FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Having children and still feel lonely!!

Having children and still feel lonely!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I try very hard to get my children to spend at least one evening with me to chat, have laugh and even dinner but they seem to have such busy social lives I never seem to fit into it anymore.

I am starting to feel they use the house as a stop gap. Is there anyone else feeling like this out there or am I on my own??

Ruby.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No you're not alone, I think when kids get to a certain age they do treat the house like a hotel. I only have mine at the weekends but my eldest only stays one night at the most and spends most of that on his phone, the youngest only stays in the living room with me because his xbox is in here!!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

How old are your children?

"I try very hard to get my children to spend at least one evening with me to chat, have laugh and even dinner but they seem to have such busy social lives I never seem to fit into it anymore.

I am starting to feel they use the house as a stop gap. Is there anyone else feeling like this out there or am I on my own??

Ruby.....

"

This is exactly what I hope my children's lives will be like when they are old enough. depending on how old your children are, I think you should find other things to occupy your time as it is inevitable that your children will grow up and have their own lives.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My son left home at 16, you got to let them spread their wings

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Feel its a natural progression! The flaps before the final fight outta the nest... Think this the same for many ... Can remember " you use this house like a hotel" being expressed to my siblings... ( not to me cos i was/am perfect!!!!! Lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

You should be happy that they have good circle of friends to go out with and be there for them when they need you. Nothing should be forced, even family time.

thats what they usualy do though one day things might be different and they might be glad of your company.

make the most of your free time as it might not be long before they are dumping their kids on you expecting you to look after them when they go to work or want to go out.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Depends on their age.

Parents need a life of their own and to be at their childrens beck and call less.

It's not just you. After years of investment and devotion it can be a shock to the system to find that you are not the centre of their universe.

They haven't had to care for anyone like a mum has.

They come back.

Then you will be beating them off with a big stick.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 28/02/14 16:55:46]

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My son is 23 on minimum wage

My first daughter is 16 with special needs, but her friends see that she is ok when she is out and about and on sleep overs

My other daughter is almost 15 and totally dependent on me as she is severely disabled non verbal.

I left home very early but times have changed now and it's very hard for the youngsters to move out!!

They'll be back when they need a babysitter

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

The only time I see my 15 yr old is when he comes out of his pit (room) searching for food.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I try very hard to get my children to spend at least one evening with me to chat, have laugh and even dinner but they seem to have such busy social lives I never seem to fit into it anymore.

Ruby.....

"

You're not alone. I don't feel lonely per se, but I miss the closeness we had. My youngest used to pop into my office for lunch, pick me up from work but since she started dating we pass as ships in the night. My other daughter just pops in to use the washer and dryer and shop in my cupboards but no conversation.

When I mentioned it they were surprised. They think because I have a boyfriend I'm okay. It's not the same, I miss my girls.

Join the club, I've been made redundant, I wash and feed .

They have their own lives as such.

But on the plus side I get more free time, speaking of which

Her

"Join the club, I've been made redundant, I wash and feed .

Her"

"Join the club, I've been made redundant, I wash and feed .

Her

"

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

my daughter is staying for weekend yet she is in one room watching tv and im in the other..but feels good just knowing she's here.she's nearly 18 and if i ask too many questions i just get a shut up dad x X X

» Add a new message to this topic