FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Purity Balls .

Purity Balls .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Purity balls... it's a special ceremony where a girl pledges to remain 'pure' until her wedding day. In doing so, she 'gifts her virginity' to her father until marriage . I was reading about this and they do this in the USA.. I think its a little sad in this day and age to do something like this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

They do it in 17 other countries too.

"They do it in 17 other countries too."
Well its the first time I have seen this.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"They do it in 17 other countries too. Well its the first time I have seen this."
Its been going since the 1980s I think.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

they do something similar like this in ireland. Being a Pioneer. hmmmm

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Hmmm, gifting virginity to Daddy could mean something different in more rural areas...

Only the girls do it?

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Over here I've come across 'technical virgins' when I was at Uni. These were girls who only had the tradesman's open for business, as the front door was locked shut until marriage.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Only the girls do it? "
Boys get "Manhood Cermonies"

"Hmmm, gifting virginity to Daddy could mean something different in more rural areas..."

The term is hideous, that's exactly the way I interpreted it. Yuk yuk yuk.

"Purity balls... it's a special ceremony where a girl pledges to remain 'pure' until her wedding day. In doing so, she 'gifts her virginity' to her father until marriage . I was reading about this and they do this in the USA.. I think its a little sad in this day and age to do something like this."

Why is it sad? It's their life

"Over here I've come across 'technical virgins' when I was at Uni. These were girls who only had the tradesman's open for business, as the front door was locked shut until marriage. "

Both doors are locked shut after marriage.

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

"Purity balls... it's a special ceremony where a girl pledges to remain 'pure' until her wedding day. In doing so, she 'gifts her virginity' to her father until marriage . I was reading about this and they do this in the USA.. I think its a little sad in this day and age to do something like this."

Sad, creepy and weird!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I love these non judgemental folk...

"I love these non judgemental folk... "

I have the wig, cloak and mallet.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I love these non judgemental folk...

I have the wig, cloak and mallet. "

I suspect you are not the only one...

I think it makes a refreshing change for teenagers to cherish their virginity and want to save it until marriage

Its rather sweet

Hah, I was envisioning some kind of spherical object until I Google'd it.

If I ever have a daughter I shall be holding these event for her.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I don't think it's sad to decide to remain a virgin until marriage but not sure why there needs to be a ceremony/party...it sounds a tad controlling to me

Purity is overrated.

I just think each to their own, I would never do it as I don't actually believe in marriage but hey if someone wants to wait until they are married then that is their choice

Gifting your virginity to your father......

That line made my flesh creep.

However, I do know plenty of 'normal' couples who've only ever had 1 partner and of course some who waited until marriage on religious grounds.

Sexual compatibility presumably is a total lottery unless you can do everything but have intercourse.

I never disclose how many partners I've had in these chats for fear of being run out of town like Conor McLeod.

"I just think each to their own, I would never do it as I don't actually believe in marriage but hey if someone wants to wait until they are married then that is their choice "

My balls are pure...

"I just think each to their own, I would never do it as I don't actually believe in marriage but hey if someone wants to wait until they are married then that is their choice

My balls are pure... "

Bet they arn't

What's the need to gift it?

...if i was to gift mine then i'd do it like a Greek wedding and have them pin dosh all over me. With that i'd buy a proper sturdy IKEA bed and ge this virginity out of my system!

Each cultural norms to themselves of course but they could have phrased it a bit better.

"I just think each to their own, I would never do it as I don't actually believe in marriage but hey if someone wants to wait until they are married then that is their choice

My balls are pure... .

Bet they arn't "

I bet you £10 whole real pounds...

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"I think it makes a refreshing change for teenagers to cherish their virginity and want to save it until marriage

Its rather sweet"

It is....

But I want to know who decides that the daughter attend this ball??

If its her....good on her!

But if the father/mother decide for her...No, dont agree with that...

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Is it a bit like gift aid? Can you write it off as tax deductible at the end of the financial year?

Change "purity" to "puritanical" and you get closer to the truth of this.

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS  over a year ago

Epsom

"Purity is overrated. "

Accept the darkness B)

Sex should be behind closed doors, private.

Public declarations of chastity/ virginity are too freakish for me.

Ms Prude.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"I think it makes a refreshing change for teenagers to cherish their virginity and want to save it until marriage

Its rather sweet"

I disagree - sexual compatability is a big factor in a marriage and I would view waiting until the contract is signed as irresponsible to say the least.

Its rather sweet

It is....

But I want to know who decides that the daughter attend this ball??

If its her....good on her!

But if the father/mother decide for her...No, dont agree with that..."

I may have naively assumed the daughter decided,if its not then I don't agree either

On a side note. Have you heard of places where some newly married couples have to present their bed sheets to the mother in law as proof that he married a 'pure' wife? They should just make use of the tomato ketchup she stocks up for her Sunday lunch!

It's a bit weird all that for my liking. The girls can't get away with anything but the guy could be a right 'slag' but he'd still be seen as pure as crystal!!

...poor girls. Bit unfair isn't it?

"On a side note. Have you heard of places where some newly married couples have to present their bed sheets to the mother in law as proof that he married a 'pure' wife? They should just make use of the tomato ketchup she stocks up for her Sunday lunch!

It's a bit weird all that for my liking. The girls can't get away with anything but the guy could be a right 'slag' but he'd still be seen as pure as crystal!!

...poor girls. Bit unfair isn't it?

"

Nah, they get boobs and we don't so there needs to be some kind of trade off.

"Purity balls... it's a special ceremony where a girl pledges to remain 'pure' until her wedding day. In doing so, she 'gifts her virginity' to her father until marriage . I was reading about this and they do this in the USA.. I think its a little sad in this day and age to do something like this.

Why is it sad? It's their life "

I find it very sad as there choice is taken away .

"I don't think it's sad to decide to remain a virgin until marriage but not sure why there needs to be a ceremony/party...it sounds a tad controlling to me"
Why the need to give it to your father . Its the persons choice and if they feel like that no need to give it to there father .They should be true to themselves not others people not even there father .

By *otTheReal01Man  over a year ago

London

I prefer the "try before you buy" option.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

After reading about it, I don't think there is anything wrong in wanting to save yourself for someone special, but I think this sounds like a control thing by the parent and if I am honest, a bit creepy.

The whole betrothing in a special dress and then having the first dance with the father makes me feel really uncomfortable.

"After reading about it, I don't think there is anything wrong in wanting to save yourself for someone special, but I think this sounds like a control thing by the parent and if I am honest, a bit creepy.

The whole betrothing in a special dress and then having the first dance with the father makes me feel really uncomfortable."

yes I found it very creepy too ........ and there father is seen as the holder until married .

"Only the girls do it? Boys get "Manhood Cermonies""

I suppose that's where they flop them out and compare length ?

a couple of things.

a) while this current design is newer, as someone who hgrew up on the 'bible belt' i can assure you that pledges of purity until marriage in some form or another are by no means uncommon in parts of the u.s.

b) often in this type of pledge the father is the recepient because of his position not only as caretaker of his children, but as spiritual head of the household.

c) often the children do it because of the pressure of family or friends within a given church. that type of peer pressure and ideal of 'respectability' are difficult to fight as they often aren't seen as pressure, but rather embracing your chosen religion and honoringyourself and your parents rresponsibility within the church and society in general. mostly, these girls will willingly embrace these pledges..... at least until the hormones get pumping too hard. some will follow through until marriage, others will decide not to wait.

d) many young men likewise sign up to these types of pledges, and for similar reasons. fewer follow through until marriage, though there are some that do. there is still an attitude, to am extent, though of 'boys will be boys' and I've personally heard girls who said that while they want to give their virginity to their husband they want a man who is sexually experienced and knows how to make their first time 'worth the wait'

just food for thought.

» Add a new message to this topic