FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Scotlad leaving uk.

Scotlad leaving uk.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looks like there will be huge problems with the banks there as 90 percent are english customers, not sure they thought it through properly.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *at2Couple  over a year ago

north Down

The establishment ie banks, corporations and the ruling elite were never going to let Scotland or anyone else have any sort of independence.

They will now pump up the fear factor to round up anyone that has split form the herd and is thinking for themselves and dreaming about self determination .. Scotland will be put to bed while they destroy the Ukraine and create another Cold War ...

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I had the independence discussion with a Scottish businessman friend last night. His response was that the Scottish are a sensible people and wouldn't do anything as daft as to risk their financial viability. His business network are doing nothing as it will be business as usual as the vote will be a no.

By *rumCoupleCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

"I had the independence discussion with a Scottish businessman friend last night. His response was that the Scottish are a sensible people and wouldn't do anything as daft as to risk their financial viability. His business network are doing nothing as it will be business as usual as the vote will be a no.

"

Sadly big business can't afford the risk - as Standard Life has proved, they need to think of their shareholders.

My company has drawn up some strategic issues to be addressed in the event of independence. Probably wasted money, but we need to be prepared.

"I had the independence discussion with a Scottish businessman friend last night. His response was that the Scottish are a sensible people and wouldn't do anything as daft as to risk their financial viability. His business network are doing nothing as it will be business as usual as the vote will be a no.

Sadly big business can't afford the risk - as Standard Life has proved, they need to think of their shareholders.

My company has drawn up some strategic issues to be addressed in the event of independence. Probably wasted money, but we need to be prepared."

I fully understand that and it makes sense.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Expect a For Sale sign above Port Hamilton any day now as the Wids follow Standard Life.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Looks like there will be huge problems with the banks there as 90 percent are english customers, not sure they thought it through properly."

the last sentence says it all..

decades in the wishfull thinking, about an hour in the actual planning..

some folks clearly never heard of the common reaction to when a politician says 'trust me'..

bit like the cheques in the post..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I actually think Scotland gaining independence would be great for them.

However,the people leading the march have lost the music and are at the moment playing so many different tunes,no bugger has a real clue whats going on.

They could happily go with a Scottish pound tracking Sterling,but with the idiot running the show, still hoping to find the original score,they are unfortunately for them,going to stay as they are.

Maybe with real leadership,they would have got a YES,but not with the shambles being made, by a certain person that wants his name in the history books at any cost,running the YES campaign.

in Lancashire

would imagine that in the event of a no vote, the tune will be digitally remasterd and re released..

maybe with a funky back beat..

More like "Free Nelson Mandela"

But with a bagpipe backing track

in Lancashire

"More like "Free Nelson Mandela"

But with a bagpipe backing track "

going to rewrite that old classic, there's a chip on my shoulder dear voter, dear voter..

may as well make some money off the back of this shambles..

disclaimer, any money raised will be given to a good cause..

I think it would be good for the welsh economy if Scotland leave because many businesses will transfer to wales because of cheaper rates etc.

i cant see Wales ever leaving though for a variety of reasons.

Drs x

Is the Scot lass leaving as well??

Please dont tell me the good cause is "VOTE YES for Scotlands Independence"

in Lancashire

"Please dont tell me the good cause is "VOTE YES for Scotlands Independence""

No..

its not yet decided, still in the planning stage however trust me it will be ok..

By *riskygazMan  over a year ago

birmingham

I would think the fear factor of how wrong it could all go should mean it will be a no vote, but you just never can be totally sure with these things, I don't really see just how better off they would be if they left the rest of the UK,

As I'm now an exile living in England I'm not allowed to vote

But talking to friends and relatives I get the impression that yes the guy leading the yes vote (won't mention his name) is a dick and nobody really trusts a word coming out of his mouth

But also the speeches being made by politicians and business in England and in Scotland basically saying Scotland will be better off staying part of the union, are making those that were unsure how to vote dig there heels in and say "we can do it. And "they (the English) Won't tell us what we can and can't do"

Right or wrong I'm all for a yes vote

"As I'm now an exile living in England I'm not allowed to vote

But talking to friends and relatives I get the impression that yes the guy leading the yes vote (won't mention his name) is a dick and nobody really trusts a word coming out of his mouth

But also the speeches being made by politicians and business in England and in Scotland basically saying Scotland will be better off staying part of the union, are making those that were unsure how to vote dig there heels in and say "we can do it. And "they (the English) Won't tell us what we can and can't do"

Right or wrong I'm all for a yes vote"

Will you move back if it's a yes? Otherwise how will it affect you in any way?

I won't be moving back due to family here in England

It won't affect me in any real financial sense

Only my family will really be affected/benefit

I was only expressing how I have found others reacting to the debate and the many arguments for the yes or no vote

The SNP will end up like the lib dems. A good idea in theory which will swiftly fall apart rapidly if it is ever put into practice.

The real world problems need to be addressed. Spain will never vote to allow Scotland become a member state of the EU because of the precedent it sets and their own situation in the Basque region.

The rest of Europe will not want another potential lame duck country to join the euro.

Glasgow

"The SNP will end up like the lib dems. A good idea in theory which will swiftly fall apart rapidly if it is ever put into practice.

The real world problems need to be addressed. Spain will never vote to allow Scotland become a member state of the EU because of the precedent it sets and their own situation in the Basque region.

The rest of Europe will not want another potential lame duck country to join the euro. "

There are 56 Lib Dem MPs and only 6 SNP MPs.

Your point is?

Glasgow

"Your point is?"

That the SNP will NOT end up like the Lib Dems.

They will if they end up in power

Glasgow

"They will if they end up in power"

Standard Life's two fingered gesture to Salmond has made that increasingly unlikely.

» Add a new message to this topic