FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > the goverment

the goverment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Recently got a fine for putting cig down drain i should of relised great 75 pound down

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh dear did he provide proff you put anything down the drain as you were going to pick up the strange beatle you had never seen before its a case could he prove you did what he said you did show me your proff mr police man or who ever it was

I know what the f?vk i dont know so annoying

I thought there was a stated case to say that cigarette butts did not constitute littering,

No i think no matter what you drop throw away in the street they can do you for it but its not for you to prove you didnt do something its for them to prove you did do it

I know i looked around after cams every wilst banking for work great

Tut tut you litterbug

try this next time:

"Can you help me, i have just accidentally dropped my cigarette and it fell down this drain, can you tell me who to contact in order to get my property back ? "

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Recently got a fine for putting cig down drain i should of relised great 75 pound down

"

The government didn't make you drop your fag end. You know the filters can take an age to degrade and can be harmful to wildlife?

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I think thats harsh being fined for putting it down the drain, if it was just the gutter, fair enough.

It's not exactly a new law.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1553284/80-fine-for-dropping-a-cigarette-butt.html

Dispose of your rubbish appropriately and there won't be a problem.

The fines will at least contribute to someone else having to clear up the mess.

"I think thats harsh being fined for putting it down the drain, if it was just the gutter, fair enough."

It's going to have to be cleaned up and filtered out if the water and disposed of somehow.

A drain isn't a bin

Serves you right. Maybe you'll think twice about littering and clogging the drains up in the future.

Stop smoking. No more problems with disposing of cigarette butts

Aye blame the government, they get the blame for everything else

Litter bugs are one of my biggest bug bears! There's no need to litter the streets or to stick things down the drains!

There's normally plenty of bins around to pop your litter into!

"Recently got a fine for putting cig down drain i should of relised great 75 pound down

"

Good, I'm pleased.

"

That is 75 pounds down the drain

I wonder why a "non-smoker" would have a cigarette to put down a drain...

"I wonder why a "non-smoker" would have a cigarette to put down a drain..."

Nice spot

"I thought there was a stated case to say that cigarette butts did not constitute littering,"

Iirc the littering laws were brought in heavily based on stopping cigarette butts or at least headlined as being against that.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

not the 'Governments' fault or anyone else for that matter..

personal responsibility perhaps..?

That is 75 pounds down the drain "

I know what an idiot i am

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

I know what an idiot i am"

do you mean for putting it down the drain or for putting non smoker on your profile then starting a thread about your cigarette butt??

do you mean for putting it down the drain or for putting non smoker on your profile then starting a thread about your cigarette butt?? "

Ive not put my status for smoking on my profile as i have to cigs a day and i get caught out for one of them

do you mean for putting it down the drain or for putting non smoker on your profile then starting a thread about your cigarette butt??

Ive not put my status for smoking on my profile as i have to cigs a day and i get caught out for one of them "

You smoke every day and you consider yourself a non-smoker? Hmmmm...

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

in the gutter or the drain or even out of the car window

its littering . we all seem to think its a petty crime . So we let people off , were does it stop , erm your honour I only stabbed him once so can I go home now .

If you like leaving ash in the road, have you ever considered self-immolation?

You'd escape a fine with that.

Personally I think the fine is a waste of time, I would however give you a public flogging

"Personally I think the fine is a waste of time, I would however give you a public flogging"

Thank you and i feel like a ryt monkey for it but dont know why people are so harsh on here as at some point everyone that has sent a msg on here has litterd

"Personally I think the fine is a waste of time, I would however give you a public flogging

Thank you and i feel like a ryt monkey for it but dont know why people are so harsh on here as at some point everyone that has sent a msg on here has litterd

"

No I haven't. Ever. I was brought up not to.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Personally I think the fine is a waste of time, I would however give you a public flogging

"

You weren't asking for sympathy and you said yourself it was a stupid thing to do so I don't know why you're getting the harsh treatment either really.

It was bloody daft but it was a lesson that cost you 75 quid to learn so I think you've done your time so to speak.

You weren't asking for sympathy and you said yourself it was a stupid thing to do so I don't know why you're getting the harsh treatment either really.

It was bloody daft but it was a lesson that cost you 75 quid to learn so I think you've done your time so to speak.

"

I think partly it was to do with trying to blame the government and the suggestion it's not fair. The claim that everyone has littered at some point hasn't helped.

A lot of smokers don't realise how long filters take to biodegrade, what is involved in clearing them up, (along with chewing gum!), and how environmentally harmful they can be.

"

I know thank you in hindsight i wouldnt of done it hindsight is a gd thing after you done the act

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think partly it was to do with trying to blame the government and the suggestion it's not fair. The claim that everyone has littered at some point hasn't helped.

A lot of smokers don't realise how long filters take to biodegrade, what is involved in clearing them up, (along with chewing gum!), and how environmentally harmful they can be."

Yep I hate litter too but when I was young and inexperienced I learnt a few lessons like this the hard way too.

All my gag end used to end up in my pockets as I would nip them and put want you would throw away in my pocket, an then get an ear bashing off the Mrs when they ended up in the washing machine

Sorry but as a non smoker I am fed up with smokers who just think they can toss there smoking litter everywhere then moan when people object !!!!!

"

Harsh well stand up like a man and take the punishment on the chin and don't blame anyone other than yourself

"I think thats harsh being fined for putting it down the drain, if it was just the gutter, fair enough.

It's going to have to be cleaned up and filtered out if the water and disposed of somehow.

A drain isn't a bin "

Yes and this is also very true but dont we pay for that service in water rates

Can I refer the OP to the current thread on spelling and grammar as I struggled to understand the post - sorry.

"

It's due to boredom

» Add a new message to this topic