said, obviously no music lovers on here tonight.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"As I said, obviously no music lovers on here tonight."

Oh please!

It this sort of remark from people that puts me off investigating certain genres of music, because it might be the music or artist that turned them into insufferable music snobs.

I'm sorry that you've lost an artist you enjoy, but I bet if I posted the name of a musician I liked you wouldn't have heard of him.

"As I said, obviously no music lovers on here tonight.

Oh please!

It this sort of remark from people that puts me off investigating certain genres of music, because it might be the music or artist that turned them into insufferable music snobs.

I'm sorry that you've lost an artist you enjoy, but I bet if I posted the name of a musician I liked you wouldn't have heard of him."

A giant among the guitar greats..

R.I.P.

"He was more a flamenco/gypsy jazz crossover/fusion artist. Internationally renowned, and next to Al DiMeola and John McGloughlin, probably the the foremost exponent of this style of playing.

As I said, obviously no music lovers on here tonight."

Never heard of him, but if he can be compared to Al DiMeola, he must have been awesome.

By *extoysareusCouple  over a year ago

kinky heaven

Haven't really heard flamenco since duty free.

Strange

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I thought it was the aftershave man.

By *oasterCockbumMan  over a year ago

Highway 61

Shame ...... Missed .....

He is a legend amongst guitar players and will be sorely missed. For those that don't know of him or his music it's well worth checking out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oyhlad64-s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RIP Paco...

"

Somewhat elitist don't you think? He was hardly a household name in this country outside of guitarist/flamenco circles.

Confession: I had never heard of him and also thought Paco Rabanne when I saw the title of the thread (Thanks Ryan for keeping me company in my ignorance!)

Just playing that Youtube link now and he was brilliant, I love this kind of music. So thank you for belatedly introducing me to him.

"Confession: I had never heard of him and also thought Paco Rabanne when I saw the title of the thread (Thanks Ryan for keeping me company in my ignorance!)

Just playing that Youtube link now and he was brilliant, I love this kind of music. So thank you for belatedly introducing me to him. "

saw Paco de Lucia many years ago he was a brilliant guitarist. Yes flamenco but he played some haunting melodies as well. I think he was only in mid 60s such a sad los

"Confession: I had never heard of him and also thought Paco Rabanne when I saw the title of the thread (Thanks Ryan for keeping me company in my ignorance!)

Just playing that Youtube link now and he was brilliant, I love this kind of music. So thank you for belatedly introducing me to him.

saw Paco de Lucia many years ago he was a brilliant guitarist. Yes flamenco but he played some haunting melodies as well. I think he was only in mid 60s such a sad los"

He was 66.

"He was more a flamenco/gypsy jazz crossover/fusion artist. Internationally renowned, and next to Al DiMeola and John McGloughlin, probably the the foremost exponent of this style of playing.

Great shame, was listening to the album that the 3 of them made just the other night.

"As I said, obviously no music lovers on here tonight.

Oh please!

I'm sorry that you've lost an artist you enjoy, but I bet if I posted the name of a musician I liked you wouldn't have heard of him."

I think it's a fair comment. People who claim to be music lovers should be expected to know a bit about all kinds of music. You wouldn't call someone a foodie if they had never tasted food from other nations and cultures.

» Add a new message to this topic