FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is the Windows phone dead?

Is the Windows phone dead?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I've just read that Nokia, who's mobile phone arm is now owned by Microsoft, has produced 3 Android phone with a promise of "more to come".

OK, it's a modified verson of 4.1.2 called The Nokia X Software Platform, but it's not Windows.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have to say I'm warming to my Windows phone now they are releasing more apps for it. I now have mobile banking, waze (a free sat nav) and its really easy to use. I'm not overly bothered about loads of games on it.

I would definitely consider getting a Windows phone next year when I'm due an upgrade.

"I have to say I'm warming to my Windows phone now they are releasing more apps for it. I now have mobile banking, waze (a free sat nav) and its really easy to use. I'm not overly bothered about loads of games on it.

I would definitely consider getting a Windows phone next year when I'm due an upgrade."

I'm with you about games and loads of pointless apps, I'm seriously considering swapping to a Windows phone when I up grade, our son has one and it's really slick and easy to use

Had an earlyish Windows phone v6 and then the HTC Windows Phone 8 and got lured back to the dark world of iOS

By *rumCoupleCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

I have a Windows phone, as work are locked into Microsoft, and will only allow full access to Exchange from Microsoft devices running Microsoft products. Non MS devices have to use the web client. The lack of apps is frustrating, as I quite like the interface. It's neater than the android phone MrsJ has.

Im due to get a Windows phone from work soon. We use ms all the time hence the change from blackberry.

I think they will have a place in the work sector, but not so much in the casual use arena.

I like my Windows Phone it synched to my laptop

This is my third windows ffon and I luv it. It's so easy to synchronise everything with my laptop

I work in the mobile phone industry, to be honest windows is the most improved software on phones of the last few years, certain models running windows 6.5 were awful but since windows mobile 7 they have improved. I personally prefer android buy each to there own .

Bring back PalmOS!

I have had windows phones for many years now but iv come away from them now as android seems better for apps that make my life alot more easy yes use some apps for my job but if i didnt need a app based phone forwork id be happy with a basic phone that could make calls and txt maybe the battery would last longer

I only know one person with a Windows phone, and he isn't happy with it.

Nokia are still keeping and working with windows.

The android thing is budget range only.

By *rumCoupleCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Funniest thing is I'm going to an Expo next week - an IT thing. Microsoft are one of the exhibitors, and the conference organisers provide an app for navigating the event.

It's available for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry. But NOT Windows Phone.

Epic fail for MS there.

Well looks like nokia now know the budget thing works well

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

I have a windows phone currently running windows 8 & the latest Nokia Black update.

Personally wouldn't go back to Android as its clunky by comparison. The WP8 interface is so much easier to use and to access the apps you need, no need to scroll through pages its just there.

On the subject of apps,people say there aren't enough - never had this problem. My sports apps, weather apps, music etc all there & the Nokia apps are extremely well done.

By *hameleons69Woman  over a year ago

good ship lollipop

We don't bother, if we can ever tear ourselves away from our zx spectrum desktop (usually when the dial up connection is being a bit punchy) then we just pop to the local phone box. Failing that a few quick spins of the dial on the house telephone usually does the trick

"We don't bother, if we can ever tear ourselves away from our zx spectrum desktop (usually when the dial up connection is being a bit punchy) then we just pop to the local phone box. Failing that a few quick spins of the dial on the house telephone usually does the trick "

Zx spectrum? Talk about cutting edge - I'm still building my ZX80 home kit.

» Add a new message to this topic