FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > nexus 10 help

nexus 10 help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I let my battery die right down ( i know i shouldnt have) and now it wont charge, well im not sure if its not charging or not switching on as its not doing anything. Ive checked online and tried doing all the stuff it says like holding power button down and holding up and down volume ect and its still not doing anything. So its either in a deep sleep and i dont know what else to do or could it be that i ran it so far down that it will take ages to get any kind of charge ive had it on charge for over an hour now. Help please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Anyone?

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Have you got another charger you can try??

Even totally dead it would have charge in it after an hour.

By *ack Genuine BullMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Try removing the battery for an hour, then reinstalling it.

"Have you got another charger you can try??

Even totally dead it would have charge in it after an hour. "

Ive tried lots of different charges

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd send the fucker back if it doesnt charge again.I thought all batteries needed an emptying anyway...and its impossible to keep one charged forever isnt it?

"Try removing the battery for an hour, then reinstalling it. "

I dont know how to take the battery out

This may be worth a try

1. Plug-in your dead N7 to a wall charger. (Jump immediately to step 2.)

2. Immediately after plugging it in, press Volume Down and Power at the same time.

3. Once in the bootloader menu, use Volume Down until you see “Power Off Device.”

4. Choose that option with the Power button.

5. Once your device is off, unplug the charger and then plug it back into the device.

6. You should now see the battery meter (pictured above) with your device returning to life.?

Good Luck

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

This happened to my lads. There is a fix for it but unfortunately I can't ask him until tomorrow.

It could be that flat it can't display the charging icon. Have you left it plugged in for an hour and then tried switching it on?

"It could be that flat it can't display the charging icon. Have you left it plugged in for an hour and then tried switching it on?"
Yes, it still wont do anything. Im going to leave it for tonight now

My nexus 10 did something similar when the battery ran completely flat, just charged it for a while and it came on.

To get the boot menu you need to hold the volume + & - and the power button for a bit, about 10-15 seconds off hand.

You can then use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select.

"My nexus 10 did something similar when the battery ran completely flat, just charged it for a while and it came on.

To get the boot menu you need to hold the volume + & - and the power button for a bit, about 10-15 seconds off hand.

You can then use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select."

This is what im having trouble with, it wont reboot. Ive done all the variations of holding the buttons down up to two minutes at the time. Im going with the theaory its so run down it cant show anything on the screen.

But it doesnt do the vibration like when it comes on.

Im going to leave it on charge all night and try again tomorrow.

Thanks everyone

Found this advice....

Plug in charger.

Try holding the power button longer. Holding the power button for 10 seconds or sometimes 30 seconds is needed when the Nexus 10 goes to “sleep” for a long time. This is always what I try first. If you think you’ve held it for long enough, hold it for 10 more seconds.

If this doesn’t work, make sure it’s not locked up by turning it all the way off. You can do this by accessing fastboot mode. Hold the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons all at once. Wait 10 seconds and hopefully your Nexus 10 will reset itself into fastboot mode. From there use the volume buttons to navigate to the ‘power off’ option and use the power button to select it. This will shut down your tablet. Once this is done charge it for a while and see if it’s working again. If your tablet still won’t turn on it’s probably because it’s not charging.

Nexus 10 won’t charge.

The easiest way to fix this problem is by trying a different charger. Samsung chargers work well for this.

"Found this advice....

Plug in charger.

Try holding the power button longer. Holding the power button for 10 seconds or sometimes 30 seconds is needed when the Nexus 10 goes to “sleep” for a long time. This is always what I try first. If you think you’ve held it for long enough, hold it for 10 more seconds.

If this doesn’t work, make sure it’s not locked up by turning it all the way off. You can do this by accessing fastboot mode. Hold the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons all at once. Wait 10 seconds and hopefully your Nexus 10 will reset itself into fastboot mode. From there use the volume buttons to navigate to the ‘power off’ option and use the power button to select it. This will shut down your tablet. Once this is done charge it for a while and see if it’s working again. If your tablet still won’t turn on it’s probably because it’s not charging.

Nexus 10 won’t charge.

The easiest way to fix this problem is by trying a different charger. Samsung chargers work well for this."

Thats the same bit of advice that i found

» Add a new message to this topic