FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > juice plus diet

juice plus diet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok, so ive just been and bought enough fruit and veg to feed an army in preparation for starting this crazy juice plus diet.

five juices a day and nothing more, in the hope of losing 7lb in 7 days.

anyone done it? Any tips?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

why would you do that?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Yes my tips are don't do it

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

bet it makes you fart

Stay close to the loo!!

"why would you do that? "

my boss has done it for eight weeks and lost 23lb.

i need to try something drastic to motivate me to lose some weight.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Sounds drastic but I can't see if being harmful for a short time - good luck and let us know how you get on as I might try that myself! Z

It isn't long term sustainable in my view, but good luck with it, hope you prove me wrong

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"why would you do that? "

"in the hope of losing 7lb in 7 days" at a guess

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

might be good for a short term fx but for long term sustaiability i cant see it working, you would never be able to go out without planing it around ahving a juice, no nice meals out wih friends or family etc.

I did watch a programme about a guy that did it for his health which as amazing. he did start to reintroduce food after a while but he ate a macrobiotic diet afterwards. he also went on a massive exercise kick so it was hard to tell if the diet was solely attributed to his success in reducing his meds etc.

all i say is good luck but listen to your body and stop if it doesnt work for you.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm now thinking of the P Kaye routine, where he talks about women at slimming clubs: 'She lost 18lb in a day!'

Its only designed to be done for 1-3 weeks then you introduce other stuff.

ill let you know how i get on, if ive not died of starvation or wasted away

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Don't do it ..!

Not all of the weight you will loose will be fat some will be muscle some water and frighteningly some bone !!!

You won't have the energy to excercise or even enough carbohydrate to think correctly

Put bluntly cutting off an arm would loose weight but would you consider that ?

Eat balanced .eat regularly eat unprocessed, excercise gently and regularly

Until you know your body intimately know exactly what you're doing the fad you suggest is foolish

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have 2 words fuck that....as soon as you eat normally it will go back on....fad diets really are not good for your body....

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"You won't have the energy to excercise or even enough carbohydrate to think correctly"

This is not to say I support the concept but... fruit juices contain a lot of carbohydrate, certainly enough to maintain brain function, I would think? Vegetable juices would also contain carbs, the amount depending on which veg are used. I don't understand why you think the diet wouldn't provide adequate carbs?

Fruit juices contain a lot of sugar and are high in calories. It seems a strange concept for a diet to me but I'm only going on the sketchy details given so far.

"Its only designed to be done for 1-3 weeks then you introduce other stuff.

ill let you know how i get on, if ive not died of starvation or wasted away"

It's an insane amount of sugar to be eating each day you'll be spiking and crashing all over.

Oh and when you stop it will all come back on ad you'll go back to your normal diet which maintains your current weight unless you reduce that as well you just come back to the same or bigger size

Oh and the people who mentioned water weight are right this diet mostly just dehydrates you. Easy way to lose a lot of pounds quickly hence why fighters dehydrate to make categories

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"You won't have the energy to excercise or even enough carbohydrate to think correctly

This is not to say I support the concept but... fruit juices contain a lot of carbohydrate, certainly enough to maintain brain function, I would think? Vegetable juices would also contain carbs, the amount depending on which veg are used. I don't understand why you think the diet wouldn't provide adequate carbs?

Fruit juices contain a lot of sugar and are high in calories. It seems a strange concept for a diet to me but I'm only going on the sketchy details given so far."

I second that. I've eaten less than 30g of carbs a day (none from fruit, most from vegetables and dairy) for almost six years; I'll be entering my seventh in June. I'm eight stones lighter, with a perfect blood lipid profile and blood sugar and with the alertness of mind that I didn't even have in my twenties and I'm certainly not lacking in energy!

Google 'gluconeogenesis'.

I think that I need some more info on this diet as I've just started training again and need to lose atleast 2 stone if I want to play rugby again. Please tell me

Buggar doing a faddy diet, eating clean and exercising, will keep it off long term, fad diets are never good for you.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Avoid beetroot juice. It's disgusting.

Bolton

"Avoid beetroot juice. It's disgusting."

it's supposed to be really good for you tho - beetroot in general. Z ps does it make your wee purple? Z

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

i dont do it but some health freaks live off a totally juiced diet so its no exactly a fad diet.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"I think that I need some more info on this diet as I've just started training again and need to lose atleast 2 stone if I want to play rugby again. Please tell me "

You will lose loads of lean body mass, totally unsuitable if you want to play rugby.

Eat at a deficit, lift, get some cardio in. It'll happen and you wont end up weak.

avoid this diet. you will loose the weight, get sick of the fad diet and put the weight back on. it will also make you unhappy.

better option is to learn about goot nutrition from independent nutritionists and loose the weight gradually. you will never be hungry, you wont feel bad and will look great.

thats my two cents anyway.

good luck in what every you do.

Is it the Jason Vale one? That's what I'm on. Did the intensive one a month or so ago and lost 9lbs the first week. I now juice through the day and eat a sensible meal in the evening and I'm losing 2-3lbs a week. I feel fantastic, I have loads of energy (& I exercise regularly and feel better doing it now than before when I ate 3 meals a day). I was worried about the amount of sugar as I have a family history of diabetes but if you follow the menu in the book, most have a lot of veg in not just fruit. I've been monitoring my glucose and it's more stable than it has ever been.

It's not a miracle cure and might not suit everyone but it's definitely working for me.

rapidly causing your body to lose weight such as this is totally dangerous and is effectively the same as bulimia as you are going to be purging your body. Which will give you hellish skin, bad hair, brittle nails but can also damage internal organs if you do it over time. If you want to lose weight, its easy.

stop eating so much. Eat healthier and exercise more. Thats the only way to lose weight and keep it off

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

You'll be fine, no harm in trying it for a couple weeks.

Certain diets work for some and not others you wont know until you try.

adding lots of veg and fruit into your body instead of high saturated fats like margerine buttet choclate etc and bad bloating carbs with gluten like bread (assuming you are eating these types of things). Will do you good, see it as a detox.

as a vegatarian that works out a lot... my diet consists of lots of veg and fruit too with my protein coming from nuts, protein shakes, amino acids, tuna and egg whites.

I say give it a try... people do a lot worse to their bodys via drinking, smoking, drugs, so having a two week chsnge of diet consisting of fruit and veg will do you no harm.

good luck miss.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"avoid this diet. you will loose the weight, get sick of the fad diet and put the weight back on. it will also make you unhappy.

better option is to learn about goot nutrition from independent nutritionists and loose the weight gradually. you will never be hungry, you wont feel bad and will look great.

thats my two cents anyway.

good luck in what every you do. "

"You'll be fine, no harm in trying it for a couple weeks.

adding lots of veg and fruit into your body instead of high saturated fats like margerine buttet choclate etc and bad bloating carbs with gluten like bread (assuming you are eating these types of things). Will do you good, see it as a detox.

as a vegatarian that works out a lot... my diet consists of lots of veg and fruit too with my protein coming from nuts, protein shakes, amino acids, tuna and egg whites.

I say give it a try... people do a lot worse to their bodys via drinking, smoking, drugs, so having a two week chsnge of diet consisting of fruit and veg will do you no harm.

good luck miss. "

this!!! I can only continue with healthy eating if I see a big weightloss to start with. That's what gets me going. Every one knows these diets aren't meant for the long term. They are the kick start that u need. Good luck op. .. Might try this next. Xx

food replacement diets are a quick result game, yeah ok it gets that weight you don't want off but not in the correct way.

If you want to shed weight, and keep it off, the only real way is to eat clean and exercise regular. I have lost over 3 and 1/2 stone (this is chris btw) and kept it off by going to slimming world and circuit classes 3 days a week.

They re educated my eating habits and allowed me to make my own choices on the right foods that work for me

Good luck

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I've lost 5 stone and lost another stone recently...I drink and smoke but I eat regularly and healthily and walk 3 miles a day...

Bolton

"I've lost 5 stone and lost another stone recently...I drink and smoke but I eat regularly and healthily and walk 3 miles a day... "

That's fantastic and well done - the best way to do it is what you've done - sometimes you need a kick start though to give you a bit of confidence to start off then do it sensibly. Z

liverpool

"I've lost 5 stone and lost another stone recently...I drink and smoke but I eat regularly and healthily and walk 3 miles a day... "

well done miss cheeky chops

Bolton

"I've lost 5 stone and lost another stone recently...I drink and smoke but I eat regularly and healthily and walk 3 miles a day...

well done miss cheeky chops "

wit woo! how childish but i couldn't help myself! Z

liverpool

"I've lost 5 stone and lost another stone recently...I drink and smoke but I eat regularly and healthily and walk 3 miles a day...

wit woo! how childish but i couldn't help myself! Z"

why thank you

Bolton

wit woo! how childish but i couldn't help myself! Z

why thank you "

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

In my office there is 1 woman on the SlimFast diet, 1 on Herbalife, 1 on the fruit only diet, and me on a 'eat sensibly and exercise' diet. Special prize if you guess which one of us has lost 3 dress sizes in 6 months and is keeping it off.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Avoid beetroot juice. It's disgusting.

it's supposed to be really good for you tho - beetroot in general. Z ps does it make your wee purple? Z"

I dunno. I couldn't actually bring myself to swallow the first sip.

It gets rave reviews but I think there's a lot of masochists out there.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Buy plenty of toilet roll.

"In my office there is 1 woman on the SlimFast diet, 1 on Herbalife, 1 on the fruit only diet, and me on a 'eat sensibly and exercise' diet. Special prize if you guess which one of us has lost 3 dress sizes in 6 months and is keeping it off."

Im doing the herbalife shakes and doing really well with them. I have a shake in the morning, that coupled with regular excersise and healthy eating is doing me the world of good. But then again what works for me wont work for everyone

By *ing and RideCouple  over a year ago

stockport

Like everyone has said before me. My mate lost just recently 2.5 stone over 4 months. Sensible eating ans exercise but funny enough not much cardio other than the bike. Mainly controlled weights....seriously changed her shape big time. I going to do it coz she looks great.

"Is it the Jason Vale one? That's what I'm on. Did the intensive one a month or so ago and lost 9lbs the first week. I now juice through the day and eat a sensible meal in the evening and I'm losing 2-3lbs a week. I feel fantastic, I have loads of energy (& I exercise regularly and feel better doing it now than before when I ate 3 meals a day). I was worried about the amount of sugar as I have a family history of diabetes but if you follow the menu in the book, most have a lot of veg in not just fruit. I've been monitoring my glucose and it's more stable than it has ever been.

It's not a miracle cure and might not suit everyone but it's definitely working for me."

yes that's the one. Thank you

By *atinbootsTV/TS  over a year ago

Market Rasen

"I'm now thinking of the P Kaye routine, where he talks about women at slimming clubs: 'She lost 18lb in a day!'"

I find if very amusing that banshee_89 posted immediately after your post, Tina... And where does she come from? That's right, Chorley. Home of Chorley FM, "coming in your ears"

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I lost a stone in about 6 weeks by going mostly vegan and low carb. It's sustainable, filling and has lots of variety, especially if you include quorn.

I eat huge plates of food, lots of beans and pulses and have lost the weight without doing any exercise!

"You'll be fine, no harm in trying it for a couple weeks.

good luck miss.

this!!! I can only continue with healthy eating if I see a big weightloss to start with. That's what gets me going. Every one knows these diets aren't meant for the long term. They are the kick start that u need. Good luck op. .. Might try this next. Xx"

Losing 7lb in a week is easy. It's just water and your glycogen stores, not fat.

But the mental and physical boost you'll get is worth it. Great as a detox and the start of a new eating plan. Good luck.

"as soon as you eat normally it will go back on....fad diets really are not good for your body...."

^^

» Add a new message to this topic