FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > discrimination

discrimination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

so, after reading the last forum and people being outraged about legoland having a muslim only day, it has now been cancelled after receiving threats if it went ahead.

I think there are some very uneducated people out there, hell bent on causing wrong to all who don't fit in to their way of life and it should of gone ahead despite them.

thoughts people?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Discrimination of any kind is wrong.

By *athylacyTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

Absolutely...

Why were they planning on having a muslim only day?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"so, after reading the last forum and people being outraged about legoland having a muslim only day, it has now been cancelled after receiving threats if it went ahead.

I think there are some very uneducated people out there, hell bent on causing wrong to all who don't fit in to their way of life and it should of gone ahead despite them.

thoughts people? "

I think it's very weak willed of Lego land to. Cancel it if it was them who cancelled it.

I think you are right.

Sorry, not much more to add than that

why do muslims need a special day?

"Why were they planning on having a muslim only day?"

it was a private event

evesham

They weren't. An Islamic organisation was planning to hire the venue while it was closed to the public to hold a family fun day. Some people failed to grasp the fact that they were hiring it out during their off season and that if they wanted to they could do the same.

how would a catholic only day go down in their country??

just asking

"Why were they planning on having a muslim only day?

it was a private event"

I did not see the other thread so why are they holding a Muslim only day? It's a public theme park right?

By *ing and RideCouple  over a year ago

stockport

I am planning to book a swingers only day at legoland....anyone interested? Muslim swingers most welcome

"how would a catholic only day go down in their country??

just asking"

Where is their country ?

By *r Man.Man  over a year ago

London

That's right discrimination is wrong, and also segregation, so why promote segregation day(Muslim day)

This is the United Kingdom,not the dis united kingdom

just asking"

Who cares? My sky wizard says this, your sky wizard says that ... Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

"I am planning to book a swingers only day at legoland....anyone interested? Muslim swingers most welcome"

it was closed anyway, and anyone can hire it for the day. it just so happens a group of muslims hired it on this day.

They weren't. An Islamic organisation was planning to hire the venue while it was closed to the public to hold a family fun day. Some people failed to grasp the fact that they were hiring it out during their off season and that if they wanted to they could do the same. "

I don't see the harm then.

it was a private event

I did not see the other thread so why are they holding a Muslim only day? It's a public theme park right?"

Read Evie's post it's all explained there. Nothing sinister is going on.

They weren't. An Islamic organisation was planning to hire the venue while it was closed to the public to hold a family fun day. Some people failed to grasp the fact that they were hiring it out during their off season and that if they wanted to they could do the same. "

Well if they were closing it to the public during normal opening hours to hold it then that would be wrong. If they are closed and it's a private event then I don't see anything wrong with it.

just asking"

Good knee jerk reaction you have there. Did you even read the post before you?

evesham

They weren't. An Islamic organisation was planning to hire the venue while it was closed to the public to hold a family fun day. Some people failed to grasp the fact that they were hiring it out during their off season and that if they wanted to they could do the same.

Well if they were closing it to the public during normal opening hours to hold it then that would be wrong. If they are closed and it's a private event then I don't see anything wrong with it."

It is during their off season. They were opening for the group because they were paying them to do so. If anyone else wanted to hire on a separate occasion I'm sure they could have done.

There is no discrimination except in the vivid imagination of some people.

"That's right discrimination is wrong, and also segregation, so why promote segregation day(Muslim day)

This is the United Kingdom,not the dis united kingdom "

Should never have got to this stage. Imagine if there was christian or jew only days it would not get off the ground and before folk say this is anti muslim post far from it but fact is here the muslims tend to be given favourable treatment over other sections of communities may be unpleasant reading for some but thats how it seems.

end of day to have one group only day is wrong no matter which group it creates resentment which could and should have been nipped in the bud

Everyone discriminates in one way or another, it's a fact of life. Some label it preference.

A hypothetical situation for those who say there should be no discrimination at all :

YOU run a Jewish restaurant, open to the public.

I book the whole restuarant. For a Nazi themed fancy dress party to celebrate Hitlers birthday.

Are YOU still happy? Give top quality service, with a smile, as you would to everyone else?

Substitute different groups in the scenario above , does it make it any different?

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Should never have got to this stage. Imagine if there was christian or jew only days it would not get off the ground and before folk say this is anti muslim post far from it but fact is here the muslims tend to be given favourable treatment over other sections of communities may be unpleasant reading for some but thats how it seems.

end of day to have one group only day is wrong no matter which group it creates resentment which could and should have been nipped in the bud

."

Load of bull ...

They were hiring the park for the day when it was closed for the season. If a Christian or any other faith group wanted to do the same they could do !

"That's right discrimination is wrong, and also segregation, so why promote segregation day(Muslim day)

This is the United Kingdom,not the dis united kingdom "

Nobody did.

evesham

"Should never have got to this stage. Imagine if there was christian or jew only days it would not get off the ground and before folk say this is anti muslim post far from it but fact is here the muslims tend to be given favourable treatment over other sections of communities may be unpleasant reading for some but thats how it seems.

."

They were only going to be 'treated batter' because they were willing to put their hands in their pocket and PAY to HIRE the venue on a day they were SHUT TO THE PUBLIC!!!!

London

[Removed by poster at 26/02/14 21:32:10]

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

They were hiring the park for the day when it was closed for the season. If a Christian or any other faith group wanted to do the same they could do !"

The bingo club from the Jewish Community Centre were thinking of booking it for their Spring Day Out. Its outrageous

."

Do you fail to grasp the concept of hiring out a venue for a private party ?

Do you fail to grasp the concept of hiring out a venue for a private party ? "

Some people are just blinded by hatred and a need to be outraged

Do you fail to grasp the concept of hiring out a venue for a private party ? "

You know. I don't think they do

London

Nobody did. "

But by stating Muslin day it reads that i been non Muslim is not welcome.

If they had said The Muslim blah blah organization has invited every body to a fun day. Then my friend this post wouldn't be here x.

pre 9/11 would this even have been an issue?

sadly, muslims have been targeted and demonized as a whole cross section of society based solely on the actions of a very few people. hold those who perpetrated the heinous acts accountable but do not punish anyone else. it's unconscionable.

"

Everyone discriminates in one way or another, it's a fact of life. Some label it preference.

A hypothetical situation for those who say there should be no discrimination at all :

I book the whole restuarant. For a Nazi themed fancy dress party to celebrate Hitlers birthday.

Are YOU still happy? Give top quality service, with a smile, as you would to everyone else?

Substitute different groups in the scenario above , does it make it any different?"

Your hypothetical scenario makes no sense at all. And you can't compare it to the Lego issue.

For the record, if I ran ANY type of restaurant, you would be refused a booking for a party with anything remotely celebrating Nazis or Hitler.

You can't compare that with the Lego scenario. The Nazis were a hate group - Muslims are not.

Amazing how a lot of people still jump to their own narrow-minded conclusions without even reading the facts of the matter on Evie's post.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

"Discrimination of any kind is wrong. "
Does that including positive discrimination?

evesham

Nobody did.

If they had said The Muslim blah blah organization has invited every body to a fun day. Then my friend this post wouldn't be here x."

The only people calling it a Muslim day are the media and people using it to fuel mindless hatred. It was a family day organised by a group of people that happen to be Muslims

Nobody did.

If they had said The Muslim blah blah organization has invited every body to a fun day. Then my friend this post wouldn't be here x."

what, specifically, is the issue with any organisation, irrespective of religious orientation, renting any private venue for the use of it's membership? all are free to do so and limit the attendance to those within it's members.

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Once again I'm saddened and speechless

Nobody did.

The only people that said it was a "muslim day" were far right blogs (including the link on the initial story here) and facebook pages. Legoland nor the organisers never labled it as such an event

London

Nobody did.

If they had said The Muslim blah blah organization has invited every body to a fun day. Then my friend this post wouldn't be here x.

The only people calling it a Muslim day are the media and people using it to fuel mindless hatred. It was a family day organised by a group of people that happen to be Muslims "

then ive finished with my righteousness amen x

"

Substitute different groups in the scenario above , does it make it any different?"

How does that even compare? Possibly the worst comparison ever

Nobody did.

If I hired the park for the day for my family and friends you wouldn't be invited. Is that discrimination? Would I have to invite the whole world to my private event?

Says a lot for the intelligence of people who believe everything the far right tell them.

Don't be daft. If Catholics or Jews or whoever for that matter wanted to hire out the venue when it's generally closed. Why don't they just bloody do it? Then all the little kids could have a bit of a fun day out and you won't have to ask all these hypothetical questions like 'what if...?'.

People need to stop chucking their dummy out at the first sign of something new or different. Your more than welcome to do something for your community - why don't they do it? People should take the opportunity and the initiative to do something like this to bring their communities together.

Now, Legoland is losing out on money now and saddest of all is the kids lose out now an all. What did they do?

People need to start opening their minds. Get out your own bubble. Pull your socks up and see the world for what it really is.

London

Nobody did.

If I hired the park for the day for my family and friends you wouldn't be invited. Is that discrimination? Would I have to invite the whole world to my private event?"

that's correct you organise a private event. So why do you need to advertise.

[Removed by poster at 26/02/14 21:59:00]

"that's correct you organise a private event. So why do you need to advertise."

Whoever said it was advertised? Any proof to back that up?

evesham

Nobody did.

If I hired the park for the day for my family and friends you wouldn't be invited. Is that discrimination? Would I have to invite the whole world to my private event?

that's correct you organise a private event. So why do you need to advertise."

They advertised or mire specifically promoted via thier own website.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Some people are just blinded by hatred and a need to be outraged"

Absolutely right. Like Michael Adebolajo, and Michael Adebowale.

"

Substitute different groups in the scenario above , does it make it any different?

Your hypothetical scenario makes no sense at all. And you can't compare it to the Lego issue.

For the record, if I ran ANY type of restaurant, you would be refused a booking for a party with anything remotely celebrating Nazis or Hitler.

You can't compare that with the Lego scenario. The Nazis were a hate group - Muslims are not.

Amazing how a lot of people still jump to their own narrow-minded conclusions without even reading the facts of the matter on Evie's post."

So you DO discriminate. Against things you personally don't like.

"

Absolutely right. Like Michael Adebolajo, and Michael Adebowale."

Or Ian Brady & Myra Hindley

Can someone just confirm that Legoland (or any other theme park) has never been hired by a Jewish, christian, sikh, scientologist etc, etc organisation?

No of course not... But hey what does that matter?

And what about the corporate days, imagine the anger if you worked for Lloyds Bsnk and you couldn;t go because Barclays had hired it for the day... Doesn't bare thinking about really

Seriously can't believe this 'story' is still going on it's ridiculous!!

Legoland is closed, the season doesn't start until late March.

The Park is hired out for private / corporate events ~ when it's closed to the public.

Just so happens to be a Muslim group who have paid to hire the park out....when it's closed!

It's the media / social media who have whipped a story out of nowhere & it's truly shocking how so many people jump on the band wagon and assume the worst.

The event isn't on Legolands website because it's a private paid for event.

Notice that Brad Pitt didn't make the news when he hired the park out....again off season!!'

evesham

"Can someone just confirm that Legoland (or any other theme park) has never been hired by a Jewish, christian, sikh, scientologist etc, etc organisation?

And what about the corporate days, imagine the anger if you worked for Lloyds Bsnk and you couldn;t go because Barclays had hired it for the day... Doesn't bare thinking about really"

Think that might just be worth a FOI request!

" So you DO discriminate. Against things you personally don't like. "

What a stupid, defensive response. Perhaps I should buy you a compensatory bottle of wine, pressed from sour grapes!

And I think you'll find the majority of people personally dislike the Nazis, and their ideology.........apart from you, of course.

"Can someone just confirm that Legoland (or any other theme park) has never been hired by a Jewish, christian, sikh, scientologist etc, etc organisation?

And what about the corporate days, imagine the anger if you worked for Lloyds Bsnk and you couldn;t go because Barclays had hired it for the day... Doesn't bare thinking about really"

Those bloody Barclay bastards.

"

How does that even compare? Possibly the worst comparison ever "

Yep, possibly the worst comparison ever because it ISN'T a comparison at all. The thread title is "discrimination". Nothing to do with Legoland at all.

It tests one's discriminatory views.

As does constantly berating "the right", "Daily Mail" readers or others one doesnt like.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

just asking"

would imagine that most of 'them' live here, would also guess that many if not all may have been born 'here'..

just asking

Good knee jerk reaction you have there. Did you even read the post before you?"

no I didn't!

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Or Ian Brady & Myra Hindley "

I think you will find that hatred and outrage were the last things on Brady and Hindley's mind.

For Muslims

[Removed by poster at 26/02/14 22:22:51]

"I think you will find that hatred and outrage were the last things on Brady and Hindley's mind."

Obviously not for each other, of course. So do you mean they were kind, benevolent souls who, in reality, loved, cherished and adored the children they so brutally molested and killed?

" So you DO discriminate. Against things you personally don't like.

What a stupid, defensive response. Perhaps I should buy you a compensatory bottle of wine, pressed from sour grapes!

And I think you'll find the majority of people personally dislike the Nazis, and their ideology.........apart from you, of course. "

Ah, so it's not discriminatory only if you're in the majority. I see.

"

I think you will find that hatred and outrage were the last things on Brady and Hindley's mind."

You're right it was a bad example, I was just a bit puzzled as to why you had brought those two into the argument.

So the crux of it is Legoland themselves weren't having a Muslim Day, Muslims had hired the site for a private function, im not really seeing the problem

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

I think you will find that hatred and outrage were the last things on Brady and Hindley's mind.

You're right it was a bad example, I was just a bit puzzled as to why you had brought those two into the argument. "

Surely you cannot be serious asking why I brought two men (nay animals) who blinded by hatred and outrage murdered an innocent young man into the argument.

in Lancashire

"

You're right it was a bad example, I was just a bit puzzled as to why you had brought those two into the argument.

Surely you cannot be serious asking why I brought two men (nay animals) who blinded by hatred and outrage murdered an innocent young man into the argument. "

you could have used many examples of such behaviour, you know that..

you picked those two who just happen to be murdering scum because they're muslim yes..

"So the crux of it is Legoland themselves weren't having a Muslim Day, Muslims had hired the site for a private function, im not really seeing the problem

"

Yes, amazingly it is that simple

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Any one who thinks its a victory for 'British values' to force a group to cancel a day out just because they aren't White Anglo Saxon Protestants needs a bit of a lesson on not being a dick.

in Lancashire

"So the crux of it is Legoland themselves weren't having a Muslim Day, Muslims had hired the site for a private function, im not really seeing the problem

"

maybe thats cos you've looked at it without prejudice or an agenda..

unlike some as usual..

"

Surely you cannot be serious asking why I brought two men (nay animals) who blinded by hatred and outrage murdered an innocent young man into the argument. "

Yes I'm serious. I can't see how we got from legoland to Lee Rigbys killers.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Having seen another thread on the forums where someone is claiming that 'Paki' is an acceptable term for an Asian person, I reckon its time I went to bed.

Its not just discrimination, it's fucking disgraceful.

Haven't read the story so I don't know the full facts. But it's really sad if they had to cancel due to threats.

A privately organised family event and some idiots are threatening... what.. who...? Families?

"Having seen another thread on the forums where someone is claiming that 'Paki' is an acceptable term for an Asian person, I reckon its time I went to bed.

Its not just discrimination, it's fucking disgraceful. "

Really?! That's awful

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

Ok I am not racised but a muslim only day is just wrobg unless they do a catholic only day a jewish only day and so on.

This country is disgraceful in the way it treats its own. We are after all a christian country and schools have banned the nativity for fear of offence to other cultures.

I'm sorry but if a Christian country offends other religions then surely they should go somewhere else.

I know many people from other cultures that do not get offended by a Christian celebration and just choose not to partake.

This outrageous idea of legoland is just another thing that could cause more of a divide which is just so wrong

Your posts are so funny..

*gonna have to start following your posts..

in Lancashire

"Ok I am not racised but a muslim only day is just wrobg unless they do a catholic only day a jewish only day and so on.

This country is disgraceful in the way it treats its own. We are after all a christian country and schools have banned the nativity for fear of offence to other cultures.

I'm sorry but if a Christian country offends other religions then surely they should go somewhere else.

I know many people from other cultures that do not get offended by a Christian celebration and just choose not to partake.

This outrageous idea of legoland is just another thing that could cause more of a divide which is just so wrong "

whats outrageous is the thought that any group in our society can't book an empty venue because some small minded prejudiced person wants to make an issue out of something which in reality is nothing..

"Ok I am not racised but a muslim only day is just wrobg unless they do a catholic only day a jewish only day and so on.

This outrageous idea of legoland is just another thing that could cause more of a divide which is just so wrong "

Have you read any if the above posts ? It is all explained there.

You may want to revisit the first 5 words of this post, they aren't really in keeping with the rest of it

aarrrgghh!!

Please read the thread.....

Legoland is closed ~ not open to the public ~ off season, closed. No one is being denied entrance it's closed!!!!

The park has been hired out privately & paid for by a group of people who just so happen to be Muslims....

LONDON (se)

Yes just noticed as didn't read it all only first few posts . So I accept all ridicule for my lack of reading.

So on the view of that it shouldn't really be news worthy if it is just a private event.

But my view on religious discrimination remains.

I'm Catholic and bring my children up as such and hate so much that the most important date in our calendar is being forced ftom happy Christmas to happy holiday s to avoid offending other religious cultures. Well that offends me and many other catholics but hey who cares right. .....

"

I'm Catholic and bring my children up as such and hate so much that the most important date in our calendar is being forced ftom happy Christmas to happy holiday s to avoid offending other religious cultures. Well that offends me and many other catholics but hey who cares right. .....

"

How is Christmas being forced from our calenders? It is forced down our throats for 3 months leading up to it!

Or did I miss the announcement where it was going to become a normal working day in order to make Eid a bank holiday?

How did it become public knowledge that the private party were Muslim anyway?

LONDON (se)

"

How is Christmas being forced from our calenders? It is forced down our throats for 3 months leading up to it!

Or did I miss the announcement where it was going to become a normal working day in order to make Eid a bank holiday?"

You miss my view completely. I never said it was being pushed from our calendars. I said it is being changed. Father bloody Christmas is everywhere. It has lost all meaning to most and see it as giving and getting presents. Stuffing our faces and throwing a ton of food away.

I don't crazy shop I by enough to feed my little family. We try new meat every year and nothing is waisted. We celebrate it for what it is. Not a santa in sight

LONDON (se)

"How did it become public knowledge that the private party were Muslim anyway? "

Good question. .....

Hasnt this already been debated to death before ??

LONDON (se)

"Hasnt this already been debated to death before ??"

And it always will be

"

Or did I miss the announcement where it was going to become a normal working day in order to make Eid a bank holiday?

You miss my view completely. I never said it was being pushed from our calendars. I said it is being changed. Father bloody Christmas is everywhere. It has lost all meaning to most and see it as giving and getting presents. Stuffing our faces and throwing a ton of food away.

I don't crazy shop I by enough to feed my little family. We try new meat every year and nothing is waisted. We celebrate it for what it is. Not a santa in sight "

Actually that's a good point as a festival of spending but the religious connotations have been toned down in certain areas to avoid offending other religions its been documented a few times over the last few years. I am not sure if its necessarily a bad thing to take into account local residents but I am not sure its a good one either.

By *ibbyhunterCouple  over a year ago

keighley

don't you just love the way religion divides and segregates, and turns people against people, and country against country, time to give all organised religion the elbow ,then maybe we could all just get along with one another.

"How did it become public knowledge that the private party were Muslim anyway?

Good question. ....."

How does anything become public knowledge these days?!

social media, a 'harmless' tweet etc etc.....

"don't you just love the way religion divides and segregates, and turns people against people, and country against country, time to give all organised religion the elbow ,then maybe we could all just get along with one another."

Its bound to in many peoples eyes its a method of the few controlling the many it could be likened to football tribalism in its basic elements and they turn against each other all the time.

LONDON (se)

"

I don't crazy shop I by enough to feed my little family. We try new meat every year and nothing is waisted. We celebrate it for what it is. Not a santa in sight

Actually that's a good point as a festival of spending but the religious connotations have been toned down in certain areas to avoid offending other religions its been documented a few times over the last few years. I am not sure if its necessarily a bad thing to take into account local residents but I am not sure its a good one either. "

As a Christian nation we shouldn't be worried about offending others in our country. That is what is wrong with the world. Everyone is affraid of offending everyone and it is ridiculous. If a Christian culture offends someone then they shouldn't go t a christian place. We shouldn't have to change things because of it. Except the cointry you chose to live in as it is or go somewhere else if it offends.

LONDON (se)

No doubt I would get tortured to death if I went to a Muslim or sikh country and tried to spread the good word a build a Catholic Church. I wouldn't blame them as they have every right to want to keep their country their way and I respect that.(not the torture obviously) Why can't other respect our ways and practically degrade a sacred catholic celebration.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

if anyone is planning a fab day at legover land . count me in lol

LONDON (se)

"if anyone is planning a fab day at legover land . count me in lol"

Lol me too

"No doubt I would get tortured to death if I went to a Muslim or sikh country and tried to spread the good word a build a Catholic Church. I wouldn't blame them as they have every right to want to keep their country their way and I respect that.(not the torture obviously) Why can't other respect our ways and practically degrade a sacred catholic celebration. "

Can you name some countries where torturing Christians to death is commonplace? Particularly by sikhs?

LONDON (se)

"No doubt I would get tortured to death if I went to a Muslim or sikh country and tried to spread the good word a build a Catholic Church. I wouldn't blame them as they have every right to want to keep their country their way and I respect that.(not the torture obviously) Why can't other respect our ways and practically degrade a sacred catholic celebration.

Can you name some countries where torturing Christians to death is commonplace? Particularly by sikhs?"

Was just emphasising a point not stating fact. If read properlh you would notice.

Or maybe you are just looking to row or just a pedantic person

"

I don't crazy shop I by enough to feed my little family. We try new meat every year and nothing is waisted. We celebrate it for what it is. Not a santa in sight "

While I agree that the commercial excess of Christmas is vile, I think the fact that you acknowledge that Chistmas is everywhere does make your previous point that it is being forced out so as not to offend other people somewhat invalid

Sounds like jealousy. I'd love to hire out Legoland!

LONDON (se)

"

While I agree that the commercial excess of Christmas is vile, I think the fact that you acknowledge that Chistmas is everywhere does make your previous point that it is being forced out so as not to offend other people somewhat invalid"

FFS

I NEVER SAID CHRISTMAS WAS BEING PUSHED OUT.

Changing to not offend. will you read properly before replying.

Such ignorance of my point

LONDON (se)

"Sounds like jealousy. I'd love to hire out Legoland! "

I prefer Alton Towers

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Sounds like jealousy. I'd love to hire out Legoland! "

You can have Legoland. Cadbury World on the other hand...

A group hire a venue that's closed to the public for a family day and all hell breaks lose. I must be missing something.

By *eno_2004Man  over a year ago

Bishops Stortford

So a private hire that happens to be by a group of like minded worshipers is labelled a Muslim day and gets people up in arms, key word here is private which last time I checked was perfectly allowed

Why do we continue to allow labels and the pigeon holing of groups dictate our thoughts

Discrimination and racism of any form are not acceptable

I haven't heard this story untill now but have read the thread, - nice one

Did they just book legoland out but then Legoland found out that they were Muslims & canceled or what?

It seems strange how religion came in to it in the first place; anyone know?

I mean, if I booked a restaurant out, I would hardly state that we're a bunch of Buddhists, all that would matter to me was that the food was kocher.

*see what I did there

On the surface of what I read above like other posters I was fairly disgusted at legolands decision to cancel this event.

However I've now read this news item and looked into this a bit more....

The Muslim group wishing to attend were The Muslim Research and Development Foundation which is chaired by cleric Haitham al-Haddad.

This guy it appears has attracted some very negative publicity and I no doubt courts attention constantly from groups such as EDL and other far right groups. Why well here are a few of this guys views:

He has claimed Jews are descended from 'apes and pigs', called gays 'criminals' and has made controversial comments about domestic violence.

Dr Al-Haddad advocated that gays should be outlawed and has also praised terror boss Osama bin Laden. He has also spoken out in favour of female genital mutilation.

Like all extreme Islamists, he uses fascist language about non-Muslims and refuses to sit at the same table as women.’

------------

So not to say I agree with the far right threats that were made, but this was hardly a "normal" family fun event - the guy is a hate preacher

"I haven't heard this story untill now but have read the thread, - nice one

Did they just book legoland out but then Legoland found out that they were Muslims & canceled or what?

I mean, if I booked a restaurant out, I would hardly state that we're a bunch of Buddhists, all that would matter to me was that the food was kocher.

*see what I did there "

No Legoland didn't find out after it was hired. It was hired on purpose in the off season so that certain things could be done to accommodate the Muslim faith, such as a quiet place to pray. From what I have read it has been cancelled because of the threat of violence from extremist British groups.

"I haven't heard this story untill now but have read the thread, - nice one

*see what I did there

No Legoland didn't find out after it was hired. It was hired on purpose in the off season so that certain things could be done to accommodate the Muslim faith, such as a quiet place to pray. From what I have read it has been cancelled because of the threat of violence from extremist British groups."

Because the event organiser is a Hate Cleric

Aaaaaaaaaaaagh, the story is now unfolding, - I figured that there must have been more to it than the earlier posts suggested; it just didn't seem right.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaagh, the story is now unfolding, - I figured that there must have been more to it than the earlier posts suggested; it just didn't seem right."

Shame you didn't see the original thread and the site it linked to. It was disgusting.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaagh, the story is now unfolding, - I figured that there must have been more to it than the earlier posts suggested; it just didn't seem right.

Shame you didn't see the original thread and the site it linked to. It was disgusting."

I didn't either....

Yes Haitham al-Haddad is just a real bundle of fun. He advocates the stoning of women and a mans wife to beat his wife and have sex with her at any time.

Hardly surprising that a man like this attracts the attention that he has

"Aaaaaaaaaaaagh, the story is now unfolding, - I figured that there must have been more to it than the earlier posts suggested; it just didn't seem right.

Shame you didn't see the original thread and the site it linked to. It was disgusting.

I didn't either...."

I'm glad I didn't!

But from the above post, this cleric seems like a disgusting character also; can't blame anyone for closing the door to that trash!!

"Yes Haitham al-Haddad is just a real bundle of fun. He advocates the stoning of women and a mans wife to beat his wife and have sex with her at any time.

Hardly surprising that a man like this attracts the attention that he has "

I thought women weren't allowed at stonings, or is that just in the Life Of Brian?

He is identified as one of the UKs top 25 Muslim cleric hate preachers and the only people I think he hasn't spoken our against are other straight Muslim men.

He has attended our universities spreading his vile nasty views.

"On the surface of what I read above like other posters I was fairly disgusted at legolands decision to cancel this event.

However I've now read this news item and looked into this a bit more....

The Muslim group wishing to attend were The Muslim Research and Development Foundation which is chaired by cleric Haitham al-Haddad.

This guy it appears has attracted some very negative publicity and I no doubt courts attention constantly from groups such as EDL and other far right groups. Why well here are a few of this guys views:

He has claimed Jews are descended from 'apes and pigs', called gays 'criminals' and has made controversial comments about domestic violence.

Dr Al-Haddad advocated that gays should be outlawed and has also praised terror boss Osama bin Laden. He has also spoken out in favour of female genital mutilation.

Like all extreme Islamists, he uses fascist language about non-Muslims and refuses to sit at the same table as women.’

------------

So not to say I agree with the far right threats that were made, but this was hardly a "normal" family fun event - the guy is a hate preacher "

But I thought Jews were descended from apes?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Nice to see the ignorant and narrow minded folk out in force again....

"Nice to see the ignorant and narrow minded folk out in force again...."

If true that the hate cleric arranged it then i can understand it being cancelled...However it does not mean that every Muslim in this country lives on hate...It also does not mean that we have to be ignorant and narrow minded either its just as bad as the hate cleric spouting hate

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Perhaps we should stop all religions from booking any private venues? Just to be fair.

"Nice to see the ignorant and narrow minded folk out in force again...."

Who are you referring to? I haven't seen any hate mail here in the last couple of hours, - yesterday maybe????

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"so, after reading the last forum and people being outraged about legoland having a muslim only day, it has now been cancelled after receiving threats if it went ahead.

thoughts people? "

I think maybe 'outraged of whereever' may have a point.

The issue isn't who tried to hire it, but who they hired it for. Lets just change things slightly for a moment. Would all you right thinking people who see whoever caused the stopping of this booking hold the same views if it was the EDF or BNP that were attempting to hire Thorpe Park for a White only day?

We have laws that say you are not allowed to discriminate on grounds of colour, religion, sex or sexual orientation. I dont remember ever hearing of an exception for Islam or any other minority.

Laws (especially equality laws) have to apply equally to all, and if any should be hanging their head in shame it should be the authorities that were willing to allow any religious group to hold such an obviously discriminatory (Muslims only) secular (visit to a theme park) event.

"Nice to see the ignorant and narrow minded folk out in force again....

Who are you referring to? I haven't seen any hate mail here in the last couple of hours, - yesterday maybe????"

and no one in the last few hours has said all Muslims are like Haitham al-Haddad.....I merely pointed out who was behind trying to hire the venue and why the far right groups reacted as they did.

I don't see a problem with a private hire of leggoland or wherever by whoever, I just couldn't understand how & why it became public knowledge In the first place, I mean, was it Legoland?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Surely you cannot be serious asking why I brought two men (nay animals) who blinded by hatred and outrage murdered an innocent young man into the argument.

you could have used many examples of such behaviour, you know that..

you picked those two who just happen to be murdering scum because they're muslim yes.."

Yes I could have used many other examples. I could have gone back a few decades and mentioned the IRA. but I didn't really think that it would be as relevant to this thread as Adebolajo, and Adebowale. Firstly because they are headline news today, not decades ago. Secondly, the comment I was answering was "Some people are just blinded by hatred and a need to be outraged" If you can find a better example of two men committing such a crime for no personal gain other than to satisfy their hatred and outrage I would love to hear it.

As for the private day out at Thorpe park. I have no problem at all with it, and am not the slightest bit outraged.

My comments are based on the whole thread worth of comments not necessarily this morning posts..

By *randmrsfreakyCouple  over a year ago

alfreton near chesterfield

Shit, I had a job for the day there as a brick layer

There's usually a reasonable explanation to these inflammatory things that get circulated. I always pop in a link from hoaxslayer! Today Evie, you shall be hoaxslayer.

evesham

thoughts people?

The issue isn't who tried to hire it, but who they hired it for. Lets just change things slightly for a moment. Would all you right thinking people who see whoever caused the stopping of this booking hold the same views if it was the EDF or BNP that were attempting to hire Thorpe Park for a White only day?

We have laws that say you are not allowed to discriminate on grounds of colour, religion, sex or sexual orientation. I dont remember ever hearing of an exception for Islam or any other minority.

Laws (especially equality laws) have to apply equally to all, and if any should be hanging their head in shame it should be the authorities that were willing to allow any religious group to hold such an obviously discriminatory (Muslims only) secular (visit to a theme park) event."

Firstly it wasn't a Muslim only day it was a family day arranged for people who follow the religion of Islam. There is no discrimination because IF another group of people wanted to pay to hire the venue then I am sure legoland would have snapped up their cash as well.

I'd have no issue with the EDL hiring a venue for the day provided it wasn't marketed in such a way as to incite hatred as this day wasn't.

Venues get hired out by organisations and charities and religious groups all the time its just a shame that small minded idiots have ruined a fun day out for parents and children.

evesham

There's usually a reasonable explanation to these inflammatory things that get circulated. I always pop in a link from hoaxslayer! Today Evie, you shall be hoaxslayer. "

Oooooh I've never been a slayer of anything before. Is it like buffy and I get a sexy vampire with a soul to flirt with too???

thoughts people?

Laws (especially equality laws) have to apply equally to all, and if any should be hanging their head in shame it should be the authorities that were willing to allow any religious group to hold such an obviously discriminatory (Muslims only) secular (visit to a theme park) event.

Firstly it wasn't a Muslim only day it was a family day arranged for people who follow the religion of Islam. There is no discrimination because IF another group of people wanted to pay to hire the venue then I am sure legoland would have snapped up their cash as well.

I'd have no issue with the EDL hiring a venue for the day provided it wasn't marketed in such a way as to incite hatred as this day wasn't.

Venues get hired out by organisations and charities and religious groups all the time its just a shame that small minded idiots have ruined a fun day out for parents and children. "

A family day out organised by a man who is intolerant of any other religion apart from his own, is anti-Semitic, homophobic to the point he wants it outlawed, sexist to the point he believes women are below men and should accept whatever punishment (violence) they are given. You think this man is the right person to organise a good wholesome family day out

Who are you referring to? I haven't seen any hate mail here in the last couple of hours, - yesterday maybe????

and no one in the last few hours has said all Muslims are like Haitham al-Haddad.....I merely pointed out who was behind trying to hire the venue and why the far right groups reacted as they did. "

Yes, I new where you were coming from & it most certainly wasn't racist in anyway, in fact it was a question that you asked earlier in the thread that I was reading a few hours ago that caught my eye, - exactly what I was questioning!

It was one of the most sensible posts of the entire thread thus far.

Strange then the timing of the former of this quote?????

And to anyone thinking any comments I have made were - I am no racist thank you

Indeed good to bring idiots like Haitham al-Haddad to media attention to protect those poor Muslim women who are denied UK rights and are beaten, raped and forced as girls to suffer female circumcision, as he also promotes. How about the rights of Muslims who are gay?

No I'm glad this event was cancelled. Why should we tolerate and accept people like him who openly oppose our laws. He should be deported and let the good UK law abiding Muslim people live their life in peace. I've no doubt if this event had been organised by a non extremist we would have been none the wiser and the right wing groups wouldn't have given a shit.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

that is all.

Totally agree,take all the religious differences out of the world,now that would be a place I love to live in.!!!

"Totally agree,take all the religious differences out of the world,now that would be a place I love to live in.!!!"

But the majority of faith followers, myself included, are fully capable of practicing their chosen religion without upsetting other people and indeed having respect for other peoples faith or non believers even.

"if anyone is planning a fab day at legover land . count me in lol"

I'd love to see the headlines in the Daily Mail if they ever found out avout that one

and no one in the last few hours has said all Muslims are like Haitham al-Haddad.....I merely pointed out who was behind trying to hire the venue and why the far right groups reacted as they did.

Yes, I new where you were coming from & it most certainly wasn't racist in anyway, in fact it was a question that you asked earlier in the thread that I was reading a few hours ago that caught my eye, - exactly what I was questioning!

It was one of the most sensible posts of the entire thread thus far.

Strange then the timing of the former of this quote?????"

Oh please where I stated that what notts said was racist...I have not set eyes on this thread until this morning and my quote was directed at the few who were being narrow minded..Please do not put words in my mouth in what i was stating

Sorry,i thought you were referring to just the few of us who were posting for a couple of hours after yesterday's thread was resurrected when you said "again" - my apologies, sorry

"Sorry,i thought you were referring to just the few of us who were posting for a couple of hours after yesterday's thread was resurrected when you said "again" - my apologies, sorry "

see what happens when you jump to conclusions...

There's usually a reasonable explanation to these inflammatory things that get circulated. I always pop in a link from hoaxslayer! Today Evie, you shall be hoaxslayer.

Oooooh I've never been a slayer of anything before. Is it like buffy and I get a sexy vampire with a soul to flirt with too???"

It's much more boring than that...but you're making it sound like a lot of fun!!

"Sorry,i thought you were referring to just the few of us who were posting for a couple of hours after yesterday's thread was resurrected when you said "again" - my apologies, sorry

see what happens when you jump to conclusions... "

I'm sorry, it was just the timing of it & errrrrrrrm, when you said 'again' & errrrrm

Guilty as charged!!

go to Afghanistan and hold a Christian tea party

"Sorry,i thought you were referring to just the few of us who were posting for a couple of hours after yesterday's thread was resurrected when you said "again" - my apologies, sorry

see what happens when you jump to conclusions...

I'm sorry, it was just the timing of it & errrrrrrrm, when you said 'again' & errrrrm

Guilty as charged!! "

Sorry i got you confused...I meant again as in the original thread that was started some weeks ago that turned into a recruitment thread for the EDL.

in Lancashire

"No doubt I would get tortured to death if I went to a Muslim or sikh country and tried to spread the good word a build a Catholic Church. I wouldn't blame them as they have every right to want to keep their country their way and I respect that.(not the torture obviously) Why can't other respect our ways and practically degrade a sacred catholic celebration. "

the 'good' word..?

what evidence do you have that your particular choice of belief has been degraded and by whom..?

certainly some within the catholic 'faith' have done their share of dmaging its reputation..

in Lancashire

"go to Afghanistan and hold a Christian tea party"

what does that type of tea party involve..?

people are right to object! a Muslim family objected to religion being taught in school here

and who knows what they could plant in legoland while there

"go to Afghanistan and hold a Christian tea party"

Yes but that's the difference between the countries. Are you saying you want our countries to be more like Afghanistan?

in Lancashire

"and who knows what they could plant in legoland while there"

your ignorance is being outfought by your lack of knowledge..

confusing perhaps..

"and who knows what they could plant in legoland while there

your ignorance is being outfought by your lack of knowledge..

confusing perhaps.."

Or knock down some regulars blocks just to piss folk off!!

Question?

Why can't people think/and find out for themselves rather than believe everything that's written in the Daily Mail and other media sources?

...people seem to believe any bullshit lately.

in Lancashire

actually i apologise, they could of course be a section of their culture that plant nice smelling flowers and pretty shrubs..

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"people are right to object! a Muslim family objected to religion being taught in school here "

Quite right too.

No place for bollox in an education establishment.

Plan of action?

Individuals need to read a bit of history and see how people of all faiths used to live together in harmony before and what was the reason why certain groups started quarreling and falling out.

If you want to build your churches and your synogagues in the other countries. No one's stopping you. The bloody government's going to pay for it as well - no one is stop anyone from doing anything they want to. There's Christians living in the Middle East with churches made out of marble whilst the mosques are made of mud - why? Because the government build it for them.

It's not all doom and gloom you know. People need to get their head out of the sand - you're not a bloody ostrich you know.

"No doubt I would get tortured to death if I went to a Muslim or sikh country and tried to spread the good word a build a Catholic Church. I wouldn't blame them as they have every right to want to keep their country their way and I respect that.(not the torture obviously) Why can't other respect our ways and practically degrade a sacred catholic celebration.

Can you name some countries where torturing Christians to death is commonplace? Particularly by sikhs?

Was just emphasising a point not stating fact. If read properlh you would notice.

Or maybe you are just looking to row or just a pedantic person"

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Blimey it must be being hired by some very rich people going from the prices Legoland charge for entry let alone hiring the full venue

"I am planning to book a swingers only day at legoland....anyone interested? Muslim swingers most welcome"

Homework:

Let me ask everybody who posted on this forum to read about what is currently happening in Central African Republic. Read it with an open mind and see if your views of anything changes.

Sorry OP to go from Legoland to Africa. But, ignorance and stupidity annoys the fuck out of me.

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"Discrimination of any kind is wrong. "

article 14 of the human rights act

"Question?

Why can't people think/and find out for themselves rather than believe everything that's written in the Daily Mail and other media sources?

...people seem to believe any bullshit lately.

"

people believe and spout what they think is real even though they believe what they are saying is bollocks..

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"Plan of action?

Individuals need to read a bit of history and see how people of all faiths used to live together in harmony before and what was the reason why certain groups started quarreling and falling out.

If you want to build your churches and your synogagues in the other countries. No one's stopping you. The bloody government's going to pay for it as well - no one is stop anyone from doing anything they want to. There's Christians living in the Middle East with churches made out of marble whilst the mosques are made of mud - why? Because the government build it for them.

It's not all doom and gloom you know. People need to get their head out of the sand - you're not a bloody ostrich you know.

"

there are also Christians in prison for being Christian, there are also churches that have to have close protection and armed British soldiers so they can practice being Christian in the Middle East, so please don't take all the good stuff and leave behind the bad stuff

what would be said if we had a white day, its fine have all these black groups, but if a white group was set up it would be called racist, and before you start I am not a racist lol.

"Plan of action?

there are also Christians in prison for being Christian, there are also churches that have to have close protection and armed British soldiers so they can practice being Christian in the Middle East, so please don't take all the good stuff and leave behind the bad stuff "

So, how comes a lot are taking all the bad stuff and leaving behind the good stuff?

See how that works?

"what would be said if we had a white day, its fine have all these black groups, but if a white group was set up it would be called racist, and before you start I am not a racist lol. "

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"No doubt I would get tortured to death if I went to a Muslim or sikh country and tried to spread the good word a build a Catholic Church."

Just a little but very significant point about Sikhs.

According to Sikh teaching, a Sikh must not practice any other religion but may study their religious texts and must be respectful of all other religions and their followers. So I think you would be perfectly safe in the company of even the most radical Sikh.

"what would be said if we had a white day, its fine have all these black groups, but if a white group was set up it would be called racist, and before you start I am not a racist lol. "

Which black groups are you talking about?

Why don't you organise one? Then instead of speculating, we could actually see what people's reaction would be. I think that's an idea don't you think?

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

Didn't see other thread but if it was to hire venue out for private party should be nothing to do with anyone else. If it was a day put on by legoland then absolutely no it wouldn't have been on at all. As tempers would be very high in the Muslim community if it was the other way round and they would be the first screaming discrimination.

However discrimination is a very one sided affair lol if you get my drift ... The various groups be it colour race or religion always want their own days organization's etc and they think that's fine however if the rest of us did it there would be bloody hell to pay..

For example only...'MBPA' Metropolitan Black Police Authority' not really on in my book. No MWPA is there that I can find anyway.. as it wouldn't be tolerated.

We are either all in the same boat or we are not. And sadly it's clear we are not.

"No doubt I would get tortured to death if I went to a Muslim or sikh country and tried to spread the good word a build a Catholic Church.

Just a little but very significant point about Sikhs.

According to Sikh teaching, a Sikh must not practice any other religion but may study their religious texts and must be respectful of all other religions and their followers. So I think you would be perfectly safe in the company of even the most radical Sikh."

You could call it 'bricks and pricks day'

You may not be racist but you are not very bright. Do you think all Muslims are black ? What are these black groups of which you speak ? What group would be classed as a white day ?

Your post was a bit of a Johnny Nash.

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"what would be said if we had a white day, its fine have all these black groups, but if a white group was set up it would be called racist, and before you start I am not a racist lol.

Which black groups are you talking about?"

Haven't read all the post haven't got time and I don't know what black groups the poster was referring to but what about as I said earlier Metropolitan Black Police Association they don't have one for whites so why black get preferential treatment..lol

It's a post that's never gonna end well that's why there are segregated groups in society.

That's life sadly these days.

in Lancashire

"what would be said if we had a white day, its fine have all these black groups, but if a white group was set up it would be called racist, and before you start I am not a racist lol.

Which black groups are you talking about?

Haven't read all the post haven't got time and I don't know what black groups the poster was referring to but what about as I said earlier Metropolitan Black Police Association they don't have one for whites so why black get preferential treatment..lol

It's a post that's never gonna end well that's why there are segregated groups in society.

That's life sadly these days."

the point about the MBPA is that it was formed to represent a section of the work force who were at that time being ignored for promotion etc..

one of their core beliefs is that they would wish to disband it but that would only be when folks are not discriminated against cos of the colour of their skin..

same with some womens, LGBT groups in other workforces..

the majority of staff in the Met are 'white', why would they need a specific group to represent their views..?