FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Medical Science

Medical Science

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Scares the Crap outta me, but it can't be all bad surely?

It has been reported that a team of 30 medics undertook an operation lasting 24 hours to perform the world's first full face transplant in Spain.

The operation was carried out on a young farmer who had accidentally shot himself in the face about 5 years ago. he'd been left unable to breathe, swallow or talk properly.

He received new facial muscles, skin, nose, lips, jaw, teeth, palate and cheekbones in the surgery and had been dependent on artificial equipment to breathe and eat since the accident in 2005.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Scares the Crap outta me, but it can't be all bad surely?

It has been reported that a team of 30 medics undertook an operation lasting 24 hours to perform the world's first full face transplant in Spain.

The operation was carried out on a young farmer who had accidentally shot himself in the face about 5 years ago. he'd been left unable to breathe, swallow or talk properly.

He received new facial muscles, skin, nose, lips, jaw, teeth, palate and cheekbones in the surgery and had been dependent on artificial equipment to breathe and eat since the accident in 2005.

"

I could do with a new Face, this one scares People

To have someone else's face seems very freaky. I wonder what the donor's family think.

Ever seen that Film "Face off" thats wots it all about ---Its quite shocking seening that Operation made me feel sick!! lol lol,,,,How can u have sum 1 else's face? Its impossible innit?,,,,sounds spooky n not very nice!!

Would nt mind having "Sir Alan Sugars" face ---"ure fired" lol

or simon cowell-----x X X clear off plz!! lol

actually, they wouldn't look like the donar as the face would be grafted to the under structure of the receiver, therefor the facial features would change.

is it home time yet?

I'd like Cheryl Cole's face for a few minutes. That would be all it would take, just a couple of minutes.

Or as take that once sang----"only takes a minute girl" lol

Im really puzzled about this one i am ,,,rite that man who shot himself in the face by mistake in america n he had the face exchange from his to a new one of "DEAD MAN" --i mean i know its not nice at all to say this----But u just think wot if that man was out shopping one day or in a restaurant etc,,,,,,,sum1 reconized him!! and said Hey! thought u was dead??----know wot i mean?? so how do u cope? how do u cope??

» Add a new message to this topic