FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Joey Barton on Question Time

Joey Barton on Question Time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Priceless! What is the saying, if everyone thinks you are a twat, why open your mouth and confirm it!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Priceless! What is the saying, if everyone thinks you are a twat, why open your mouth and confirm it!"

thankfully didn't see it but already know he is one

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

He was coherent and surely no worse than smug Piers Morgan & certainly has UKIP sussed.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"He was coherent and surely no worse than smug Piers Morgan & certainly has UKIP sussed."

He slipped up at the outset of the programme by making a dubiously sexist remark/analogy that could be seized on by others and used to discredit him.

After that he improved and showed the promise to think and challenge.

Every twat has room to improve. The lad reads Nietszche - he's not polished but he is self educating.

Who here has been invited to speak on question time ?

"

...Who here has been invited to speak on question time ?"

I cant even get in the audience with my sexist, misogynistic and anti BBC (not Big Black Cock) views.

I didn't like the gobby UKIP woman. Just way too shouty and tried to talk over everyone.

I had to switch the telly off b4 I needed to buy a new one.

King's Crustacean

"I didn't like the gobby UKIP woman. Just way too shouty and tried to talk over everyone.

I had to switch the telly off b4 I needed to buy a new one."

Remember to watch it with the sound down and the pictures off and you'll be fine.

King's Crustacean

"

...Who here has been invited to speak on question time ?

I cant even get in the audience with my sexist, misogynistic and anti BBC (not Big Black Cock) views.

"

Shhhhhhhh don't let those out till you get air time .....silly.

"I didn't like the gobby UKIP woman. Just way too shouty and tried to talk over everyone.

I had to switch the telly off b4 I needed to buy a new one."

When she replied to Barton's opening statement I genuinely thought she was going to say that he had proved all footballers brains were in their dicks, but I think she bottled it at the last second and replaced legs for dicks. Would have been a memorable come back. Maybe not the finest moment Question Time has had.

"He was coherent and surely no worse than smug Piers Morgan & certainly has UKIP sussed.

He slipped up at the outset of the programme by making a dubiously sexist remark/analogy that could be seized on by others and used to discredit him.

After that he improved and showed the promise to think and challenge.

Every twat has room to improve. The lad reads Nietszche - he's not polished but he is self educating.

Who here has been invited to speak on question time ?"

Me, oh wait no.. That was Jeremy kyle.

Stafford

Better to include non politicians otherwise it becomes dull. Most of us under that spotlight would be liable to a slipup. Some love to hate Joey and he has a track record to justify that. Me I love to hate Piers and he didn't disappoint me

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

"

"

Perhaps the future is to apply as a panellist. Apparently, being a sexist thug, with a history of violence and time served on that basis makes you a shoe in. Barton's a jumped up, opinionated, ill informed and pretentiously trying to be intelligent, which he isn't, dickhead.

King's Crustacean

When she replied to Barton's opening statement I genuinely thought she was going to say that he had proved all footballers brains were in their dicks, but I think she bottled it at the last second and replaced legs for dicks. Would have been a memorable come back. Maybe not the finest moment Question Time has had."

If she had said his brain was in his dick she'd have been even cheaper than he was.

It wasn't bottled it was handled professionally.

He could have used any analogy or even told them straight what poor politicians they were but he showed his modus operandi by using 'ugly women' as a comparison. Vile misogyny.

King's Crustacean

"

Perhaps the future is to apply as a panellist. Apparently, being a sexist thug, with a history of violence and time served on that basis makes you a shoe in. Barton's a jumped up, opinionated, ill informed and pretentiously trying to be intelligent, which he isn't, dickhead. "

I once stole chewies from woolies and pissed under the canal bridge.

I never tell anyone. The girl that did it went away - sadly.

Think I might go piss under the bridge later.

"

Perhaps the future is to apply as a panellist. Apparently, being a sexist thug, with a history of violence and time served on that basis makes you a shoe in. Barton's a jumped up, opinionated, ill informed and pretentiously trying to be intelligent, which he isn't, dickhead.

I once stole chewies from woolies and pissed under the canal bridge.

I never tell anyone. The girl that did it went away - sadly.

Think I might go piss under the bridge later."

With surrealist posts like that I think they should get you on QT asap!

Stafford

When she replied to Barton's opening statement I genuinely thought she was going to say that he had proved all footballers brains were in their dicks, but I think she bottled it at the last second and replaced legs for dicks. Would have been a memorable come back. Maybe not the finest moment Question Time has had.

If she had said his brain was in his dick she'd have been even cheaper than he was.

He could have used any analogy or even told them straight what poor politicians they were but he showed his modus operandi by using 'ugly women' as a comparison. Vile misogyny. "

if that is vile god knows what to think about what else I have heard about "birds" from bloke banter in the past. Having the balls to challenge it as a bloke is not always easy. I do accept the point about a violent past daresay the show know a reaction to a panelist is better than none at all

He could have used any analogy or even told them straight what poor politicians they were but he showed his modus operandi by using 'ugly women' as a comparison. Vile misogyny.

if that is vile god knows what to think about what else I have heard about "birds" from bloke banter in the past. Having the balls to challenge it as a bloke is not always easy. I do accept the point about a violent past daresay the show know a reaction to a panelist is better than none at all "

I think QT is a better programme for bringing in people from different areas so it isn't only the same rubbish from professional politicians. Unfortunately Barton didn't realise he wasn't in the pub with his mates and made a twat of himself the first time he opened his mouth. Had it not been for that I suspect the reaction might have been that he did ok.

"

Shhhhhhhh don't let those out till you get air time .....silly."

Damn And Blast It!

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Joey is just a fud

Morgan is a cunt

Joey not a bad footie player

By *he WolfsterMan  over a year ago

Swansea

JB was only saying that UKIP were the pick of the worst.

His analogy may have offended some.

I wonder how many of judge women by looks, men and women alike?

His analogy set him up for an early fall, apart from that he did much better than I expected of him.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't see that he said that much wrong at all, apart from if he'd framed his comment as personal, such as if 'I'd got to choose between 4 of the less attractive girls...', then it would have been solely appropriate to his tastes.

Ukip make me reach for a shotgun everytime they're on QT - they have had unprecedented appearances on there, compared to other parties.

Joey Barton is a legend - I am no football expert - but for someone who's been written off as stupid, he comes across as actually much brighter than most would imagine or credit him for. Absolute accolade to the guy for stepping onto a platform that is hard for the best of them. Look at how badly the BNP did when they were on, and that was an experienced politician. Far and away above the average guy in the street's ability to cover the random political and other subjects that were to be discussed.

"Priceless! What is the saying, if everyone thinks you are a twat, why open your mouth and confirm it!"

Did you even watch it?

I loathe Barton but he had the balls to appear / pardon the pub.

I'd rather vote for Joey than anything UKIP stand for.

"Priceless! What is the saying, if everyone thinks you are a twat, why open your mouth and confirm it!

Did you even watch it?

I loathe Barton but he had the balls to appear / pardon the pub.

I'd rather vote for Joey than anything UKIP stand for.

"

Pun*

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I don't see that he said that much wrong at all, apart from if he'd framed his comment as personal, such as if 'I'd got to choose between 4 of the less attractive girls...', then it would have been solely appropriate to his tastes.

Ukip make me reach for a shotgun everytime they're on QT - they have had unprecedented appearances on there, compared to other parties.

Joey Barton is a legend - I am no football expert - but for someone who's been written off as stupid, he comes across as actually much brighter than most would imagine or credit him for. Absolute accolade to the guy for stepping onto a platform that is hard for the best of them. Look at how badly the BNP did when they were on, and that was an experienced politician. Far and away above the average guy in the street's ability to cover the random political and other subjects that were to be discussed. "

His sexist, misogynistic comment let him down but I was more impressed with his performance than I expected to be. I liked that he said he was reading up on the possible subjects for discussion. Admitting to preparing is a good trait.

He was the most refreshing speaker I've seen on Question Time - possibly ever! I'd never agree with everything he thinks, but at least it was said without an agenda.

And he kicked the arse of that vile UKIP woman that tried her best to talk over everybody.

^^^

That.

I don't think he did badly. The opening comment was badly miscalculated. He wanted to come across as a bit edgy etc but that wasn't a good opener at all. Once he settled in he did better than I thought.

And the woman from UKIP was just awful.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Is that the same Barton that got convicted of beating up his black team-mate?

I think it was the other Joey Barton (famous for flower arranging)

King's Crustacean

I thought he did very well in the end. Good recovery and apology for the 'gaff' and not without opinion or humour.

I didn't find Louise Bours awful.

On the contrary she put her points succinctly, clearly, intelligently and she came across as a people person. Shame she's with UKIP.

» Add a new message to this topic