FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > "I know I'm out of your age range but..."

"I know I'm out of your age range but..."

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ee Viante OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Assuming someone isn't filtering by age, how far outside of someone's stated age preference would you still feel it was worth a try?

Not at all? 1 year? 2? 5? 10? 20?

How do you feel about getting messages from those outside your age limits? Does it make a difference if they are younger or older? Does it make a difference if they are exactly what you are looking for otherwise?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It doesn't make a difference to me I will talk to all comers . I will nag your ear off if you let me lol

Our age range is not set in stone its just a guideline really and we will exchange messages with virtually anyone who we find interesting

Him

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Couldn't care less. I just wish the ppl that do mail me took note of the 100% strate bit. But then I suppose I am being a tad picky there

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I won't discount someone just because they are outside my age range. But I do want to see a face pic early on as generally I'm only attracted to younger looking guys. X

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

good morning ..ladies ..have you put this thread up specially for me x .... then they see beard and run away screaming

By *r Mahogany70Man  over a year ago

Leicester

"Assuming someone isn't filtering by age, how far outside of someone's stated age preference would you still feel it was worth a try?

How do you feel about getting messages from those outside your age limits? Does it make a difference if they are younger or older? Does it make a difference if they are exactly what you are looking for otherwise?"

If your dilemma is whether or not to go for the 18 year old boy I'd say don't do it.

If it's whether or not to go for the 60 year old man I'd say fill yer boots.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I won't discount someone just because they are outside my age range. But I do want to see a face pic early on as generally I'm only attracted to younger looking guys. X"

Gowd damn it lol you got that ring yet

To just talk to any age. But I would not meet even for a social anyone more that about 15 years younger

A couple of years is ok but only younger. My upper age range seems to include blokes who look about my dads age. Creeps me out these blokes, some with very few teeth, who claim to be 45 and are either well into their sixties or have had a very hard life

When people mail me, age doesn't come into it. I just review the 'whole picture' as to whether I'm interested or not. My age range is a guide, I don't have any filters on.

When I mail people it's only the ones where I fit in their age range.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

To be honest I can't even remember what my age ranges are lol I just go by my gut feeling

By *0hnnyBrav0Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

I cant remember what I put in for age ranges.

I would have put something like 18-99 so as not to discriminate. I probably have selected the whole age range like most blokes would have as we want a shag and its ladies and couples that can be selective ha ha

its not all about shagging tho. I do like the social aspect too

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

We don't get any mail

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

If I'm outside someones age range I don't bother contacting them, unless it's just chat with no meet possibility, and they never contact me either.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I am happy to chat with anyone, as my ahe limits are not set in stone.

My upper limit is 48. I had a guy who was 53 kept looking at my profile several times a day for a few days then he miraculously lost 5 years in age and contacted me. When I asked him how it was possible to lose 5 years he denied all knowledge and was adamant he was 48. Not really interested if you're going to lie, just be honest. I've had a couple of guys say they've changed their age to message, fair enough, be honest about it

Just prefer the more matured gentleman over 40 is perfect. Willing to be a 'cougar in training' but he's got to be old enough to buy me a drink.

"Our age range is not set in stone its just a guideline really and we will exchange messages with virtually anyone who we find interesting

Him"

This

I'll shag anyone, anytime, anywhere

Age is kinda important to me...for guys mainly between 30-40 and ladies 25-35. I'm possibly more picky with ladies as far as age goes.... X

I didn't mean that

Well if I was thinking with my head I would say 5 years or so either side. However going off my recent history I think I'd now need to change that to 20 years. In other words if it's the right person it doesn't matter.

The way I see it is if they can't respect your preferences they are not going to respect anything else.

"Assuming someone isn't filtering by age, how far outside of someone's stated age preference would you still feel it was worth a try?

How do you feel about getting messages from those outside your age limits? Does it make a difference if they are younger or older? Does it make a difference if they are exactly what you are looking for otherwise?

If your dilemma is whether or not to go for the 18 year old boy I'd say don't do it.

If it's whether or not to go for the 60 year old man I'd say fill yer boots. "

No dilemma, just a question. I wouldn't meet either an 18 year old or a 60 year old, personally.

My age range isn't set in stone but any younger, or more than a couple of years over, and I'm unlikely to want to meet. That's based on experience rather than any pre-conceived ideas.

I wouldn't message someone about a meet if I didn't fit their preferences, including age.

I think messaging someone when you are 10 or 15, or more, years outside their stated range is probably pointless.

My age range was originally 18-50 but have met a couple of really handsome kind gentlemen in their late 50s so I guess I'd go 10 years above my ideal age range if they look younger and I get on well with them x

my lower limit has extremely little wiggle room. the kids may be hot as hell llittle studs in training, but i really don't want to train them up in how to read a woman..... or sleep with someone who is too close in age to my eldestcchild. my upper limit has more wiggle room, for the right person.

"my lower limit has extremely little wiggle room. the kids may be hot as hell llittle studs in training, but i really don't want to train them up in how to read a woman..... or sleep with someone who is too close in age to my eldestcchild. my upper limit has more wiggle room, for the right person. "

Same here. If they're younger than my baby sis they can forget it! But if they're too close to my parent's age they can forget it too.

Ours isn't set in stone. We would and have met younger men. We'd meet older women but wouldn't meet men any older than our limit. But generally they're more of s guideline. When we set ours it made sense for Andy to make the younger age limit and for me to make the older age limit, as we're 15 years apart.

Lauz x

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

A couple to four years older and absolutely no younger x

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"I didn't mean that"

Didn't you though?

I will chat to anyone younger or older than my age range.

I'd definitely meet someone older if I was attracted to them; a younger person would need to have something really compelling about them for me to progress beyond chatting but as a rule I wouldn't go there.

I don't message anyone that is not within my age preference but those I have are older

"I didn't mean that"

We know...

While I have age filters set on here mainly to cut down the amount of messages,I've never asked the age of anyone that I've spoken to at a party or club,its all about the connection in person

"My upper limit is 48. I had a guy who was 53 kept looking at my profile several times a day for a few days then he miraculously lost 5 years in age and contacted me. When I asked him how it was possible to lose 5 years he denied all knowledge and was adamant he was 48. Not really interested if you're going to lie, just be honest. I've had a couple of guys say they've changed their age to message, fair enough, be honest about it "

I've had one of those but the other end of the scale, problem was that he really didn't look 48 more his actual age of 31

By *nigmatic1Woman  over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

"A couple of years is ok but only younger. My upper age range seems to include blokes who look about my dads age. Creeps me out these blokes, some with very few teeth, who claim to be 45 and are either well into their sixties or have had a very hard life "

I get that too...why lie about your age??

By *an and wifeyCouple  over a year ago

n lincs

We will reply to any one if they can put a couple of sentences together lol apart from abusive or one liners then we can't be bothered -dan

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"A couple of years is ok but only younger. My upper age range seems to include blokes who look about my dads age. Creeps me out these blokes, some with very few teeth, who claim to be 45 and are either well into their sixties or have had a very hard life "

"The way I see it is if they can't respect your preferences they are not going to respect anything else.

"

This, I set age range which I stick to, if I wasn't bothered about someone's age it would say 18-99, so yes, anyone outside my range will get blocked if messaging asking to meet

n lincs

Us guys don't age very well pmsl. Leslie is always put of by the men in the older couples bracket where as you ladies really carry it well xx

People miss out if they keep thinking about age amongst other factors

If two people talk and get along and they are both comfortable then why not?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've got my age range filters on so they can't contact me. Although I lowered my age range the other day

My age filters are on. I've gone over my age range recently

n lincs

It's not nessesarily age it's looks too. If some one messages and they looked as young as our kids or as old as the parents and I'm sure we are bit alone here then it's a no no for us pmsl

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

Our age preferences is a guideline, as long as the other couple are not younger than our children or older than our parents we would be happy to meet.

At the end of the day its the chemistry between the four of us that counts.

n lincs

"Our age preferences is a guideline, as long as the other couple are not younger than our children or older than our parents we would be happy to meet.

At the end of the day its the chemistry between the four of us that counts."

exactly this

The youngest I would go is 25.

There has been a few exceptions but those are hidden.

Depends how well we "click".

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It depends what is on the cards. Some 60 year olds are in good condition, but I'm not sure I'd want to take one clubbing with me.

age limits are put there for a reason.

At 52 I tend to find I am out of most ladies age range but been on the forums helps . They get to know the person and not just look at the age

Our age range is not set in stone but I wouldn't generally go for young guys in their 20s, though I have met young guys at parties etc who have been very mature. I would never meet an 18 year old.

Young men are more likely to have lots of energy and maybe repeaters. I'm not energetic and I don't want sex for hours and hours. I am also very chatty and I want to be able to talk about things in my own generation. Its so offputting when talking about music and people say things like 'I wasn't born then, Oo my mum liked them' etc.

I don't have much of an issue with older than me, probably up to about 65 ish.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"At 52 I tend to find I am out of most ladies age range but been on the forums helps . They get to know the person and not just look at the age "
pity shags then

"At 52 I tend to find I am out of most ladies age range but been on the forums helps . They get to know the person and not just look at the age pity shags then "
Yeah . But will take anything I get

By *nigmatic1Woman  over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

Nothing worse than a sympathy shag eh? Hahahah

I dont see why people have an issue with age at all. It should be down to mutual attraction, not a number, plus not everybody looks their age, so why discredit somebody because of it?!?

As long as the personalities click and there's attraction whats age. Keeping things legal of course

"Nothing worse than a sympathy shag eh? Hahahah "
Don't knock it

We're flexible, it's a guide for us like most things. We get quite a few where neither are in each others age range.

We always message back pointing that out just to check, nicely and with humour of course!

Sometimes we hear back, sometimes we don't.

I don't think we'd approach anybody if we clearly don't fit there preference.

We know from experience that a lot of ages stated on profiles are 'adjusted' so it really doesn't matter but we would never make initial contact with someone if we are outside their chosen age range. However, they sometimes contact us! which does seem to be a contradiction.

I have filters on place simply because of my location. There aren't many women on Fab within a 30 mile radius from here so I was getting messages from all ages. Just putting an age range on my profile made no difference.

"At 52 I tend to find I am out of most ladies age range but been on the forums helps . They get to know the person and not just look at the age "

exactly. setting you in the forums made me adjust my age range to contact you

That's almost how we first got in touch so he obviously didn't mind lowering his age limit

Lucky me!

As for my preferences, probably 30-50 but would give 5 years each way just in case I'm missing out on a bit of perving

JN

"At 52 I tend to find I am out of most ladies age range but been on the forums helps . They get to know the person and not just look at the age

exactly. setting you in the forums made me adjust my age range to contact you "

And after yesterday I am glad you did

"At 52 I tend to find I am out of most ladies age range but been on the forums helps . They get to know the person and not just look at the age

exactly. setting you in the forums made me adjust my age range to contact you And after yesterday I am glad you did "

"That's almost how we first got in touch so he obviously didn't mind lowering his age limit

Lucky me!

As for my preferences, probably 30-50 but would give 5 years each way just in case I'm missing out on a bit of perving

JN"

Well he looks 50 so it's all good.

(Don't tell him I said that!) x

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We always check if we fit the age range (amongst other things) of anyone we are interested in. No we wouldn't contact them even if its only a year or two.

We currently have our filters on as we were getting far too messages from those well outside our preferred age range.

"That's almost how we first got in touch so he obviously didn't mind lowering his age limit

Lucky me!

JN

Well he looks 50 so it's all good.

(Don't tell him I said that!) x"

Certainly glad he doesn't act 50, at least

I have age filters on to reduce the amount of messages I receive.

it's only a guideline which is why I will message people either side of my age preference if they catch my eye.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Not at all.

"People miss out if they keep thinking about age amongst other factors

If two people talk and get along and they are both comfortable then why not? "

The clue is in the word both; I've been chatting to a 23 yr old because of something he had on his profile, the problem is that whilst I've no objection to talking to anyone irrespective of age, I've no interest in anyone outside my age range so now he's trying it on I've read his last message but not responded; he may be comfortable with someone 30 yrs older than him but I'm not comfortable with someone 30 yrs younger than me

"I dont see why people have an issue with age at all. It should be down to mutual attraction, not a number, plus not everybody looks their age, so why discredit somebody because of it?!?"

Age comes under mutual attraction and therefore a preference. You must have preferences, why can't we

The clue is in the word both; I've been chatting to a 23 yr old because of something he had on his profile, the problem is that whilst I've no objection to talking to anyone irrespective of age, I've no interest in anyone outside my age range so now he's trying it on I've read his last message but not responded; he may be comfortable with someone 30 yrs older than him but I'm not comfortable with someone 30 yrs younger than me"

My sentiments exactly x I talk to all ages but when it comes to sex someone below a certain age or young enough to b my child I can't bring myself to x is that just mum thing I wonder.....

"I didn't mean that"

Liar ;-p

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

flexible on age range ...in fact on our way to meet a guy over our age range now !

Your out of my range and you smoke mmmmmmmm both big filters for me....but your still coming down on your hols lol

It has to be your charm and magnetism xxx

I don't mind people being too out of our age range. But some people can be twenty or more years out. I don't care how big your cock is or what a great shag you are as you say. It is a specific look that I go for. We both have to fancy each other. It's not fair if you fancy me but I don't fancy you.

"I have age filters on to reduce the amount of messages I receive.

it's only a guideline which is why I will message people either side of my age preference if they catch my eye."

My filters are on but that's only because I have had so many messages since rejoining but I do tend to meet my age or over but if I really liked someone I wouldn't rule them out things are not set in stone

Considering you have the ability to block anyone outside your age range, blabbering on about these people pissing you off is about as useful as shit repellent toilet paper. If it was really out of the question, you'd have blocked them rather than been a rude bastard to them!

How do you feel about getting messages from those outside your age limits? Does it make a difference if they are younger or older? Does it make a difference if they are exactly what you are looking for otherwise?"

If it bothered me I would have my filters on. If it bothered me and I got messages and hadn't my filters on I would be an imbecile. Personally It doesn't bother me it just tells me someone isn't good at absorbing information.

"

If it bothered me I would have my filters on. If it bothered me and I got messages and hadn't my filters on I would be an imbecile. Personally It doesn't bother me it just tells me someone isn't good at absorbing information. "

It's not even about absorbing information. If you say no-one under 35 for instance and yet your inbox is open to all age ranges, it connotes that you might be willing to make an exception.

Until you get the point across by simply deleting the message, silence only grants permission to try!

I'd say maybe 5 years... I don't mind receiving messages from either older or younger folk. But I'm really only interested in the social side of fab at the moment.

If it bothered me I would have my filters on. If it bothered me and I got messages and hadn't my filters on I would be an imbecile. Personally It doesn't bother me it just tells me someone isn't good at absorbing information. "

The only possible reason anyone would allow anyone outside their age range to message them is that they might decide they want to fuck them? You can't, honestly, think of any other reason?

"Considering you have the ability to block anyone outside your age range, blabbering on about these people pissing you off is about as useful as shit repellent toilet paper. If it was really out of the question, you'd have blocked them rather than been a rude bastard to them! "

The question relates to both the readers attitude to messaging other people as well as to their attitude to being messaged. But thank you for the constructive and informative post.

I have gone younger and older than my age range just those few people who have caught my attention outside of this were so lovely I could not help myself

The clue is in the word both; I've been chatting to a 23 yr old because of something he had on his profile, the problem is that whilst I've no objection to talking to anyone irrespective of age, I've no interest in anyone outside my age range so now he's trying it on I've read his last message but not responded; he may be comfortable with someone 30 yrs older than him but I'm not comfortable with someone 30 yrs younger than me"

"Couldn't care less. I just wish the ppl that do mail me took note of the 100% strate bit. But then I suppose I am being a tad picky there "

The age range is just a rough guide to our preferences, we will make the occasional exception, however it's basically saying we don't want anyone old enough to be our parents/grandparents

My age range is just a guide

and the lower age will probably go up as i age myself

With me being a young man, I almost automatically count myself out when browsing an older lady/couples profile. Most annoying thing is that's what I'd love the most in all honesty. I don't know what it is about an older more experienced partner that just sends me crazy haha

My age range is set at 25-30 at the moment but I'll fuck a fit 60 yr old

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

mine is just a rough guide and not set in stone

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

"My age range is set at 25-30 at the moment but I'll fuck a fit 60 yr old "

looks like I'll have to keep up my running for another 10 years then

Gravesend

women my age looking for ten year younger males does seem a little insulting to me .. they can choose who they like of course but i do feel written off .. i can only assume they have a very shallow outlook and i wouldnt like to meet them anyway

"My age range is set at 25-30 at the moment but I'll fuck a fit 60 yr old

looks like I'll have to keep up my running for another 10 years then "

as long as you don't keel over in top of me I'm happy to meet older men

"I dont see why people have an issue with age at all. It should be down to mutual attraction, not a number, plus not everybody looks their age, so why discredit somebody because of it?!?"

Men younger than 25 don't have the maturity or experience. Sorry! Men older than 45 are unattractive to me. That's why I choose to meet within my stated age range.

Men younger than 25 don't have the maturity or experience. Sorry! Men older than 45 are unattractive to me. That's why I choose to meet within my stated age range. (Quote)

Your right there love, that's where I come in too it. I'm 23 and lack experience which is why I'd love a more experienced lady too show me how it goes haha

Gravesend

... and then ... the preference for bbc ... and why a five foot three or shorter woman needs a six foot tall guy is also a mystery

Ah yes, they also will be black and a minimum of 5'11" how did I miss that out?!

Oh right this isn't my profile this is the forum.

Fact is, I have no desire to train a boy to become a man. I want my man ready to go!

"women my age looking for ten year younger males does seem a little insulting to me .. they can choose who they like of course but i do feel written off .. i can only assume they have a very shallow outlook and i wouldnt like to meet them anyway"

I am 37 but look younger, Most women my age or older ignore me, But not all people judge a person on there looks alone and i feel i have to tell younger women straight away that am a lot older then them

I always think stating an age range can mean you miss out on a really good time

How I see it is if you aren't getting what you want from here, and it's making you miserable, then leave to find a happy place. I fuck whoever takes my fancy at the time of asking. One week I might find a young 6ft2 rugby player attractive. Next week it might be an older, 5ft5 navy officer. I have the luxury of not having types

"I always think stating an age range can mean you miss out on a really good time "

The problem,if you don't have an age range on here is the amount of messages you get. I change my age ranges now and then

"I always think stating an age range can mean you miss out on a really good time "

I don't want to shag 18 year olds or people the same age as my parents. I don't care how nice they are or how good in bed.

How can I be missing out by not doing something I don't want to do?

Those who have filters can miss out on the dream fuck of their lifes, many miss out as I am to young to lol.

[Removed by poster at 30/03/14 13:59:13]

"I always think stating an age range can mean you miss out on a really good time

I don't want to shag 18 year olds or people the same age as my parents. I don't care how nice they are or how good in bed.

How can I be missing out by not doing something I don't want to do?"

You're missing out on shagging anyone that asks

"I always think stating an age range can mean you miss out on a really good time

You're missing out on shagging anyone that asks"

I'd have to fit a revolving door.

You're missing out on shagging anyone that asks

I'd have to fit a revolving door."

There's a sale on at B&Q...

Oh gawd!! I'm older looking and many are looking for younger looking guys. Oh crap! Lol

•••CLICHE WARNING•••CLICHE WARNING••• age is just a number.You were warned.

"At 52 I tend to find I am out of most ladies age range but been on the forums helps . They get to know the person and not just look at the age pity shags then Yeah . But will take anything I get "

I wouldn't pity shag you.

Wouldn't go younger, looking for experienced doms so guys in their 20's arn't going to do it for me.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Take age limits as what they state as to mine i would consider them flexible

More a guideline then a preference. I'm flexible with chatting to women within the 'limit' I've set, but it depends if the other person would be comfortable with meeting someone of my age.

In person, I usually get on with women older than me, just as much as women who are the same age as me as well.

How can I be missing out by not doing something I don't want to do?"

Absolutely

» Add a new message to this topic